Page 1 of 155 1234561151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree703Likes

Thread: RaginCajun's Daily Log

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

RaginCajun's Daily Log

hello all. i am new to this site but have been reading other peoples questions. i am looking to trim away bodyfat, and get under 180 lbs by May. i have been involved in sports all my life and competed as a powerlifter in college. i have been working with weights for years and have a science background. i want to lose the fat in my stomach and my chest. i inherited the "fat" titties from both sides of my family, so genetics plays a role in where my fat gets placed. i want to have abs! currently, i am training for a 10k that is at the end of april. i have been running and weight lifting consistently for a few months. i can now do 4 miles without stopping. my diet is not bad, except on weekends. i like to socialize, hunt, and fish. and i like to have the occasional adult beverage. this is what hinders my training but i do enjoy those things in my free time. as of jan 3rd, i am down from 196 to 190. i started doing the fasted morning workouts, and i love it! just sometimes it doesn't feel like i have enough energy. i am working on a routine that best fits my schedule and myself. as of now, i am trying to swim 2 days a week, run 2/3 days a week, and weight train (my favorite) 2/3 days a week. it is tough to get the leg weight training in because i need to build up my endurance on my runs, and my favorite exercise is the squat. but can't go heavy on squats anymore because of a bum knee, which also hinders my running. but no pain no gain! i will post my diet later on this evening, and hopefully get a pic up so i can get further advice on what exercises to do to help transform. one of my biggest things is motivation and excuses. i can find an excuse for everything. well enough about that, here are my stats.

Ht: 5' 10”
    Wt: 190 lbs
    BMR: 1860
    TDEE: 2604
    BF%: estimate 20% (done with electronic devices, one said 17 other said 22.)
    LBM: 69 kg
    Last edited by marcus300; 05-25-2017 at 08:25 AM.
    Batmanreturns and lee12007 like this.

Current Diet Schedule (i will work on the macros)

500- wake up and down h20
    530- gym
    730- 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 egg white, one whole egg, and tablespoon of honey (oatmeal pancake)
    930-1000- usually eat packet of tuna, mustard, one medium dill pickle. sometimes get too busy to eat this snack.
    1200-1230- chicken breast or lean protein source, and green veggie. sometimes i add brown or wild rice to this meal.
    300- (usually starving at this time) either raw almonds and a pickle or same meal as 930-10.
    500- snack/preworkout meal. this is where i need help at. i don't go to the gym twice everyday but i do occasionally. sometimes its 1/2 cup oats mixed with protein shake, or 2 slices wheat bread w natty pb/or turkey.
    730-8- lean protein source and usually a sweet pot or green veggie.
    900- this one is usually optional, 1/2 cup greek yogurt w tablespoon of natty pb. sometimes use cottage cheese instead of greek yogurt.

i am trying to follow this to a T. i usually eat very good during the week, but i don't so much on the weekends. i am usually not around my house on the weekends so it makes it tougher to eat better. plus, i like to enjoy a cold pop here and there. i really do not drink during the week, unless it is a beer,a glass of wine, or scotch. on the weekends, its usually more like 3-6 friday and sometimes more on a saturday. like i said before, i have dropped about 6 pounds since jan 3rd but have been holding at 190 for the past 2 weeks, mainly because of my diet on the weekends. i want to thank yall in advance for any help. also, i am thinking about doing a triathlon in may, so need to drop some excess baggage!
    Kenny357 likes this.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Yes, macros would really be helpful, because I can tell right now you are not eating enough, especially not enough protein.

Those electronic BF calculators are horrible, post a pic if you can.

thanks for the quick reply. i am working on it. and your right, i don't trust the electronic devices either.

530- gym
    730- 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 egg white, one whole egg, and tablespoon of honey (oatmeal pancake)
    totals= 341 cals, 17g pro, 46g carb, 10g fat
    930-1000- usually eat packet of tuna, mustard, one medium dill pickle. sometimes get too busy to eat this snack.
    totals= 90 cals, 19g pro, 3g carb, 1g fat
    1200-1230- chicken breast or lean protein source, and green veggie. sometimes i add brown or wild rice to this meal.
    totals(without rice)= 350 cals, 28g pro, 10g carb, 8g fat
    300- (usually starving at this time) either raw almonds and a pickle or same meal as 930-10.
    totals= 256 cals, 25g pro, 9g carb, 15g fat
    500- snack/preworkout meal. this is where i need help at. i don't go to the gym twice everyday but i do occasionally. sometimes its 1/2 cup oats mixed with protein shake, or 2 slices wheat bread w natty pb/or turkey.
    totals (protein/oats)= 307 cals, 32g pro, 33 carb, 5g fat
    totals= 360 cals, 35g pro, 30g carb, 10g fat
    900- this one is usually optional, 1/2 cup greek yogurt w tablespoon of natty pb and 1/2 scoop protein. sometimes use cottage cheese instead of greek yogurt.
    totals= 230 cals, 27g pro, 10g carb, 9g fat.

