My delts are killing form training them on friday, so are my Bi's

Barbell Press
    Wide Upright rows
    Side raises superset with wide upright rows
    BArbell curls
    DB Concentration curls
    Incline curls

30 mins of intervals. 3 off 1 on

My weight this moring is 184.4. It seems to have stayed there for a few a week now. Wondering if this is to do with mssing those two cardio session or my scales being a bit sticky. Probably not. I will check weight again on Tuesday when the missed cardio will have been done (just need to add one extra session today)

If the weight remains the same im going to do what I said I wouldnt do and take 40g of carbs out of my PWO meal (thus droping my cals for the day by a little over 160), I may also drop my protein intake slightly by simply removing 4 oz of chicken over the whole day. This makes my chicken meals 7oz and drops cals by a further 130 which will put me at 290 cals lower than where I am now.

I may also change the intervals up a bit so that they are 2 off 1 on, or simply add an extra 15 mins of Low intensity cardio to them.

I think I will go for option 2, add the LIC to the end for 15 mins. This will ad an extra 45 mins of LIC per week. Any geeks wanna tell me aprox how many cals that is. Im thinking around 300, maybe a bit less.

I have planned to add cardio rather than cut carbs but I dont want to add too much cardio too quickly as im already doing a lot.

tjax03 is offline Associate Member
    Great log man. I love the attention to detail and the photos of your food is a great addition. I can see some progress between your first pics and 10 days later. It looks like you have dropped alot of the water you were carrying. To me, that means you are doing something right. I know that when I diet, if the water is still there I won't be losing any fat, so good job so far.

I am going to try those pancakes out today. I think I will add a little bit of vanilla extract for some flavor. Have you tried doing that? It should be calorie free to do so as any the little bit of alcohol in the extract will cook out with the heat. Or even better, you could add a small amount of fresh vanilla bean seeds. For a different taste you could also add some cinnamon. Anyways, good luck continuing the transformation. Keep up the hard work and you will get where you want to be.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by tjax03 View Post
    Great log man. I love the attention to detail and the photos of your food is a great addition. I can see some progress between your first pics and 10 days later. It looks like you have dropped alot of the water you were carrying. To me, that means you are doing something right. I know that when I diet, if the water is still there I won't be losing any fat, so good job so far.

I am going to try those pancakes out today. I think I will add a little bit of vanilla extract for some flavor. Have you tried doing that? It should be calorie free to do so as any the little bit of alcohol in the extract will cook out with the heat. Or even better, you could add a small amount of fresh vanilla bean seeds. For a different taste you could also add some cinnamon. Anyways, good luck continuing the transformation. Keep up the hard work and you will get where you want to be.
    Thanks for your support

I have used cinnamon in them and its nice

Vanilla would be nice

Ok so i have managed to get back on track with my cardio, im all upto date with no sessions missed.

I did the 2nd session that i missed this morning

Im going to see how my leg training os tonight and if all is well the cardio is going to go up to every day fasted in the mornings for 35 mins. ATM im doing it everyday except mondays because i train legs on the night

Carbs are probably going to be dropped by 30g PWO this week (4 days a week) and cardio may be pushed up to 45 mins in the mornings

ATM im eating around 75g carbs on none training days and 220 on trainig days

As promised, pictures take today, 25.01.11

Im now doing my cardio 7 days a week fasted int he mornings for 35 mins

I have just today dropped my carbs by 30g on training days. These carbs are to come from my PWO meal (-50g oats)

Weight is at 182.2 which is good. Progress is where I need it to be. Dropping carbs slightly to continue with the fat loss. I may add back in some of those carbs at a laiter date.

First pics -3 weeks.

Progress after 3 weeks shown below.

Progress after 3 weeks shown below

Trained chest and tri's 2nite

Benchpress
    Incline Hammer Press
    Decline BB Press

Tri Push Downs
    Floor Press
    2 armed Dumbell lying extensions

30 mins of intervals. Intervals are still 3 off 1 on. This may change at around the 6 week point to 2 off 1 on.

