ufc8581 is offline Junior Member

please critic my diet starting this week

im looking to start this diet this week .. im jus about to start back in the gym after breaking my hand in a mma figh and having to have surgery ... put on some weight bc didnt diet while out of gym stupid i know but here is my stats and diet

age-25 height-5'10 weight-240 bf- around 22% ... im usually around 205 and i usually weigh in for my fights at 185

here is my diet im planning

breakfast- 6 egg whites and a cup of brown rice bc i dont like oatmeal ..optimal amino 2222 and opti vitimans...317 cal - 26g protein - 45g carb - 2g fat

lunch- grilled chicken breast and 2 cups of broccolli steamed...cal 535 - 54g protien - 26g carb - 18g fat

snack- grilled chicken breast or grilled fish and cup of brown rice or sweet potatoe...optimal amino 2222...547 cal - 55g protein - 44g carb - 15g fat

pwo meal- 2 scoop whey protein power with water and banana.. optimal amino 2222.. 345 cal - 49g protein - 35g carb -

dinner- grilled chicken breast or grilled fish or lean cut steak and 2 cups of broccolli ...cal 535 - 54g protien - 26g carb - 18g fat

late night snack- 2 scoops casien protien power with water 240 cal 48g p- 8g c

ok jus revised ended with 2519 cal - 286g protein - 185g carb - 53g fat let me know what you all think now
    Last edited by ufc8581; 01-04-2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: changed up diet

bump

jngymrat is offline Associate Member
    What is your workout regimen? Are you doing any cardio or just weight training? Also, what time in the morning do you get up? how many hours of sleep do you get? Time of day you work out?

work out is like this hour of cardio mwf and get a lil extra cardio in the mornings when i can ... usually up by 730 and always try and sleep 8 or 9 hours .. usually at the gym by 5 o clock

shoulders -monday
    back n tri - tuesday
    legs - wendsday
    chest n bi - thursday

bump

cerealkiller326 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ufc8581 View Post
    im looking to start this diet this week .. im jus about to start back in the gym after breaking my hand in a mma figh and having to have surgery ... put on some weight bc didnt diet while out of gym stupid i know but here is my stats and diet

age-25 height-5'10 weight-240 bf- around 22% ... im usually around 205 and i usually weigh in for my fights at 185

here is my diet im planning

breakfast- 6 egg whites and a cup of brown rice bc i dont like oatmeal ..

lunch- grilled chicken breast and 2 cups of broccolli steamed

snack- grilled chicken breast or grilled fish

pwo meal- 2 scoop whey protein power with water 240 cal 48g p- 8g c

dinner- grilled chicken breast or grilled fish or lean cut steak and 2 cups of broccolli

late night snack- 2 scoops casien protien power with water 240 cal 48g p- 8g c

critic please i know it can use some work lets see what can be done
    ufc8581,

what are the times you eat those meals? Your food selection is good, I just need to know what time you are eating those meals dude.

8--11--2--5--8--10

Blog Entries
    Your diet looks good other than that the snack before your workout should have a bit of carbs try more brown rice, sweet potatoes, asparagus, etc. But only because you seem to be lifting and I'm sure you'll burn that off fairly quick if your an active mma fighter.

Post workout shake has only 8g carbs. Little less IMO, but since it's 5pm meal I wouldn't go over 20g carbs, but would help spike insulin level and protein synthesis.

thanks for the info do u think adding a banana with the shake would help the carb intake pwo

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Virtually no carbs and no EFA's...not the approach I would take.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ufc8581 View Post
    thanks for the info do u think adding a banana with the shake would help the carb intake pwo
    That would be awesome.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    OK

You want to be eating carbs 3 times a day

At breakfast, Pre Workout and Post workout (also maybe some simple carbs durring your workout)

LBM = 178 Lbs

187 x 15 = 2805 cals

280g Protein
    280g Carbs
    62g Fats

Above is a good baseline, you may need to drop cals over time but this can come in the form of carbs and increased enery expendature

U need to post ur ur macros aswell on the meals

To get some good fats in there you can simply add a few teaspoons of EVOO to ur chicken before u eat it
    Last edited by baseline_9; 01-04-2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: TYPO on LBM

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    Hey there mate, a lot of your food choices look OK. but as fireguys says, little to no carbs with no essential fatty acids is not the way to go.

