Thread: my diet

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

my diet

I'm 5'6 175lbs as of now. lean bulk getting back to 185-190

meal one: 4 egg whites 2 whole eggs (with vegtable - optional)

after workout:
    meal two: protein shake (protein powder,banana,oatmeal,pb)

meal three: grilled chicken & sweet or baked poatatoe /or brown rice (switch it up)/ also vegtable (salad or dark green veg)

meal four: steak or fish (lean meat or no shelled fish) & carb - same as meal three

meal five: protein shake (same as meal two)

meal six : 2 tuna and rice and vegies

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I'm 5'6 175lbs as of now. lean bulk getting back to 185-190

meal one: 4 egg whites 2 whole eggs (with vegtable - optional)

How about some complex carbs? First meal of the day, Pre workout meal nonetheless - and hardly any fuel - MAJOR mistake IMO. 1 cup oats would be nice here, with maybe 1/2 cup berries

after workout:
    meal two: protein shake (protein powder,banana,oatmeal,pb)

Drop the PB. The fat will slow protein absorption, not ideal for PWO

meal three: grilled chicken & sweet or baked poatatoe /or brown rice (switch it up)/ also vegtable (salad or dark green veg)

Good meal

meal four: steak or fish (lean meat or no shelled fish) & carb - same as meal three

Nice again

meal five: protein shake (same as meal two)

Make meal 6 this meal. Possibly consider dropping the rice though as it's later in the day. Do a tbsp of olive oil over your veggies for a nice pro/fat meal

meal six : 2 tuna and rice and vegies

Replace this meal with a longer lasting protein. Lean steak is your best choice. You can also do cottage cheese or a casein shake. Add a tbsp of natty PB to the shake or with the cheese (not with the beef, has enough fat on its own). We WANT to slow protein absorption/digestion before bed
    Haven't seen you around these parts in forever!

Comments in bold. Without macros, I have no idea how much you're eating. We also don't know how much you need to eat to add mass... I hope you have that all worked out. My suggestion would be to eat a bit above maintenance (300-400) and keep up with your cardio to keep bodyfat in check. What is current BF%?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    thanks for the suggestions. I like them

Never heard pb would be bad on the pwo shake. But ill drop it.

Macro's and cals should be fine for me. I was looking for suggestions like you gave me.

Thanks GB

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    It's not necessarily bad but consuming fat with protein will inherently slow it's digestion rate and that's probably not what you want directly PWO. As a recovery supplement, whey is intended to be absorbed very quickly and as such, we want to eat a real meal with slower digesting lean meat/fish/eggs soon after. Now there are circumstances when it can be beneficial:

1 - On a keto type diet in place of starchy carbohydrates in a PWO cocktail to provide an energy source to spare the consumed protein from being converted and used as such in some cases, also increasing synthesis.

2- In place of carbohydrates if PWO cardio has been performed and you're on a strict fat loss regiment. While carbs aren't necessarily bad in this state, you will burn more fat by maintaining depleted glycogen for a longer period of time.

3- When in a bind and forced to have a whey meal on-the-go. Fats can slow absorption to an extent where the meal is more "substantial" I guess is the word.

4- If, and again it's not an ideal situation, you won't have access to a whole food meal for some time PWO. Obviously, a slower absorption rate may help you get the most out of an intense training session during the lapse.

Of course, most of these scenarios wouldn't be applicable if casein were mixed with whey whenever a slower source was the goal.

Been getting a lot of questions about fats in shakes lately, so figured I'd use your thread as a vehicle to do a little blurb with my thoughts.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    thanks for the suggestions. I like them

Macro's and cals should be fine for me. I was looking for suggestions like you gave me.

Thanks GB
    Np, GL bro! =)

Thread Information