TOTAL= 1934 cals 183g protein/ 141g carb/ 58g fat

i would say give or take a few cals here and there because i try and mix up my veggies and protein source. but this is what i have been taking in on a weekly basis. i know i need help in this area, so please be harsh. i will try to get a pic posted soon

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    see bold

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    530- gym

First mistake that I see already - no pre workout meal? I workout at 5:30am too - I don't know how you can have an intense workout ANY time of day, let alone 5:30am without fuel. Chances are you're already catabolic after going all night without food, now you're going to break down more muscle in that state? Bad idea IMO bro - i'd add at LEAST a whey shake and 1/2 cup oats ASAP. Better would be egg whites and 1/2 cup oats

totals= 341 cals, 17g pro, 46g carb, 10g fat

Ok, i'm gonna start getting upset. You had no food preworkout, and now your only protein PWO is 1 egg white and 1 whole egg? C'MON!! Do the egg whites (many more - upwards of 8 - just buy liquid egg whites it's easier) in your pre workout meal, and do a whey shake here - i'd try and go with no less then 30g. Keep the oats, drop the honey and use splenda or stevia

totals= 90 cals, 19g pro, 3g carb, 1g fat

I'd be trying to get at least 25g protein per meal. Also, no carbs OR fats in this meal - you can't live on protein alone. This is your PPWO meal, i'd add more carbs here, yes even when cutting.

totals(without rice)= 350 cals, 28g pro, 10g carb, 8g fat

Have it without rice and do the chicken, veggies, and maybe 1-2tsp (yes teaspoon) of olive oil or another healthy fat

totals= 256 cals, 25g pro, 9g carb, 15g fat

Starving, but only eating almonds and a pickle? Forget that and always do the 9:30 - 10 meal

totals (protein/oats)= 307 cals, 32g pro, 33 carb, 5g fat

Ok, u gotta work this out. Do your best to come up with a set schedule, either am or pm because we need to get the pre workout meal in either way, and it MUST contain carbs. PS - bread w/ natty PB or turkey would be a shit pre-workout meal. hardly any protein, again. I wouldn't do a shake either - 4-6oz lean protein, 30-40g complex carb, minimal fats

totals= 360 cals, 35g pro, 30g carb, 10g fat

If this is going to be your PWO meal, then do a whey shake and complex carbs. If it's not, i'd drop the potato completely

900- this one is usually optional, 1/2 cup greek yogurt w tablespoon of natty pb and 1/2 scoop protein. sometimes use cottage cheese instead of greek yogurt.
    totals= 230 cals, 27g pro, 10g carb, 9g fat.

Not bad, use the plain greek yogurt - less sugar which is important before bed. Cottage cheese is a good choice. If you do protein powder, use casein, not whey

TOTAL= 1934 cals 183g protein/ 141g carb/ 58g fat

protein too low, fats too high for 2000 calories. Try to get closer to a 45/40/15 split (P/C/F) considering your goals. Keep carbs in pre/pwo, possibly PPWO depending on time of day, and/or first thing in the morning.

Mainly, you need to figure out a consistent schedule, then we can sort this all out better.

i would say give or take a few cals here and there because i try and mix up my veggies and protein source. but this is what i have been taking in on a weekly basis. i know i need help in this area, so please be harsh. i will try to get a pic posted soon
    Looking forward to pics!
    cruzetor and SuperGoku like this.

thanks so much for the info GB. i will fix the diet up and i understand what you telling about the pre/post workout meals. i was doing some reading on the forums about doing cardio in the AM on an empty stomach. should i not be doing this? i am trying to get where i will only workout in the AM. trying to get my body clock on that schedule. i do need to come up with a more definitive schedule for my workouts. and i am will try to get some pics up this weekend. thanks again, and thanks for ripping me! cuz i know that i need it, thats why i am here!

thanks so much for the info GB. i will fix the diet up and i understand what you telling about the pre/post workout meals. i was doing some reading on the forums about doing cardio in the AM on an empty stomach. should i not be doing this? i am trying to get where i will only workout in the AM. trying to get my body clock on that schedule. i do need to come up with a more definitive schedule for my workouts. and i am will try to get some pics up this weekend. thanks again, and thanks for ripping me! cuz i know that i need it, thats why i am here!
    No problem!