By no means should i be the one giving out expert advice here, but i have learnt a lot from getting help from the guys on here for my diet plan.

Adding in sweet potato to your lunch meal, adding it also to your meal before workout for energy (or brown rice, or any good carb source). amd also post workout you should be getting more that broccoli with your steak.....try to eat more that chicken breasts because they get so damn annoying.

Like i said, dont take my advice as perfect, but i think others may agree with some suggestions i made.

Good luck to you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    OK

You want to be eating carbs 3 times a day

At breakfast, Pre Workout and Post workout (also maybe some simple carbs durring your workout)

LBM = 178 Lbs

178 x 15 = 2670 cals

267g Protein
    267g Carbs
    60g Fats

Above is a good baseline, you may need to drop cals over time but this can come in the form of carbs and increased enery expendature

U need to post ur ur macros aswell on the meals

To get some good fats in there you can simply add a few teaspoons of EVOO to ur chicken before u eat it
    Hey Baseline

I always see your post and its solid, no doubt I agree with what you said. But curious how you got his LBM?

Quote Originally Posted by cerealkiller326 View Post
    Hey Baseline

I always see your post and its solid, no doubt I agree with what you said. But curious how you got his LBM?
    Ok

BF = 22%

so 22% of his total weight is BF

We need to take 22% away from the total

240 x 0.78 = 187.2

Multiplying ur LBM by 15 is a good shot at maintanance calories required while dieting

If trying to gain I would add 500-1000 calories on top of that depending on a few factors (mainly are you using gear)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Ok

BF = 22%

so 22% of his total weight is BF

We need to take 22% away from the total

240 x 0.78 = 187.2

Multiplying ur LBM by 15 is a good shot at maintanance calories required while dieting

If trying to gain I would add 500-1000 calories on top of that depending on a few factors (mainly are you using gear)
    Ok I thought I was legit loosing my mind, I'm sitting here with a Rockstar in my hand....then you just mistyped you had his LBM as 178 instead of 187. LOL I was trying to figure out how you had that 178lb, thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by cerealkiller326 View Post
    Ok I thought I was legit loosing my mind, I'm sitting here with a Rockstar in my hand....then you just mistyped you had his LBM as 178 instead of 187. LOL I was trying to figure out how you had that 178lb, thats all.
    Yeh

Ive put it straight now

Cheers

preciate all the help .. i think i got a great idea of what to do now .. learn alot glad i posted this after all lol.. im also adding in aminos in with three meals and vitamins with breakfast

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Repost your new proposed diet so we can have a look. We'll make sure it's gtg before you run it.

ok jus changed it up at the top let me see what ya think

Blog Entries
    Ufc, the diet you adjusted and reposted looks good to me. So your calorie intake already has a deficit so that's awesome. If you jog intensly in the morning then I would do it lightly 20-30 minutes so your not depleted by your weight training on Monday and weds, finish your work out with 30+ minutes intense cardio. I see that Friday is your off day and seem to only do cardio. In that case, Friday AM should be your intense cardio. good luck bro

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Diet looks decent to me as well, only changes i'd make is adding at least a whole egg to meal 1 (i'm a firm believer in whole eggs) and a better carb then a banana in your PWO meal (that must be a big ass banana at 35g!) - i'd keep the banana and add 1/2 cup oats, but since you don't like oats - maybe brown rice? *shrug* Either way, i'd do a complex carb in conjunction w/ the banana. Just my .02

preciate all the help .. n i will do gbrice .. jus was trying to add a little carb but a half a cup of brown rice does sound good bc i always have that on hand lol.. and cereal thanks for the cardio advice sounds like a good idea to me.. again thanks for all the help

Blog Entries
    No problem dude. Good luck with the diet and workout. Keep us updated on the progress.

will do .. im gonna start fully next week but basically already started lol .. ill keep posted of progress

ok starting diet tomorrow morning ... starting weight is 238lb

Thread Information