Energy is still up, training is still going well

I have only consumed 50g of oats PWO today instead of 100g. I plan to take 50g on less demanding days and 100g when training is more demanding..

Mon - 100g oats PWO (Legs)
    Tue - 50g oats PWO (Chest Tri)
    Thu - 100g oats PWO (Back)
    Fri - 50g oats PWO (Delts Bi)

This will further stagger my carbs which is good IMO

The diet will now stay like this. The next change will be adding 10 mins of cardio onto my morning fasted sessions to up them from 35 mins to 45 mins.

However I will probably not be doing that for a few weeks, maybe week 5 or even 6. We will just have to see how I feel, look and where my weight is at.

Diet is going perfect. I may begin to change my fat sources up a little just for convinience. Instead of making my dressing (posted on page one-you must try it ) I will use some almonds, walnuts and pecans a few days a week.

Nuts almost feel like a cheat.

Baselines top tip of the day

Smother ur nuts in salt and smoked paprica and roast them in the oven. This makes them even better. You can even add a little splender if you wish
    Last edited by baseline_9; 01-25-2011 at 05:14 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Base - you look like you're leaning out slowly, and I mean that in a good way. I say slowly, because if it were any faster you'd likely lose LBM, and you CLEARLY haven't. Dude, you have that base that i'm so envious of. When you shed the bodyfat, you're gonna be a big AND ripped mofo. I'm just gonna be a ripped skinny Bruce Lee build lookin mofo... so KUDOS, keep going strong mate!

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    bruce lee looked awesome. Great Job, Base, keep on keeping on.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Base - you look like you're leaning out slowly, and I mean that in a good way. I say slowly, because if it were any faster you'd likely lose LBM, and you CLEARLY haven't. Dude, you have that base that i'm so envious of. When you shed the bodyfat, you're gonna be a big AND ripped mofo. I'm just gonna be a ripped skinny Bruce Lee build lookin mofo... so KUDOS, keep going strong mate!
    Cheers

LOL at the bruce le coment
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    bruce lee looked awesome. Great Job, Base, keep on keeping on.
    Thanks for the support

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Great log mate will follow keep it up

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Like the log brother.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJoe View Post
    Great log mate will follow keep it up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    Like the log brother.
    thankyou both

Just worked out my aproximate macros for the week

Fat Pro Carb Cal

Mon - 80 362 225 3068

Tue - 77 354 200 2909

Wed - 70 320 65 2175

Thu - 80 362 225 3068

Fri - 77 354 200 2909

Sat - 70 320 145 2395 ( Cheat meal this day so I cut out all my aditional fat sources. No Oil or nuts in the day. That then alows me 40g of fat in my cheat meal , I also alow for around 80g of carbs in my cheat meal )

Sun - 70 320 65 2175

Calories average out at around 2685 a day which is still nice and high considering I have been loosing 2 lbs a week. I am glad the cals are remaining over 2500 on average tho.

Food sources are;

Oats
    Chicken Breast
    Egg Whites
    Whey Concentrate
    Olive Oil
    Pecans, Walnuts, Almonds
    Raspberrys, Lemon Juce
    Salad, Litte Gem, Iceberg, Romanian

Salt, Pepper, Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Shallots, Garlic, Ginger

That is it pretty much

Just to outline it I will post my training schedule again below as it has changed slightly

Mon - AM Fasted LIC 35 mins. PM Legs Calves. PWO 30 Mins Intervals (3off 1on)

Tue - AM Fasted LIC 35 mins. PM Chest Triceps. PWO 30 Mins Intervals (3off 1on)

Wed - AM Fasted LIC 35 mins. PM 35 Mins LIC

Thu - AM Fasted LIC 35 mins. PM Back. PWO 30 Mins Intervals (3off 1on)

Fri - AM Fasted LIC 35 mins. PM Delts Biceps. PWO 30 Mins Intervals (3off 1on)

