Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Newer lady member needing diet & workout guidance

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    GBrice...and you should...you are special.

Have a feeling Tbody will break in anymoment with gushy hugs and mushy stuff....any moment now....

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    I should/would, but you haven't answered my last question. I am happy about everyone contributing to GB's Q & A, I didn't even know about the whole thing til it was over so I didn't post any questions for him. But we don't have any secrets anyway and I sure am not too bashful to ask whatever I want on any thread and he's just straight forward and honest to answer anywhere anytime.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishak View Post
    You should add more veges and fruits in your daily diet as it would provide carbohydrate to your body...
    Protein and fats should be in more low quantity ...
    Care to explain what you're basing this suggestion on?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Care to explain what you're basing this suggestion on?
    That I'm a 4 whole post genius who came to share my infinite wisdom instead of to read and learn, and maybe, oops, didn't realize I was on a "bodybuilding" website forum!!!!!!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    That I'm a 4 whole post genius who came to share my infinite wisdom instead of to read and learn, and maybe, oops, didn't realize I was on a "bodybuilding" website forum!!!!!!
    bump!

Week 15 ish Update

I am down another 4 lbs since earlier in the month and now at 139. I haven't seen this side of 140 in decades...DECADES. I am 10 lbs under my high school grad weight. SHOCKING.

I had an occasion for new jeans, grabbing 6 and 8s (since women sizes are not standardized). The sweet sale associate Suzy says, you are tiny and need a smaller size. She pulled the narrow cut 4's and hooked me up with pockets that make my booty look bigger. She also said I was her daughter's age and she is only 4 years older than me. I just smiled!

Tummy roll is still being stubborn, but I don't have a muffin top in those mid rise jeans. Once I get home, I am thinking my weight will re-stabilize to a higher number when I get back to my "desk job".

I do need to lift more...I do...I will have to learn to love weights as much as I do spining. I need more muscle in the butt and back and upper arms. Yup that and my belly outta do it!

AWESOME!!! Once you implement a weight training program, you'll take this to a whole other level. You'll be amazed at the way your body begins to take shape! Your consistency and determination should be inspiring to girls and guys alike!

way to go girl! sounds like you are really making that lifestyle change. and GB is right, your progress is very inspiring and just goes to show you what hard work and determination can do! keep up the great work!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    CONGRATULATIONS GIRLGYMRAT!!! HIP HIP HOOOOOORAY! I know you are thrilled!

AWESOME!!! Once you implement a weight training program, you'll take this to a whole other level. You'll be amazed at the way your body begins to take shape! Your consistency and determination should be inspiring to girls and guys alike!
    this^^^.

Good job, young lady! So when are you posting "skinny jeans" pics???

this^^^.

Good job, young lady! So when are you posting "skinny jeans" pics???

Now that's a thought. What a clever idea tbody. U do know how private I am. Hmmm.

Can't blame him for trying!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    Now that's a thought. What a clever idea tbody. U do know how private I am. Hmmm.
    Lmao, give him what he's asking for, literally! Post a pic of your skinny jeans... without you in them!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    way to go girl! sounds like you are really making that lifestyle change. and GB is right, your progress is very inspiring and just goes to show you what hard work and determination can do! keep up the great work!
    Well Thanks Bunches and Bunches. Losing is the easy part...but keeping it off, much harder, but I do feel so much better! Thanks for checkin in on me! Really appreciate your kind words!!

I should/would, but you haven't answered my last question. I am happy about everyone contributing to GB's Q & A, I didn't even know about the whole thing til it was over so I didn't post any questions for him. But we don't have any secrets anyway and I sure am not too bashful to ask whatever I want on any thread and he's just straight forward and honest to answer anywhere anytime.

tbody....i think you were asking about my workout routine to get rid of my butt sag? Or was it to make the booty bigger and better?? My apologies cuz missed that a few weeks back.

I don't have a weight routine, I just roam around the machines in the "girly" section, steering clear of the "testosterone tavern" side of the gym where the big boys hang out. Normally I just have about 30- minutes until I skip over to the spinning class...which I adore.

