Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast
    baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Had a great Chest Biceps and Calves session just!

Flat DB Press - 3 working sets (best set 50kg DB's for 8 reps 110 lbs)
    Incline Hammer Press - 3 working sets

Side Laterals - 3 sets to failure - 1 big drop set

Standing Calf Raise - 3 working sets (last set finished with jumping using calves only and then body weight raises)
    Seated Raise - 3 working sets

Tricep Push Downs - 3 Working sets (all with a 50% drop set)
    Hammer Strength Extension Machine - 3 working sets

I threw some side delt work int here today because I train delts on friday and I am recovering so quickly ATM. So quickly i could hit each bodypart twice a week at full intensity...
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Had a great Chest Biceps and Calves session just!

Flat DB Press - 3 working sets (best set 50kg DB's for 8 reps 110 lbs)
    Incline Hammer Press - 3 working sets

Side Laterals - 3 sets to failure - 1 big drop set

Standing Calf Raise - 3 working sets (last set finished with jumping using calves only and then body weight raises)
    Seated Raise - 3 working sets

Tricep Push Downs - 3 Working sets (all with a 50% drop set)
    Hammer Strength Extension Machine - 3 working sets

I threw some side delt work int here today because I train delts on friday and I am recovering so quickly ATM. So quickly i could hit each bodypart twice a week at full intensity...
    You must be taking something good!

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    You must be taking something good!
    Yes sir

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

My lunch for today

24oz chicken breast
    300g WM pasta
    200g Green Beans

35g nuts

Will eat this over two or three sittings

Few quick pics from this morning... Taken on my iPod so not great...

I am now entering the 10th week of my cycle

My new favorie toy....

This rice cooker cots me £16....bargain.

Got It because I hate cooking brown rice, but with this this it's easy and quick.

Just put one part rice to 3 parts water (for brown rice) turn it on and it will turn onto keep warm when done...

This is my second one, the first was huge and I use it for cooking at parties, but this one is perfect for a few meals.

And this is my spicy tomato brow basmati rice

Rice, tomato ketchup, dried chilli, garlic... Easy!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    You keep transforming right before us......and I still say a cook book is on the way......
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

oscarjones is offline Banned
    Give me all your recipes!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    You keep transforming right before us......and I still say a cook book is on the way......
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarjones View Post
    Give me all your recipes!

I may have to put a thread together at some time

Good stuff here bro. How much size you gonna add before you cut again?

Good stuff here bro. How much size you gonna add before you cut again?
    Not officially going to cut any time soon... Im not too fussed about looking a bit soft for now...

I will however be doing a prime before my next cycle, whenever that will be.

I wanna focus and get some size on my frame before I worry too much about staying lean. I think bouncing forwards and backwards will end up getting me nowhere. I know I have lots of room to grow and TBH would rather fill out a bit more before I decide to cut down.

I would love to stick with a plan of growing for 18 months and see how much size I can actually put on my frame with the help of some heavy AAS cycles. But I think I will get distracted if my BF gets too high. I plan to add some more cardio after this 10th week as I am dropping a compound and think it will help me to stop from gaining too much fat.

Im happy with how strong I am, im happy with the weight increase even tho I have gained some fat. Im looking to make big changes over the next 2 years and think staying lean and gaining slowly, being scared of adding BF will slow me down.

Whats your thoughts?

Not officially going to cut any time soon... Im not too fussed about looking a bit soft for now...

I will however be doing a prime before my next cycle, whenever that will be.

I wanna focus and get some size on my frame before I worry too much about staying lean. I think bouncing forwards and backwards will end up getting me nowhere. I know I have lots of room to grow and TBH would rather fill out a bit more before I decide to cut down.

I would love to stick with a plan of growing for 18 months and see how much size I can actually put on my frame with the help of some heavy AAS cycles. But I think I will get distracted if my BF gets too high. I plan to add some more cardio after this 10th week as I am dropping a compound and think it will help me to stop from gaining too much fat.

Im happy with how strong I am, im happy with the weight increase even tho I have gained some fat. Im looking to make big changes over the next 2 years and think staying lean and gaining slowly, being scared of adding BF will slow me down.

