Obone is offline Junior Member

Cutting Diet Help

Gents,
    Would you please have a look at my diet below. I need some help getting this dialed in.

Weight 210
    Height 5'10''
    BF 17% -- Want to get to about 10%
    TDEE 3161
    Cycle
    600 mg Sust / Week
    400 mg EQ /W
    on 3rd week of Dbol kick start
    Clen 100mcg 2 weeks on 2 weeks off

Total of 12 week cycle - Nova and clomid PCT.

8 AM - Syntha 6 or Myofusion Shake - 44/30/12
    10 AM - Chicken Breast 5 oz - 40/0/10
    12 PM - Talapia 6 oz , Salad, Broccoli.
    3 PM - Chicken Breast 5 oz - 40/0/10
    4 PM - NO Shotgun - 18/0/Doesnt say but has to have some fat.
    Workout
    6 PM - Syntha 6 or Myofusion Shake - 44/30/12
    7 PM - Chicken Breast 5 oz
    10 PM - Syntha 6 or Myofusion Shake - 44/30/12
    10:30 Bed

Work outs
    Mon - Chest Tris
    Tues - Back Bis
    Wed - Legs
    Thurs - Shoulders
    Friday - Arms (Lagging part)
    Sat - Rest
    Sun - Rest

1RM -
    Bench 325
    Squat 405 x5 have not 1RM
    Dead 405 x2 have not 1 RM

Have not had any steady cardio. I was going to start new years.. Apparently so has everyone else and I said F it when there are people waiting inline for cardio machines. I plan on doing stairmill 15 mins after weight training. 5 days a week.

Thanks for the help in advance. Hope I gave all necessary info. Please let me know if there is any other info you need to help me get on the right track.
    Last edited by Obone; 01-05-2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Forgot the Clen

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Total Macros and your TDEE would help a lot.

Looks like too many shakes, and you have very little EFAs in your diet.

What do you plan on doing for cardio?

D7M,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have edited my post above to reflect TDEE and Cardio Plan.

Shakes - One for breakfast - Just cause it is easy. Limited time in the mornings. One PWO. and one before bed.

EFA, I would like some thoughts on how much and when.

Thanks for your quick reply and help.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Obone View Post
    Gents,
    Would you please have a look at my diet below. I need some help getting this dialed in.

Weight 210
    Height 5'10''
    BF 17% -- Want to get to about 10%
    TDEE 3161
    Cycle
    600 mg Sust / Week
    400 mg EQ /W
    on 3rd week of Dbol kick start
    Clen 100mcg 2 weeks on 2 weeks off

Total of 12 week cycle - Nova and clomid PCT.

8 AM - Syntha 6 or Myofusion Shake - 44/30/12

I'd rather see real food here (egg whites + oats), but stay away from Syntha 6 - it's high fat crap. Myofusion is a better choice
    10 AM - Chicken Breast 5 oz - 40/0/10

And? No carbs? no fats? Not even veggies? Protein only meals aren't ideal

12 PM - Talapia 6 oz , Salad, Broccoli.

Better. Are you trying to run a quasi- keto diet?

3 PM - Chicken Breast 5 oz - 40/0/10

....pre workout meal and no carbs to fuel the workout?

4 PM - NO Shotgun - 18/0/Doesnt say but has to have some fat.
    Workout
    6 PM - Syntha 6 or Myofusion Shake - 44/30/12

No carbs PWO = big mistake

7 PM - Chicken Breast 5 oz

10 PM - Syntha 6 or Myofusion Shake - 44/30/12

How about casein, or real food

10:30 Bed

Work outs
    Mon - Chest Tris
    Tues - Back Bis
    Wed - Legs
    Thurs - Shoulders
    Friday - Arms (Lagging part)
    Sat - Rest
    Sun - Rest

1RM -
    Bench 325
    Squat 405 x5 have not 1RM
    Dead 405 x2 have not 1 RM

Have not had any steady cardio. I was going to start new years.. Apparently so has everyone else and I said F it when there are people waiting inline for cardio machines. I plan on doing stairmill 15 mins after weight training. 5 days a week.