Sat - AM Fasted LIC 35 mins

Sun - AM Fasted LIC 35 mins

*All fasted cardio is preseeded by a 30g Whey Concentrate Shake in water
    *All PWO cardio preseeds an intra workout drink containing 40g Dextrose, 10g BCAA'a and 5g Creatine (This is drunk at the begining of my weight session). I also consume another drink during my cardio session (mostly at the begining) containing 5g BCAA's and 5g Glutamine
    *Weight Training style is kind of low to moderate volume, high intensity, fairly short rest times, some drop sets, some negatives

I may begin to add a little more volume into my training routine and do basic straight pyramid sets to shock my system a little
    Last edited by baseline_9; 01-26-2011 at 04:49 PM.

JustDoIt12 is offline Junior Member
    bro, big ups to you. you are very meticulous and your dedication will pay off in the long run. i just dont have the time or patience to pinpoint everything like that. my overall demeaner is work out hard and eat right.. not much more thought than that goes into what i do.

Quote Originally Posted by JustDoIt12 View Post
    bro, big ups to you. you are very meticulous and your dedication will pay off in the long run. i just dont have the time or patience to pinpoint everything like that. my overall demeaner is work out hard and eat right.. not much more thought than that goes into what i do.
    Im a kind of all in guy

If im not putting in 100% I dont see the point

I have a clear vision in my mind where I want to be and nothing is going to stop me getting there.

I believe that you must be meticulous, especially when dieting, even more so when you are dieting naturally as I am

And thanks

Im having my cheatmeal for this week tonight

Going out for some tapas at a spanish place, cnt w8

No added fats for me today. I will count on the cheat meal bumping my fat intake up

On my bike again, im just in the routine now, it doeant bother me.

I actually quite like the time to myself so i can get on here and check a few threads and update this one

Foot is pretty much 100% now, still taking it a little easy on calves tho

Me and my training partner have decided that we are going to shock our bodys for the next 4 weeks with a shit load of volume

Looking at around 16 sets for small body parts, 20 sets for medium and 25 for large

Im not a big fan of high volume training but I think it can be used as a tool to shock the body a little

Bqck session last night

Wide pull downs
    Smith machine horizontal pull ups ( layne norton style)
    Close grip machine row
    Smith shrugs
    Hammer shrug machine
    Leg raises

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Following this thread everyday.
    Looking well in the pics!
    Keep up the solid work bro....

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    Following this thread everyday.
    Looking well in the pics!
    Keep up the solid work bro....
    Thanks for following and the support

Cheat meal was a good one. Oh boy it was LOL

Bread with cheese and parma ham
    Calamari
    Chicken wings
    Lamb kofta
    Tzaziki
    Seafood paella
    Potatoes in tomato sauce
    Chick peas with spinach and feta cheese

And to top it all off a big fat tripple chocolate sunday

TBH that was not a lot of food for me, i was defo full after the pudding tho

Its not like me to eat pudding, i only ate the pudding because i wasnt stuffed from the tapas LOL

My glycogen stores are defo full

Tomorrow morning im going to do 35 mins of cardio but im going to kill it, throw in some out of the seat sprints on the spin bike, im going to make the whole 30 mins hell on earth. I may even throw in and extra 10 mins of LIC on the end of it aswell.

No need to do LIC guys if ur not depleted, take full advantage and do high intensity cardio to burn as many calories as possible and try to create more of an EPOC at the same time

Training was good tonight, delts and bi's

Machine press
    Seated DB side laterals
    2 of my own rear delt movements that I will explain at another time

BB curls
    DB concentration curls
    Machine preacher curls

Hanging leg raises

I am going to begin training my abs 4 times a week!

It sounds drastic but i prefer doing only a fee sets for abs at a time ( 4-5 sets of hanging leg raises) and in the past when I was leaner i found training them more often gave me a better looking mid section.

Im not sure why, maybe because they are always in a state of repair, IDK but all I do know is that it has worked for me in the past so im going to give it a bash now and see how it goes

I do not train obleques and i think anyone who isolates obleques is taking a backwards step in creating the look that they want.

