Mitchell-999 is offline New Member

questions about losing fat/staying strong

hi, im just about to turn 19 years old. iv been into bodybuilding seriously for the last year. im benching 135kg for 1, and squating 180kg for a few etc.. i was thinking about going on steroids , but after reading alot of articles on here and other sites i convinced myself im too youg and producing enough test as i am. but now, being human and never being happy with what i look like/how strong i am. i want better. i want to reduce my body fat but still keep my size and strength. is this possible? i want to keep working on my power and increase my bench etc.. i want to strip carbs for some abs to push out and to lose my belly fat and hips. am i asking for too much?

my training is low reps, high weight on most exercises..
    my diet from now on is going to consist of tuna and whey protein and trying to squeeze in some steaks.. just that
    im also just starting to take body nutrition anavar . and considering winstol too.

is there a way through dieting to lose body fat, stay strong (if not stronger) and is relativley cheap and easy to follow? and i dont want to lose my 'shape'

any ideas and improvement will be greatly appreciated.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    It's definitely possible - bodybuilders do it all the time during contest prep. You may lose some 'size' - that could be water, bodyfat, etc. However, you can absolutely (slowly) reduce bodyfat while maintaining your current LBM. I wouldn't focus much on actually building new mass if you're serious about cutting. Make one or the other a priority (I don't mean strict cut or strict bulk, but rather just focus on one goal at a time - reducing bodyfat or adding LBM) and stick with it for 3 months, then reevaluate.

What are your stats? Can you post up any pics? It would be helpful to see where your current physique is at.

PS - kudos on the choice to stay off gear for now - you are definitely too young, it would be dangerous for you at this point, and you most likely haven't been in this long enough to have built a solid foundation.

thanks for the info mate!

atm, im about 14.5 stone, 6ft 2. and BF% i dont have a clue, but i thinks its relitivley high, maybe in the 20-30? :/
    il try get some pics today and upload them tomorow.

well, il be cutting seriously in march, but dont want as much Bf as i have now so it should make it easier when it comes to it.
    iv started walking uphill on a treadmill for an hour twice a week.. am i wasting my time or will it do good?

any ideas on type of diet? tuna and just tuna or maybe some other things i can take that i aint aware of?

cerealkiller326 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell-999 View Post
    thanks for the info mate!

atm, im about 14.5 stone, 6ft 2. and BF% i dont have a clue, but i thinks its relativitly high, maybe in the 20-30? :/
    il try get some pics today and upload them tomorrow.

well, il be cutting seriously in march, but dont want as much Bf as i have now so it should make it easier when it comes to it.
    iv started walking uphill on a treadmill for an hour twice a week.. am i wasting my time or will it do good?

any ideas on type of diet? tuna and just tuna or maybe some other things i can take that i aint aware of?
    March is not far as you seem, glad GB is helping you. +2 on not doing AAS, build naturally first.

What are your current diet now, time you eat, macros (protein/carb/fat/ cals), also the time you workout, and if your serious about cutting have to get into a habit of measuring your food.

14.5 stone-203lbs? BFT:20% LBM=162.5LBS TDEE:2437 cals
    14.5 stone-203lbs? BFT:30% LBM=142.1LBS TDEE:2131 cals

You should try to find out the correct BFT%, 20% and 30% is a huge difference.

Cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, and/or intense cardio for 30-45 minutes after your lifting is commonly done.

well, im not too strict on what i eat atm, as im still getting info to what i should be eating.
    usually. wake up at 6am, work at 7 am. tin of tuna with mayonase at 11pm and a double dose of whey protein. another tin of tuna with mayo at 2pm, home for 6pm. gym 7-8pm. then something random from then on with another shake. 24g protein each scoop of protein, 24g protein each tuna tin.

what you mean by the..

'14.5 stone-203lbs? BFT:20% LBM=162.5LBS TDEE:2437 cals
    14.5 stone-203lbs? BFT:30% LBM=142.1LBS TDEE:2131 cals'

how do i find out my bf?

if i do intense cardio, will i lose strength?

thanks for the info!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell-999 View Post
    well, im not too strict on what i eat atm, as im still getting info to what i should be eating.
    usually. wake up at 6am, work at 7 am. tin of tuna with mayonase at 11pm and a double dose of whey protein. another tin of tuna with mayo at 2pm, home for 6pm. gym 7-8pm. then something random from then on with another shake. 24g protein each scoop of protein, 24g protein each tuna tin.

what you mean by the..

'14.5 stone-203lbs? BFT:20% LBM=162.5LBS TDEE:2437 cals
    14.5 stone-203lbs? BFT:30% LBM=142.1LBS TDEE:2131 cals'

how do i find out my bf?

if i do intense cardio, will i lose strength?

thanks for the info!
    Get a skin fold caliper reading done - your gym should be able to do it. Ask for at least a 5 point, 7 - 9 would be better. That, and/or you can post up some pics here for an estimate.

Cardio - depends on too many factors bro, that's not an easily answered question. When are you doing cardio? what does your diet look like? Are you eating before cardio, or is it fasted? How intense are you going? What is your heart rate at? is it steady state or interval? etc etc etc..

meat&2veg is offline Associate Member
    This might help give you an idea of your BF% http://www.healthcentral.com/cholest...-2774-143.html
    Again just repeating what the other guys have put...Good choice not to start AAS at your age, do some more reading and get a good diet and you will be pleased you did! Good luck bro!

hey, what types of pics would be best? side/front views of stomach? tense or no tense?

i was thinking about getting some skin fold callipers myself, are they handy to have?

anyone got a good diet recomendation i could use? thats the main part i struggled on!

btw, just bench pressed 140kg (308lb)

thanks for the help guys!

jngymrat is offline Associate Member
    excellent advice by gb, also smart choice to stay away from the gear. Kudo's!!

Thread Information