Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Newer lady member needing diet & workout guidance

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    sounds like are begging for a cheat! just get after it hard with the diet for two weeks straight and see what happens. its not easy but try it and start trying some AM fasted cardio if you aren't doing any.
    Well a no cheat policy stinks when everyone else is!!! I did take a look thus am and I am down from my high of last week. I will stick with this plan as u suggest.
    Unfortunately fasted cardiovascular is not an option since I get up so early for the daily commute and start early in the morning.

Been using TRX for 2 weeks and feeling it in new places like really deep in the inner core and side of ARM pit in the back. I wonder when my body is gonna start partitioning my intake. I thought perhaps a good cheat would trigger it. HA!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    GGR - if it makes you feel any better, i'm kicking myself for cheating like I did - it's NEVER worth it. It's an impulsive behavior revolved around instant gratification. You feel great for the 2 minutes you're doing it, and feel like sh!t for days after.

Maybe I wasn't physically affected by it, THIS TIME, but I was definitely affected mentally. i.e. I sit there and think of how at the very least, I completely halted progress, and BEST case scenario I didn't set the process in reverse.

A few minutes of fun isn't worth days of depression.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    GGR - if it makes you feel any better, i'm kicking myself for cheating like I did - it's NEVER worth it. It's an impulsive behavior revolved around instant gratification. You feel great for the 2 minutes you're doing it, and feel like sh!t for days after. Maybe I wasn't physically affected by it, THIS TIME, but I was definitely affected mentally. i.e. I sit there and think of how at the very least, I completely halted progress, and BEST case scenario I didn't set the process in reverse.

A few minutes of fun isn't worth days of depression.
    I know it. Was at a "team building" event today and had a cup of chili, burger, fries (not all, but enough) and half a brownie with scoop ice cream ( gave most of it away)....but it wasn't as good later. My tummy has been hurting me all day. I haven't eaten since noonish. Just too much food!!! I have become accustomed to those smaller, lighter meals. I forced myself to lift, but didn't feel like it.....taking an antacid and calling it a day.

Start and Current Pics

Time for PROGRESS PICS!! Pics aren't the best quality, lighting is poor at best. I would like to lose another 8 pounds to hit a magical number on the scale.

What do you think? Go on and just be HONEST!

Started in December 2010 weighing in with the fattie pants at 172ish!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Current pics as of Mid August 2011 pics weighing in at 138 for about 35 pound lost. Been holding this weight for 2.5 months and counting!!

And "in clothes"

Last edited by GirlyGymRat; 08-29-2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: 5,976

GGR - you already know what I think about your current pics, but I hadn't seen your 'before' pic. All I can say is FAWKING AMAZING!!!

I was already impressed with you, now I don't even know what to call it!!!

PS - you have major guts posting your pics, and I LOVE that!!! Respect!!!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    WOW GGR! YOU LOOK AMAZING!

HOT lovely pretty shaped legs and tight toned arms and no wonder you were not a candidate for a tummy tuck! You seriously look wonderful. And what a brave girl you are too. And fantastic improvement too.

Finally meeting the girl behind the cartoon! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for sharing~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post

HOT lovely pretty shaped legs and tight toned arms and no wonder you were not a candidate for a tummy tuck! You seriously look wonderful. And what a brave girl you are too. And fantastic improvement too.

Finally meeting the girl behind the cartoon! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for sharing~
    i second what slim says! no way she is a candidate for a tummy tuck. and now that you have your swagger back, just think what the future will hold!!! great work and look forward to hearing the continuing success!

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ^ ditto!!! http://youtu.be/oTR-VRztw5E
    BTW...SORRY but your damn heels stole the show for me in that pix...I LOVE THEM and must have them!!! lol
    Last edited by SexySweetheart; 08-30-2011 at 07:49 AM.

I agree the animal print MEOW shoes did not go without notice!

and now we have sound effects to go along.... as I type along to the beat of: HEY SEXY LADY!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

GGR - you already know what I think about your current pics, but I hadn't seen your 'before' pic. All I can say is FAWKING AMAZING!!!I was already impressed with you, now I don't even know what to call it!!!

