Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Newer lady member needing diet & workout guidance

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Based on what you're saying above, I really don't think you're losing muscle. You feel good, and you're not doing any intense exercising that would cause you to lose muscle. Unless you're severely undereating (under 1000 calories?), I see no reason your body would have to give up LBM. So, relax and keep those cortisol levels down!
    Sounds good to me!! Thx!!!!

Off TOPIC, BUT IT IS MY THREAD....so I have been walking 7 miles after work and have established an average of 4 beep beeps from passerbyes...guys in pickups or motorcycles...and an occassional whistle. This is HARMLESS!

Today, I got my 4 beeps plus a BONUS (HA)...guy in a van stalk me for 1.5 miles...first passed me, then turned around and drove past, pulled in a parking lot, but I was moving too fast for him to pull up aside of me...drove past again into the side street and pulled into my path when crossing....now this is just plain CREEPY! My ear buds saved me....I just never heard him and kept moving!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    That's it! YOU GOT IT GOING GIRL!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    Off TOPIC, BUT IT IS MY THREAD....so I have been walking 7 miles after work and have established an average of 4 beep beeps from passerbyes...guys in pickups or motorcycles...and an occassional whistle. This is HARMLESS!

Today, I got my 4 beeps plus a BONUS (HA)...guy in a van stalk me for 1.5 miles...first passed me, then turned around and drove past, pulled in a parking lot, but I was moving too fast for him to pull up aside of me...drove past again into the side street and pulled into my path when crossing....now this is just plain CREEPY! My ear buds saved me....I just never heard him and kept moving!
    I am going to recommend a large pizza, some Chinese take out, and a full cheese cake. You, madam, are simply becoming too hot for your own safety!

Sorry about the creep stalker - but other than that, it must feel pretty damn good, eh?

When I first started losing weight, I noticed girls looking at me more and more.... even turned a few heads (i'm no Brad Pitt, I get that) which isn't something I was used to over the years. I'm married, but damn it feels good to be able to flirt with confidence, or have a few women sweating me!

I am going to recommend a large pizza, some Chinese take out, and a full cheese cake. You, madam, are simply becoming too hot for your own safety!

Sorry about the creep stalker - but other than that, it must feel pretty damn good, eh?

When I first started losing weight, I noticed girls looking at me more and more.... even turned a few heads (i'm no Brad Pitt, I get that) which isn't something I was used to over the years. I'm married, but damn it feels good to be able to flirt with confidence, or have a few women sweating me!
    Yeah. I do feel like look has come a long way after 35 pounds but I am afraid I am not interested in going back anytime soon so I am gonna pass on that mega cheat meal. LOL.

Creepy stalker aside, the attention is appreciated and keeps me motivated!!!!

I was once worried that I would gain it back, but that seems unlikely now. I will be celebratingalmost a year of changed lifestyle and looking forward to many more. Nothing is better than fit and thin feels.

And thanks for all your help : )

So glad to read this!!!!

And also very happy that you seem to be over the 'omg i'll get fat overnight' thing in just a year... i'm going on several years now since getting in shape, and STILL think it's the end of the world every time I eff up. It sucks... sometimes I feel like i'll always have a fat boy mentality!!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    damn hot stuff! 3 honks and toot! go head wit ya bad ass bod! glad to hear some real positives come out of you and just think whenever you get back into the swing of things! i said it before on here, they betta watch out for this hot betty!!! love hearing this from you and can't wait for the next chapter!

as for the stalker, pepper spray his ass!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    just think whenever you get back into the swing of things!
    love hearing this from you and can't wait for the next chapter!
    This is a great point... we're getting all of this positive feedback from you while you're at your WORST (don't mean that to sound negative) - i.e. cannot workout, can barely do any kind of cardio, etc. Just IMAGINE when you are full swing again... sick!!!

So glad to read this!!!!

And also very happy that you seem to be over the 'omg i'll get fat overnight' thing in just a year... i'm going on several years now since getting in shape, and STILL think it's the end of the world every time I eff up. It sucks... sometimes I feel like i'll always have a fat boy mentality!!
    Gbrice...I am absolutely stunned by your reply. Have you not bought a new wardrobe...however, I think you have some fattie pants lying around cuz your pics do seem to show that your trunks are WAY TO BIG FOR YOU NOW! Nothing makes me feel more thin then slipping into my size 2 slacks that fit like a glove. You need to go shopping! That should do the trick!!!!! ; )

[QUOTE=00ragincajun00;5779980]damn hot stuff! 3 honks and toot! go head wit ya bad ass bod! glad to hear some real positives come out of you and just think whenever you get back into the swing of things! i said it before on here, they betta watch out for this hot betty!!! love hearing this from you and can't wait for the next chapter!

as for the stalker, pepper spray his ass![/QUOTE]

What a grand idea! I need to go shoppin for some spray!!

