Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    This sounds good on paper but in reality not what I would ever recommend for several reasons. The experience you speak of is the 12-16 weeks of contest prep and dieting. Competing in a show you are not in shape for will be an experience that you will likely want to forget. Also, dont expect to win? Again, if you are competing in this sport and not expecting to win you have already lost. The mental discipline and focus needed to do well in this sport is extreme. If you dont truly beleive you are going to win you will never overcome the obstacles and demands it takes to get yourself into contest condition. Over the last 20 something years I have attended well over 100 bodybuiding contest, many from the stage, many from the audience. Every show there are a few competitors that are "there for the experience". You never want to be that person that has the audience whispering "WTF is he/she doing up there?". (not suggesting this will happen to you 11way)

I have seen this many times. My last show there was a guy who was competing for the first time "for the experience" and was not anywhere near the condition he needed to be in. You could tell after prejudging he was pretty embarrassed and really just wanted to go home. Of course there were six people in the class too so he was the only one left off stage during awards presentation. I promise you his exerience was not worth what he went through.

Next, dont underestimate the financial costs of stepping on stage.
    NPC Card-$100
    Entry Fee-$50-$75
    Tanning Prep-$150-$250
    Suit-$200-$1000
    For women, hair, nails, makeup ect....
    Not to mention usually1-2 nights hotel accomadations and a host of expences.

Kick in supplements (legal kind) and extra food and you are literally talking thousands of dollars to compete. Not something I would ever recommend you do if you havent put in the work and are just wanting the experience.
    is it seriously that much just for a spray tan and a competition suit..? a competition suit is basicly a g-string. who pays a $1000 for a g-string?! i would have though like $30?

just out of curiosity, whats ur competition history FG?

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    ok so high costs and feeling totally humiliated are not things that need to be experienced, so why not go along as a spectator to get a feel for it.

TBH I thought it would be a local/regional comp at first and work your way up to nationals.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Gucks View Post
    is it seriously that much just for a spray tan and a competition suit..? a competition suit is basicly a g-string. who pays a $1000 for a g-string?! i would have though like $30?
    You dont get posing suits at the local swimwear store. They need to be custom fit and are not cheap. My wife and I just dropped nearly $500 for one suit a piece for our next show. Tanning, just dropped well over $100 for a tanning package, even with the spray tan is is important you have a good base underneath. Just ordered 7 bottles of Pro-Tan from DiscountSupplements.com plus Bronzer and Bikini Bite. Easily over $300 for our tanning prep.

just out of curiosity, whats ur competition history FG?
    First show in 1993, with nearly 20 more since then. Competed as a Natural Bodybuilder for my first 15 years in the sport. Never competed past State and Regional level shows.

Quote Originally Posted by rossapplecart View Post
    ok so high costs and feeling totally humiliated are not things that need to be experienced, so why not go along as a spectator to get a feel for it.
    Now that is something I HIGHLY recommend. Especially going to the prejudging in the morning so you can see what the judges have you do. You will learn 10x more at prejuding than at a night show.
    TBH I thought it would be a local/regional comp at first and work your way up to nationals.
    True, you need to qualify prior to being able to compete in National Shows. Dont underestimate the quality of competitors at the state and regional level. It's very very tough out there. Lots of great athletes.

is there a competition sticky ? I have lots of questions

Some good stuff here. If you have more questions post them here as well. MikeXL and a few other guys are more inclined to help out in this area as well.
    http://forums.steroid.com/forumdispl...ILDING-Q-amp-A

lol, yeah i was just having a read in there, (shitloading omg), ok so we have seen plenty of cutting diets, but what about the final week before a competition ? and could this method be used regularly for say a photoshoot or even holiday ? and from Mike XXl method of Shitloading there seemed to be a lot more carbs than i thought, is this to keep the hardness ? is there a better way ?