As for am cardio - it's a great way to burn bodyfat, am fasted cardio. However, if you want to get your cardio and workout done all in one shot in the morning (that's what I do), you unfortunately have to make a choice.

a) Do your cardio first, fasted, with fat burning being a primary goal, then workout after - but you will be working out not only on an empty stomach (bad), but also after cardio (even worse) - so I wouldn't expect much in the way of LBM gains. Make BCAA's your best friend - it's all you'll have

b) Eat a pre-workout meal, do your weight training first then cardio after. The upside is you will have energy for your workout. The downside is the chance you'll be burning some of that fuel for cardio vs. stored bodyfat. However, if you play your cards right you could use all of that fuel for the workout and essentially be running on empty by the time cardio comes around.

I mix it up. I have 3 days where I do the mean/train/cardio, then 2 days where they have a spin class at 5:45am, so i do that fasted, sort of (I cheat and eat a bunch of egg whites, just no energy sources like carbs or fats), then have my workout after.

Hope this helps.

having trouble posting pic? maybe it just doesn't want my fat arse up there! HA! i will figure it out

and thanks GB. i will have it all worked out by the end of the day.

having trouble getting a pic on here. how exactly to you do it?

GB, i noticed a diet that you had posted on your cutting blog. the one where you are eating 2495 cals. i am going to follow that diet. i will try to get all that food in. i do notice that it is much easier to eat the good stuff, when you prepare everything before hand. today's weight was 190.1 lbs. i was able to go another notch on my belt today! here is a pic of me. and i know i need a lot of work, and i will try to get better pics up soon. please feel free to write a workout program to reflect what i need to work on. and keep in mind that i am trying to train for a triathlon, so i try to run and swim twice a week.

hope this one works! picture is from last weekend.

well i tried to post the pic. i pushed the image button above, added the link with the jpeg, and still cannot see the pic. can yall see it?

Can't see it bro. Maybe send a pm to *admin* and let him know you're having trouble. Read the sticky about posting pics before you do though so you know what you're doing is right. The post you made looks like a 'broken link' image; is it from a hosting site?

Diet - Obviously I don't mind if you copy my diet, but I urge you to come up with your own. Firstly, our numbers and needs are probably different to some extent, and if you make your own diet it will force you to learn why you're doing what you're doing, as opposed to just copying somebody. This is your call of course, just my .02

i am using it as a guide. i will come up with my own of off yours, just like the way it looks. my times may be a lil different, but food choices will be similar. i appreciate the input GB and for you staying on top of my ass. i need it for motivation, so please feel free to keep kicking it! i hooked up with one of my ole "buddies" last night and she said that she can tell that i look different from the last time i seen her. definitely pumped me up to continue on. this month, total weight loss is 5.5 lbs and i ran my furtherest mileage for one run, 8 miles. my goal for this month is to lose another 5 pounds and to up my endurance in the swimming pool. i am still working of a finite schedule for lifting/cardio. so far its Mon/Wed/Fri mornings, weight train ; Tues/Thurs mornings, swim and i am trying to do my running on tues/thurs evenings. my weekends, now that hunting season is over, i am either doing a long run, swim, or bike. i will go look into the workout section and see what kinds of workout splits people are doing for 3 days of lifting.

and i will get a pic up here even if i have to use duct tape!

Sounds like you're motivated and doing a great job, keep it up bro!

Yea, compliments are what drove me for a LONG time. I still get em' from time to time, but most people have become used to the 'new me' and it's old now. Especially nice when a cutie pie drops a compliment! =)

There are plenty of good splits for 3 days/week. The workout section isn't super active (maybe I gotta get over there and make an effort to resurrect that place??!!), so be patient if you make a post there. Most likely, you'll find what you're looking for with a simple search in that section. Good luck, keep us posted!

well i have suffered a setback. i have a staph infection! sucks! i have no clue if i got it from the hospital or the gym. on antibiotics so should be better in about a week. this sucks! i was really getting after it, and now i am down to doing nothing. i tried to go yesterday and that was a mistake. calves started cramping up at 2 miles and really couldn't get fired up after that. 189.4 lbs today. i really don't have the appetite since i am on some hard antibiotics. looks like i'll have to just take it easy this week and then get back on it! also to note, the workout section looks like it has picked up steam!

down to 187 lbs today, but i am feeling better. i should be back full force next monday. my appetite is back so i have been eating more food. i have scaled back the calories some since i am not working out. just about 400 a day. i think i am losing some muscle since i am not at it everyday, but i can tell that i am losing size. the mirror never lies! still a fat ass, but working at it!

well GB, i think i have my workout routine worked out. weekends are optional but will prob do either a long run or bike on one of the days. i will be coming up with specific exercises for each, but this is what i have so far. what u think?

