Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    You are looking great. Amazing job!

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    Love the new avi Base, that's me in 22 days except it's going to be a huge plate of Georgia Pecan pancakes with a hot piece of coffee cake!
    HAHA.....

I estimate a 10,000 calorie binge today LOL....

Make sure you share some pics

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    You are looking great. Amazing job!
    thankyou

Not long now base.... Put it away....

Binge weekend is now over and i am back on the chicken breast, crab meat and greens...

My carb intake is droping to a whopping 30g!

After a weekend like that i can manage on 30g of carbs for a few day no probz

Fats are going yo go up slightly towards the end of the week but carbs are staying at 30g now untill 15th April

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Big Boy Steak.....

Best pic ever bro.

Congrats on the progress you've made!
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    Best pic ever bro.

Congrats on the progress you've made!
    Haha

Nice one for checking into my log

There is plenty more to come...

Watch this space

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Will do brother
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Ok guys, sorry for not keeping this up to date. I will try and fill you in with this post...

So last weekend i did an all out binge and ate whatever i wanted... I then decided that I would almost zero carb all week to counteract those excess calorie... Bad move...

This week i think i have been on the edge of keto and TBH it has run my body down big time.... I made the mistake of not upping my fats enough...

At some points i have been light headed and dizzy... Not good...

I decided to ease of on some cardio (maybe drop from 60 to 45 mins etc...) and i have put in a few cheat meals

Wednesday night I made a curry (a verry healthy on and verry nutrient dense) and had 100g rice with it (80carbs)....

Last night I had 2/3 of a loaf of wholemeal bread with raspberry jam on it and then had a good sleep....

I have been on the go non stop for 14ish weeks and TBH i think I have now gotten to a point of overtraining... Probably due to lack of calories...

So last night (5pm) after eating my toast I lay on the sofa for the first time in 12 weeks and fell to sleep for 3 hrs... Not like me at all!

I have decided that I need a little break...

Mind
    Body
    CNS
    Sleep
    Food

This is my last day in work and then 3 weeks off...

Once i get back from my holiday I plan to get back on a mini diet and beast it untill I am 10% BF....

Hopefully the next challenge will start on 1st june as this will give me a little time to get ready ( get to 10%, prime, establish calorie requirments for LBM gain...)

I will still be going to the gym and training as normal but i think i need some extra food this weekend... One to allow me to rest mentaly and also to gwt me through next week....

I will be going to the gym 2moro with the GF and smashing another 60 min cardio session with her...

It is great that my GF is now coming to the gym with me to do my cardio... In the past she has not been fussed about the gym and does not like it... I did try a few times to force her but that is not how it works... She now enjoys coming to do the AM cardio and I am really prowd of her... We go in there and drill the cardio so hard... I get my un-trained GF blasting the high incline harder than anyone esle in the gym... Putting grown men to shame

So thanks a lot Chip (my GF) for all the cardio support you are giving me ATM

I plan to sign my GF up to the gym and we will continue to get up at the weekends to do some AM cardio year round...

I have noticed that I have now become verry fit... At least im a fukin good high incline power walker LOL.... This level of fitness is somthing I wish to maintain year round, if not improve it...

Current diet looks like this

Cardio

2 scoops whey, 50g oats

20g Peanut butter

8oz chicken, brocolli, 5 fish caps

8oz chicken, brocolli, 5 fish caps

8oz chicken, brocolli, 50g oats

PWO - 2 scoops whey

8oz Lean Ground Beef
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

I also take a miltivitamin and some vit c...

Pre cardio i drink, 10g bcaa's, 10g glutamine

Pre training I drink the same and wish to now add the dextrose (20g) back in there

Training is 4 days a week as always

Currently doing an upper lower split 2x per week...

One session is for power and the other session is more about muscle contracion / BB style...

The key to the power session is continued progression week by week... Progression as in weight or reps... Reps are 5-7ish.. 5 working sets per BP and only one exercise per BP

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Plan for this weekend....

Finnish this day of Overtime at 14.30

Mayeb go shopping with chip and get some food... Diet coke/coke zero/diet coke citrus zest.... I am feeling the diet soft drinks ATM... Sugar free jelly is on the list aswell...

A trip to costco is defo in need... Gonna get a pack of abberdeen angus ribeye steak to last me a few days... U can beat the angus, well u can but it needs to be put in ur fridge to age for 4 weeks like i did LOL

I may even get a whole angus ribeye, lookin about Ł60 or $100 to you yanks...that should last a few days

Just bloging here TBH...

