Page 10 of 155 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree703Likes

Thread: RaginCajun's Daily Log

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Oil and Gas is a perfect business for you from what all I can surmise.....

Glad to see you went for a 25 mile bike ride after the birthday party! Sweat it out!

And, Gaba: I love it. I take 750 mgs every night about an hour before bed to help me calm down a bit. It will give you a smooooooth transition.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Oil and Gas is a perfect business for you from what all I can surmise.....

Glad to see you went for a 25 mile bike ride after the birthday party! Sweat it out!

And, Gaba: I love it. I take 750 mgs every night about an hour before bed to help me calm down a bit. It will give you a smooooooth transition.
    thanks! and yes, i had to go sweat the demons out! i can't wait to order some Gaba. any particular brand you recommend over the next?

i just found out my crossfit class got canceled! not happy about it! i guess i will go do a full body workout with some cardio after. and i was looking forward to it! i may just set up my trainer in my room and ride some miles. its raining out and has been all day long!

it looks like i will be in houston. i am searching now for gyms in the area with a pool. i will also have to go check out if there are any running clubs or bike groups in the area. i am excited and nervous all at the same time! i am an outdoorsman so living in a big city will be new to me. i currently live in baton rouge, but it is not nearly as big as h-town.
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 07-25-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    thanks! and yes, i had to go sweat the demons out! i can't wait to order some Gaba. any particular brand you recommend over the next?
    Not really, just pure Gaba, that's all. I know there are some things out there which include Gaba but I like Gaba alone and pure. It will not "put you out." Simply trigger your body into calming down hence why I take about an hour before bed. Then I take my Melatonin ( 3mgs) right before bed.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Not really, just pure Gaba, that's all. I know there are some things out there which include Gaba but I like Gaba alone and pure. It will not "put you out." Simply trigger your body into calming down hence why I take about an hour before bed. Then I take my Melatonin ( 3mgs) right before bed.
    thanks for info! i was on melatonin before and it did help some, can't wait to take it in combo with gaba.

well, since my class was canceled i decided to do some p90x yoga. i forgot how hard it is to do yoga! my joints were popping outta control! i felt great afterwards. diet was not 100% yesterday (one bad meal) but it is on track today. i went for a nice lil 3 mile walk this morning and did some sprints just to pump up my heart rate a bit. i burned about 400 cals in doing so. my schedule is definitely going to change some with the move but i will get it together once i am settled.

just got done riding on my trainer, did 15 miles. i sweated my ass off, and am still sweating now! it rained so i wasn't able to go to the running club, it was canceled. since it looks like i am moving to houston in two weeks, i looked up local bike/running clubs in the area where i will be working around. they have tons of clubs and have trails to go ride on! FIRED UP!

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    i will definitely buy some gaba. i was on ambien years ago, liked the stuff, just don't want to be dependent on it. the sleep is not as bad as it use to be in the past. i usually do deadlifts, just didn't do them yesterday. back is one area where i am weak at. i have horrible posture and have degeneration in my lower discs. its really not painful as long as i am active but i do have those days where it hurts and i just deal with it. i know that my hips are shifted slightly and now my left leg is a lil shorter than my right. i know i can help fix this with exercise, any thoughts? do you suggest me upping my vit d3 intake to 5000ius? i am only taking 1000ius daily. twist, i really appreciate you helping me out with all this, i know i needed guidance!
    At least 5,000 ius. You can do 10 but no need. Do whatever you can to strengthen your back. If you can do back extensions those are my personal favorite.

i had a great weekend! my saturday was extremely busy! i went help out at my old work for 3 hours in the morning (6-9), then went to my grandparents house to do some yard work for them, they are 87 and 86! i did not get to do my 10k run on saturday but i did do yard work for over 2 hours, so that was enough cardio for me. after that, i had to go to nola for a friend's surprise 30th bday party in which i did do some drinking. i did wake up and do 25 miles on the bike and could have did more but i ran out of fuel. i did fasted cardio this morning with some BCAAs and that helped out some with the hunger pains.

on another note, i finally found a higher paying job!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am getting out of breast cancer research and getting into oil and gas! i do not know if i will be located in lafayette, la or houston, tx yet, but i do know that i am ready for a change. i will have to start my own business (LLC) in order to take all the tax breaks and what not, so that will be something new to me. i hope that they figure out which location they want me at soon, so i can start looking for a gym. i lived in lafayette before and am hoping that is where i'll be. there is a gym there named Red's, and it is the best gym that i have ever been a member at. i want to say that is one of the top 30 gyms in the US. it has everything!!!
    How did you get into that bro? Odd change but either way I'm happy for you and its awesome that you are willing to uproot and take opportunities.