On aside note, last nite while walking two young guys (mid 20's) in a hot rod red sports car yell out...you a sexy girl....I smiled thinking...I could be your mama...and they seemed to have no idea or didn't care....so now I guess it must be true! LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75;5***007
    This is a great point... we're getting all of this positive feedback from you while you're at your WORST (don't mean that to sound negative) - i.e. cannot workout, can barely do any kind of cardio, etc. Just IMAGINE when you are full swing again... sick!!!
    RC and GBrice...I haven't looked as this being my worst and I do know what you mean. My worst was at 180 plus. My worst was went I couldn't control my food intake. My worst was when I couldn't move my fat butt off the couch.

This is just a temporary place and I only have 2 more weeks until I hit the gym and get back to my beloved spinning class and resistance weights.

Attitude...I have always been more upbeat and positive cuz the alternative is the pits. It would be easy to grump around the whole 6 weeks, but I am making the most of this time. Giving my knees a break, rest to the sprained ankle from August Warrior Dash. I will be tearing up my clubs (I hop from gym to gym so I call it club hopping...hahahaha). And in some twisted way, will miss the honks and the cat calls and even the van stalker........LOL!! Thanks for the suport...you guys are great!!!

I have a secret that is about to be exposed. I have family coming into town and I never mentioned to them that I have lost 35 pounds.....will be interesting to see the reaction! Can't wait to share it with you, although, it may never be mentioned cuz these family members are the ones that always notice when I gained weight and never said a word when I lost 10 - 15 pounds in the past................STAY TUNED!!!

I weighed in today. no change from last week. I really had expected to be down half a pound, but didn't happen. This week is gonna be hard....family in town, wedding and I do plan on having a few glasses of wine. I will have to catch up once I get back in the gym in another 2 weeks. Yay!!!

Attitude
    YOURS is impeccable. This will bring you far in this game... keep it up!!!!

I have a secret that is about to be exposed. I have family coming into town and I never mentioned to them that I have lost 35 pounds.....will be interesting to see the reaction! Can't wait to share it with you, although, it may never be mentioned cuz these family members are the ones that always notice when I gained weight and never said a word when I lost 10 - 15 pounds in the past................STAY TUNED!!!
    Love this kind of stuff, can't wait to hear about it!!!! For some people 10-15lbs is hard to notice... or not worth mentioning. 35lbs is UNDENIABLE, and if they don't have anything positive to say about that, then i'm calling jealousy!!

I weighed in today. no change from last week. I really had expected to be down half a pound, but didn't happen. This week is gonna be hard....family in town, wedding and I do plan on having a few glasses of wine. I will have to catch up once I get back in the gym in another 2 weeks. Yay!!!
    Again... remember that maintaining was your goal. That means you've hit your goal this week. Losing was a HUGE bonus. Don't sweat it at all... and don't sweat this weekend. Try not to go nuts, but do live your life. Definitely enjoy yourself. You will be focused as hell in a couple weeks, so enjoy yourself now!

Love this kind of stuff, can't wait to hear about it!!!! For some people 10-15lbs is hard to notice... or not worth mentioning. 35lbs is UNDENIABLE, and if they don't have anything positive to say about that, then i'm calling jealousy!!

Again... remember that maintaining was your goal. That means you've hit your goal this week. Losing was a HUGE bonus. Don't sweat it at all... and don't sweat this weekend. Try not to go nuts, but do live your life. Definitely enjoy yourself. You will be focused as hell in a couple weeks, so enjoy yourself now!
    Well...family members said not one WORD that I have lost 35 freakin pounds...not even a peep!!! Not ONE word. Nothing. really, REALLY!!!

And thanks for keeping my head on straight about my over zealous goal setting, GBrice..you right......AGAIN!!!!

Jealousy makes people do things they would not ordinarily do. I have seen it my entire life. The trick is not to take it personally when people do this. I know it bugged the crap outta ya. It would me. But they just could not bring themselves up to giving you accolades.

You know you look fantastic. And guess what? So do they!
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 10-20-2011 at 03:50 PM.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    You know you look fantastic. And guess what? So do they!
    yes, you are right.

