Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Thread.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    looking good twist. i hope you can figure out how to get your body better. i had an old roommate that use to get stomach ulcers all the time. and then the doctors discovered h pylori. he changed his diet around and it helped for a while, but he never worked out or anything. build like a street sign. keep us informed on your blood tests. hope everything goes well and that you can figure out a way to overcome this!

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    looking good twist. i hope you can figure out how to get your body better. i had an old roommate that use to get stomach ulcers all the time. and then the doctors discovered h pylori. he changed his diet around and it helped for a while, but he never worked out or anything. build like a street sign. keep us informed on your blood tests. hope everything goes well and that you can figure out a way to overcome this!
    Thank you for the kind words man.

So I am now running prevpac antibiotics and I will have to order some probiotics to start running them asap. I have to tell you guys that since I started the antibiotics yesterday I feel much better than usual. I woke up today in the morning hungry. I am NEVER hungry in the morning. I drank a protein shake, and now I am eating a steak. I am unsure about what to do about the carbohydrates. I don't know if they feed the bacteria or what. I will end up eating them though.

Through help from Sgt. Hartman and my doctor I have learned that possibly gluten and casein and other certain proteins can be agitating my stomach which may cause this nasty bacteria. I just received 4 cases of protein (casein) in the mail so I will be pissed if I can't eat it. Thinking of going paleolithic for a while to see what happens. For now I need my carbs and I need to find out where to get some good probiotics.
    Last edited by Twist; 02-25-2011 at 01:02 AM.

good to hear you are getting to the root of this problem, and that you are getting your hunger back. the gluten could be hurting your stomach. did the doc mention celiac disease? gluten to celiac disease is like milk to someone who is lactose intolerant. i think that some greek yogurt and multivitamins with probiotics could help, only if your stomach is able to tolerate dairy products. hope it gets solved soon! and don't be a stranger on my thread, i can always use someone as knowledgeable as you helping out, and not to mention someone to yell at me when i slip up! good luck my man!

good to hear you are getting to the root of this problem, and that you are getting your hunger back. the gluten could be hurting your stomach. did the doc mention celiac disease? gluten to celiac disease is like milk to someone who is lactose intolerant. i think that some greek yogurt and multivitamins with probiotics could help, only if your stomach is able to tolerate dairy products. hope it gets solved soon! and don't be a stranger on my thread, i can always use someone as knowledgeable as you helping out, and not to mention someone to yell at me when i slip up! good luck my man!
    I have already been tested for celiacs, negative. Link me to your thread or pm me any questions you have bro. I'd be glad to help

i saw this infomercial on some probiotics called culturelle, or something like that. you may want to look into it. here is a link to my thread so you can start getting on me! http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ercentage-down.

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    08-27-2009
    I took this picture for my girlfriend but its all I got for the time period. This is like 19 days after the beginning of my cut. I did cardio 2x per day and ate at a surplus. All cardio is HIIT on the stairmaster. None of the workouts were on an empty stomach. I ate a bag of veggies with every meal.
    Attachment 112955
    Still thinking about this... Yeah even after our pm's about it. lol
    do you know about how many g's of carbs you were taking in. You said a bag of veggies with every meal but the type of veggies could vary the carb outcome greatly. Still... this had to be a way low carb intake right!?

Not sure how it happened but i found myself putting together a very low carb diet for myself the other day. Like it so far.
    Last edited by First6; 03-02-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    Still thinking about this... Yeah even after our pm's about it. lol
    do you know about how many g's of carbs you were taking in. You said a bag of veggies with every meal but the type of veggies could vary the carb outcome greatly. Still... this had to be a way low carb intake right!?

Not sure how it happened but i found myself putting together a very low carb diet for myself the other day. Like it so far.
    I would never recommend low carb for long periods of time because your body adapts and then when you add the carbs back in... well it usually isn't good. It's like a factory that had to downsize during the recession and has gotten used to running on very low resources; when the resources are available again it still runs with less resources (employees/carbs) and then stores the benefit (income/fat). This is not entirely accurate but its easy to understand.