PS - you have major guts posting your pics, and I LOVE that!!! Respect!!!
    I too am amazed what a hugh difference in 35 little pounds. I am pleased with my transformation. Love back to ya GBRICE, cuz you have been with me for every ounce lost!! Thanks for not giving up on me

Re: posting pics...I only hope to be an inspiration to the other gals on this boards. I mean really, this is NOT "dirty"!

Thanks Slimmer for being my cheerleader....we don't do this alone!! Thx!!

i second what slim says! no way she is a candidate for a tummy tuck. and now that you have your swagger back, just think what the future will hold!!! great work and look forward to hearing the continuing success!
    Thank you RC....this swagger is definitely a southern term and I know what you mean! Feels good....but my work here is not done!!! Thanks for your support. It means alot to encourage one another!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    ^ ditto!!! http://youtu.be/oTR-VRztw5E
    BTW...SORRY but your damn heels stole the show for me in that pix...I LOVE THEM and must have them!!! lol
    Sexy....Love the THEME song..LOL!! I love those new heels too...they are my new favorite ones ; )

and yes Slimmer...the animal print is leopard! GGRRRR!!!

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    yes your pix were an inspiration....as well as those sexy *ss shoes! lol

i love a woman in hot looking heels!!! how is the trx workouts going?

i love a woman in hot looking heels!!! how is the trx workouts going?
    I think is too early to say on TRX, although I do like that it mixes up the routine. It is a killer ab workout and I am starting to notice that the chest presses r getting easier. Break into a sweat so I am sticking with it!!

Odd thing happened after last workout. Seems a rib got out of position. I thought I was gonna die. The pain was so Sharp and hurt with every breath. Much better now and I plan to workout tonight with TRX followed by spinning. Gotta luv it!!!!

Had a tough week with eating. Out to lunch twice this week. So full. Too much food. I have got to get my mouth under control for the next 3 weeks. After that, I will be off for a few weeks in recovery mode. I am not looking forward to a month without exercising. I need to maintain for that month off. Not sure how to not gain weight while not working out. New territory for me and scares the daylight out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    I think is too early to say on TRX, although I do like that it mixes up the routine. It is a killer ab workout and I am starting to notice that the chest presses r getting easier. Break into a sweat so I am sticking with it!!

Odd thing happened after last workout. Seems a rib got out of position. I thought I was gonna die. The pain was so Sharp and hurt with every breath. Much better now and I plan to workout tonight with TRX followed by spinning. Gotta luv it!!!!

Had a tough week with eating. Out to lunch twice this week. So full. Too much food. I have got to get my mouth under control for the next 3 weeks. After that, I will be off for a few weeks in recovery mode. I am not looking forward to a month without exercising. I need to maintain for that month off. Not sure how to not gain weight while not working out. New territory for me and scares the daylight out of me.
    i understand the eating out for lunch, but there are healthy options. why won't you be working out for a month? injury?

Seems a rib got out of position. I thought I was gonna die. The pain was so Sharp and hurt with every breath
    seriously?! holy jeeeez I have never heard a such a thing, I wouldda been Fah-reekin out. how did you know it was outta posstion? how was it fixed?
    you see that your mouth is gonna get you into trouble (um I have same problem w foods and words -lol) being awear of it, will keep your mind on it and with the will power YOU have, YOU shouldnt have any probs keeping it under control

I too an curious about the month off......confused!
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    Seems a rib got out of position. I thought I was gonna die. The pain was so Sharp and hurt with every breath
    seriously?! holy jeeeez I have never heard a such a thing, I wouldda been Fah-reekin out. how did you know it was outta posstion? how was it fixed?you see that your mouth is gonna get you into trouble (um I have same problem w foods and words -lol) being awear of it, will keep your mind on it and with the will power YOU have, YOU shouldnt have any probs keeping it under control
    Sexy...unfortunately I have some experience with ribs! you can go to a chiropractor and sometimes they work themselves back into position...but they hurt like crazy!! I am all better today : )

I wish I could say I have a ton of willpower. I was reflecting on the last 8 months thinking I have kept the weight off for 4 months now, as long as it took me to lose the majority of it...to me, that is a MILESTONE which makes me very happy : )

[QUOTE=00ragincajun00;5737263]i understand the eating out for lunch, but there are healthy options. why won't you be working out for a month? injury?[/QUOTE]

RC and Slimmer...minimum recovery from my upcoming surgery. I am having some tweaks done to the face too, so I won't be able to elevate blood pressure for about 4 - 6 - 8 weeks. If it was just the girls, I could be back to working out in 2 weeks time!