MONDAY – AM(Back/Bi's/Traps) PM(Rest)
    TUESDAY – AM(Swim) PM(Run)
    WEDNESDAY – AM(Chest/Tri/Shoulders) PM(Rest)
    THURSDAY – AM(Swim) PM(Run)
    FRIDAY – AM(Legs/Core) PM(Bike/Run/Rest)
    SATURDAY – Run/Bike/Rest
    SUNDAY – Run/Bike/Rest

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    post the pic to your avy

chi, i can't put my lard ass in my avy! ha! i will try and get some pics up tomorrow.

well GB, i think i have my workout routine worked out. weekends are optional but will prob do either a long run or bike on one of the days. i will be coming up with specific exercises for each, but this is what i have so far. what u think?

MONDAY – AM(Back/Bi's/Traps) PM(Rest)
    TUESDAY – AM(Swim) PM(Run)
    WEDNESDAY – AM(Chest/Tri/Shoulders) PM(Rest)
    THURSDAY – AM(Swim) PM(Run)
    FRIDAY – AM(Legs/Core) PM(Bike/Run/Rest)
    SATURDAY – Run/Bike/Rest
    SUNDAY – Run/Bike/Rest
    Need to see the specific workouts - i.e. exercises, sets, reps, rest, etc. in order to comment. =)

after a whole week and a half of layoff, i am going to have to ease into this routine. do not want to stress my body to a point of relapse. weigh 187 today. i plan on doing these exercises as a circuit. first three weeks, run thru the circuit two times, with each exercise getting 12-15 reps, with no more than a minute rest, except on leg day. i plan on swimming for no less than 30 minutes each time and no less than 3 miles on my runs, which i will be upping my mileage once i get back on track. on week four, start concentrating on each exercise in the group and start either a pyramid with each exercise, or do 5x5. that is pretty much my plan for the next month with exceptions being if i have races on saturday, then i will switch the wednesday and friday up. i am hoping that my doc gives me the go ahead for monday because it is really killing me to be out of the gym this long, after that fact that i was killing it before!

Back/Bi's/Traps
    pull-ups
    hang cleans
    dead lift
    bb rows
    bb curls
    db curls
    bb shrugs

Chest/Tri's/Shoulders
    incline db press
    flat bb press
    hammer press
    incline flys
    hang clean and press
    upright rows
    standing db raises
    rear db raises
    tricep pulldowns
    scull crushers super setted w/ close grip press

Legs/Core
    bb squats
    db lunges
    box jumps
    good mornings
    calves
    core/abs

i am 187 lbs. my doc said i can start lifting again, just no sweating. i do not know how i am going to manage this! i feel like i am at 100%, so i am going to start back this evening. gonna do the back routine i have listed above, except i am going to have to rest longer in between sets. diet is going well, i need slimmer to come take all the sweets out of my house!!!! i have a bad sweet tooth, like a tyrannosaurus!

ok fellas, here are the pics, hope they work this time!

dammit! i will get pics up some how. i did everythting right! @!$%@#&#@*(*&@@#!!!!!!

i put a pic on my profile. it flipped the image. i am working with a mac and maybe this website doesn't understand the program i have for it? have no clue.

Still don't see sets, reps, etc. The picture is getting clearer, but we're not yet there!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Still don't see sets, reps, etc. The picture is getting clearer, but we're not yet there!
    i know, i know. i am trying to see what my body can take. i am trying not to over train with the weights, even though i love it! trying to focus on endurance, since i am training for a triathlon. doing a 5k race this weekend to see what i lost in the past two weeks of sitting on my butt. i am down to 186lbs today, that is 10lbs for the year. i am thinking that i lost some muscle over the past two since i was sitting on my rear. but, i will take it any way i can! i should be able to start my new routine next week, barring any sickness or other injury. i will have the reps and set numbers soon. and thanks GB for staying on me!