Anyway I ate a bag of veggies at every meal. Just a bag of frozen broccoli, can buy it at any safeway. Idk the carb intake exactly but just see for yourself. 6-8 meals with tons and tons of veggies. I had fat intake as high though but I wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

UPDATE: I have been on antibiotics for about 4 days now I think. My stomach feels much better and I am eating a lot of food. I am getting cravings (something that never happens) for odd things. Yesterday I went out and ate a box of fruit rollups, a bowl of corn pops cereal, an ice cream sandwich, an ice cream cone, and flaming hot cheetos. These are all things I don't even like. IDK what the deal is but I LIKE IT! I think the stomach acid is easing and the ulcers are getting smaller or disappearing. I haven't worked out in a week but I went today and I can tell you I still look the same. I lost nothing the last week without working out. This is unheard of for me. I must finally be absorbing my nutrients I take in. I am also supplementing with tons of probiotics. This may be pointless because the antibiotics will kill it but whatever its cheap so no big deal. Aced a finance exam today so I went to the gym and did arms. Holy shit how I missed the gym. Legs tomorrow or the next day.

On a less positive note, I think that once I stop the antibiotics my ulcers will come back. Not sure about this but I have taken these exact antibiotics before for 10 days (this time its for 14 plus prevacid) and I still had the stomach problems after. I'm just preparing for the worst. I can say though, if I can make my stomach feel like it has the last couple days I will be getting bigger in no time.

Man it feels good to have a free second! Now back to schoolwork. 175lbs and counting...

glad to hear you are getting better. Were you taking any probiotics after finishing the antibiotics the other time? looks like you will have to lay off the spicy foods for a while. congrats on acing your exam! and it sounds as if you had a case of the munchies!!!!

No I have never taken probiotics before. I used to take antibiotics for sinus infections and such because I also need to get my tonsils removed and I get sick all the time because of that. I conclude though that anything left in my stomach after the antibiotics is antibiotic resistant. We will see with blood tests.

GoNoles99 is offline Junior Member
    What ended up happening here? Interested to see where things went and if you started the d-bol cycle you were thinking of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNoles99 View Post
    What ended up happening here? Interested to see where things went and if you started the d-bol cycle you were thinking of doing.
    Started the dbol cycle then stopped because I got the worst acne. I am still covered in it and it didn't go away. Not huge boils, more like little red dots. Sucks. Gained 10lbs and kept it but then got really sick and lost 5. Now I'm at 170.

As for my stomach, I got better for about two weeks. After that I crashed again. Vomiting, diarrhea, no appetite, can only eat small meals etc. Actually something new occurred: really bad gas. I mean I smelled like toxic waste. Huge bloating too. Idk why. I go on thursday for an endoscopy but I doubt it will find anything as idk if the problem is with my upper intestinal area. Whatever it is, I'm still stuck with it.

Thanks for showing interest bro. I'll try to update it more.

damn twist, that sucks that you can/t get your stomach issues in check. i know you have been tested time and time again, but damn! maybe try to stop eating grains and dairy for a while and see what it does. i know that you are celiac or lactose but i am just saying try it and see. something is definitely going on in your intestine or digestive enzymes, that is messing you all up. does it hurt when you eat fats? proteins? carbs? or just happens occasionally when you eat?

I stopped eating all milk products (including shakes), and I rarely eat any grains. The oddest thing is that it takes me a long time to eat. I mean like an hour or so. My body doesn't have the feeling of hunger; I get headaches and stomach cramps instead. But I get "hungry" so often that I am constantly cooking. Then when I try to eat I can't eat a big meal. I wish I could just plug an IV in lol.

Things that feel fine to eat:
    fruit
    steak and bananas actually make my stomach feel good...
    eggs
    rice (especially white)
    ham
    fish
    vegetables

Things that upset my stomach in some way:
    Chicken
    broccoli
    amino acid supplements
    protein shakes
    almost all restaurant food

There's not really one thing I can point to and say, "this upsets my stomach." Any ideas let me know.