I once saw a documentary on a guy who was entering and did well and ended up going to Germany , he looked ripped an all, he seemed to eat nothing but rice cakes and fish, and a bottle of wine the night before.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Red wine acts as a diuretic. I've heard of some body builders having a glass before going onstage

Those who choose to do some alcohol prior to going on stage are doing it for the vasodialation effect not for diuretic purposes.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Ah, that makes sense! I've always felt more vascular following a martini but just assumed placebo.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    ahh yeah my mistake. I just went back and read it again. Also explains the drunk flush or bushing of the face. Opening up the capalaries in the skin

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    Those who choose to do some alcohol prior to going on stage are doing it for the vasodialation effect not for diuretic purposes.
    And for some...not the best choice. After dieting, diuretics and dehydrating ones self for show...can backfire. I've seen many girls who need'nt have done this pass out on stage!

tom502 is offline New Member
    I think you should go on and compete in it. Even if you come in last, which I don't think you will, you'll have this experience to build on.

Quote Originally Posted by tom502 View Post
    I think you should go on and compete in it. Even if you come in last, which I don't think you will, you'll have this experience to build on.
    Do you know what show she is doing? Have you seen the list of her fellow competitor? Have you read the NPC judging criteria for the Bikini Class? How many NPC bodybuilding shows have you personally attended? Even if your answers are "yes, yes, yes, and several" How can possibly tell her you dont think she will come in last? Doesnt matter what person I may be helping get ready for a show (or myself), if someone asks "How do you think I will place"? The answer is always, somewhere before first and last. Not trying to be overly critical here but what exactly will she "build upon" by spending a ton of money and stepping on stage for a show she hasnt prepared properly for?

Emperor9 is offline Associate Member
    id love to see more back definition ,looks ready for bikini ,iv seen some chunky girls even enter those. Overall I think your trainer has done you well.

Focusmen is offline Associate Member
    emperor9 your avitar is very disturbing. lol

11WaY is offline Female Member
    new diet:
    8:4egg whites one whole egg 1/4 cup cream of rice
    1030:6grams bcaa with 1/4 cup berry
    130:4oz chicken 1cup veggie 1/4 cup brown rice
    330:small can of tuna or protien shake with water
    830:3oz chicken or turkey
    going to post new pics as well.... let me know what you think.

I think your too low calorie...your going to starve your body for the nutrients it needs.

You'll loose weight...fast...and not in a healthy way

Last edited by Focusmen; 03-15-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Looking better. My issues are still with the extremities mainly. More definition of quad heads and definition between arm/shoulder. Again, both will be achieved with a high protein diet that's not too low on calories as Kawi said. Your body fat isn't the main issue, you don't have much that needs to go - it's just losing it while adding/maintaining lean mass to give you definition in those areas. You can't just become a lighter version of your current self.

Quote Originally Posted by 11WaY View Post
    new diet:
    8:4egg whites one whole egg 1/4 cup cream of rice Do you not like oatmeal? Maybe an oat/barley based multigrain cereal? Cream of rice isn't the best.

1030:6grams bcaa with 1/4 cup berry Add some no-sugar added low-fat greek yogurt for protein here with the berries, maybe some almonds.

130:4oz chicken 1cup veggie 1/4 cup brown rice Good but if you're active here (to/from the gym or something) this needs to be a 1/2 cup of rice - 15g carbs is nothing.

330:small can of tuna or protien shake with water Add an energy source - 10g of fat or a 1/4 cup oats/brown rice/1/2 sweet potato

830:3oz chicken or turkey 5 hours between tiny protein based meals is a huge lapse - try to get this meal in twice between 5 and 10 PM with some healthy fat added, maybe 2 tsp of EVOO on veggies.
    going to post new pics as well.... let me know what you think.
    Quick, loose critique. You're just gonna whither away if you don't implement at very least those suggestions, maybe more carbs yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Quick, loose critique. You're just gonna whither away if you don't implement at very least those suggestions, maybe more carbs yet.
    in total agreement.

all you'll look like on stage is a twig...not a "bikini model"

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Not sure how the pics appear to have been posted by Focusmen and not the OP, but that's neither here nor there.

