cbk
    cbk is offline New Member

dbol and appetite

Did a quick search and really didn't come up with anything. So, anyway, I'm cycling dbol 1-4 35mg and test e 500mg/week for 1-10. I'm only at the end of my first week, but my appetite hasn't really increased, in fact it has somewhat decreased. I have a few obvious questions like

Is this normal? I thought it increased appetite

Should I force myself to eat more? I don't want to miss out on gaining muscle because I am not eating enough. I have read that what steroids do is to use the food you consume more effectively, therefore you also need more of it. So am I cheating myself out of what the point of steroids is?

First cycle
    190lbs
    etc

I had read someone else's log and they were just eating based on their appetite (which is fair enough, though still aiming for good macros) to gauge how it affects them and it increased their appetite.

thanks

cbk
    bump

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    You shouldn't be eating based on your appetite, that's a bad idea IMO. You should be eating based on your TDEE and goals - obviously you'd want to eat above maintenance, and thensome with being on cycle.

Honestly, you should have had this all sorted out before running a cycle, just sayin...

cbk
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    You shouldn't be eating based on your appetite, that's a bad idea IMO. You should be eating based on your TDEE and goals - obviously you'd want to eat above maintenance, and thensome with being on cycle.

Honestly, you should have had this all sorted out before running a cycle, just sayin...
    I DID have this sorted out beforehand (don't go making assumptions please), but I didn't expect this to happen, obviously.

Relax my man, no need to get defensive. Your on here asking about diet during a cycle which you're a touch young for to begin with, but I recognize your not here for cycle advice so I didn't give you sh!t about that.

I was simply pointing out that eating based on appetite is a poor approach IMO, and if you were even considering that (the fact u brought it up leads me to assume this, sorry), I had to question you preparation. It wasn't my intention to offend you.

To answer your question, increased appetite isn't a given simply because you're running gear. Granted, decreased appetite is a bit odd, but I'm willing to bet it'll pass and you'll be hungry, especially when the test kicks in.

In the meantime, keep eating, get everything you can out of the cycle. My .02

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Appetite while on dbol will decrease

At least it did for me drastically, for a few weeks i was downing 4L of milk to compensate for the food i could not get down

cbk
    cheers guys. Yeah I have been forcing it down, just surprised. Apparently could be to an overloaded liver affecting my appetite.

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post

At least it did for me drastically, for a few weeks i was downing 4L of milk to compensate for the food i could not get down
    Really? Weird, not for me. It didn't increase either though, I stayed about the same. In all fairness, I have reason to believe the dbol was bunk anyway. The test most certainly wasn't though. =)

Good luck, cbk, keep us posted with your progress.

tjax03 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post

Depends on the person, for some appetite increases, for some it decreases, some notice no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Really? Weird, not for me. It didn't increase either though, I stayed about the same. In all fairness, I have reason to believe the dbol was bunk anyway. The test most certainly wasn't though. =)

Good luck, cbk, keep us posted with your progress.
    Yeh

My dbol is my own homebrew and was strong

I could not tolerate 50mg a day

It was killing my appetite and back pums were stoping me from sleeping

Droped down to 20mg and it was ok

Ur better running a low dose for a long period anyway

cbk
    Yeah, I considered lowering the dose so there would be less liver strain. However, appetite seems to be perking up, a lot of noticeable changes, not just appetite. Feels good man! Cheers for the help guys. Also, baseline you make your own dbol ? Wow, that's pretty cool dude. Might look into that myself haha. Is it difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by cbk View Post
    Yeah, I considered lowering the dose so there would be less liver strain. However, appetite seems to be perking up, a lot of noticeable changes, not just appetite. Feels good man! Cheers for the help guys. Also, baseline you make your own dbol? Wow, that's pretty cool dude. Might look into that myself haha. Is it difficult?
    Well one you have ur powder dbol is just about as easy as it gets, just add the required amount into high purity alcohol (80+) and shake the hell out of it for 20 seconds

My dbol held at 50mg/ml in 80% alcohol, i recan i could have gone 60mg+ tho TBH

Head over to the Anabolic Lab Section, read up

Thread Information