GoNoles99 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for showing interest bro. I'll try to update it more.
    Yea I hadn't seen this thread before and it had quite the cliff-hanger ending, figured there had been some recent events of note

endoscopy is next thursday, not today. I'll update then.

First6 is offline Member
    Twist. Did this issue develop slowly or did it suddenly hit you out of the blue?

I stopped eating all milk products (including shakes), and I rarely eat any grains. The oddest thing is that it takes me a long time to eat. I mean like an hour or so. My body doesn't have the feeling of hunger; I get headaches and stomach cramps instead. But I get "hungry" so often that I am constantly cooking. Then when I try to eat I can't eat a big meal. I wish I could just plug an IV in lol.

Things that feel fine to eat:
    fruit
    steak and bananas actually make my stomach feel good...
    eggs
    rice (especially white)
    ham
    fish
    vegetables

Things that upset my stomach in some way:
    Chicken
    broccoli
    amino acid supplements
    protein shakes
    almost all restaurant food

There's not really one thing I can point to and say, "this upsets my stomach." Any ideas let me know.

Hey bro where you been?

Been going on for many many years.

First6 is offline Member
    Hmm. How come I never knew that about you???
    I will help you look into this.
    Strange question... but important. Did you vomit a lot when you were young? Do you get acid reflux along with your stomach upset? That strange "taste" in your throat at all?

Been working in the literal mountains for the last 6 weeks. No phone and no internet. Also spent some time in and out of the hospital from a snake bite LOL. Things are never boring my friend! The job was cool...spent more time with bears than people though. Glad to be back in civilization.

Hmm. How come I never knew that about you???
    I will help you look into this.
    Strange question... but important. Did you vomit a lot when you were young? Do you get acid reflux along with your stomach upset? That strange "taste" in your throat at all?

Been working in the literal mountains for the last 6 weeks. No phone and no internet. Also spent some time in and out of the hospital from a snake bite LOL. Things are never boring my friend! The job was cool...spent more time with bears than people though. Glad to be back in civilization.
    That's sick to hear you did that stuff bro. Sounds interesting for sure.

When I was young I wouldn't eat. I would eat cheetos or twizzlers or something else. I would say that if I drank or something it was easy for me to throw up. I never ate much though. I was in a completely different zone then. I just ate to survive; nutrition didn't matter at all.

My dentist says I have burns on my teeth from acid reflux, and I get that mouth watering thing like when you throw up frequently. However I had an ulcer so a lot of that is to be expected. But I don't have heartburn or anything like that frequently.

First6 is offline Member
    That's sick to hear you did that stuff bro. Sounds interesting for sure.
    LOL. yeah interesting is one way to put it. LOL

When I was young I wouldn't eat. I would eat cheetos or twizzlers or something else. I would say that if I drank or something it was easy for me to throw up. I never ate much though. I was in a completely different zone then. I just ate to survive; nutrition didn't matter at all.
    yeah most youngsters dont think about nutrition. I KNOW I didn't thats for sure. Okay how about eating a "large" meal (when it happened) did that make you vomit? Or not even large... just more than your normal amount?
    My dentist says I have burns on my teeth from acid reflux, and I get that mouth watering thing like when you throw up frequently. However I had an ulcer so a lot of that is to be expected. But I don't have heartburn or anything like that frequently.
    That is exactly what I expected to hear. The ulcer was a contributing factor but I bet you would have had those burns even before that. It happens when your sleeping I bet.