So I will have to retune the diet for a month. I am thinking I need to drop calories or keep at 1300 and see what happens. I havn't been off from working out for so long, it will be really strange to have all this extra time in the evening.....to eat and eat and eat

Sorry to hear about the injury. Do your best to keep carbs very low, fibrous veggies only would be ideal, with 1 good/big carb meal per week. Keep the protein up, and fats relatively low. You should be able to maintain that way.

Good luck, sorry!

[QUOTE=girlgymrat;5737708]
    i understand the eating out for lunch, but there are healthy options. why won't you be working out for a month? injury?[/QUOTE]

RC and Slimmer...minimum recovery from my upcoming surgery. I am having some tweaks done to the face too, so I won't be able to elevate blood pressure for about 4 - 6 - 8 weeks. If it was just the girls, I could be back to working out in 2 weeks time!

So I will have to retune the diet for a month. I am thinking I need to drop calories or keep at 1300 and see what happens. I havn't been off from working out for so long, it will be really strange to have all this extra time in the evening.....to eat and eat and eat
    A little bit here and a little bit there and a month to rest....sounds like you are perfecting perfection!
    Author Unknown

Sorry to hear about the injury. Do your best to keep carbs very low, fibrous veggies only would be ideal, with 1 good/big carb meal per week. Keep the protein up, and fats relatively low. You should be able to maintain that way.

Good luck, sorry!
    Gbrice - I am having elective costemic surgery on my face....so no reason to be sorry...and do appreciate the diet tips!! I have a few weeks to go so I am going to really focus on diet and exercise, especially cardio in the next few weeks!!

Thx!!

[QUOTE=SlimmerMe;5737840][QUOTE=girlgymrat;5737708]

A little bit here and a little bit there and a month to rest....sounds like you are perfecting perfection![/QUOTE]

Slimmer has me all figured out!! LOL!!!!

now i see why you are taking a hiatus, gettin new puppies!!!!!! and with your new bod and new found motivation, you are going to knock them dead!!!!!

Gbrice - I am having elective costemic surgery on my face....so no reason to be sorry...and do appreciate the diet tips!! I have a few weeks to go so I am going to really focus on diet and exercise, especially cardio in the next few weeks!!

Thx!!
    Doh - I must've misread!!! Thought you suffered an injury. This was an intentional injury.

Well folks, have come to a conclusion that I must not really want to lose any more cuz I not acting right lately. Last week was horrid. I ate lunch out twice, been nibbling on odd things, like choclate covered raisins and breads, had a few shots of Rum Chata (tastes like a liquid cinnabon - yum) and had movie (small) popcorn with butter and one of those frozen slushies of sugar. Woke up in the middle of the night not feeling good on the tummy! The only good thing, is that I continued to workout. I ran 4 miles yesterday and then hit the hour power pump class...but I am afraid this is a poor substitute for bad "mouth" behavior! I used to do this, eat bad and then try to offset with workout, but I couldn't keep up ; (

I have never posted daily, but I think I need to do this for a few weeks to see if I can get back on track, cause this choo choo had derailed!

GGR - i've been having a tough week also... basically the same problem you're having. Understand that VERY FEW people have this so far perfected that they are like robots... some of the people on this board like Nark, Fireguy, etc. - but remember that they have been at it for YEARS, have both competed and are in a different bracket than us 'mortal' folks.

My point is we have our ups and downs. You cannot constantly be up up up. The point is to catch yourself when you're crashing (which you have... caught yourself that is) and nip it in the bud. You know it may happen again, but never let it TAKE OVER. That's where the real problems happen.

If posting here daily makes you feel accountable, DO IT!!!

^^ perfectly said and I agree. We are not robots.......YET!

Logging in will help a lot.....I am getting close to doing so myself.
    Author Unknown

GGR - i've been having a tough week also... basically the same problem you're having. Understand that VERY FEW people have this so far perfected that they are like robots... some of the people on this board like Nark, Fireguy, etc. - but remember that they have been at it for YEARS, have both competed and are in a different bracket than us 'mortal' folks.