Whats your thoughts?
    It depends on your aas regimen really. With a constant cruise blast for a year or two I think your plan would work fine. However if you come off in between I see possible issues. The main one being that once you have a higher bf your body tends to gain fat over muscle with any sort of calorie surplus. So overeating during pct could still result in muscle loss but add to fat gain. If you are lean going into pct then adding some fat will not be a problem. The other issue with pct is that I have seen (almost) everybody lose muscle during pct but I have yet to see someone lose fat. This means that putting on fat during cycles can be bad because it will just compound during pct, unlike muscle which will disappear. There are, of course, many guys who just bulk straight and never worry about fat until its time to cut it off and you could definitely do that. I just think that the guys who stay relatively lean do better when it comes time to cut because there body is used to having a low bf and doesn't have to make the switch.
    The other thing that you could do would be to bridge in between cycles with some gh and with a heavy pct. With some gh I can definitely see you keeping much more of your muscle mass and overeating will not be a problem.

With (what appears to be) your long term plans, I think growing for 2 years is a good idea and the yoyo of trying to stay lean will be counterproductive. I just would caution about getting too high in bf because your body does things that I can't really explain too well (prioritize fat gain over muscle but idk why) and also leads to a misleading perception of how much lbm you have. The less time spent cutting the better imo. I would also not go too heavy with the aas out the gate or you will burn out early and end up maxing out in a year. I wouldn't even add gh yet; only about 1-3ius during pct and until bloodwork shows everything is normal then stop.

You know much more than me about aas though but these are just my thoughts on the human body. So tell me if I am off base anywhere.

I agree with all you have said twist...

Unfortunately I cannot justify paying for GH ATM

Calories are certainly going to have to drop during my off time and I agree and understand the whole process where the body partitions calories dependent on your physical condition.

I think the way forward for me may be to throw in mini cut/primes here and there...'I actually think if anything they simply help to springboard you past a plateau anyway and hopefully at the same time drop a little BF and keep it under controll.

I have seen guys at the gym who I thought were fat be that way for years, then diet down and in 12 weeks come in ripped for a BB show. Interesting

As for the AAS and dosage, you would be shocked at what people actually do in comparison to what they advise.

Thx for ur input, always great to have your opinion and im sure I will take something away from this.

I'll be following your transformation bro. I'm always tuned in here and I'm sure I'll be hitting you up for some cycle advice soon. I've put together like six so far but marcus or someone always talks me out of it lol.

mperk is offline Member
    hey bro, nice pics - you have made huge improvements in the last few months. nohomo but you chest looks great, keep hitting it the way u are because its working. nice definition showing up on the dlets too. Twist made some good points. I think u have a good plan to grow for 2 years and then cut. as long as you stay relatively lean, yu should have no problem during pct. i did the bulk and cut thing with the bf going up and down and it was counterproductive. IMO you are better to gain as much as possible (with a lean, smart diet - no juck food) and then maintainthat for a while. i found that during the mainatence phase I still lost bf but kept the weight and size. you might want to look into peptides igf frag for a cycle of so.

good work bro - keep it up!

I'll be following your transformation bro. I'm always tuned in here and I'm sure I'll be hitting you up for some cycle advice soon. I've put together like six so far but marcus or someone always talks me out of it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by mperk View Post
    hey bro, nice pics - you have made huge improvements in the last few months. nohomo but you chest looks great, keep hitting it the way u are because its working. nice definition showing up on the dlets too. Twist made some good points. I think u have a good plan to grow for 2 years and then cut. as long as you stay relatively lean, yu should have no problem during pct. i did the bulk and cut thing with the bf going up and down and it was counterproductive. IMO you are better to gain as much as possible (with a lean, smart diet - no juck food) and then maintainthat for a while. i found that during the mainatence phase I still lost bf but kept the weight and size. you might want to look into peptides igf frag for a cycle of so.

good work bro - keep it up!
    Thanks guys

Yeh peps are in the back of my mind TBH.... Considering having a dabble some time soon.