I have been doing one weekly full body power pump class hitting all the major groups. And increasing my weights here within the last 3 weeks. I also did those machines that mostly women use for the inner and outer thigh and couldn't help but notice those are ALWAYS strategically places near the "tt".. My inner thighs are still sore from 5 days ago.

I have very narrow - no hips - nothing and considered lipo transfer of fat from my stubborn tummy roll to my hips since I have NO CURVES there.

Oh, this might help. I had my body fat percentage taken last week with the calipers. 21 % bf when by the ladies 3 point check (tri/stomach/thigh) which puts me in the 70-75% percentile. Trainer said little fat on triceps, majority on gut and some in the thigh (which surprised me a bit). I had bfat measured in spots for guys (just for fun ; ) it was 16%. So in MY MIND, I should average it out and be about 18%..like my math!?!

Perhaps, we might want to work on the whole dang body before I schedule this appt with the surgeon for the fat reassignment procedure. BTW, booty is round/ not flat./ curvy / no :”cottage cheese” on my legs or butt. Gosh a picture would speak a 1,000 words….

Slimmer,,,,I can't post a reply on yours; system ??? Anyhow, thanks for the encouragement!!

TBODY - I want a butt like Slimmer's new AVATAR...JUST LIKE THAT ONE!!

^^^^bump for Tbody

in the meantime, I have increased weights...my back is getting getting leaner - Proportions are off a bit top to bottom - i have some serious guns (my guns are more cut then the female instructor who I always thought had the look) and now NO Butt (and no hips).

I measure weekly, as Damien suggested, and down in measurement around rib cage (back ) and even that stubborn tummy, just a bit. So haven't lost or gained on the scale, but can't miss a meal, can't skip a snack. I even had two pieces of pizza last week (off cheat meal day) cuz I just couldn't get by and I haven't had pizza in like 6 months. I am getting a little light headed when I bend over to pick up my 40 lbs barbell and roll over head onto the shoulders for lunges and squats. When I get finished with a workout in evening, need to get home and fast to eat. I wanted to drop another 5 lbs, but not sure what I am missing here. Mental block??? Body changing composition. I seem to be wanting carbs....bread/grain carbs. Yes I am still doing my 3 spinning classes a week and jump on the tread mill before weights...even if just to warm up.

I purchased new pants/suit jacket/skirts cuz I didn't have anything that fit me. I am in size 4 on pants....and they are loose across the booty by the end of the day. Some gentlemen tell me I need more butt. 2Nite, walking thru the gym, I felt the eyes on my tush (mirrors at every angle)...and I can't say I minded. But was thinking they were all thinking what a tiny tush on that one. My skinny jeans that I bought a month ago seem looser across that butt. Before I had one issue - tummy. Now I think I have two....Bottom line.....need a booty plan!! LMAO...literally....

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    Body changing composition.
    Bingo!!

You posted a bunch, but this is what stood out for me. I'd suggest you post up your current diet ASAP; i'm quite sure it's time to change some things up as your nutritional needs have likely changed along with your new bod.

As for the booty situation - this really seems to bug you! If you want an honest opinion, you can PM me clothed pics and I will give it to you (not being a creep). You are probably being overly critical of yourself, but at the same time it sounds like you're withering down to nothing based on your description. I don't wanna see that happen!

Keep squatting. How about stiff leg deadlifts, are you doing those as well? The 'butt blaster' would be a great machine for you despite the name - it's meant to shape and build, not burn fat.

deal...later this week.....I never got the creep vibe off of you or my other favs on this board!

Hah, thanks hun, appreciate that!

I wish I could give you some of my ass; my real parents might be black, lmao!

Don't forget to get the diet posted up so we can see where some changes should be made to keep you from getting dizzy in the gym... jeez!!

Hah, thanks hun, appreciate that!

I wish I could give you some of my ass; my real parents might be black, lmao!

Don't forget to get the diet posted up so we can see where some changes should be made to keep you from getting dizzy in the gym... jeez!!
    Are we related?

And to GGR.....I bet you are being too hard on yourself too......
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Are we related?
    Quite possibly!!

hey, how is the booty building going?

hey, how is the booty building going?
    Thanks for checking in. Well, haven't had the time this week, something came up, but I did find two machines in one of the gyms I frequent. The "butt blaster" machine and what I looks like a standing version of it. I also do dead lifts as part of the overall body class and squats and lunges and I did start increasing my weights. Now perhaps, I need to focus on those abs too which is where my MOST STUBBORN fat is hanging out. I can't seem to lose that last bit of tummy roll and maybe I never will. But a smaller waist makes hips appear bigger.