Squats DL's Rows and overhead presses all hit ur abs and obleques well anyway, no need to pack on size around ur waist.

For anyone who now isolates obleques, especially with weight I would reccomend spending that time working ur TVA with vacumes planks and some posing. IMO these are all great ways to create that look we are all after

mperk is offline Member
    Nice work dude - just found your log - looks like you have made some great progress in a few weeks. Really nice base to work with also - cuts starting to show. you might want to look into adding 20 mins HIIT at night if you hit a plateau. Keep it up mate!

Quote Originally Posted by mperk View Post
    Nice work dude - just found your log - looks like you have made some great progress in a few weeks. Really nice base to work with also - cuts starting to show. you might want to look into adding 20 mins HIIT at night if you hit a plateau. Keep it up mate!
    Cheers

Im not a big fan of HIIT

If you do it properly you will be hurting for a few days after. IMO its not really a BBing friendly form of cardio

Stay tuned

Baselines top tip of the day

Top tip from Baseline

Do not worry about how much weight you use or how many reps you perform.

Why do I say this?

Well I trained delts yesterday just like any other week. Hit my delts hard, including a few drop sets and a few rest pauses. A pretty intense workout as always.

However when I got home I decided to fill 2 flasks up with water (around 1KG) and do 10 mins of side laterals, bent over slightly to isolate the medial head further more.

I basically did as many perfect reps as I could and then rested for 20ish seconds and repeated. I did this for round 10 mins with just the flasks of water.

Now today my medial head is killing. I can never usually drill my side head to make me feel it the next day. It just shows that isolating and really thinking about the muscle group you are trying to work does help you to maximally stimulate that muslce.

Another tip is to make sure when doing side lateralls do not stand upright. If you do stand upright it is too easy for your front delt and even chest to take over without you even realising.

Instead bend over slightly and you will really hit the medial head that much harder. You can do this sitting on a bench and leaning onto ur legs slightly, reasting ur stomach on ur thighs.

Remember if you are moving into an upright position and cannot keep leaning over, the weight is too heavy. Dont let ur ego come into play here, drop the weight and use the medial head that you should be isolating

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Top tip from Baseline

Do not worry about how much weight you use or how many reps you perform.

Why do I say this?

Well I trained delts yesterday just like any other week. Hit my delts hard, including a few drop sets and a few rest pauses. A pretty intense workout as always.

However when I got home I decided to fill 2 flasks up with water (around 1KG) and do 10 mins of side laterals, bent over slightly to isolate the medial head further more.

I basically did as many perfect reps as I could and then rested for 20ish seconds and repeated. I did this for round 10 mins with just the flasks of water.

Now today my medial head is killing. I can never usually drill my side head to make me feel it the next day. It just shows that isolating and really thinking about the muscle group you are trying to work does help you to maximally stimulate that muslce.

Another tip is to make sure when doing side lateralls do not stand upright. If you do stand upright it is too easy for your front delt and even chest to take over without you even realising.

Instead bend over slightly and you will really hit the medial head that much harder. You can do this sitting on a bench and leaning onto ur legs slightly, reasting ur stomach on ur thighs.

Remember if you are moving into an upright position and cannot keep leaning over, the weight is too heavy. Dont let ur ego come into play here, drop the weight and use the medial head that you should be isolating
    Will be keeping this in mind thursday

I have made an educated decision to revert back to my original plan and keep sunday a complete rest day.

My legs feel trained today from the high intensity sprints on the bike yesterday and TBH I think it is probably wise to keep one day as a complete rest day.

Good for body, good for mind

To replace the lost 35 mins of cardio I am going to extend all other LIC sessions up to 40 mins. This equates to 40 mins per week.

Just keeping you guys up to date.

A few pics for you guys. These pics are in the morning before any food or drink. I look better in the morning because im slightly de-hydrated. Just a few teaser pics realy. The waist is getting smaller im sure of it. Im looking past the fat and seeing a small waist which is exactly what I want.