IMO during PCT is a good time to introduce peps such as GH of IGF-1 to help you maintain size and possibly lean out a little.

I just can justify the money. Im not poor but to run HGH at a decent dose for a decent period i would seriously have to change my life, which I do not want to do

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    good work, what training method have you been using? or did i miss that

mperk is offline Member
    hey i forgot to ask - how do you take pics with your iphone with out holding it? u have a timer app?

Quote Originally Posted by l2elapse View Post
    good work, what training method have you been using? or did i miss that
    Quote Originally Posted by mperk View Post
    hey i forgot to ask - how do you take pics with your iphone with out holding it? u have a timer app?
    training method is pretty much a HIT style routine but with a little more volume than a full on HIT/DC routine...

It does depend on the bodypart and I actually like to train different body parts if different ways

Following a 4'day split training each muslce group once per week with a few exceptions (do extra medial delts on chest day, do some extra back on a Sunday (pullups))

And as for the pics I get my GF or someone else to take them.... Simple LOl

Bump for an update.

And I need some cooking tips. LOL.

Picked up a whole beef tenderloin today, planning on cutting it into 2" steaks and grilling them on a charcoal Weber. Super high heat to seer the meat at first and then I'll choke the air flow off to slow cook it until done.

I have a bunch of marinades that I use on my lean cuts that I eat during the week but I don't want to cover up the flavor of this meat - I just want to enhance it. Any ideas on rubs or other to really bring out the flavor? Extra fat or cals doesn't really matter as I'll just be eating it as a cheat meal once a week on weekends.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    ^^ I've been living off of pot roast lately... using a lean-ish top sirloin most of the time. Add some potatoes, small amount of carrots and onions, beef stock, salt, pepper, and garlic rubbed into the meat. Cook in the crock pot for 8 hours and BAM!!!

Update....

12'weeks into a 15 week cycle...

Currently about 200 lbs...

Goals are to keep growing until 2013 where I may do a show in September...

So between now and then it's lots of food, lots of gear and a few min cuts/primes...

Going to try and keep body fat in check as much as possible but will allow the extra calories intot he diet to grow and be strong...

As for your beef fillet....

Marinade in oil fresh Rosemary, garlic, and pepper for a few hours....

Add salt just b4 it goes on the BBQ

2 inch fillets your looking at 4 mins per side if you can get your BBQ seriously hot for a nice medium rare!

Push all the coals up to one end and cook there... Super hot untill they are done! This is what creates the flavour.... Baste with butter surfing cooking...

Cook for 2 mins and turn 90 degrees cook for anothe 2 mins... Flip and repeat...

Gd luck!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    "Baste with Base"

......a potential book title......
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    "Baste with Base"

......a potential book title......
    HAHA slim....

Your convinced arnt ya'

Update....

12'weeks into a 15 week cycle...

Currently about 200 lbs...

Goals are to keep growing until 2013 where I may do a show in September...

So between now and then it's lots of food, lots of gear and a few min cuts/primes...

Going to try and keep body fat in check as much as possible but will allow the extra calories intot he diet to grow and be strong...

As for your beef fillet....

Marinade in oil fresh Rosemary, garlic, and pepper for a few hours....

Add salt just b4 it goes on the BBQ

2 inch fillets your looking at 4 mins per side if you can get your BBQ seriously hot for a nice medium rare!

Push all the coals up to one end and cook there... Super hot untill they are done! This is what creates the flavour.... Baste with butter surfing cooking...

Cook for 2 mins and turn 90 degrees cook for anothe 2 mins... Flip and repeat...

Gd luck!

Will be interesting to see your progression over the long term. Keep it up and good luck - I'll follow this for sure.

The filet was phenomenal, melted in my mouth. Thanks man.

I've been trying not to look at this thread because I was gonna wait a couple months then look for pics but I can't help it lol.

I will see if I can get some pics this week...

I don't have a set training partner ATM so may not be able to get any. It's hit and miss

I can tell you hat my most improvements have been in the delt area... At least that is what I see.

BF has gone up slightly but I think some bloat is effecting that look as well...