Cheat meal 2nite, going out for a curry...

2 moro I am going to do a mini 30 min roast dinner for me and chip with some of the beef that I aged in the fridge... I have a 1 rib piece left ( weighs 30oz i think) that should do for the two of us....

Unfortunatly I have some clotted cream in the fridge so I will be looking at demolishing that at some point ( probably buy some scones from costco and have scones with jam and clotted cream)...

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    Im assuming from using pounds as your currency your from the UK?
    if so i hate you! haha only because of the relaxed AAS laws there!
    Great log by the way. what cycle are you running when you start?
    I seen the vials, do they have rubber stoppers? i hope so, not very sterile if not.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Whats up Baseline,

Just saw this thread, being new to the whole body building thing and particularly the diet part I really appreciate you taking the time to lay out the food prep complete with pictures. They oategg pancakes with the raspberries on top actually look appetizing. Going to be a great change from my 100th morning in a row of oatmeal in a bowl with cinnamon YUK!. Also like that you include a lot of veggies and greens in your diet, I have been really slacking and at 55 not only is that a bad decision as far as nutrition goes but its also slowing down my transit leading to bloating, so I look forward to adding some of your salad ideas to my meals.

Thanks again,
    FFM

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Rock it out, Base. I'm pretty stoked about seeing where you placed in the challange. I am stoked about your progess.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    Day1

Day 67

Day1

Day 67
    Wow nice transformation bro.

Quote Originally Posted by big_ron View Post
    Im assuming from using pounds as your currency your from the UK?Yeh, England
    if so i hate you! haha only because of the relaxed AAS laws there!Not for long, 2012 Olympics just around the corner!
    Great log by the way.Thanks what cycle are you running when you start?Im not posting my cycles out on the open board m8... Sorry
    I seen the vials, do they have rubber stoppers?They r just media bottles.... this is Homebrew gear m8... Yes they have septas but only to draw out 10ml at a time to fill 10-50ml sterile vials i hope so, not very sterile if not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Whats up Baseline,

Just saw this thread, being new to the whole body building thing and particularly the diet part I really appreciate you taking the time to lay out the food prep complete with pictures. No worries bro... thats what Im here for!They oategg pancakes with the raspberries on top actually look appetizing.They r good man... everyone shud try em... Going to be a great change from my 100th morning in a row of oatmeal in a bowl with cinnamon YUK!. Also like that you include a lot of veggies and greens in your dietI try to... I buy a load and kane it for a week or so and then forget to buy them sometimes.... Broolli is a staple now tho.. actually enjoy it now, I have been really slacking and at 55 not only is that a bad decision as far as nutrition goes but its also slowing down my transit leading to bloating, so I look forward to adding some of your salad ideas to my meals.U feel much better eating a load of greens... helps keep you 'regular' and u feel better because of that

Thanks again,
    FFM
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Rock it out, Base. I'm pretty stoked about seeing where you placed in the challangeMe too Bro LOL.... Whatever the results this challenge has been great for me... It has kept me on track and got me almost where I wanna be..... I am stoked about your progess.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    Wow nice transformation bro Thanks BJ.

Thanks for all the support guys

BOLD^^^^^

Plan..........

Plan up untill this friday....Keep my diet fairly tidy (If i want more carb's I will have em).... Cardio 2x a day..... 60 mins in AM, 45 Mins PWO......Go to mexico and feast...

Plan when I get home from mexico.... Diet hard..... Cardio as above..... hardcore training...... Get bodyfat to 10%..... I will not begin my 'gaining weight' untill the skin fold says that I am 10% or less....

Plan when I get to 10% BF.... Introduce some AAS.... Increase calories (carbs).... Reduce cardio to 3 x 20 mins, 2 x 60 mins.....Grow like a mo fo' while maintaining low BF% and maybe even reduce BF if the gear allows mw me to add LBM while not adding any BF.... We can only pray...

Before and after pics.... Big cheat DAY today then back on the diet tomorrow morning.... 3 mins of CCT training and 60 mins of cardio tommorow morning...

Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    Wow nice transformation bro.
    BJ.... You missed the final B4 and After Shots Bro..., U bumped old comparison pics....

Had a couple of wkd cardio sessions today.... This morning I burned more calories than I have ever done in 60 mins (737 calories) on the treadmill... (going by the treadmill estimation which is not acurate but is a good indication of how hard you have worked)

AM fasted cardio - 60 mins high incline walk as below....

