Scout200 is offline Junior Member

Good Nutrition/Pressed for time - Advice needed

It has come to my attention that I should probably be eating something in the mornings lol... Right now, I’m trying find a way that works well for me and my busy (and typically hectic) schedule.

Usually in the mornings, I don’t have much time to do anything besides get my family and I ready to head out the door… let alone, cook. I know it’s all about time management and dedication but do you have any advice about eating nutritionally while being pressed for time?

-Scout

bezzy is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Get some protein bars or make some when u get a little time...Mayb keep some food cooked redi to eat saves cooking when you dOnt have time. I'm a biz guy aswel leave home don't get home for at least twelve hours sorting my diet was reli hard but got ther in the end and got good natural results

Scout200 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    Get some protein bars or make some when u get a little time...Mayb keep some food cooked redi to eat saves cooking when you dOnt have time. I'm a biz guy aswel leave home don't get home for at least twelve hours sorting my diet was reli hard but got ther in the end and got good natural results
    I like your protein bar suggestion but I'm awful at baking! lol

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Cook your chicken, fish, rice, beans, oats, veggies, etc. in bulk and pack it up I'm Tupperware. Get a lunchbox and an ice pack. Simple. In terms of breakfast, just make a whey shake with some healthy fat to slow digestion and throw in some oats. Drink one on the go once or twice daily as needed.

P.S. All store brand protein bars are garbage.

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout200 View Post
    It has come to my attention that I should probably be eating something in the mornings lol... Right now, I’m trying find a way that works well for me and my busy (and typically hectic) schedule.

Usually in the mornings, I don’t have much time to do anything besides get my family and I ready to head out the door… let alone, cook. I know it’s all about time management and dedication but do you have any advice about eating nutritionally while being pressed for time?

-Scout
    For sure buddy, Quaker oats. Nothing is faster then that. oats take 2 minutes in the microwave and thats it. Hard boil eggs and leave them in your fridge. There is breakfast in 2 minutes.

The best for eating right while on time management is cook everything on a sunday. Takes maybe an hour. Have your diet laid out and know EXACTLY what you will be eating everyday and then prepare accordingly. All meat steak, chicken, turkey, and fish can be cooked on sunday, along with all your carb sources as well (rice, potatoes, whatever).

Your probably thinking, well cooked meat doesn't last in the fridge for more then a couple days. True. What I do is leave the meat I am going to eat in the next couple of days in the fridge. For any meat that is going to be consumed on wednesday and beyond I put in the freezer. Cooked meat in the freezer will last a long time all you have to do it heat it back up. Its just like any other frozen microwavable meal....Except yours is actually healthy.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Umm...how about getting out of bed 15 minutes earlier than you are now? My mornings start at 0445 and that figures in 40 minutes of cooking and eating time.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I was going thru this thread and then came to FG's post...

That is exactly what i was going to say

I get up 1 hr before i need to leave home...

I shower, get dressed, fire up my laptop, cook my rice for the day, cook my eggs for breakfast, make a quick shake and pack all my pre cooked meat for the day

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post
    For sure buddy, Quaker oats. Nothing is faster then that. oats take 2 minutes in the microwave and thats it. Hard boil eggs and leave them in your fridge. There is breakfast in 2 minutes.

The best for eating right while on time management is cook everything on a sunday. Takes maybe an hour. Have your diet laid out and know EXACTLY what you will be eating everyday and then prepare accordingly. All meat steak, chicken, turkey, and fish can be cooked on sunday, along with all your carb sources as well (rice, potatoes, whatever).

Your probably thinking, well cooked meat doesn't last in the fridge for more then a couple days. True. What I do is leave the meat I am going to eat in the next couple of days in the fridge. For any meat that is going to be consumed on wednesday and beyond I put in the freezer. Cooked meat in the freezer will last a long time all you have to do it heat it back up. Its just like any other frozen microwavable meal....Except yours is actually healthy.
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Umm...how about getting out of bed 15 minutes earlier than you are now? My mornings start at 0445 and that figures in 40 minutes of cooking and eating time.
    Bingo, again!!!

Thread Information