I am no Doc and I will try to bs you and act like I know anything about anything but I can say that your issue is strikingly familiar to me. I worked with a guy who talked about this issue quite often. That is how I knew about the vomiting when young etc... If it would help you at all (and you may already know or suspect) he always said the docs told him this was an internal issue (body chemistry) and not external (food allergy or the like). They told him that at some point every very young child will vomit after a meal from normal stuff like jumping around to soon after eating or whatever. Normal. It happens. But with him for some reason his body took that event and made a mountain out of a molehill. It took that single event and formulated a permanent association between eating with vomiting. No doc could ever tell him why that would have happened. The issue developed into his body being overly sensitive to certain foods or larger amounts of foods (not large amounts by the average persons standard though)
    A major differance between you an him though is the restaurant foods. That didn't matter to him.
    Anyway... he had a medicine that he took that fixed him up as long as he remembered to take it.
    Do you think any of this makes sense in your situation or was it just some guy who had something kind of close to what you have.

That is exactly what I expected to hear. The ulcer was a contributing factor but I bet you would have had those burns even before that. It happens when your sleeping I bet.

I am no Doc and I will try to bs you and act like I know anything about anything but I can say that your issue is strikingly familiar to me. I worked with a guy who talked about this issue quite often. That is how I knew about the vomiting when young etc... If it would help you at all (and you may already know or suspect) he always said the docs told him this was an internal issue (body chemistry) and not external (food allergy or the like). They told him that at some point every very young child will vomit after a meal from normal stuff like jumping around to soon after eating or whatever. Normal. It happens. But with him for some reason his body took that event and made a mountain out of a molehill. It took that single event and formulated a permanent association between eating with vomiting. No doc could ever tell him why that would have happened. The issue developed into his body being overly sensitive to certain foods or larger amounts of foods (not large amounts by the average persons standard though)
    A major differance between you an him though is the restaurant foods. That didn't matter to him.
    Anyway... he had a medicine that he took that fixed him up as long as he remembered to take it.
    Do you think any of this makes sense in your situation or was it just some guy who had something kind of close to what you have.
    I have been trying to get testing for food allergies but the doc wouldn't do it so I have to go see an allergist. Sounds like it could be close. Only thing is my dad is worse than me, my brother is starting down that path.

I literally never ate large meals unless I was starving. I always HATED the feeling of being full. I'm open to anything so whatever this guys had let me know.
    here's my symptoms:
    Diarrhea
    vomiting
    migraine
    salivating with nasty taste
    loss of appetite
    red face
    severe stomach pains
    bad gas
    bad breath, especially with carbs (candida?)
    ulcer
    acid reflux

Remember not all these are at the same time, right now I have no vomiting or diarrhea. Tonight who knows though lol.
    Thanks for the help and nobody should be shy to comment. If it helps me out I'll be very thankful.

First6 is offline Member
    The other men in your family have it. Wow. Well i think that makes it a stretch to be the same that the guy i know has.
    I will see what i can find out from any reliable source i can get info from. If i pm or email you anything you already know just ignore it but who knows maybe i will stumble on someone who knows something. I promise you i will ask around with my docs etc.

The other men in your family have it. Wow. Well i think that makes it a stretch to be the same that the guy i know has.
    I will see what i can find out from any reliable source i can get info from. If i pm or email you anything you already know just ignore it but who knows maybe i will stumble on someone who knows something. I promise you i will ask around with my docs etc.
    I appreciate it. Hey what was the thing the guy had?

First6 is offline Member
    He never called it by any name that i recall. He always just called it an eating disorder. That of course is not what it is. He just always called it that. I will ask around the office and see if anyome knows what it was. (he no longer works for us)

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I am so sorry to hear about all of this Twist.

One of my dear friends had Crohn's disease and he was constantly in pain with severe bloating and gas. Many times I took him to the ER with a horrible pain outbreak so he could get some relief at which time his stomach was really sticking out fully blown up. He also had a strange salty taste in his mouth and the only thing which would help that taste was beer which he drank just for the irritating salivation. He was very thin and didn't like to eat much either. And whenever we dined together, I was forever trying to get him to eat more and he was always telling me he felt full after so little food. Had diarrhea too. He lived with this for years. Had intestinal surgery early in life and just had another one last year with an obstructed bowel.

He is trying his best to narrow down the foods which will help him. There is another member here on the forum with crohns who I will find. You might contact him to share info.