...after noticing that the flowers were loosing their freshness, that I had shed two hairs on the bathroom floor and after noticing that I didn't have mums on the front porch, subject of my weight loss finally came up today.......but didn't spend any time telling me how great I look...just factual questions...how much you lose, when you lose it...and that is about all.

I believe Slimmer and GBrice got this peg nailed on the head....JEALEOUSY is not flattering. Bothered me at first, but I really don't care in the long run....not worth my time!

^^ not worth it EVER. It all comes from a deprived way of thinking rather than an abundant way which "includes" instead of "excludes." And that method rarely gets very far. It might temporarily but that doesn't count.
    Author Unknown

Well...I did enjoy about a bottle of merlot and some awesome appetizers (more then I needed). I opted for the salmon which was covered in a wonderful cream sauce and had a half box of chocolates. Today, my tummy is bloated and the wine has warped my taste buds, but I don't have a chipped tooth...hahahaha.......

I may cut into the gym a few days early cuz I can't hardly take it anyMORE!!!!

but I don't have a chipped tooth...hahahaha.......
    LMFAO!!!

I may cut into the gym a few days early cuz I can't hardly take it anyMORE!!!!
    Just be safe, be sure you're ready. The last thing you want to do is jump the gun, injure yourself, and be set back even further.

If you plan to go for it, I suggest plenty of stretching, and a week of bodyweight exercises only - i.e. no weights added. Push Ups, Bodyweight squats, Burpee's, etc.

Allow your body some time to acclimate before you put a load on it again.

Weigh in today and on the wrong side of 140 after last weekend wedding. I didn't over eat that much. I mean really. REALLY.

Workouts start on Sunday. A few days early but cannot stand it anymore!!!

^^ lol, reread post #180

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Weigh in today and on the wrong side of 140 after last weekend wedding. I didn't over eat that much. I mean really. REALLY.

Workouts start on Sunday. A few days early but cannot stand it anymore!!!
    Don't sweat it, could be water from sodium increase or sometimes alcohol can play with certain hormones and will actually have you retain more water than usual (this effect will occur days after consuming). Keep up your hard work!

^^ lol, reread post #180
    yes dear....I am ready! I thought to watch the weights and had initially thought to go to my beginning pounds, not cut back to nothing AND do see your point. I am so ready to have a good sweat, can't hardly wait and packed my bag for tomorrow!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    Don't sweat it, could be water from sodium increase or sometimes alcohol can play with certain hormones and will actually have you retain more water than usual (this effect will occur days after consuming). Keep up your hard work!
    auslifta...welcome to my thread...and yessssss I did drink too much merlot....at least 4 or 5 glasses (lost count) and was flying high like kite. Tis good news you share. Thx!!!

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    holy canolie I have missed alot!

I have so many posts I wanted to comment on but my retarded reply w quote secretly hates me, so Im just gonna sum it up...

WOW
    LOVE IT, a bit scarey ...maybe walk with mace? or a buddy?
    wuz mount biking down main street with Tiger and kid the other day ~ I got a "hay baby, fine!"...I turned behind me and asked Toger "was that you?" hes had no idea what I was talking about, so Im gonna go ahead an tell myself it was some guy that drove bye lol. Didnt realize how much I liked that stuff, it used to be annoying to me
    omg...I have the opposite prob Gbrice ~ i allways think Im hott and get surprised when I see im not rite now lol
    My family is the same cr@ppy way. so uncool. but who cares ~ you have your very own personal cheerleaders RITE HERE <3
    the truely awsome thing about dieting is that alcohol is usualy cut out or doen, and when we do drink ~ were cheep drunks! lol

GIRLYGYMRAT = Attachment 117536

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    don't beat ya self up over it. i know that when i come off of an alcohol night, my weight will be high for a few days, i hold water like a woman! do not overdo it with the weights either, do what you can and go from there. and thanks for the compliment

I went to the gym and did my beloved spinning class!!! back in the saddle again and I soooooooo missed that class. gonna hold off on weights for another week and then ease into it!!

do not overdo it with the weights either, do what you can and go from there. and thanks for the compliment
    u most deserving ; )

marionx is offline New Member
    By eating healthy you are boosting your energy levels, improving your bodily functions, and helping to improve your immune.

Quote Originally Posted by marionx View Post
    By eating healthy you are boosting your energy levels, improving your bodily functions, and helping to improve your immune.
    Thx for stopping by!

I haven't been sick, not even a sinus infection, all year since I started eating properly. I do use a netty pot on occasion and ear candle regularity, but no colds, no flu, no days down. Just luv that!!!

