Blacksrt42004 is offline Junior Member

Egg Beaters or real Eggs?

So I see a lot of posts where people talk about eating eggs but I haven't really seen anything about if it is better to have real eggs as opposed to Egg Beaters.

I know there are Egg Beaters (egg whites) anything wrong with them (nutrition wise) when compared to an actual egg?

And if it is preferred to have an actual egg are the brown ones any better than the regular white eggs?

jngymrat is offline Associate Member
    There really isn't that much of a difference regarding nutrition and allot of people use egg beaters for the convenience. If you can get regular home grown eggs they are much healthier than store bought eggs. White store bought eggs, go through a bleaching process to get them that white, another ton of chemicals to make them look pretty. You will notice that organic eggs will be far more beneficial than regular eggs, and taste a whole lot better, however, regular ones will naturally suffice.

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Not sure what kind of eggs you have in Oregon...but strict regulations call for the use of a "sanitizer" over the egg to ensure its safety from e.coli...etc. NOT to bleach the egg for color. That itself is illegal in the production of eggs...in Canada.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jngymrat View Post
    There really isn't that much of a difference regarding nutrition and allot of people use egg beaters for the convenience. If you can get regular home grown eggs they are much healthier than store bought eggs. White store bought eggs, go through a bleaching process to get them that white, another ton of chemicals to make them look pretty. You will notice that organic eggs will be far more beneficial than regular eggs, and taste a whole lot better, however, regular ones will naturally suffice.
    how?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Egg beaters are fine and for the convenience of not having to crack eggs, waste yolks etc. vs the slight processing egg beaters go through, I think in this case it's worth it.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    I buy liquid egg whites, all the convenience, all the nutrition , none of the mess.
    They come in one litre plastic bottles, and they are pasteurised n all.

Quote Originally Posted by rossapplecart View Post
    I buy liquid egg whites, all the convenience, all the nutrition , none of the mess.
    They come in one litre plastic bottles, and they are pasteurised n all.
    Same here with the liquid egg whites. Egg beaters are convenient and the macros are good but too many ingredients that I can't pronounce.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Egg beaters are fine and for the convenience of not having to crack eggs, waste yolks etc. vs the slight processing egg beaters go through, I think in this case it's worth it.
    Yeah that's what I was hoping.

Thank you everyone

jngymrat is offline Associate Member
    Because they actually contain more nutrients than a over processed egg. The protein listed on the package is not the actual amount in that egg, it is actually a generic figure put for a "round a bout" generality. The healthy side of the natural egg is from faster absorption into the body, and a good deal of micro nutrients from natural feed. And there is no such thing as sanitizing an egg and the result of that makes is pure white! In the states this is typically from feed and processing.

Quote Originally Posted by jngymrat View Post
    Because they actually contain more nutrients than a over processed egg. The protein listed on the package is not the actual amount in that egg, it is actually a generic figure put for a "round a bout" generality. The healthy side of the natural egg is from faster absorption into the body, and a good deal of micro nutrients from natural feed. And there is no such thing as sanitizing an egg and the result of that makes is pure white! In the states this is typically from feed and processing.
    I beg to differ sweetie...take it from me...I'm in the industry

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I just stick with my cartoned egg whites from Sam's Club.

Fevershock is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksrt42004 View Post
    So I see a lot of posts where people talk about eating eggs but I haven't really seen anything about if it is better to have real eggs as opposed to Egg Beaters.

I know there are Egg Beaters (egg whites) anything wrong with them (nutrition wise) when compared to an actual egg?

And if it is preferred to have an actual egg are the brown ones any better than the regular white eggs?
    Egg Whites International - the best! (http://www.eggwhitesint.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by Fevershock View Post
    Egg Whites International - the best! (http://www.eggwhitesint.com/)
    Wow, didn't even think about buying egg whites over the internet. I will look into that. Thanks for the link.

Anyone else have any experience with that company or buying something like this over the web?

www.eggsel.ca

Canadian though

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    egg beaters or products like them are fortified with vitamins and minerals since egg yolks are where most of the the vitamins and trace minerals are found i prefer egg beaters to egg whites.

Thread Information