I hope you find out what is going on and get to the bottom of it.

ps: if it means anything...some docs are using hgh to help crohns. When you go see your doctor should he suspect it might possibly be crohns, ask him about this new protocol.
    --------------------

threads here re: crohns which might help to get as much info before seeing your doc.....the last 2 are from the member I was referring to; meantime I found others who also have crohns and how they address it.....

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ghlight=crohns

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ths&highlight=

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ess&highlight=
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 06-19-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Thank you so much for the info Slimmer. I'm gonna ask my doc for some more tests after this one on thursday. I'll update the thread. Thanks guys

First6 is offline Member
    Hey Bro... I need a little more info.
    I stopped at one of my Doc's today and I asked him about this.
    Is it possible to make a short list of things your Doc has tested for and things he has ruled out?

Hey Bro... I need a little more info.
    I stopped at one of my Doc's today and I asked him about this.
    Is it possible to make a short list of things your Doc has tested for and things he has ruled out?
    Celiacs is ruled out. The ulcer is the next thing I tested for and that turned up positive so I thought that was most of my issues. Most of the things I've got tested for turned out to be positive (like low test, resulting in trt, ulcer etc), and each one I thought, "finally this is it." Then it occurs again.

So I had or have h pylori, a stomach ulcer, low test
    Things I need testing for:
    Brain tumor
    Candida
    crohns disease
    endoscopy to look for growths and ulcers
    I need an allergy panel done

I need a lot of things done but just haven't gotten there yet. Thursday is my next appointment and then I will find a new doc because mine is a complete moron.

Thanks so much First for the help

good luck bro, i hope you get this figured out asap!

First6 is offline Member
    Celiacs is ruled out. The ulcer is the next thing I tested for and that turned up positive so I thought that was most of my issues. Most of the things I've got tested for turned out to be positive (like low test, resulting in trt, ulcer etc), and each one I thought, "finally this is it." Then it occurs again.

So I had or have h pylori, a stomach ulcer, low test
    Things I need testing for:
    Brain tumor
    Candida
    crohns disease
    endoscopy to look for growths and ulcers
    I need an allergy panel done

I need a lot of things done but just haven't gotten there yet. Thursday is my next appointment and then I will find a new doc because mine is a complete moron.

Thanks so much First for the help
    I'll pass it on
    Yeah get that new doc!! As long as this has been going on he should have had most of those tests done by now.
    Get your new doc and force the issue. Start with the most serious possibilities first of course.
    Last edited by First6; 06-21-2011 at 07:13 AM.

I will do for sure. Thanks first

Endoscopy Update:
    Doctor found nothing. He did 4 biopsies and I have a follow up appointment on next thursday to talk about it more. I think I broke my wrist last night doing chest... I can't move any of my fingers. I might go to the hospital after work today. could just be a bad sprain. idk.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Damn bro, first time i'm seeing all of this and really sorry to read about all you're going through. I don't have anything helpful to add other than my support; you're the first dude I met/that helped me out on this board, so you hold a special place for me (no homo, lol!). I really hope the docs get you sorted out... ever since my wife became pregnant, all this doctor stuff (I'm one of those people who NEVER goes unless I absolutely have to) has become very real, and it's scary at times. Keep your chin up brotha.

As for the wrist - what did you specifically do that caused this?

Apparently I have a hiatal hernia. I just didn't remember that cuz of the drugs. But that's not what's causing my symptoms, just something to add to the list of things that are wrong with my body.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Damn bro, first time i'm seeing all of this and really sorry to read about all you're going through. I don't have anything helpful to add other than my support; you're the first dude I met/that helped me out on this board, so you hold a special place for me (no homo, lol!). I really hope the docs get you sorted out... ever since my wife became pregnant, all this doctor stuff (I'm one of those people who NEVER goes unless I absolutely have to) has become very real, and it's scary at times. Keep your chin up brotha.