Thanks for the help in advance. Hope I gave all necessary info. Please let me know if there is any other info you need to help me get on the right track.
    I'm way busy with the remote trainer challenge, but couldn't pass this one up. I'm only commenting on your diet, and honestly I hate it! It's basically a protein only diet. Hardly any carbs, hardly any fats - your body cannot live on protein alone. Where are you getting the 30g carbs in the shakes from? I use myofusion and I know it has only a few carbs.

IMO you need to completely rethink this diet, and until you know what you're doing, you shouldn't be running cycles (not being a dick, just telling you my honest opinion) - speaking of which, how old are you?

Gbrice,

I dont think you are being a dick.. I have seen many post on here and knew what I was getting into. Most people on here are just to the point and honest.
    I am 31. I have never really had a cutting diet before. One of the trainers I spoke with told me to try and stay near 100 carbs. And the best time for them was Morning pre and post work out. This is first stab at cutting. Before I had carbs in most of my meals. Ie. Sweet potatos, Jasmin rice, Brown Rice ect.

The carbs are in the Syntha 6. You are correct on myofusion if I remember correctly. It has less carbs than the Syntha. The syntha 6 has 15 carbs per scoop.

This is the reason I posted to get help. If I thought it was right I wouldn't have asked for help. I know you guys know your shit. I am wanting to get right.

Great attitude bro! =)

Ok, now that I have a better understanding of your goals - my first suggestion is still the same - drop the syntha-6. I agree with the person who told you that most carbs should be first thing in the morning and around your workout window, but I would rather see them coming from real food and not the crap they load protein powders with.

Based on stats, I have your TDEE figured at around 2600 calories/day - I think you'd do well with dropping to 2300 calories a day, but bro, you need to increase the cardio bigtime. 15 mins ain't sh!t !!

2300 calories/day, and I personally think carbs can still be higher then 100g, so long as they're eaten at the right times. I'd suggest:

270g protein = 1080 calories
    200g carbs = 800 calories
    40g fat = 360 calories

2240 calories. This is basically 1.5g protein/lb of LBM (175lbs), 15% of total calories coming from fats, and the rest carbs. DO MORE CARDIO!!!!

This is just my suggestion. You can easily get 200g of carbs in over the course of 3 meals, especially considering pre/pwo - i'd do 75g pre, 50g post, another 50g in your am meal, and then you'll get a random 25g from other foods throughout the day + veggies, etc - there's your 200g done right.

Gbrice,

I dont think you are being a dick.. I have seen many post on here and knew what I was getting into. Most people on here are just to the point and honest.
    I am 31. I have never really had a cutting diet before. One of the trainers I spoke with told me to try and stay near 100 carbs. And the best time for them was Morning pre and post work out. This is first stab at cutting. Before I had carbs in most of my meals. Ie. Sweet potatos, Jasmin rice, Brown Rice ect.

The carbs are in the Syntha 6. You are correct on myofusion if I remember correctly. It has less carbs than the Syntha. The syntha 6 has 15 carbs per scoop.

This is the reason I posted to get help. If I thought it was right I wouldn't have asked for help. I know you guys know your shit. I am wanting to get right.

Just to write it all down and ask a few questions.

8 am - 6 Egg whites, 1 cup oats 24/50/6
    10 am - 5 oz Chicken 40/0/10
    12 pm - Talapia 6 oz , Salad, Broccoli 40/6/6
    3 pm - 5 oz Chicken, 1.5 cup of Brown rice 47/68/13
    4 pm - NO Shotgun - 18/0/5
    4:45 Work out
    6:30 Work out over
    7 pm 5 oz Chicken, 1 cup brown rice 45/45/12
    9:30 pm Casin 2 scoops 48/8/1

Totals 262/177/53 Cals 2233

How does above look

AM meal - I friggin hate.. I do mean hate oatmeal.. Can I replace with anything.. Whole grain bread. Can I drink the oats in myofusion. Anything else that could fit that position for carbs

Casin - I have only tried the dymatize Elite Casin - It tastes like ground up Deer shit. Any suggestions on some good tasting Casin. Any whole foods to sub other than Cottage cheese? Or can chicken or other lean protein fit that bill?

