blazerelf is offline Associate Member

Need some sugestion of protein or gainer shakes homemade substitutes.

As many have seen some suplements and shakes has risen their prices significantly, this may not be a problem for many but in my case it is.
    My budget is only 100$ im no pro bodybuilder or aiming to 200-250lb muscle or so im just regulr ectomorph guy who want to gain some pounds, im only 142lb 5,10" so u can tell im really skinny and well im just aiming to weight 160-175 but not of fat,huge belly or so but dicently lean.
    I use to use suplement which helped me alot i gained 22lb in about 1 year of lean muscle i didint even gain that mcuh fat or lsoe my abs in the process so it was going fine but as I said a while i ago my buget is 100$ with iit 20$ were to pay my gym and 75$+tax=80.25 to buy a 15lb huge shake which i would drink twice a day b4 and afetr workout and would endure the whole month was great, so as you see i spended 100.25$ e even more than my budget but 25 cent were not a problem to get :P
    It was the cheapest shake based on amount, serving size and time it tok to finish in the market that i know so far.
    Now it has raisen to 80%+tax=85.60 and that adds + my gym to105.60 this might sound liek cmmon itsj ust 5 dollars for many of you but moeeny doesnt fall from trees for me so their is no way i can get those extra 5 bucks si i cant aford a shake anymore aparently.
    from researches i have figured i need about 4000 calories to gain weight and the shake was about 1200 of the calories of my whole diet and i was eating 7 times a day so to replace those 1300 in food would be almost impossible, shake is liquid and easily drank but more solid food liek chicken or fish which are the highest in protein, i dont think i i could have handle 1300 calories based on that, beside eating ti again in lunch.
    So please if anyone know's a home made shake or something easy to ingest and compact please tell me

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Focus on carbs instead of protein. Get in your protein but also use carbs as the gainer. Protein is expensive, and necessary for muscle growth, but won't help much without carbs. most likely you are focusing too hard on protein and neglecting carbs, leaving your body with protein to use as its energy source.

Thread Information