Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 742
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Newer lady member needing diet & workout guidance

  1. #81
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Thanks for the shout out but this is all about you and it sounds like you're doing great.
    you deserve it!! you are so humble!

    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Just be patient because once that happens, it'll melt off in a few short weeks.
    a virtue I am still working on....

    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Keep pushing shorty.
    did you just call me short...I resemble that comment...LOL!

  2. #82
    SlimmerMe's Avatar
    SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA and many other places
    Posts
    11,408
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    Slimmer - I do think some of these dudes are in touch with their feminine side.....Do you think they might know of the color peche?? And that it is really hot for spring!
    If they knew they could eat it, yes!

  3. #83
    tbody66's Avatar
    tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,238
    Yes, and there are some applications in winter, with the right main color scheme, I've never personally used it as the main, accent only.

  4. #84
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Yes, and there are some applications in winter, with the right main color scheme, I've never personally used it as the main, accent only.
    Too funny! Tbody

  5. #85
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194

    6 weeks in...down another 3

    Weigh, measure, pics - down just shy of 3 lbs this week for total of 15 lbs in 6 weeks. Down 1 inch in waist and tummy roll for total of 2 inches in my stubborn spots. Just as predicted by Damien, it is starting.

    Workout routine was spotty at best due to University. One weight session, 2 spinning classes and 1.5 hours of family dance nite..legs are still sore from busting my moves on the dance floor with elementary kids..what a blast!!

    I am getting into my smaller sizes (6/8)...but others are ill fitting at best. I will be donating the "fattie" sizes as soon as I can. Valuable lesson...donate, toss, burn those larger sizes as soon as you get into smaller ones....If you have the larger sizes "in inventory" it is too easy to step back into them. That little snug feeling on your skinny jeans is a reminder that you might need to you lose a few before it gets out of control.

    If I stay on this pace, I will mostly likely need a part time job for that new waredrobe come spring...maybe I should jump over to the lounge for part time job advice....LMAO!

  6. #86
    Damienm05's Avatar
    Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,213
    I'm very proud of you! It sounds like you're doing great!

  7. #87
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194

    uh ohh - up a pound

    Week 7 and up one from last week; Measurements unchanged. Ate dinner late last night so not panicked in this moment.

    Past week was tuff with exams, stress, favorite cheat meals on cheat day and gym time down from previous weeks, although stronger in resistance training even though babying that shoulder.

    At what point do I re-evaluate food intake. After next week to see if this week is a fluke or a plateau???

  8. #88
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194

    Week 9 Progress to Date

    Down 3.5 lbs over past 2 weeks, so my loss rate is slowing down over the past month. Overall down 17.5 pounds since January 1st and I am now at the upper end of my lean body weight range.

    I continue to lose inches in my chest/back and butt and I have lose inches off my legs (thighs and upper knee) within the last 2 weeks But NOTHING off that miserable tummy roll so I am hoping the next 12.5 lbs comes off my middle - LOL!

    My progress has slowed in the past month, but I have also been 'enjoying' the local food and festivals in my temporary location. Food is a social pastime here (and everywhere) and yesterday, a lady brought in piggies in a blank (with hot sausage), croissants stuffed with cream cheese and smoked sausage and a guy's wife made Neiman Marcus Brownies. So, I guess I had my cheat meal yesterday.

    At what point do I re-evaluate my daily caloric intake...when I plateau? Or do I not adjust and just stay with the current plan (less all these little extra's).

  9. #89
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    bold

    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    Down 3.5 lbs over past 2 weeks, so my loss rate is slowing down over the past month. Overall down 17.5 pounds since January 1st and I am now at the upper end of my lean body weight range.

    Congrats GGR, that's awesome!

    I continue to lose inches in my chest/back and butt and I have lose inches off my legs (thighs and upper knee) within the last 2 weeks But NOTHING off that miserable tummy roll so I am hoping the next 12.5 lbs comes off my middle - LOL!

    Unlikely, but some should. I know for men, it's often the last to go. For women, that's usually the hips and arse, but stomach can be stubborn as well.

    My progress has slowed in the past month, but I have also been 'enjoying' the local food and festivals in my temporary location. Food is a social pastime here (and everywhere) and yesterday, a lady brought in piggies in a blank (with hot sausage), croissants stuffed with cream cheese and smoked sausage and a guy's wife made Neiman Marcus Brownies. So, I guess I had my cheat meal yesterday.