2 mins @ 7.5 incline, 6.0 speed
    3 mins @ 15 incline, 6.0 speed

Did that for the first 30 mins... And the following for the next 20 mins

1.5 mins @ 7.5 incline, 6.2 speed
    3.5 mins @ 15 incline, 6.2 speed

I did the following for the final 10 mins....

10 mins @ 15 incline @ 6.2 speed

PM Training (Upper Body 'Power Day')

Benchpress

3 warm up sets
    5 sets x 5 reps (final set has a drop set)

Supported T-bar Row

3 warm up sets
    5 x 5 (final set has a superset with wide grip pull ups with forced negatives)

Sholder press in 3D Smith Machine (no training partner)

2 Warm Up sets
    4 x 5

PM Cardio

45 mins on Stepmill

post the poundages used for those lifts please. Nice stuff, by the way!

^^^Is that 6.2mph or 6.2kph? If it's mph that's a wicked fast walking pace - faster than most people at my gym run on the treadmill.

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    You seriously blow me away.....

~hugs

You deserve the best props for your progress Base!!!

post the poundages used for those lifts please. Nice stuff, by the way!
    The 5x5 on the bench was at 97.5 KG (just inder 225lbs)

The 5x5 on the T-bar was at 45KG (I think.... I just add the weights on durring my warm ups untill I hit 5 reps, then do 5x5)

The Shoulder press was just at 135 lbs.... First time I have used the 3D rack...

Im not a big lifter... I have never really focused on moving weight, but more about contracting the muscle and making the movment harder

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    ^^^Is that 6.2mph or 6.2kph? If it's mph that's a wicked fast walking pace - faster than most people at my gym run on the treadmill.
    No m8 I think that all treadmills are kph as a standard.... I focus more on the incline rather than the speed

Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    You seriously blow me away.....

~hugs

You deserve the best props for your progress Base!!!
    Thanks Kawi for your continued support

Just eating some sugar free jelly made up with Fanta Zero...

Gotta be one of the best things ever...

I have a double serving and it is only 18 calories

One day into my holiday and thinking how fat can I get in a week

Lol

Need to focus when I get home....

Cannot focus on holiday... This is all out cheating....

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Just go for it base, you won't put too much on in a week, you will come back stronger and ready for the the next level.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    Just eating some sugar free jelly made up with Fanta Zero...

Gotta be one of the best things ever...

I have a double serving and it is only 18 calories
    prob a silly question is that ok to have when you have sugar cravings whilst cutting?

Quote Originally Posted by rossapplecart View Post
    Just go for it base, you won't put too much on in a week, you will come back stronger and ready for the the next level.
    Oh i certianly am bro...

This is one week in a whole year....

When i get home i just need to drop to 10% BF and then i will be growing week by week

And to TGunz

The whole artifical sweetner thing is questionable for healt reasons...

I say screw it.... If it stops you cheating and in no calories hen just do it...

I will have a coke zero now aswell if i need sumat sweet....

I could take it or leave it but IMHO it doesnt matter if u do have it when its 2 cals a glass.

BUMPING this as it has been moved into the diet section...

Stay tuned guys for updates...

Currently on holiday in mxico (25hr delay on flights so got an extra day for free)

FYI, the plan....

When i get home i will be following a 4-5 week mini 'cut' that will act like a prime for my next cycle...

I will then cut cardio in half and add some calories back into my diet and begin my cycle....

Hopefully the anabolics in combination with a close to TDEE diet will help to make me leaner while I grow....

I will soon be outlining a new power/hypertropy 4 day split that I think will be very successfull...

And maybe we have a trainee coming on board....

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    good job still loggin. im cutting atm i come to read this log for motivation

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Where are you staying in Mexico? What resort if you don't mind my asking? We went twice last year... right around this same time. I was 177lbs at the time, lmao! (193 today)

Stayed at the riu yucatan and now been moved to the riu tequila bcause of a 25hr flight delay....

Another day all inclusive in the sun and around the pool... Result!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Ir a tomar un poco de diversión en el sol ahora!

translation: GO HAVE SOME FUN IN THE SUN NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by t-gunz View Post
    good job still loggin. im cutting atm i come to read this log for motivation
    Kool man...

When im back im gonna be keeping iy up to date day by day hopefully if i can....

Im looking at getting the newer ipod touch aswell with a camera so i can get more pics/videos to upload...

Training, diet, recipies, lifestyle....

I wanna make this like a diary with a variaty of media to keep you guys happy...