Bottom line (pun pun) I am never gonna be curvy thru the hips. I only got what I got to work with so I need to get a plan that includes butt and stomach.

I also could buy some cream, eat lots of apples, take supplements and if all else fails, buy booty undergarments. LOL. I read this on the internet...too funny.

i know the machine your are talking about. that is a good one for "butt blastering". maybe try increasing the weight to where you can only get a max of for reps and try doing some negatives with it. my butt is sore now from doing deadlifts yesterday and i always found that squats where the best for building a nice toosh. also, you will want to work on that lower back as well as the abs, they go hand in hand. you may have to take it to the extreme to get that last bit off, wish i could say that (last bit off).

i know the machine your are talking about. that is a good one for "butt blastering". maybe try increasing the weight to where you can only get a max of for reps and try doing some negatives with it. my butt is sore now from doing deadlifts yesterday and i always found that squats where the best for building a nice toosh. also, you will want to work on that lower back as well as the abs, they go hand in hand. you may have to take it to the extreme to get that last bit off, wish i could say that (last bit off).
    RaginCajun - I don't know what this means...negatives.

Also so I need stomach, butt and LOWER BACK too? If I had exercise names I could look them up! But I am really a novice at lifting. I need "lifting for dummies". Thxs for helping this one

All I can say is this: whatever they are telling you to do? I am doing the opposite! LOL!

If we could only share a bit ( a lot ) of my bootie to give you a bit~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

All I can say is this: whatever they are telling you to do? I am doing the opposite! LOL!

Slimmer..I actually thought lipo the fat off my tummy and then send it 4 inches down right and left!! But if I can help you out, I would gladly take off your hips!

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Negatives are when you do the negative phase of the movement as slowly as possible. For example, bringing the bar down to your chest over the course of 15 seconds on bench press. I agree, it'll help with the glutes!

Now, don't spend too much time on abs. Do a few sets here and there but anything beyond that should be time spent on the treadmill. There is no correlation between strong abs and less fat around the midsection - it's merely a myth perpetuated largely by infomercial products. At a low bf% most of us who lift weights and play sports and use our core for stability often will have very nice looking midsections.

Like abs, those butt blaster/glutator machines shouldn't be done in place of more effective work - i.e. more squats with good form, deep leg presses, and walking LUNGES - these will give you a nice butt fast provided nutrition/protein intake allows for nice growth!

Good luck my favorite protege!

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    those butt blaster/glutator machines shouldn't be done in place of more effective work - i.e. more squats with good form, deep leg presses, and walking LUNGES - these will give you a nice butt fast provided nutrition/protein intake allows for nice growth!
    Not in place of... but in addition to would certainly not hurt. They are a target exercise and do well in terms of 'shaping', the same way tricep press downs might do for tri's vs. close grip bench, skulls, or dips.

Slim, you're gonna have to live with just giving up one cheek; I gotta get in on this too, as you know. Man booty!

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Not in place of... but in addition to would certainly not hurt. They are a target exercise and do well in terms of 'shaping', the same way tricep press downs might do for tri's vs. close grip bench, skulls, or dips.
    Yeah agreed - I'm just jaded from training clients at a gym. All the girls who complain they have no ass have a leg routine that consists of adductor/abductor, glute machine, and laying leg curls. Not saying her workout's are half-assed, no pun intended, merely that the emphasis needs to be on squats, leg presses, and walking lunges first.

Yeah agreed - I'm just jaded from training clients at a gym. All the girls who complain they have no ass have a leg routine that consists of adductor/abductor, glute machine, and laying leg curls. Not saying her workout's are half-assed, no pun intended, merely that the emphasis needs to be on squats, leg presses, and walking lunges first.
    Couldn't agree more!

Not saying her workout's are half-assed, no pun intended

looks like damien and G got you straightened out. just stick wit it!