I enjoy helping so no worries. If I didn't I wouldn't be on this site. I learned so much on this site and through the members and links/ideas posted. It's only right I return the favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    At least 5,000 ius. You can do 10 but no need. Do whatever you can to strengthen your back. If you can do back extensions those are my personal favorite.

How did you get into that bro? Odd change but either way I'm happy for you and its awesome that you are willing to uproot and take opportunities.

I enjoy helping so no worries. If I didn't I wouldn't be on this site. I learned so much on this site and through the members and links/ideas posted. It's only right I return the favor.
    the opportunity came up because i have great friends that have been in the game for around 10 years, and the company that they are employed by was wanting some good help and they recommended me. i am fortunate that the opportunity came my way, now i have to make something of it! it will definitely be a change coming from medical research to oil/gas research. i wasn't making any money in research, made more money as an undergrad in college than i am making now, so i decided to make the switch. i didn't have anything or anyone tying me down so i figure shoot for the stars! it will be a big switch but i have friends in houston that will show me around. i will have to take on more responsibility for myself, dealing with taxes and all the business shit, but i can learn anything! thanks!

woke up this morning feeling tired, just like every other humpday. i crashed hard last night, that bike trainer was no joke! i did go hit the gym this morning for some fasted cardio, felt good to get up and get moving. the BCAA's are helping out with the workouts, don't feel as sluggish. my left knee and ankle are a lil sore and achy, so i may lay off of them this evening and just do a good upperbody workout. probably going to lift heavy today since i didn't lift real heavy last week. i will do one warmup set before doing sets of 5x5 for each muscle group.

Watch out Houston! .......is all I can say..........
    Author Unknown

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Wow RC. Quite a life change...new job....new state...maybe new gal for you in Houston, too!! Happy for ya!!!

Watch out Houston! .......is all I can say..........
    YUUUUUUP!!! Watch out is right! HA, u clown!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    Wow RC. Quite a life change...new job....new state...maybe new gal for you in Houston, too!! Happy for ya!!!
    thanks!!!!!! yes, new job, new career, and definitely ready for some new gals!!!!

i decided to take a well needed rest day. my body is feeling tired/run down today so i am going to give it a break. i have a great workout yesterday, definitely feeling it today. it feels like monday morning!!!! since i will be moving in a week and a half, all my friends are wanting to do stuff with me. i told them, I AM NOT MOVING TO ETHIOPIA! i have the best friends in the world, wouldn't trade them for anything! i am going to destin, florida for the weekend with my moms side of the family. i have a step aunt that just discovered she has logopenic primary progressive asphasia. it is basically a form of dementia/alzheimer's, and it sucks! she is a very outgoing person so it really sucks that she will not be herself in only a year's time. the doc's said that she may be in full blown dementia in 7 years, so we are taking a big family vacation so we can remember the good times with her! i am ready to hit the beach! we are suppose to go play golf, which i haven't done since march, so it should be interesting to say the least. i hoping to post around 85 or so. we are all competitive, my two uncles played college football, step bro played college baseball, and my step dad plays all the time, so i am sure there will be some betting going on. i am bringing my bike down to the beach, there is a 30 mile loop to ride. last time i was in destin i got kidnapped, and it was well worth it!!!!!!!!!!! i am pret

White sand......
    aqua sea..
    Zinc
    Author Unknown

White sand......
    aqua sea..
    Zinc
    zinc???

White sand
    Aqua sea
    and....HOT HOT SUN....so you need some sunscreen: Zinc!
    Author Unknown

thats what i thought! i tan really easy, cajun + sicillian = spicy, ME!

Double hot ='s Sizzling hot.....
    Author Unknown

EAST BOUND AND DOWN!!! headin to beach for the weekend!!! i am bringing my bike so i plan on training while i am down there and also plan to go do a beach run. going play some golf as well so i will be active the whole time!

