lordworm88 is offline Junior Member

Help me fix up my diet

I'm trying to gain muscle and try to keep my fat low, so I pretty much want lean gains. This is my diet.

10:30am - first meal I usually have some fruits along with amino acids and a high carb shake.
    1:30pm - I have a lean turkey sandwich or ham(i clean off the fatty parts if it's ham, it depends what's available) along with low fat greek yogurt and water.
    4:30 - brown rice, chicken, turkey, fish, or steak, some veggies
    7:30 - protein shake with low carbs before workout
    I work out from 9pm to around 10pm
    10pm or 10:30 depending on when I get home I have another shot of amino acids along with the big shake of isopure 50g of protein and no fat or carbs

I usually go to sleep around 1:30AM and if I'm hungry I'll have another low carb shake and pretty much repeat this everyday.

I'm 22, my weight is 165, 5'9 height, 15% bodyfat (was hell getting down there from 18).
    Last edited by lordworm88; 01-07-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Also worth mentioning is my body retains fat and doesn't like keeping muscle, shitty genetics.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    i know you posted these in the other forum, but your stats are important in pretty much every question post.
    its slow in here today so keep checking back for replies

Will do, thanks for the help and the encouragement to stop the roiding lol.

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lordworm88 View Post
    I'm trying to gain muscle and try to keep my fat low, so I pretty much want lean gains. This is my diet.

10:30am - first meal I usually have some fruits along with amino acids and a high carb shake.
    Ok really you need some protein in here, whey being a start in a shake and also egg whites, for example 5 whites and 2 yellow. Also some oats for energy.
    1:30pm - I have a lean turkey sandwich or ham(i clean off the fatty parts if it's ham, it depends what's available) along with low fat greek yogurt and water.
    8oz chicken breast along with say some sweet potato or brown rice here. cut out the yoghurt for me
    I would move this to your 7.30 meal, and have your turkey breast or good protein with brown rice, you need the carbs for energy during workout.
    Have this at 4.30 maybe, but try for real food, you dont want too many shakes in your diet
    10pm or 10:30 depending on when I get home I have another shot of amino acids along with the big shake of isopure 50g of protein and no fat or carbs
    I think you would be better off with a casein shake, its slower releasing. Also maybe some cottage cheese here

I usually go to sleep around 1:30AM and if I'm hungry I'll have another low carb shake and pretty much repeat this everyday.

I'm 22, my weight is 165, 5'9 height, 15% bodyfat (was hell getting down there from 18).
    Ok above in bold iv have suggested some options for you, just like to say i am not an expert on the matter but have had a lot of help on my diet and am learning all the time. I think your diet need quite a bit of work if you are to gain some mass, its good that at 22 you are getting help with it now.

The reason you are not getting many replies is because people are busy with this transformation challenge thing we have going on right now. The like of gbrice, fireguy, twist and the guys will be able to help you a lot more than me. Just trying to set you on the right path mate

Best of luck

Thanks for the tips, I will note all of that.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    See bold

Quote Originally Posted by lordworm88 View Post

At 15% bodyfat, i'd still be concentrating on reducing it further, but obviously it's up to you. I'll make recommendations based on your goal, but I really think you should reconsider and continue cutting bodyfat, THEN add some lean mass.

If you have to have fruit, this is the time to have it. However, i'd prefer to see a more traditional 1st meal, like GT suggested, some eggs/whites, 1/2 cup oats, and i'd have berries instead of regular fruit.

Cold cuts are generally high sodium high preservative inferior protein sources. Not BBing food. Drop it for 4-6oz lean protein (chicken breast, turkey breast, white fish, etc) and a good complex carb (bread is a crappy choice). Greek yogurt is ok, but you need to use fat free PLAIN. Yea, it's boring - so sweeten it up with some splenda. The flavored stuff is loaded with sugar

All of this, or what?

No! This is where you WANT carbs! Energy to fuel your workout mate...

Another mistake. You need carbs here too, and i'm not worried about it being late since you don't go to bed for hours yet. At least 30g carbs PWO - better yet, just do the shake, then 30 mins later eat a real meal - lean protein + complex carb

Not just if you're hungry - DO have a shake before bed - casein would be your best choice (other then real food that is, i.e. cottage cheese, lean beef/steak, etc)

Honestly it's a pretty bad diet, it's all over the place. Suggestions in bold. Can't take this any further without seeing complete and accurate macros for each meal, so next time you post pls include them

Emperor9 is offline Associate Member
    dump that carb shake in the morning with fruit. (way too much sugar) eat more whole foods for protien (chicken,turkey ) and only have the protien shake after a workout.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've gone grocery shopping and I have a new diet now.

First meal: 4 egg whites, oatmeal
    Second: brown rice with fish or chicken
    Third: Protein shake? This one I'm not sure what to put in as I'm usually hungry every 3 hrs and I have about another meal before I go lift.
    Fourth: brown rice with another type of lean meat. Turkey, fish, or chicken.
    Gym time here.
    Fifth: Protein shake and amino acids.
    Sleep.

How's that? Anything I should add? I need some recommendations on the third meal, as suggested above I switched the third and fourth, taking in carbs before the workout and taking something with high protein and low carbs after the second meal.

Thread Information