I look fairly lean some mornings when I wake up

The plan is to get off this cycle and do my PCT, get BW 6 weeks after and do a 4ish week prime to get me ready for my next cycle.

looking forward to pics/next cycle and following your prime.

I might even prime at the same time as you for a cycle but that's only if my stomach gets worked out.
    Last edited by Twist; 08-09-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: add

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    baseline, can't wait to see where this thread goes. glad to see that you are competing in two years, you definitely have the mind set to do so and the work ethic. keep it up and continue to post recipes!

Thanks for the support... Both of you.

I am excited as well

The competition is a long term goal... And it will only go ahead if I'm happy to do so...

I need to sit down and set out a long term plan for the next 24 months

I think I'm going to do some kind of blast and cruse with my training mainly revolving around intensity.

Now that I am settled into this 'HIT/Yates' style routine I am going to begin logging all of my lifts in a note book and will be aiming to make progression each week... Going into PCT this is going to be hard/ impossible but better to try and fail than accept failure without even trying...

Last shot 2moro.... Dbol will be back in for the final 2 weeks then 6 weeks of PCT

Looking forward to pics as well! Keep it up big fella, sounds like we have a beast in the making!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Looking forward to pics as well! Keep it up big fella, sounds like we have a beast in the making!
    Haha duno about that m8.... Maybe just maybe... I still don't think I have the genetics for it tho... I think I gain weight quickly but the fat comes as well even if I'm really strict... Then I hit a wall with the weight gain and then if I push cals up even higher I begin to gain BF....

At the min im eating about 3500/4000 cals per day but weight gain is almost dead.... this is a learning curve for me tho...'I'm learning how my body responds to AAS' and I realise that even on a long ester my gains slow at about week 9/10.

I honestly think the answer is a Blast cruse type of training/AAS' regime

Maybe I can blast and cruse my way to where Marcus is now that would be nice LOL

Haha duno about that m8.... Maybe just maybe... I still don't think I have the genetics for it tho... I think I gain weight quickly but the fat comes as well even if I'm really strict... Then I hit a wall with the weight gain and then if I push cals up even higher I begin to gain BF....

At the min im eating about 3500/4000 cals per day but weight gain is almost dead.... this is a learning curve for me tho...'I'm learning how my body responds to AAS' and I realise that even on a long ester my gains slow at about week 9/10.

Maybe I can blast and cruse my way to where Marcus is now that would be nice LOL
    Why would you want to be senile?

Seriously though, this game is a learning curve for 99% of people in it, including many pro's. We're always trying new things, seeing how or body responds to this stimuli or that type of food or what have you. When you find something that works, stick with it until it stops working IMO!

With any luck I may be joining you on cycle pretty soon.

What weight are you stuck at?

Can seem to break the 200 lbs Mark while on cycle.... I think I just have to bite the bullet and eat more carbs

I weighed myself thismorning (day after lower carb day) and since I have dropped out a compound disappointingly my weight is down about 8 lbs.... Down to about 191/192

Going to start watching the scale a bit more from now on

That's a big drop for not even coming off yet isn't it? Must have been holding a lot of water? DOubt you dropped muscle in that amount of time while still on. Yeah bro if you are low carbing it and only on test gains will be a minimum. Next cycle you will probably break it.

Maybe if you are at a sticking point, have you tried cycling off the hit type training? maybe its time for a change there?
    Last edited by Twist; 08-11-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Bump!

Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Bump!
    Pics?
    If i get the chance this week I will get some

Obviously as im a week into my PCT I 'Feel' like in getting smaller LOL Not a great feeling TBH

But still making progress the gym which is good

One thing I have learnt is that after about 6-7 weeks my progression slows down (while on AAS)....

This makes sense TBH, the body cannot continue to progress without 'deloads' or breaks...

I have decided that from now on i will be keeping my AAS' cycles shorter and will see how I go (6-8 weeks), even with longer esters... I will simply run higher dosages.

The plan going forward it to continue gaining weight throughout PCT (6 weeks total), then at some point do a prime for another cycle

Thread Information