And this is how I wanna look guys. Do you like my fancey editing work LOL

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Keep it up Baseline, we have a Brit that wins member of the year now lets get a Brit winning this...

Your definitely the man to beat....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Keep it up Baseline, we have a Brit that wins member of the year now lets get a Brit winning this...

Your definitely the man to beat....
    Yeh baby!!!

thanks for the support, it keeps me going hard

Another day, another cardio session. My first 40 min session

Gonna be ramping the training up a few this week with the introduction of increased volume. Big compound lifts with some light isolation thrown in at the end

Tonight is legs. Im thinking;

Smith machine squatts (wanna stay upright and really drill quads)
    Leg press
    Romanian DL or standard DL
    Lying leg curls
    Seated hammer leg curls
    Glute ham raises (maybe)
    Leg extensions
    Seated calf raise
    Standing or donkey calf raise

And then some hanging leg raises for abs if i can

Fat source has been 60g of pecans and walnuts for the last week now. Gona keep it the same as its nice to have the nuts, almost a mini cheat

25th 182.2
    31st 180.8

1.4 lbs in 6 days. That is good, where i wanna be

9za4ck4 is offline Associate Member
    been following, awesome log nice progress as well

Quote Originally Posted by 9za4ck4 View Post
    been following, awesome log nice progress as well
    Cheers

benny_jerry is offline Junior Member
    Good effort baseline. Keep up the good work.

Cheers BJ

SO ive just trained legs

And who ever sid pussies squat in the smith machine

DAMM, my quads are on fire, I really liked them more than I can ever Imagine. Really drilled into my quads. Its nice to be able to go to failure and then have a spotter help to lift you up. I actually did a few sets with negative reps at the end this way. Really good

Smith machine squat
    Leg Press
    Seated Leg Curls
    Lying Leg Curls
    Dumbell Leg curls
    Seated calf raise
    Standing calf raise

Nice workout, I actually feel stoned now just sitting down. I am that nackered its unreal LOL

Need to get off to bed and rest for my AM cardio session

Its been decided that this weeks cheat meal is going to be;

roasted sweet garlic,thyme and mascarpone risotto with toasted almonds and breadcrumbs
    Creme Brulee

Stay Tuned

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I can see a real transformation in the photos now. Keep doing what you are doing. It's working!

Cheers slim

So today my quads are killing from the smith machine squats. I will defo be running with them for a few weeks. Please try them. Check out my thread in the lifting technique section to see how to do them well.

Felt a bit nackerd this morning. I need more sleep. Gonna try n get to bed for 10pm 2nite. For a 6.15 wake up.

40 mins of cardio feels fine. It goes faily quickly if i have some threads to respond to on here, so please leave me questions etc.. For me to reply to

Dr. Zoidberg is offline Female Member
    Hey Base! Your latest pics look great! Your waist is really slim now-- (nice angle on the package, too!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Zoidberg View Post
    Hey Base! Your latest pics look great! Your waist is really slim now-- (nice angle on the package, too!)

LOL thanks for the support

As far as the second comment IDK why it looks like that LOL, maybe I had some funkey time before the pics were taken LOL

Too much detail? HAHA

Didnt manage to get off to bed early last night, had to cook my chicken after the gym

So i was done over when i had to get up to do my cardio. Got through it tho and there is no gym 2nite so I plan on doing my cardio eating and hopefully going to bed at 9.45

Diet is going fine, kind of felt hungry yesterday afternoon

I have a nice long weekend this week with friday and monday off so im looking forward to that, some nice rest

Not long now untill my cheat meal, half way there, i cant wait to actually cook some good food that i can eat

Last week I cooked my GF a single portion size lasagne, god i could have eaten 3 of them in about 20 mins LOL

Looking forward to getting my pics up on thursday, cnt w8 to see the progress people have made. I need to scope out the competition....

Fireguy, im watching you closely

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread Information