Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."

Eating clean diet.

With the start of the new year my fiance and I have decided to start eating clean. Cut out the preservatives and such. Anyone else doing this or have given it a try?
    Any advice would be appreciated for grocery shopping and meal planning.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    With the start of the new year my fiance and I have decided to start eating clean. Cut out the preservatives and such. Anyone else doing this or have given it a try?
    Any advice would be appreciated for grocery shopping and meal planning.
    Pretty simple bro. I don't have the exact quote, Twist does, but it basically says:

If you can hunt it, grow it, or pick it, you can eat it.

Stick with whole natural foods and you can't go wrong.

Lean proteins - chicken/turkey breast, white fish, egg whites, lean beef/steaks, fat free greek yogurt, etc

Complex Carbs - sweet potato, yam, oats, quinoa, brown rice, beans, lentils

Healthy fats or pro/fat combos - avacado, nuts, nut butters, salmon, oily fish, eggs

Fiberous Veggie carbs - pretty much anything leafy/green. Kale, broccoli, asparagus, brussell sprouts, green beans, spinach, etc

Hope this helps

maxwkw is offline Associate Member
    If the food has a label, don't eat it. If you can go to someplace where they grow it or catch it. Eat it. (this includes livestock)

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Thanks bros.

jngymrat is offline Associate Member
    Your on the right track, To add a few notes to these, stay away from all the soda, tea (except herbal) limit your coffee. I agree with max, always be leery of any ingredient labels if it includes any things you can't pronounce stay away from it.

Even all the ground turkey's and chicken and beef, organic is the way to go, the local the better. In other words if you have beef or chicken etc. grown near where you live by local farmers that is the best, also you can save quite a bit on costs per pound.

Farmers markets are great in the summer times also to get your fruits and vegetables that are locally grown. I would also recommend doing some kind of body detoxification, this gets the years of processed garbage out of your body and will make an incredible difference on how your body absorbs nutrients. Other than that, just my opinion, good luck,

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    As GB said

If u can grow it or kill it then eat it

questionrouge is offline Female Member
    lean clean and mean! Right on, keep it up, your body will thank you!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Good to hear you are doing it together. Doing it without your partner makes it SO much harder.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Good to hear you are doing it together. Doing it without your partner makes it SO much harder.
    x2! My wife is my biggest problem by far! Bringing crap into the house, etc.... crap i'd never go out on my own and get, but when it's right under my nose, it's hard to resist!

Thread Information