Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Newer lady member needing diet & workout guidance

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    it sounds like you did something like crossfit. it liked the class, then go for it! don't regret anything! take it as a learning experience. i know we all do regret some things, but look back at the moment to reflect how different you are now! you have changed your lifestyle for the better and it is showing! your colleagues are just jealous, and they should be! keep up the hard work and that tummy will go, its all about diet! have fun and enjoy your race!!!!
    I so did!!! I met so many nice people..very fun loving and happy on life..until the after party started, then all about the beer!!!

BTW-I am going to purchase my own set of TRX straps so can workout at gym or outside from tree/playground. Add this to my "arsenal" and I should be in great shape come next year, that and the new eating plan...cuz it is mostly diet....

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Twist, I hope you don't mind if I ask Phate why the question on diabetic or high stress enviornment....my sugar is elevated and I am pre diabetic and my fat is largely on the tummy. I also have a thread since November that Phate can jump into, cuz I wish not to hijack Twist's thread on this lady. Thx!

I asked for several reasons, women normally store their excess adipose in adipocytes normally around the thighs with only a handful of exceptions and one big one is stress, which can trigger hormone changes that cause it to be stored around the stomach. Stress also can induce diabetic spikes(in a sense) or induce a diabetic state in people predisposed to it since stress depletes the bodies vitamin stores(specifically vitamin C, so take large amount of that, it's water soluble so it's almost impossible to overdose one, i've heard of dosages of 250,000mg/day for cancer patients with almost no sides effects). Alot of the time when some is failing regardless of diet and training then the answer isn't in what has been said, but in what hasn't, so I wanted to make sure these possibilities could be ruled out before hand.

Gbrice…I made all the changes in livestrong (note chic in lunch is shown as grilled tenderloins @ 171/36/0/1).

Think this could be the plan for workout day which is now 6 days per week, but think the calories could still be a tad too high. What you thinking? Back off oatmeal and yogart and cottage cheese down to 1/4 cups after breakfast???

BTW, I ordered my own TRX straps today!! Love that workout! A little sore today from the dash; sprained ankle, neck and back are really tight/sore and jammed a finger…all totally worth it!!

Calories/g P/g C/ g F

Meal 1 Breakfast - 300/29/34/6
    Wake up – 16 oz coffee with dry creamer
    ½ c oats with stevia and cinnamon
    ½ c 99% egg whites
    ½ c 2% cottage cheese

Meal 2 Snack – 189/16/4/4
    1/2 c cottage cheese 2%
    dash of cinnamon and stevia
    2 fish oil caps
    1 c broccoli

Meal 3 Lunch - 364/42/13/10
    6 oz grilled skinless chic breast
    Mixed Leafy Salad with balsamic dressing
    2 fish oil caps

Meal 4 Pre WO –160/11/15/4
    6 oz 0%f fage yogart with stevia and cinnamon
    ½ med sweet potato with cinnamon

Meal 5 Post WO – 260/28/30/4
    Met-Rx Protein plus shake-1 scoop
    ½ c oats

Meal 6 Dinner- 271/45/4/4
    6 0z tilapia (or other fish but not salmon)
    6/7 Asparagus spears grilled (pam and drizzle of EVOO and fresh garlic)

Total Daily: 1543 cal/171P/101C/35F

gbrice75..there are days when the reply with quote isn't working for me, so.......
    Re: my post: Originally Posted by girlgymrat
    I did look at the old photos last week. I lost evenly thru trunk which I now from measurements so my gut is now just a smaller version.

And your response:
    Not to scare you, but this could be an indication that you lost mostly muscle and not bodyfat. You're saying you look exactly the same, just a smaller version of that same body?

I don't look exactly the same....my limbs are lean and buff HA! My shoulders, back and butt are shapely. My girls are deflated (which was all fat), my core is also deflated (which was all fat). If I run some simple calculations (BF in January based on a guestimate, and now), it seems I have lost 25 pounds of FAT, the balance of 10 can't be all MUSCLE, can it??? I am definetly pulling more bar weights at the gym:
    - tricep weights from 3 lb (oh, this is almost laughable) to 3 + 7.5 + 7.5 = 18 lbs.
    - Squats and lungs from 13 lb to 43 and about ready to slide another plate on em.
    - Biceps from 8 to 18
    - couldn't do a 30 second plank...now 2 minutes....

I can't pretend to know how this all figures into the equation, but I feel so good and look better. I have been called "a hottie" and that NEVER happened before. When I began this journey in January, I thought I was "fat fit" and now maybe "lean fit".

Why are you concerned - because less muscle means less fat burning potential?

Do you think a person can lose 35 pounds and not lose any muscle?

PS: I have been curious about this last round of meal mods, so weighing myself daily even though I recommend against it. Well my friend....I am down to 134.5 today. YUP....I went from 137 almost a week ago!!!!! AND I HAVEN'T BEEN ON THIS SIDE OF 135 in 30 plus years!!!!!! Now not get too excited cuz this could be what I call "A FALSE LOW", but I am hopeful. Now I grabbed a tape measure and my tummy is alittle less in inches so maybe, JUST MAYBE we are on to something!!

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Usually your girls are the first to go.....it happens. Your weights are actually good....great job!

And, no....its hard to keep all your muscle while loosing weight....don't fret.

And using a tape measure is a great way to gage your lose versus weight sometimes....keep it up girl!

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    gbrice75..there are days when the reply with quote isn't working for me, so.......
    Re: my post: Originally Posted by girlgymrat
    I did look at the old photos last week. I lost evenly thru trunk which I now from measurements so my gut is now just a smaller version.

And your response:
    Not to scare you, but this could be an indication that you lost mostly muscle and not bodyfat. You're saying you look exactly the same, just a smaller version of that same body?

I don't look exactly the same....my limbs are lean and buff HA! My shoulders, back and butt are shapely. My girls are deflated (which was all fat), my core is also deflated (which was all fat). If I run some simple calculations (BF in January based on a guestimate, and now), it seems I have lost 25 pounds of FAT, the balance of 10 can't be all MUSCLE, can it??? I am definetly pulling more bar weights at the gym:
    - tricep weights from 3 lb (oh, this is almost laughable) to 3 + 7.5 + 7.5 = 18 lbs.
    - Squats and lungs from 13 lb to 43 and about ready to slide another plate on em.
    - Biceps from 8 to 18
    - couldn't do a 30 second plank...now 2 minutes....

I can't pretend to know how this all figures into the equation, but I feel so good and look better. I have been called "a hottie" and that NEVER happened before. When I began this journey in January, I thought I was "fat fit" and now maybe "lean fit".

Why are you concerned - because less muscle means less fat burning potential?

Do you think a person can lose 35 pounds and not lose any muscle?

PS: I have been curious about this last round of meal mods, so weighing myself daily even though I recommend against it. Well my friend....I am down to 134.5 today. YUP....I went from 137 almost a week ago!!!!! AND I HAVEN'T BEEN ON THIS SIDE OF 135 in 30 plus years!!!!!! Now not get too excited cuz this could be what I call "A FALSE LOW", but I am hopeful. Now I grabbed a tape measure and my tummy is alittle less in inches so maybe, JUST MAYBE we are on to something!!
    loved reading this! awsome for you gurl! , you must have been abolutly beaming afterwards ~CONGRATS BABY!!!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I think the diet looks great, and don't think calories are high at all for a workout day. One change you could make though is using 1% milkfat cottage cheese. If you feel the need to reduce carbs a bit, drop the oats in meal 1 back to the original 1/4 cup, but keep the workout carbs the same. Honestly I think you're fine and should run the diet as posted for a couple of weeks. If you are still not seeing any changes, adjust down from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    Usually your girls are the first to go.....it happens. Your weights are actually good....great job!
    And, no....its hard to keep all your muscle while loosing weight....don't fret.

And using a tape measure is a great way to gage your lose versus weight sometimes....keep it up girl!
    Kawi...comin from you, make this sweeter!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I think the diet looks great, and don't think calories are high at all for a workout day. One change you could make though is using 1% milkfat cottage cheese. If you feel the need to reduce carbs a bit, drop the oats in meal 1 back to the original 1/4 cup, but keep the workout carbs the same. Honestly I think you're fine and should run the diet as posted for a couple of weeks. If you are still not seeing any changes, adjust down from there.
    I will stay the course. I having some success already. I had been running at or above 138 and am now down to 136.8.

BTW, my first appointment with plastic surgeon who only does traditional lipo. I do not have enough subcutaneous fat for a safe procedure and marginally enough loose skin for tummy tuck. I do however need to lose visceral fat, so you are all stuck with me for a while. Plastic surgeon shocked that I have lost so much and apparently fat while still eating carbs.

So this works!!!!!!!!!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    I so did!!! I met so many nice people..very fun loving and happy on life..until the after party started, then all about the beer!!!

BTW-I am going to purchase my own set of TRX straps so can workout at gym or outside from tree/playground. Add this to my "arsenal" and I should be in great shape come next year, that and the new eating plan...cuz it is mostly diet....
    i understand completely! sometimes i race for the beer! GGR, you are really getting after it. i am like you, can't to see what next year will bring! and yes, mostly diet is correct!

I will stay the course. I having some success already. I had been running at or above 138 and am now down to 136.8.

BTW, my first appointment with plastic surgeon who only does traditional lipo. I do not have enough subcutaneous fat for a safe procedure and marginally enough loose skin for tummy tuck. I do however need to lose visceral fat, so you are all stuck with me for a while. Plastic surgeon shocked that I have lost so much and apparently fat while still eating carbs.

So this works!!!!!!!!!
    go head! plastic surgeon's think they know everything! great work and it seems as if you are a very happy woman, keep it up!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~

So this works!!!!!!!!!
    And we are glad you are! And I too bet your doc was shocked. YOU GOT THIS!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

So this works!!!!!!!!!
    Love the bold! So many doctors are clueless with regards to dieting for FAT loss (not that plastic surgeons specifically should know this) vs. weight loss.

I'm glad you don't have enough for lipo... you'll have to tough this out with the rest of us, lol! I too have a good deal of visceral fat - the only way to get rid of it is to get shredded. i.e. when my 3 month cut ends in less than 30 days, my cut doesn't end unfortunately. I will have to continue cutting and/or start a new cutting program. Hopefully the cycle will give me that edge I need this time.

go head! plastic surgeon's think they know everything! great work and it seems as if you are a very happy woman, keep it up!
    I am...it is easier to be happy when in shape, feelin better about the way one looks and can do these "extreme" sports. There have been plenty of changes in the last 2 years, and getting control of my weight (or shall I say, my MOUTH) is BY FAR, the best one so far!

Slimmer....i still have one more appointment...but I still think you will be stuck with me. Thank you for sticking with me!!

Love the bold! So many doctors are clueless with regards to dieting for FAT loss (not that plastic surgeons specifically should know this) vs. weight loss.

I'm glad you don't have enough for lipo... you'll have to tough this out with the rest of us, lol! I too have a good deal of visceral fat - the only way to get rid of it is to get shredded. i.e. when my 3 month cut ends in less than 30 days, my cut doesn't end unfortunately. I will have to continue cutting and/or start a new cutting program. Hopefully the cycle will give me that edge I need this time.
    yes, we'll do this together the OLD fashion way..diet and exercise!! you are doing awesome and you have been doing this for a bit...I trust that you will achieve your goals....unlike most husbands with pregnant wives...you have lost and not GAINED...be PROUD!!

^^ is it me or does anyone else think GGR is a natural comic?
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    ^^ is it me or does anyone else think GGR is a natural comic?
    the girl is definitely a comedian!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ABIHAIL View Post
    Hey Friends,...
    I have recently joined this forum and I have get a really great information here and I gain my knowledge. Friends I was seeking of information How to lose weight. I have read everywhere but not suitable info that clear my mind here i get information which really cleared my mind.
    hi! start your own thread and we will sure chime in. this site is more than wonderful!

Great news to share! I have blood test results deserving of a frame.

I came to this site 9 months ago as a diabetic and on meds that WERE NOT controlling cholesterol and diabetes. I was considered over fat, overweight and in poor health.

Now after following a thoughtful diet and exercise program provided by members in this forum, my stats are all improved. My cholesterol is considered well within normal range. HDL is high and the bad LDL is low so my ratio as an indicator of risk for heart disease is AT NO RISK. Triglycerides are well within normal range and glucose levels are at NO RISK FOR DIABETES.

DIET is key to the formula of health because I had been working out prior to joining this site. I still take one oral med for sugar (diabetes runs in my family) but hell, it isn’t insulin shots that I was headed for back in November.

I GOT MY HEALTH BACK! There have got to be a few folks around this place feelin dang good about what WE ACCOMPLISHED together!

I now am healthy, feel good and even a little sexier. Gotta luv it! Thanks!!!!!

YOU madam, deserve to celebrate!! I will write more later because I'm on my iPhone now and it's annoying to type on, but a HUGE CONGRATS!!! I love to hear these success stories, it's the reason we continue coming back here each day!

YOU madam, deserve to celebrate!! I will write more later because I'm on my iPhone now and it's annoying to type on, but a HUGE CONGRATS!!! I love to hear these success stories, it's the reason we continue coming back here each day!

I plan to celebrate with a favorite glass of wine now and later....and later...perhaps...hummm...what could I get for myself that would really make me feel good about all this weight loss...hummm. Sure I will come up with something big! and expensive!!! LMAO

My TRX suspension straps have arrived and worked out this morning with em. I am not fluid between exercises, but I will get faster and then really get a riped core. I still worked up a good sweat, and then did an hour of spin. I am going to train with the spinning instructor during the week and watch the video so that should help with TRX transistion.

I am still holding at 137, but my stomach looks flatter. I don't have any expectations of losing 2 pounds since I am down to a low bf %, closing in on "athletic".

My original plan was to lose these last 7 to have a buffer of 5 pounds, but I am now beginning to think this is a poor plan. The only reason I would gain back those 5 pounds is if I lost control of my mouth and started eating bigger portion sizes or making bad food choices. So I gonna see where the new diet tweeks take me in the months of Aug, Sep, Oct and then go into hold mode for Nov and Dec. It's a plan.

I am still holding at 137, but my stomach looks flatter. I don't have any expectations of losing 2 pounds since I am down to a low bf %, closing in on "athletic".
    This is fvcking awesome!

My original plan was to lose these last 7 to have a buffer of 5 pounds, but I am now beginning to think this is a poor plan. The only reason I would gain back those 5 pounds is if I lost control of my mouth and started eating bigger portion sizes or making bad food choices. So I gonna see where the new diet tweeks take me in the months of Aug, Sep, Oct and then go into hold mode for Nov and Dec. It's a plan.
    I like the new plan better. Now you're realizing you have what it takes to really blow this shit outta the water!!!

wow, GGR, that is some fantastic news and yes, get a frame for that! so glad that you are the woman you are now! go enjoy yourself and then get back at it, you totally deserve it!!!! it feels good reading success stories like this and it is motivation to others. way to go superwoman!

wow, GGR, that is some fantastic news and yes, get a frame for that! so glad that you are the woman you are now! go enjoy yourself and then get back at it, you totally deserve it!!!! it feels good reading success stories like this and it is motivation to others. way to go superwoman!
    thanks RC...and I am TOO! Just hearing the reaction to those who haven't seen me in 8 months is amazing. I feel really good too - ribbon on the gift!!

Got a question on my diet tweaks, specifically on the days that I DONOT workout in the evening. Most everyday I do, but tonight happened to be an exception and quite frankly, I was really hungry come 5 and now again at night.

Do I skip the Pre and Post Workout meals (1/2 cup yogart and 1/2 med sweet potatoe and the 1 scoop whey with some oats)? THX!

Got a question on my diet tweaks, specifically on the days that I DONOT workout in the evening. Most everyday I do, but tonight happened to be an exception and quite frankly, I was really hungry come 5 and now again at night.

Do I skip the Pre and Post Workout meals (1/2 cup yogart and 1/2 med sweet potatoe and the 1 scoop whey with some oats)? THX!
    I'd forgo the carb meals on non-workout days. This will effectively help you calorie cycle as well, without even trying.

I'd forgo the carb meals on non-workout days. This will effectively help you calorie cycle as well, without even trying.
    Shall I cut out the breakfast oats also?

I am a bit concerned that I was down and then came right back up. And even gained a darn pound. I jumped on the scale this morning feeling self assured that it would be a friend today, but was proved wrong. My stomach seems flatter, my clothes seem loose but that number is back up to 138. Now I did order a baby twist ice cream cone that seemed more like a medium and hadn't quite given up my cheat meal. I guess I can't be playing around like that anymore. I am going to stick with this for another week and see what happens.

I am in the danger zone right now cuz this is the time of year that fat chic in my host body starts to put on some pounds!!!

Shall I cut out the breakfast oats also?
    Not necessarily. A bit of carbs to start your day isn't going to hurt you at all. They'll be put to good use.

I am a bit concerned that I was down and then came right back up. And even gained a darn pound. I jumped on the scale this morning feeling self assured that it would be a friend today, but was proved wrong.
    Don't get so caught up in numbers, i.e. the scale. The scale by itself is about the least accurate way of measuring your progress.

My stomach seems flatter, my clothes seem loose but that number is back up to 138.
    Thank you for proving my point

Now I did order a baby twist ice cream cone that seemed more like a medium and hadn't quite given up my cheat meal.
    How DARE you!!!! jk of course! Don't sweat it. Let it be an isolated incident and move on.

I guess I can't be playing around like that anymore. I am going to stick with this for another week and see what happens.
    That's the spirit!

I am in the danger zone right now cuz this is the time of year that fat chic in my host body starts to put on some pounds!!!
    This I understand, and it's a legitimate concern. Try and think of it this way: the new you is stronger than that fat chic who has reared her face this time of year. She's never seen the likes of the new GGR. She's no match for you now - you can beat her, and you will!!!

GB - thx for answering my question!!

Today I weighed in and I am UP AGAIN. Really up! 140. There is no dang way that I over ate 7000 cal in 2 days to go up 2 pounds..NO WAY IN H3LL. NO WAY. My booty is 1/2 bigger (which doesn't bother me one bit), but all others the same. So I am going to set a goal to eat clean for 7 days, starting tomorrow. Had a golf outing today, so I ate a hot dog & BBQ chips at the turn and 2 choc chip cookies (delicious)for dessert at dinner.

I expect to be back down next week, but that dang scale is inching up and up and up...and p!sses me !!

Why is it that weight seems to come back on so quickly. I really don't get it. Like my body is jumping out the gates to gain! but not to lose. Really ticks me.

Hang in there.....your tummy is flatter. That is the bottom line. Relish in that!
    I hear ya....I do.
    Author Unknown

Here's the latest. I have seen two plastic surgeons in the last 2 weeks and neither one says I am a candidate for lipo and/or tummy tuck. They both said I look great, don't need to loose any more weight and don't need any work below the belly button. The dr today actually said I look fantastic in the stomach, nice curves - he wouldn't touch it. Now, I am going ahead with a little work on the face and since I lost A LOT of breast tissue, I am gonna take the leap and get a breast enhancement. Since I have no plans to take up a 2nd career and do PORN, I am staying away from the D's and going for a more natural look.

Now, back to the weight and the stomach. Since I am left with the only option but to continue the course with diet and exercise, the questions turns to "supplements". What you all think??

Since I have no plans to take up a 2nd career and do PORN
    Damn!!!!

I am staying away from the D's and going for a more natural look.
    Good idea. I HATE when women get these big ol' unnatural lookin' things. Get something that suits your body, that's the best thing you can do. Chances are you look fine already and don't need to to ANYTHING, but I understand if this is what makes you happy.

Now, back to the weight and the stomach. Since I am left with the only option but to continue the course with diet and exercise, the questions turns to "supplements". What you all think??
    As in what - fat burners? Nothing really. You can start getting into clen and things like that, but personally i'd say start hitting abs really hard 2x a week and keep your cardio up. You will get that flat stomach. We're both on the same mission girl.

Since I have no plans to take up a 2nd career and do PORN, I am staying away from the D's and going for a more natural look.
    Another GGR classic! Just classic.......
    Author Unknown

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    awsome news girly!
    sooooo happy for you!

...and YES the scales are pure evil and most deff all working in a massive plot to piss the ladyz off, i firmly believe that my scale is actualy the ring leader...it beeps at me ~with attitude

Damn!!!!

hahahaha...perhaps, I should rethink my original position....always good to have MULTIPLE INCOME STREAMS. LMAO!!!

As in what -fat burners? Nothing really. You can start getting into clen and things like that, but personally i'd say start hitting abs really hard 2x a week and keep your cardio up. You will get that flat stomach. We're both on the same mission girl.
    This is totally not fair....you get a big old cheat meal and pins....and I get nothing but do some more abs and get on the cardio kick....I changed my mind...I now do not like you at all....

Sexy...the scales have been kind to GB and Slimmer!!!! They are kind whenever they are going down...just the enemy when they go UP!!!!

Damn!!!!

hahahaha...perhaps, I should rethink my original position....always good to have MULTIPLE INCOME STREAMS. LMAO!!!
    Lmao, we'll be watching for ya!

This is totally not fair....you get a big old cheat meal and pins....and I get nothing but do some more abs and get on the cardio kick....I changed my mind...I now do not like you at all....
    Meh, not really - I wasn't as descriptive in my conversation with Nark about last Sunday, lol - i.e. I don't get any cheat days, I just went a bit overboard last weekend! Luckily, it didn't affect me, this time. But trust me - a few weekends in a row like that and this stubborn body will revert right back to it's old ways. I will always have to be conscious of what I eat... it's the price for 15 years of gluttony!

Sexy...the scales have been kind to GB and Slimmer!!!! They are kind whenever they are going down...just the enemy when they go UP!!!!
    This is true!!!

sounds like are begging for a cheat! just get after it hard with the diet for two weeks straight and see what happens. its not easy but try it and start trying some AM fasted cardio if you aren't doing any.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread Information