As for the wrist - what did you specifically do that caused this?
    I on my first set fro chest and I wasn't holding the dumbbells in the correct place so I kinda bounced them to adjust and it bent my wrist backwards. I finished my set, and the rest of my workout. I practiced a little boxing after that too. Nothing was wrong with my wrist but some small shooting pains and some aches. After all that I picked up something light (I think it was my protein shake) and that was the straw that broke the camels back. It's messed up pretty bad. I don't see upper body happening this week. I'm gonna wrap the shit out of it and go light in kickboxing this week. I'll practice my footwork and kicks. Add this to the list of things that are wrong with my body. I might go get an x-ray if its bad tomorrow. I've broken this hand before and the ligaments attached to my thumb ripped off the pieces of bone they are attached to so this hand has given me trouble before. O well.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Sounds like you need some rest Twist so you heal a bit. I bet you are exhausted after the endoscopy and now your wrist.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Sounds like you need some rest Twist so you heal a bit. I bet you are exhausted after the endoscopy and now your wrist.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Doubled my gh dose last night and man my wrist is healing up very nicely. Just injected 2 more ius and about to take a nap after eating some food. Hoping I'll heal right up. I have range of motion back but just some unwanted pulling. I know its a slippery slope from where I am now to where I was last night so I'm taking it easy.

First6 is offline Member
    How is it after a few days now?
    Any progress on getting a new doc?

How is it after a few days now?
    Any progress on getting a new doc?
    My wrist is much better now. I've been wrapping it with sports tape so I don't injure it more, but its pretty much better.

I go to the doctor tomorrow in the middle of the day to talk about the biopsies and what, if anything, was discovered (other than the hiatal hernia thing). We will see tomorrow. I'll update the thread.

I have been having some really bad issues with the bottom of my feet. I think it has been from standing on my toes in kickboxing for 5 hours 3 days a week. I hope its not plantar faciitis. That's the worst. But I have all the signs. Gonna buy a brace and see if that helps (stretches you when you sleep). I think it might also be water retention from the hgh but usually that's in my hands. Feels very similar and the pain isn't in my heel as much as the arch of my foot.

I have so many issues I feel like such a complaining mess lol. But I just never rest or take it easy. This week I've been working for 11 hours straight each day with no break; personal training is a lot of lifting weights and demonstrating exercises. I go to Kboxing and BJJ for 5 hours on Tues, Thurs, and Sat. I also workout 4-5 days per week. I'm going rock climbing this weekend so I don't see any physical rest in my near future. My injuries never heal so I kinda just keep adding. Was hoping the gh would help lol. All this and its summer so school didn't even start yet.

twist, hope you can get all this fixed. i know how it is with injuries, i am always banged up and never rest (hate it!). with the foot problem, try rolling a tennis ball under the arch of your foot to massage the area, may help some. the hiatal hernia can be fixed and i am sure that has been unpleasant when eating. i am curious to see how the gh will play a role in all this. it takes me longer to heal than most so wondering if my levels on that are low. i am wanting to go rock climbing, no rocks around here, just swamp! will be back to see the update.

twist, hope you can get all this fixed. i know how it is with injuries, i am always banged up and never rest (hate it!). with the foot problem, try rolling a tennis ball under the arch of your foot to massage the area, may help some. the hiatal hernia can be fixed and i am sure that has been unpleasant when eating. i am curious to see how the gh will play a role in all this. it takes me longer to heal than most so wondering if my levels on that are low. i am wanting to go rock climbing, no rocks around here, just swamp! will be back to see the update.
    I use a tennis ball every single day. I have stopped the gh for two days and it seems to be getting better. Idk if that is because I am laying off it or if its because I stopped the gh. I am doing kbox all day today so we will see what its like tomorrow. If its still better then I know its the gh and I will slowly ramp back up. I am using low doses (1-2ius per day) of serostim and man that stuff is strong. Not using it for muscle gain, just for overall health. Healed a kidney of mine up at 1iu per day for a month.

Wrist is good today. So I think I'm doing well, just gotta work out the stomach issues. Appointment is in two hours.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information