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Ir a tomar un poco de diversión en el sol ahora!

translation: GO HAVE SOME FUN IN THE SUN NOW!
    We have 2 hrs left now.... Im just chilling in the lobby on the hotle wifi... It nice cuz its kind of outside but with a roof... The GF is getting all ready for the trip home...

Were all done having fun now LOL been a great break tho, except i had sun stroke and was sick as a dog one night... That kept in in the shad with no food for 2 days but oh well...

U live and u learn...

Too much sun + Too much alcohol + Too little water = Dehydration which turns into heat exhaustion/ sun stroke... Not nice at all people

Stayed at the riu yucatan and now been moved to the riu tequila bcause of a 25hr flight delay....

Another day all inclusive in the sun and around the pool... Result!
    We have 2 hrs left now.... Im just chilling in the lobby on the hotle wifi... It nice cuz its kind of outside but with a roof... The GF is getting all ready for the trip home...

Were all done having fun now LOL been a great break tho, except i had sun stroke and was sick as a dog one night... That kept in in the shad with no food for 2 days but oh well...

U live and u learn...

Too much sun + Too much alcohol + Too little water = Dehydration which turns into heat exhaustion/ sun stroke... Not nice at all people
    Never been to any of the Riu's, mainly because they allow kids as far as I know, lol. But everybody I talk to likes them.

Sorry to hear you got screwed out of 2 days of your vacation... that sucks! Have a safe flight back man.

You are an inspiration, get back safe and help GB and I stay on task!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Never been to any of the Riu's, mainly because they allow kids as far as I know, lol. But everybody I talk to likes them.

Sorry to hear you got screwed out of 2 days of your vacation... that sucks! Have a safe flight back man.
    All back now dude... safe and sound... my clen and T3 passed str8 thru just as I knew it would (fingers crossed)

You are an inspiration, get back safe and help GB and I stay on task!
    Cheers big man... Im gonna have to stay tuned in ur threads to return the favour...

Lets smash this shit guys...

** The paln - Phase 2 **

The plan - Phase two...The final push... The prime

So as of 27.04.11 the following is my routine, diet and cardio schedule... This will continue for 3-6 weeks (i think) untill I start an AAS' cycle...

Routine

Mon - Legs, calves

Tue - Chest, Bi, Abs

Thu - Back, Traps

Fri - Delts, Tri, Abs

** ATM the routine is gonna be a moderate volume/ to failure routine... Basic movements and trying to build on them for when my cycle begins... 6-9 sets for smaller bodyparts, 9-12 for larger bodyparts... Basic stuff to failure and not much beyond.. Just str8 sets ATM**

Cardio

Mon - AM Fasted - 60 mins High Incline Power walk

Tue - AM Fasted - 60 mins High Incline Power walk
    PM PWO - 45 mins Stepmill

Wed - AM Fasted - 60 mins High Incline Power walk
    PM - 45 mins Stepmill

Thu - AM Fasted - 60 mins High Incline Power walk

Fri - AM Fasted - 60 mins High Incline Power walk

Sat - AM Fasted - 60 mins High Incline Power walk

Sun - AM Fasted - 60 mins High Incline Power walk

**The AM fasted cardio is not too low on the intensity... I would say moderate durring the week and on the weekends I really push it hard for the 60 mins with an interval of 1 min easy and 3 mins hard (on full incline)..

The PM stepmill is steady state for 45 mins... level is just where I can maintain it for the duration...**

Diet

Training days

50g Oats
    60g Whey Concentrate

8oz Lean Meat (Chicken, Turkey, 97% Beef etc...)
    2 cups broccoli
    5 Fish Caps

2 cups broccoli
    5 Fish Caps

2 cups broccoli
    100g Rice (Brown or white)

30g Dextrose (Imidiatley Pre-workout with BCAA's and Glutamine)

60g Whey (PWO)

2 cups broccoli
    5 Fish caps

Non Training Days

100g Oats
    60g Whey Concentrate

2 cups broccoli
    5 Fish Caps

2 cups broccoli
    5 Fish Caps

2 cups broccoli

60g Whey (post cardio)

2 cups broccoli
    5 Fish caps

I think the plan is pretty solid bro... i'd consider more carbs on non-training days though if you're hitting the cardio with pretty high intensity. Maybe a small carb meal pre-cardio - I don't think that will negate the cardio. Either that or keep it pro/fat but lower intensity. Meh, you know what you're doing and what to look out for, you don't need my comments.

Good luck - I might run that clen + T3 cycle right along side you.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Looking great bud!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information