My point is we have our ups and downs. You cannot constantly be up up up. The point is to catch yourself when you're crashing (which you have... caught yourself that is) and nip it in the bud. You know it may happen again, but never let it TAKE OVER. That's where the real problems happen.

If posting here daily makes you feel accountable, DO IT!!!
    Well we must be human then and in the big picture, doing better than most!! Before I wouldn't have given a thought about downing 3 pieces of pepperoni thick crust pizza or eating a huge piece of banana cake after a large dinner.....now it is very different. I question how many Carb grams in that? What the total calories in this? How many more miles must I run to get rid of that? So the TAKE OVER part is what separates us from the masses. EXCELLENT POINT GB

At night I look at my flat tummy (BTW everything looks better when I am lying down, well most everything....I am working on them too!) The flat tummy that I missed for so many years and I just grin There isn't any food that I would let TAKE OVER NOW!

I had to buy some more clothes and found a winter white pencil shirt in a size 4 that rocks my booty! Before I would wear larger sizes and baggy clothes to hide in. Now, the sales gals grab XS and smalls and insists I wear form fitted outfits.......now THAT makes me feel FABULOUS!!!!

yep....the Take Over part and knowing when to nip it in the bud. And now this happens sooner than later whereas before? Could have stretched out for weeks.....therefore the BIG PICTURE is the key here. Have some fun and then back to business.
    Author Unknown

PS: I am looking forward to a white pencil thin skirt......GOOD FOR YOU! Like I said when we first met in the hgh section, we have opposite body types~ So man o man this would be a goal for me. I did buy some navy linen pencil skirts this summer for the first time in a long time... but! not a size 4......you are ahead of the game here my dear~
    Author Unknown

PS: I am looking forward to a white pencil thin skirt......GOOD FOR YOU! Like I said when we first met in the hgh section, we have opposite body types~ So man o man this would be a goal for me. I did buy some navy linen pencil skirts this summer for the first time in a long time... but! not a size 4......you are ahead of the game here my dear~
    SM...we are competing against ourselves.....and for me, that extremely obese chic trying to get out of my host body....the EVIL ONE!!!!!

^^ oh I know we are....just reminding you that you have extreme KUDOS from me!
    Author Unknown

Weekly weigh in on Wednesday and returned to this side of 140. Continue to struggle with diet especially carbs. Still working out 6 days per week until surgery.

Wore my size 2 pant suit and did notice the waist alittle tighter albeit slight.

GNO tonite so trying to conserve calories and eat salad for dinner, but tis the drinks that worry me ; )

Well we must be human then and in the big picture, doing better than most!! Before I wouldn't have given a thought about downing 3 pieces of pepperoni thick crust pizza or eating a huge piece of banana cake after a large dinner.....now it is very different. I question how many Carb grams in that? What the total calories in this? How many more miles must I run to get rid of that? So the TAKE OVER part is what separates us from the masses. EXCELLENT POINT GB

At night I look at my flat tummy (BTW everything looks better when I am lying down, well most everything....I am working on them too!) The flat tummy that I missed for so many years and I just grin There isn't any food that I would let TAKE OVER NOW!

I had to buy some more clothes and found a winter white pencil shirt in a size 4 that rocks my booty! Before I would wear larger sizes and baggy clothes to hide in. Now, the sales gals grab XS and smalls and insists I wear form fitted outfits.......now THAT makes me feel FABULOUS!!!!
    and this is the most important aspect of all!!!!!!!!

I ate okay this week...could have been much worst. GNO wasn't so bad after all. Earlier this week I took off on a 4 mile run and ended up posting 7 and was I SORE THE NEXT DAY in PLACES I normally don't ache...like hip flexers. Today, I ran for an hour at the gym after a power pump class. Not sure what has gotten into me cuz I never really thought running cared much for me.

I am just gonna try to eat clean the next week and a half plus get in as many workouts before my month w/o hiatus starts! See what happens when I get the diet under control for a few days.

Feeling good...feeling strong....and need a little afternoon nap now!!!

^^^ sounds like you're still fighting, and that's what counts! When you give up, that's when it's game over.

I just woke up from an afternoon nap myself!

End of summer nap time transitioning from one season to the other....
    Author Unknown

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread Information