EFA's - Where should I put those. I know not with carbs normally. So 10 am , 12pm and 9:30pm. How much ? should i do olive oil or Udos choice, Fish oil pills? or any other suggestions?

Again. Thanks for all of your help!

How does above look

Better, but still needs work (i.e. still chicken only meal, etc)

AM meal - I friggin hate.. I do mean hate oatmeal.. Can I replace with anything.. Whole grain bread. Can I drink the oats in myofusion. Anything else that could fit that position for carbs

I eat mine raw right in the myofusion shake, so yes, definitely. Otherwise, any other good clean complex carb - whole grain bread isn't the best choice (still processed) but better then nothing

Casin - I have only tried the dymatize Elite Casin - It tastes like ground up Deer shit. Any suggestions on some good tasting Casin. Any whole foods to sub other than Cottage cheese? Or can chicken or other lean protein fit that bill?

Dymatize whey tastes like shit too! I LOVE ON's (Optimum Nutrition) Casein - vanilla is my fav. I look forward to it every night.

EFA's - Where should I put those. I know not with carbs normally. So 10 am , 12pm and 9:30pm. How much ? should i do olive oil or Udos choice, Fish oil pills? or any other suggestions?

In your non carb meals, better in the evening but whatever works for your meal plan. Any healthy fat choice - avacado, fish oils, udo's are also great, nuts, nut butters, olive oil, etc

Np bro!

One last question if I could.
    What would be the most cardio I should do after workout to not get into muscle? and what about non workout days? Thanks again.

1 hour is fine, I wouldn't go longer. It can't be 1 hour of straight high intensity though. I'd recommend a 1/2 hour of intervals (med intensity for a few minutes with 45 second all out sprints, repeat for 30 seconds) and then another 30 of steady state @ med intensity.

One last question if I could.
    What would be the most cardio I should do after workout to not get into muscle? and what about non workout days? Thanks again.

fit_in_2010 is offline New Member

How does above look

I don't think you have enough fat in your diet at all. 5 oz of chicken breast doesn't have 10 grams of fat unless it is heavily marinated and covered in cooking oil. Just my thoughts. Try a couple tablespoons of almond butter with your protein shake before bed. It is amazing and tastes like you are cheating.

Also, 5 oz of chicken if more like 30 grams of protein. You may be underestimating protein grams by as much as 30 grams over the course of the 3 meals you are having chicken breast. Even if your cals actually did add up to 2233, an hour of cardio is going to burn 400 or so calories for a net intake of 1833. You should shed fat pretty quickly without the compounds you are taking. Keep a close eye on the scale. If you are losing too quickly, it may cost you some muscle mass.

Fit,
    Thank you for your input. I cant remember where I got those numbers for the chicken. I will re look them up.

What would be too fast on the weight loss?

Most things I've read say no more than 2-3 pounds a week. When I first started losing weight, the first couple weeks was 5 to 6 pounds both weeks. A lot of water weight loss at first. After that I lost 2-3 pounds a week. I've never ran any compounds so I have no experience when it comes to that. I was considering clen at one point so I was researching it a lot. I came across a post on this forum where the guy had to up his calories because he was losing muscle. I will try to find it and post the link. If you haven't started the clen yet, I would suggest to give that diet a try without the clen and see how it goes. I had more fat to lose, but I dropped 50 pounds in 6 months and stopped cutting at 75 pounds lost in 9 months with diet, cardio and weights only.

jngymrat is offline Associate Member
    good post, I agree with D7M. In the original post.

dvest8 is offline Associate Member
    I was looking for a cutting diet too. Obone I hope you don't mind me trying yours, sounds very doable.
    One question I have though, when it comes to the oats do you take them raw?
    I love oatmeal but I've always just dumped 1/2 cup into 1 cup of boiling water and stir for 4-5 mins.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Thread Information