Thread: 12 month goal

musclestack is offline Productive Member

12 month goal

Up until last June, I had taken about 3 years off from the gym. I had lost a lot of muscle and gained fat. Since June, I have managed to put back on about 3-4 lbs of muscle and lose about 10-12lbs of fat (on a cutting diet the whole time, never bulking). I started at 176lbs at 17%bf and got down to 165lbs at 14.5%bf. I had only started to do cardio in mid-September. My plan now is to cut for another 6 weeks to try and get to 12-13%, then bulk for 6-7 months straight to try and put on as much muscle as possible, followed by a 3-4 month cut.

I am:
    5'9"
    165 lbs
    26yo
    ~14.5%bf

my goal by the end of next January:
    175lbs
    sub-12%bf

I weight train heavy 5 days/week in the evenings, one muscle group per week. When cutting, I do 45min-1hr of LIC in the AM, fasted.

I am going to start a diet/training log here in the diet section so I, and others, can track my progress and keep me motivated. Do you think the above goals are doable in one year? I know I could definitely put on the weight, and I know I could get to sub12%, but I don't know how difficult it will be to do both. I will not be cycling, and the only thing I'll use to help cut is an ECA stack.

Are my goals unreasonable? Should I have a higher goal?

charcold is offline Associate Member
    I think thats reasonable, although you may have to shift to a bit more bulk time

Thread Information