Thread: Splenda

GS4
    GS4 is offline Junior Member

Splenda

Ok im getting ready to start my cutting phase, trying to stay away from sugar, very hard as you can imagine, I dont usually eat sugar items like cereal, cookies or ice cream, but I do add my share of splenda to my oats and my black coffee usually one packet, and was wondering what might be the pros and cons on this?

maxwkw is offline Associate Member
    As long as you don't overdo it it shouldn't be a big problem. However, I will let you know that splenda packets do in fact have calories. They have about 2 per packet (which means nothing, unless you're using a crazy amount of it).

So as long as you've never had a problem with it I don't see how 1 or 2 a day will hurt you.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Agreed with the above. I don't believe a bit of splenda (within reason) will hurt you - even beyond 1 or 2 packets. I add 3 packets to my oats alone, 2 to my coffee, and sometimes eat oats twice and have 2 cups of coffee.

jngymrat is offline Associate Member
    Spot on advice above, Splenda is from a sugar alcohol and really does nothing to the blood sugar at all, in fact it is very fast absorbing, but like gbrice said, you still want to use caution.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Agreed. I have cut all sugar from my diet and Splenda is the best tasting sweetner in my opinion.

Thread Information