Damienm05...well perhaps now you can be more specific on my back a$$ward workouts...I know they could be booty better ; )

I started working on the booty plan and lift more weights the past few weeks. Maybe this will not come as a surprise to anyone other than me that I am losing weight and inches. My arms are getting more cut which is ok, my chest is down another inch, my waist down .75 inch which is AWESOME, my tummy roll down 1/2 inch, my butt is down .5 inch and my upper thighs down a an inch each side and upper knees down .5 inch ea.

I have increased my squat and lung weights and my butt got smaller. I increased my arm/shoulder weigths and my arms got smaller. I know that muscle takes up less space then fat. I am losing size and getting leaner, so I must be losing fat and putting on muscle. I am now fluctuating between 136 and 138 where a month earlier between 138 and 141.

I have to run the macros on my current eating, which quite frankly I have not been as vigilant, and post. I will do this weekend between workouts. LOL!!

^ ^ this might sound counter intuitive, but certain forms of cardio can help as well. Low intensity cardio with a heavy resistance such as spinning (I know you love it already!), maxed resistance/incline elliptical, etc. can all help in building up your butt... the same way runners and cyclists tend to have awesome legs.

Need help on latest macros

Gbrice and Damienm (and TBODY missing in action of late)....DRUM ROLL...been promising new macros of what I have been (basically) eati ng for the last few weeks of transition. I really don't know what I should be doing for maintenance, plus I have added more weight resistance. I think I am am not eating enough protein and eating too much fat and carbs for what I am NOW trying to accompish.

New Goals are to drop about 5 lbs of fat from my stomach area and add booty muscle. I am holding at 137ish and 20.5 % body fat.

Work out Schedule...this is if the stars/sun/moon all align in a perfect week ; )
    S/T/H spin
    T/H 30 minutes mix it up of stomach/squats/lunges/straight leg deadlifts plus bicep curls hi weight/low reps
    M all over weight resistance training
    Sat Newly revised: lower body booty work out plus all over weights (this is a long workout, and I haven't started yet)
    W rest
    F everyother week hour yoga

Let me know what mods I need to make. Thank you! I don't have a maintenance program and after running the macros, think I am a little off track

124g Fat/ 189 g Carbs / 170 g Protein / 1326 total cals
    26% F / 39 % C / 35 % P

not included in macros
    2 c coffee with dry powder creamer (it is like almost black coffee)
    small piece of chocolate probably 3/4 times per week. This is a new bad habit I picked up in the last 3 weeks and I need to get rid of cuz I have a sugar tooth

Macro in grams of f/c/p/total cal
    Meal 1 – 7:30 am - 38/67/62/170
    ½ c rolled oats with stevia
    ¼ c egg beaters
    1 morning star breakfast patty

Meal 2 – Lunch noon- 12/45/33/415
    Turkey or chic breast
    Salad with cherry tomatoes/artichoke in oil/hearts of palm/dash of cheese
    ½ sweet potato

Meal 3 – like dessert after lunch - 0/15/12/106
    ½ c greek yogart
    ½ c berries with stevia

Meal 4 – 2:30 pm - 4/11/4/81
    2 tablespoons baba ganoush with bell peppers

Pre work out only -Kasha bar or equivalent -2/16/4/100
    Meal 5 – 7pm - 12/30/50/409
    6 oz fish (tipalia/salmon/cod/tuna)
    Roasted asparagus
    Grain bread

Meal 6 - before bed - 2/5/5/45
    2 tbls Powdered Peanut Butter

DON'T HOLD BACK...give me the good/bad/ugly...cause I added more carbs cuz I was getting dizzy during workouts so maybe I add too much of what I want to eat vs. what I should be eating. I really would like to get to a certain place before the fall sets in...I have always gained weight inthe fall/winter...and hate myself come spring...except for THIS YEAR...thanks to you both!!!!!

I am in the middle of cooking my food for the week (ugh, what a drag, hours of cooking!) but will be back to give this my full attention tonight or latest, tomorrow.

I am in the middle of cooking my food for the week (ugh, what a drag, hours of cooking!) but will be back to give this my full attention tonight or latest, tomorrow.
    I do the same thing and it does take time...but totally worth it, later in the week! Grab and go. Gott luv that! No worries; whenever you can get to it! Thank you.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread Information