Enjoy! You most deserving!!

i'm baaaaaaack!!! just had a wonderful vacation with the family. i did get some exercise in, rode 25 miles along the beach. i also got to play some golf, in which i probably played my worst round ever!!!! i do have some good news, weighed in at 179.4 lbs today!!! i at like shit over the vacation, but didn't stop the whole time. my 7 year old niece kept me pretty busy, not to mention throwing her in the pool 10000 times!!! i have a lot of stuff to do in 3 days, so training may have to back seat even though i will get something done. when i got back to work, i had a memo on my desk that they are throwing me a going away lunch tomorrow. i am really touched by gesture being i have only worked here for 2 years and they have never did anything like this for anyone else.

You are loved by all, especially your niece! We girls love having that special uncle.
    Author Unknown

for my lunch party tomorrow, they made me make dessert! so i made tiramisu, and its not the fat free kind!

for my lunch party tomorrow, they made me make dessert! so i made tiramisu, and its not the fat free kind!
    i think you need a good kick in the arse! hahahahaha...sound familiar?!?..and I couldn't resist

enjoy your party...but watch it. a little on the lips and you will be kicking yourself.. hahahahaha. oh, i couldn't resist a second time!!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    i think you need a good kick in the arse! hahahahaha...sound familiar?!?..and I couldn't resist

enjoy your party...but watch it. a little on the lips and you will be kicking yourself.. hahahahaha. oh, i couldn't resist a second time!!
    sounds oh too familiar!!!! i am going to enjoy myself today! i won't go overboard! i mainly made the tiramisu for my co-workers, they love my cooking!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Welcome back bro! Enjoy your party, then get your ass back in gear!!

When are we getting current pics?

OOCAJUN IS THE PARTY! When he arrives, the party starts.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Welcome back bro! Enjoy your party, then get your ass back in gear!!

When are we getting current pics?
    look who chimed in! i am moving to houston saturday, so been busy packing and what not. i had some pics up about a month ago. i plan on taking some new pics in about a month or two. once i get my own place, its on!!! i also will be coming up with a different diet, want to add grains and dairy back in, miss them too much. thanks for chiming in

OOCAJUN IS THE PARTY! When he arrives, the party starts.
    yep, thats how i roll! one of my nicknames, is 'the entertainer'!!!!!!!!!

^^ no doubt. YOU entertain us daily.....I can see it all with your imagery. Very active and full of life and a true definition of a: People Person
    Author Unknown

^^ no doubt. YOU entertain us daily.....I can see it all with your imagery. Very active and full of life and a true definition of a: People Person
    once again, you have me pegged!

happy and sad all at the same time. just walked into my office for the last time here and its sad. i am going to miss this place, i really liked saving the boobies! but, its time for a change and i am so pumped! my truck is loaded down and going visit my grandparents one last time before i roll out! i saw the rest of the fam all week and i will be back for football games and hunting. i am ready to get back into a routine. this move and vacation has my routine all jacked up, can't wait to get settled and back on the horse!

RC...it's an exciting time for you! Enjoy the ride!!

Giddy up! I bet you are excited. A whole new life is ahead for you; including some Texas cowgirls!
    Author Unknown

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Enjoy RC!!!

WOW! loving houston already!!! went out saturday evening to some white linen deal with some people and had a blast! i met MS TEXAS on the first day!!! hahaha, the beauty pageant one! i can't wait to get settled in and find a place to live. diet has been horrible since i have been on the move but once i get back to a routine, its on! went for a 15 miles bike yesterday and a lil walk. well, got to get to work!

We might have to send in some wranglers to keep you WITH US!

I bet you are having the time of your life! Or...one of 'em anyway....

Jump back on your horse COWBOY!

Your biggest issue will come up.......soon.......when.......football......start s....so....who.....will.....be.....your......TEAM?
    Author Unknown

We might have to send in some wranglers to keep you WITH US!

I bet you are having the time of your life! Or...one of 'em anyway....

Jump back on your horse COWBOY!

Your biggest issue will come up.......soon.......when.......football......start s....so....who.....will.....be.....your......TEAM?

MY TEAM WILL ALWAYS BE THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah, slim, i need to get back on the 'saddle'!! the diet has been horrific! i did however, catch an Astros game so i may have two MLB teams. (Braves/Astros). my co-worker's wife works for the Astros, so i will be going to a lot games!!!!!!

Thread Information