    The fact that you're not going hardcore and still losing is great. Just keep it in check and continue making progress. Small steps is progress regardless.

    At what point do I re-evaluate my daily caloric intake...when I plateau? Or do I not adjust and just stay with the current plan (less all these little extra's).

    I wouldn't change anything so long as you are making progress. If you make no progress after 2 weeks (and can honestly say you did everything right), I would then suggest you up your cardio and/or lower your overall calories a bit. One week isn't enough to make this determination because we all have freak weeks where we don't lose, or even gain (like your previous post).

    Keep going, you're doing great!

  10. #90
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194

    Week 10.5 update

    Thanks GBrice and Damien...u my buds! I have you both to thank!

    Down another 2.5 pounds!! For total of 20...10 more to go.

    More good news...starting to come off the waist; my stubborn spot. Just a tad.

    Even more good news...my friends at home noticed on a recent return...what are you doing? you look awesome! Peeps in temporary location also say...you are tiny. Skinny people are talking to me...that is so bizarre...like I am more approachable in size 6 jeans.

    I must have hit that sweet spot! Thanks for the encouragement!!

  11. #91
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is online now Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    22,896
    way to go! sounds like you are doing fantastic. 20 pounds is a lot of weight to lose. and it sounds like you are more confident in yourself now, so go head with your bad ass self!

  12. #92
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    Thanks GBrice and Damien...u my buds! I have you both to thank!

    Down another 2.5 pounds!! For total of 20...10 more to go.

    More good news...starting to come off the waist; my stubborn spot. Just a tad.

    Even more good news...my friends at home noticed on a recent return...what are you doing? you look awesome! Peeps in temporary location also say...you are tiny. Skinny people are talking to me...that is so bizarre...like I am more approachable in size 6 jeans.

    I must have hit that sweet spot! Thanks for the encouragement!!
    Congrats GGR, you sound really happy!!! I'm so glad you've made this progress so far, keep going!

    PS - we want to see pics when you lose your last 10lbs... it's the ultimate satisfaction!

  13. #93
    Damienm05's Avatar
    Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,213
    Congrats GGR. You are my favorite remote protege of all time. You are dedicated and sensible - a rare combination. I can't wait for you to fully realize your goals. You're so close now.

    Does my heart good every time you update

  14. #94
    SlimmerMe's Avatar
    SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA and many other places
    Posts
    11,408
    You have done a GREAT JOB!!! SO Happy for you! And you sound happy too.

  15. #95
    tbody66's Avatar
    tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,238
    Great to hear about all the progress, can't wait to see the end result!

  16. #96
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Congrats GGR, you sound really happy!!! I'm so glad you've made this progress so far, keep going!

    PS - we want to see pics when you lose your last 10lbs... it's the ultimate satisfaction!
    I was actually starting to get concerned about keeping it off...losing is the easiest part...I have always gained back..fast or slow..but always back. Your post is extremely encouraging. Thanks gbrice.

    8 more to go...but I have a vacation next week...not an all inclusive so I have control

    And about those pics...well...I will have to pray about that....although I did buy some bikini's today for my little trip away. It could happen....but I am not looking to be a bikini model. I read these OP posts and I got nothing on these gals....LOL!!

  17. #97
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by damienm05 View Post
    congrats ggr. You are my favorite remote protege of all time. You are dedicated and sensible - a rare combination. i can't wait for you to fully realize your goals. You're so close now.

    does my heart good every time you update


    I think I am anxious as you I had my cheat meal yesterday....the cajun shrimp with boiled potates and corn was HOT...but good. The ALMOND cake was delicious and the leftover cake stayed at the host home. Yeah..I don't need a cake messing up my home stretch.

    awh...you have been a blessing to me... being away from home has helped too with focus...like being at a "fat farm" hahahaha. I am concerned that when i return to my home and other job, i will not be walking 2/3 miles at work. I need to just transfer as much of this lifestyle back home....and of course, you can see me through that transition
    Last edited by GirlyGymRat; 03-20-2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: da

  18. #98
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    way to go! sounds like you are doing fantastic. 20 pounds is a lot of weight to lose. and it sounds like you are more confident in yourself now, so go head with your bad ass self!
    thanks for the words. i do feel great! i am trying to hit 30 in 4 months...but these last 8 will be harder then the first 8. very nice to encourage one another! thx!