You got it bro, i'll be watching for it.

i put my pic in my avi, but it flipped the image. i can't win with the damn pics! i weighed in at 186.0 today. i am sore as hell from working out back/bi/traps on tuesday. i think the heavy deads and hang cleans were the culprit in the soreness, but i love it! yesterday i went running for the first time in 2.5 weeks! i did 3.5 miles in 38 minutes. not bad for fat kid! my legs cramped up a little at the end, but i just pushed thru it, i am hard headed as hell! i am doing a 3.1 mile breast cancer race on saturday, so i am shooting for a 30 minute time. there will be plenty of "motivation" out there so i am hoping that will push me to get under 30. i will be starting the new routine next week so i can acclimate my body to getting back up at 5 AM for a workout. i will try to log my workouts each day on this site so it will help keep me focused. i have been keeping a calender log of my weight and what type of exercise i did that day. i have almost reached my goal of 185 for the month, but there is still a ways to go.

oh, forgot to mention, what bodyfat percentage do you think i am? i am thinking i have to be around 22%?

TGIF! i weighed in at 187.8 today. i didn't eat any different than the previous days, i am guessing it is water since i started exercising again. my back is still sore as hell! my legs are even a sore from my wednesday stroll. i will do a mile run today to loosen my legs and thats it. gotta get up early for the breast cancer race tomorrow. going chase some bunnies! long live the tatas!

and call me paul wall, since my avi is sitting side ways!

Fat kid? From the avi, you look pretty damn good to me! I can't really tell BF because it's too small, but from what I can see I doubt you're over 20%. I could be wrong, keep trying to get better pics up!

the shadows in the pic do me justice! thanks for the compliment GB. today i weighed in at 188.8. little heavier than i wanted to be but i drank a lot of beer saturday after my race, a lot! i did the race in 31 minutes, so i was happy with that. i didn't stop the entire race, and still had a little in the tank to spare. i ate horrible on sunday but got it back on track today. i did:

hang cleans 2x10
    dead lift 3x6
    db rows 3x10
    db curls 3x15
    bb shrugs 3x20
    lat pulldown 3x10 (wide grip/close grip)

i didn't feel like i had a lot of energy in the gym today. maybe my body needs some more time to recoup after the hell i put thru on saturday and sunday. plan on going swim and run tomorrow.

weighed in at 187.6 today, same as i did last tuesday. swam for 30 minutes, felt great. i have to get in the pool more. swimming is freaking tough! and anyone who says it isn't, must be smoking crack! i was an avid swimmer whenever i was young and forgot how much practice needs to be applied in order to get my endurance up. plan on going run this evening, have to break in some new shoes i just purchased. i switched to a lighter shoe, so i will have to see what my feet can handle. wanting to do at least 3 miles. i only have a week to lose 2.6 lbs in order to reach my monthly goal. i am bumping up the cardio this week. this will be one of the first times that i will swim twice in one week along with running in the same days.

weighed in at 186.2 today. went running last night in some new shoes, felt good. did 4.2 miles in 44 minutes. my calves started to burn towards the end, and i expected that with the lighter weight shoes. i went swimming this morning for only 20 minutes, just didn't have the energy to stay in the pool longer. i may have to get some jacked 3d or something with some giddy up for my morning swims. i want to go do chest/tri/shoulders today, but i may lay off of it since i have been swimming the past two days. i will be swimming tomorrow morning along with an evening run. prob going to hit my chest/tri/shoulder routine on friday since i only will be working til 12. i am hoping to bump up the cardio this weekend and add a long bike or run or both. i can tell that i have been doing something as of late, the mirror, and the clothes never lie!!! and sweat pants don't count! HA!

well, disregard some things i said in my last post. i didn't lay off, i went to gym and did chest/tris/shoulders. i received some good news yesterday and that got me fired up. so i decided to go hit the iron, which i am so glad that i did. i ran a quick mile to warm my body up, then got after it. i am definitely feeling sluggish today. i weighed 188.0 today. i think the weight increase has something to do with me eating later last night. i didn't get to the gym until 7, and didn't eat until 930. but, i don't care, i feel great. i plan on killing some cardio this weekend, i am dog sitting for one of my friends. it is a very obedient black lab. i plan on taking him running saturday for a long run, prob go 8 miles or so. some of that will be walking of course, just want to do over an hour of exercise or more.

i took off yesterday, body needed a rest. i am sore as hell from my wednesday workout. it hurt to put on a shirt! lovin it! i weigh 186.4 today. i have a busy day today so i will try to go catch a workout of some sort today. prob just go do a long bike ride, about 20 miles or so. i need to get back to eating better. went out with some friends last night and had a few beers, but didn't over do it. have an important job interview later today, so wish me luck!

Page 1 of 155 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information