Ladyblahblah is offline Female Member
    I went to the gym and did my beloved spinning class!!! back in the saddle again and I soooooooo missed that class. gonna hold off on weights for another week and then ease into it!!
    Trying to catch up...
    Yea!! Good for you ~ I know it was driving you crazy not being able to go. I think it's great that your holding off a little more on the weights and having the "taking it easy" attitude. Every individual is different, of course, but I found it to be quite difficult doing upper body for a few months after my surgery. So don't be disappointed IF you can't do some chest and/or shoulder exercises for awhile. But I want to stress the "if" because you may be right back in there throwing those weights around like you're Wonder Woman!!

Sorry about the disappointing reaction from your family during your visit. (The physical appearance topic with my family is a nightmare, too). I think you have an incredible attitude and am glad you didn't let it get you down. You've come a long way, worked very hard to attain your goals and know that you look great. And like everyone else in here said, isn't that all that really matters?

From what I've read so far and with the brief story you gave me re: your journey, I have complete faith that you'll be on the right side of 140 in no time at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyblahblah View Post
    Trying to catch up...
    Yea!! Good for you ~ I know it was driving you crazy not being able to go. I think it's great that your holding off a little more on the weights and having the "taking it easy" attitude. Every individual is different, of course, but I found it to be quite difficult doing upper body for a few months after my surgery. So don't be disappointed IF you can't do some chest and/or shoulder exercises for awhile. But I want to stress the "if" because you may be right back in there throwing those weights around like you're Wonder Woman!!

Sorry about the disappointing reaction from your family during your visit. (The physical appearance topic with my family is a nightmare, too). I think you have an incredible attitude and am glad you didn't let it get you down. You've come a long way, worked very hard to attain your goals and know that you look great. And like everyone else in here said, isn't that all that really matters?

From what I've read so far and with the brief story you gave me re: your journey, I have complete faith that you'll be on the right side of 140 in no time at all!
    I did weight today and LBB, you are so right...I could only do chest flys without weights. I pulled back on all weights - It will be a little bit before I can be wonder woman again..LMAO!!!

Family...they don't matter. I went to Victoria's Secret yesterday for bras.....ok...wait for it......WAAAAIIIIIITTTTTTTT FFFFFOOOOOORRR IIIITTTTTT!
    34 DD. Smoking Hot double d's.....love that plastic surgeon. We were shooting for full Cs. OOOPPPPSSSSS!!!!!

34 DD. Smoking Hot double d's.....
    all lies without pics!

jk hun... but WOW... wtf!!! Hey, if you like how they look and they make you happy, congrats!!!!

all lies without pics!

jk hun... but WOW... wtf!!! Hey, if you like how they look and they make you happy, congrats!!!!
    Honestly...tried to upload a photo of the girls (covered of course), and the image was too big.....now that is FUNNY!!!

I learned something yesterday about bra sizing. If you go down in the measurement (36 to 34) you go up in the cup (D to DD)...and that's what happened to me. I am now smaller in the rib cage so the cup size goes up. The sales lady told be not to panic....so think Ds!!!

They look fab. At the other gym today, and all the gals interested in my results (haven't seen them for 6 weeks). They all like, but the ultimate compliment came from lady in her mid to late 50s..."hon, you are sexy...so just keep that weight where it is now!!!! awhhhh, sweetness!!!

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ^ love it!

Ladyblahblah is offline Female Member
    I did weight today and LBB, you are so right..
    Does not happen often so I shall cherish this moment.

Smoking Hot double d's.....love that plastic surgeon. We were shooting for full Cs. OOOPPPPSSSSS!!!!!
    Lol!! SO glad that you're happy with the outcome! Wouldn't it be great if all of the OOOPPPPSSSS's in our lives were that fullfilling??! Lol.

They look fab. At the other gym today, and all the gals interested in my results (haven't seen them for 6 weeks). They all like, but the ultimate compliment came from lady in her mid to late 50s..."hon, you are sexy...so just keep that weight where it is now!!!! awhhhh, sweetness!!!
    Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!! Love some supportive ladies!!

happy halloween!
    Author Unknown

^^^ thanks slimmer!

Weigh in day and I am back down to 139.2. Yay!!!! I am pleased but realize that would be further along had I not eaten TREATS. Still easing back into workouts. Weights r where I needed to pull back, esp upper body.

All and all very happy. In past would have gained a good 4 - 6 lbs in sept and Oct so I feel AHEAD in this game. I have not given up hope on losing 4 lbs by end of year. No biggie if I don't. I can't tell u how much joy it will be to start the new year down almost 40 but I will take 35 as a boobie prize.....made a funny!!!!

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information