  19. #99
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Great to hear about all the progress, can't wait to see the end result!

    yes...i should have entered your on line contest...but those dang pictures kept me out..I will never post the starting point...LOL!!

  20. #100
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    SLIMMER ME>>>>for some reason I can't post quick reply on your thread...and want you to know that you were the first gal I met here and this site is better cuz of you!!

  21. #101
    SlimmerMe's Avatar
    SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA and many other places
    Posts
    11,408
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    SLIMMER ME>>>>for some reason I can't post quick reply on your thread...and want you to know that you were the first gal I met here and this site is better cuz of you!!
    THANK YOU! Was thrilled when YOU joined. And glad you are still here and did not escape like so many do.
    Your progress is inspiring.

  22. #102
    Damienm05's Avatar
    Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,213
    I don't think anything will change when you get back home. Maybe it would for someone who just crash dieted for 4-weeks or got weight loss surgery but you've genuinely implemented a lifestyle change that doesn't just leave us so easily. But of course, I am here to see you through that transition as well.

  23. #103
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194

    week 14 update

    Been a few weeks. Last week I was on spring break and "gallivanting around in the sand wearing a new black bikini, a new leopard print bikini and a tankini once in a while". Yep...I'll never see those people again so who gives a rip!

    I did enjoy myself a bit much...rum and coke zero isn't half bad. Did work out 4 times while away, but still managed to gain. Nor did I want to log that addition, so I just focused on eating clean and now in weeks since my last measurements on 3/18, I am down an additional 3 pounds.

    I continue to lose across chest (apparently 'the girls' were fat) and my butt which keeps getting smaller and smaller and doesn't need to be. The really great news is that I am down in the ribcage and in the tummy roll but ever so slightly. But still good. I am now 4 pounds away from the top end of a range I had in mind back in November.

    Been hitting the gym hard and had a Charlie horse that made my calf sore for two days. Started taking a multi vitamin and additional potassium last week.

    I am nearing that sensitive transition, easing into my "normal" routine. Hope it goes well.

  24. #104
    Damienm05's Avatar
    Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,213
    I like everything you've said. I really have no advice to offer regarding the transition into maintenance mode once you feel you're ready - you've already shown a knack for balance. I have no doubt in you!

  25. #105
    tbody66's Avatar
    tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,238
    If you post your workout routine I might can give some advice about getting the hiney bigger and better.

  26. #106
    Damienm05's Avatar
    Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,213
    ^^ good idea and good point

  27. #107
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Always happy to see you checking back in... and even happier when it's with good news!

  28. #108
    SlimmerMe's Avatar
    SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA and many other places
    Posts
    11,408
    Hey GGR! Love the leopard bikini!

    Sounds like you are in great shape. Good for you!

  29. #109
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    I like everything you've said. I really have no advice to offer regarding the transition into maintenance mode once you feel you're ready - you've already shown a knack for balance. I have no doubt in you!

    Damienm - I have doubts...environmnetal bad behaviors. I will have to buy some more clothes so that the bigger ones aren't in the house. I will have to figure this out cuz I have worked too dang hard.

    Here is what I know. I have lost weight before, and gained it all back and some. It is easy taking it off...much HARDER keeping it off.

  30. #110
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    If you post your workout routine I might can give some advice about getting the hiney bigger and better.
    I will take you up on the offer in a few weeks when my workout schedule re-stabilizes. In the meantime think no hips, but I have booty and what I call "butt sag". I was thinking I could suck out the belly fat and re-inject into the hips and solve 2 problems at one time!

    I have focused on cardio and added some limited weights, mostly in group setting that is an overall toning. I torn a quad muscle two weeks ago right before vacation. And the rotator cuff still talks to me, but it is a whisper now. Thanks for your assistance. When I started out, I knew I needed to focus on diet, and now tweak the workout...it is time!!

  31. #111
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Always happy to see you checking back in... and even happier when it's with good news!
    GB...i left off the bad news...had a massage on vacation and the therapists said those 2 words..you have a lot of "BELLY FAT", so I am not done with losing quite yet after that!

    PS: looking at your INTERVIEW and was interested especially in the question that I asked. Nice Job!