Maybe it's me or the lighting, but I see a pretty dramatic difference from the last set of pics, in a good way. Don't take that the wrong way; you could have been hitting it hard and making great strides, so i'm not doubting your hard work!

I would just take heed of what Damien and Kawi said; you don't want to lose LBM along with the bodyfat. You don't have far to go, so keep your food intake up, keep working out and doing your cardio and you'll get there!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    you have definitely made some progress! especially in the mid-section and glutes. i agree with damien, need to get those quads a little more developed. and by the way, i have no competition experience what so ever, just giving my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Not sure how the pics appear to have been posted by Focusmen and not the OP, but that's neither here nor there.

Maybe it's me or the lighting, but I see a pretty dramatic difference from the last set of pics, in a good way. Don't take that the wrong way; you could have been hitting it hard and making great strides, so i'm not doubting your hard work!

I would just take heed of what Damien and Kawi said; you don't want to lose LBM along with the bodyfat. You don't have far to go, so keep your food intake up, keep working out and doing your cardio and you'll get there!
    As you can see we did take the pics with a differnet back drop and lighting. that may have something to do with the difference in apperence but she has also came down in all her measurments...

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    nice and noticable improvements, a way to go yet, but definitely showing progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Focusmen View Post
    As you can see we did take the pics with a differnet back drop and lighting. that may have something to do with the difference in apperence but she has also came down in all her measurments...
    I'm confused now... you said we - how are you involved? Sorry if I missed something earlier in the thread that answers this question. =)

Biggest improvement I see is in her posture. Although, she needs to work on the pose from the back. Pinching too much causing her shoulder blades to pop out.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Focusman are you the photographer?

I too am confused.....all of the sudden you have new photos of Way11...

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    He trains with her doesnt he

Dnt i remember 11way saying that her male friend got her to join this site?

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Focusman are you the photographer?

I too am confused.....all of the sudden you have new photos of Way11...
    ^ ^ this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    He trains with her doesnt he

Dnt i remember 11way saying that her male friend got her to join this site?
    Maybe that's what it is, it's all I could figure too. That would explain Focus getting defensive (no offense brotha) early in the thread when FG was talking about being able to see these same girls anytime in a bar or by the pool.

11way is my girlfriend... in real life. The pics were on my computer so i uploade them, didnt know this would be a problem. lol

I dont recall ever getting "defensive"... i was just disagreeing with his stamentment. thats what this forum seems to be all about. haha

^^^^ well....you've got a nice looking girlfriend!

11way is my girlfriend... in real life. The pics were on my computer so i uploade them, didnt know this would be a problem. lol

I dont recall ever getting "defensive"... i was just disagreeing with his stamentment. thats what this forum seems to be all about. haha
    Not a problem at all man, just confusing, at least for me (and Slimmer evidently!).

Now you're getting defensive about me calling you defensive... lol - i'm just fvcking with u bro.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    ^^^^ well....you've got a nice looking girlfriend!
    x2, and props to you for having the balls to post her pics and listen to criticisms.

[QUOTE=gbrice75;5570783]Not a problem at all man, just confusing, at least for me (and Slimmer evidently!).

Now you're getting defensive about me calling you defensive... lol - i'm just fvcking with u bro.

x2, and props to you for having the balls to post her pics and listen to criticisms.[/QUOTE]

if your going to compete in any division of this sport...you better have thick skin, learn to accept criticism...but most of all...remember that each individual will have their own expectations on what you need to look like, work on; and to take it as a subjective suggestion.

Biggest show in Texas history with almost 400 competitors. 24 girls in her class alone..... took 5th place. im proud
    Last edited by Focusmen; 04-08-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Biggest show in Texas history with almost 400 competitors. 24 girls in her class alone..... took 5th place. im proud
    FVCKING AWESOME, congrats!!!!

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    well done, congrats, to both of you.

I am assuming she is the one far left?

CONGRATS to WAY 11!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Congratulations! You look great.

Rollergirl is offline Female Member
    Is there a good technical way to test bf%. I'm told I'm between 8-11%. But wish it was more accurate

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information