  32. #112
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    SM...I still can't seem to reply with quote for you today too...anyway...not yet in great shape, but I know a guy who loves the color peche but only uses in accents for home decor and HE is going to help me out with my three B's = back, booty and belly! Then perhaps we can all celebrate!

    PS: Tbody..i have access to P90x, chinup and weights in about 3 three weeks

  33. #113
    SlimmerMe's Avatar
    SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA and many other places
    Posts
    11,408
    ^^^ weird.....

    A peche swimsuit would be peachy by the way if you look for another bikini this summer. Kinda blends with the tan lines. LOL!

  34. #114
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    ^^^ weird.....

    A peche swimsuit would be peachy by the way if you look for another bikini this summer. Kinda blends with the tan lines. LOL!
    nice point. never thought of that...peche does have an island feel too!!

  35. #115
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    GB...i left off the bad news...had a massage on vacation and the therapists said those 2 words..you have a lot of "BELLY FAT", so I am not done with losing quite yet after that!

    PS: looking at your INTERVIEW and was interested especially in the question that I asked. Nice Job!
    Wtf... why would anybody say that to someone? Like... in what context was that comment made? I can't picture it!

    Ahh, so one of those questions was from GGR, huh? Do I get to guess??!! =P

  36. #116
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Wtf... why would anybody say that to someone? Like... in what context was that comment made? I can't picture it!

    Ahh, so one of those questions was from GGR, huh? Do I get to guess??!! =P
    let me paint the landscape. in some cultures, a full body massage includes the stomach. during that portion, she did mention that I have alot of Belly Fat and, I would like to think, in comparison to the rest of my body. she also did comment that I have a lot of muscle, more then most females, so I honestly believe that she was just sharing her observations for I a APPLE. I have half an hour glass, yup the top half, nottin for the bottom, I had a bubble butt, but it is disappearing to be left with butt sag. I have been mistaken as a teenage boy from behind. There just isn't much difference between the waist measurement and the tummy roll to the hips. I look "tiny" according to some now, at 143, tiny doesn't seem like an appropriate discription, but I am solid except for that gut. It's just the truth and I tipped her well cuz she gave me a very good massage.

    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Ahh, so one of those questions was from GGR, huh? Do I get to guess??!! =P
    yes...yes...yes...I think there are forum rules from MARCUS that prohited me from telling....pretty sure i some them posted by ADMIN or somewhere!! LMAO...

  37. #117
    tbody66's Avatar
    tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,238
    Do you or do you know how to perform stiff legged deadlifts, squats and lunges?

  38. #118
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    let me paint the landscape. in some cultures, a full body massage includes the stomach. during that portion, she did mention that I have alot of Belly Fat and, I would like to think, in comparison to the rest of my body. she also did comment that I have a lot of muscle, more then most females, so I honestly believe that she was just sharing her observations for I a APPLE. I have half an hour glass, yup the top half, nottin for the bottom, I had a bubble butt, but it is disappearing to be left with butt sag. I have been mistaken as a teenage boy from behind. There just isn't much difference between the waist measurement and the tummy roll to the hips. I look "tiny" according to some now, at 143, tiny doesn't seem like an appropriate discription, but I am solid except for that gut. It's just the truth and I tipped her well cuz she gave me a very good massage.



    yes...yes...yes...I think there are forum rules from MARCUS that prohited me from telling....pretty sure i some them posted by ADMIN or somewhere!! LMAO...
    Ah, I see - as long as it wasn't a "hey, you look mighty fat" type of thing, lol!

    forum rules... pfft... i'm on staff now, you can tell me, lmao! I'm kidding, of course. The whole interview thread was Marcus' idea, and there probably is a rule in there somewhere about anonymity. Either way, thanks for contributing! :-)

  39. #119
    SlimmerMe's Avatar
    SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA and many other places
    Posts
    11,408
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Ah, I see - as long as it wasn't a "hey, you look mighty fat" type of thing, lol!

    forum rules... pfft... i'm on staff now, you can tell me, lmao! I'm kidding, of course. The whole interview thread was Marcus' idea, and there probably is a rule in there somewhere about anonymity. Either way, thanks for contributing! :-)
    Can you guess my question? LOL!

    I have a few massage stories myself.....LOL!

  40. #120
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Can you guess my question? LOL!

    I have a few massage stories myself.....LOL!
    A question from SM too?? Wow, I feel special, all the ladies contributing to my interview! =D

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •