Thread: Raw meat ugres?

9za4ck4 is offline Associate Member

Raw meat ugres?

so not trying weird anyone out but does anyone else ever look at a raw steak or chicken breast and say that looks really good? and want to eat it just the way it is? also wouldnt raw meat be better for you? because doesnt protein bonds break up once heat is applied? wouldnt you want the best you can get?

just a few questions ive always wondered and figured id ask

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    well raw chicken doesnt do that to me but good raw steak I am obsesed with LOL

So much so that im going to put a 4 rib chine of beef in my fridge for 3 weeks to dry age LOL

I love nice rib beef, when it is hung well and like wax to cut

Agreed steak just looks really f**king good, i wonder how many people have had the balls to just eat one as is? like what is the actual possibility of getting sick from eating it? i would test it but im not a fan of getting sick

If it is good quality you should be ok

In some places like france they serve steak 'seared' which means it has been sealed on each side in a hot pan

maybe just 10 secons each side in a verry hot pan, the whole steak is literally raw

Do you know if many get sick from that? if i wanted to look that up what would i search for? i actually want to try that

i wonder how chewy it is tho hahaha

IDK m8

As far as it being chewy, if it is good dry aged steak for 3-6 weeks it should be beautifull

Obviously 6 weeks is optimum

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    IDK m8

As far as it being chewy, if it is good dry aged steak for 3-6 weeks it should be beautifull

Obviously 6 weeks is optimum
    how would i go about making it dry an aged? without it going bad? just curious never really thought people did this

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9za4ck4 View Post
    Agreed steak just looks really f**king good, i wonder how many people have had the balls to just eat one as is? like what is the actual possibility of getting sick from eating it? i would test it but im not a fan of getting sick
    A buddy of mine eats raw chopped meat and actually prefers it. Besides didn't you ever her of stake tar tar isn't that raw

Quote Originally Posted by 9za4ck4 View Post
    how would i go about making it dry an aged? without it going bad? just curious never really thought people did this
    Well a home fridge is not the best but it can be done

Normally it is done in big fridges with de-humidifiers

To do it at home your fridge must be as cold as it can go, with as little in it as possible

You can folow this process

1. Only the top grades of beef can be dry aged successfully. Use USDA Prime or USDA Choice - Yield Grade 1 or 2 (the highest quality of Choice) only. These have a thick layer of fat on the outside to protect the meat from spoiling during the aging process.

2. Buy a whole rib-eye or loin strip. [You cannot age individual steaks.] Unwrap it, rinse it well with cold water, and allow it to drain; then pat it very dry with paper towels.

3. Wrap the meat in immaculately clean, large, plain white cotton dish towels and place it on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator - which is the coldest spot.

4. Change the towels each day, replacing the moisture-soiled towels with fresh. Continue to change towels as needed for 10 days, to 2 weeks. (See Step #7 for cleaning towels.)

5. After the desired aging time, you're ready to cut off steaks from each end, trim as desired, and allow the rest to continue to age in the refrigerator.

6. If, after 21 days, you have not eaten all the meat, cut the remaining piece into steaks, wrap each steak in freezer-proof, heavy-duty plastic wrap, and freeze. The steaks will keep for several months in the freezer.

7. To clean the towels for re-use, soak the soiled towels, immediately upon removing them from the meat, in cold water overnight. Next, soak them in cold, salted water for 2-3 hours to remove any blood stains. Then launder as usual. In olden days, butchers used to cover sides of beef with cotton "shrouds" during the aging process - this is essentially the same thing.

However I think im going to simply buy a big rib section (rib in and fat on) so only the ends of the rid section will be exposed, i am going to cover the whole thing in cheese cloth and have a big tupaware tub full of ice to keep the fridge colder.

You can also look into a product called 'drybag steak'

Its a water permiable bag that you vacume seal a section of steak in, it allows water out but does not let air in

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Well a home fridge is not the best but it can be done

Normally it is done in big fridges with de-humidifiers

To do it at home your fridge must be as cold as it can go, with as little in it as possible

You can folow this process

1. Only the top grades of beef can be dry aged successfully. Use USDA Prime or USDA Choice - Yield Grade 1 or 2 (the highest quality of Choice) only. These have a thick layer of fat on the outside to protect the meat from spoiling during the aging process.

2. Buy a whole rib-eye or loin strip. [You cannot age individual steaks.] Unwrap it, rinse it well with cold water, and allow it to drain; then pat it very dry with paper towels.

3. Wrap the meat in immaculately clean, large, plain white cotton dish towels and place it on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator - which is the coldest spot.

4. Change the towels each day, replacing the moisture-soiled towels with fresh. Continue to change towels as needed for 10 days, to 2 weeks. (See Step #7 for cleaning towels.)

5. After the desired aging time, you're ready to cut off steaks from each end, trim as desired, and allow the rest to continue to age in the refrigerator.

6. If, after 21 days, you have not eaten all the meat, cut the remaining piece into steaks, wrap each steak in freezer-proof, heavy-duty plastic wrap, and freeze. The steaks will keep for several months in the freezer.

7. To clean the towels for re-use, soak the soiled towels, immediately upon removing them from the meat, in cold water overnight. Next, soak them in cold, salted water for 2-3 hours to remove any blood stains. Then launder as usual. In olden days, butchers used to cover sides of beef with cotton "shrouds" during the aging process - this is essentially the same thing.

However I think im going to simply buy a big rib section (rib in and fat on) so only the ends of the rid section will be exposed, i am going to cover the whole thing in cheese cloth and have a big tupaware tub full of ice to keep the fridge colder.

You can also look into a product called 'drybag steak'

Its a water permiable bag that you vacume seal a section of steak in, it allows water out but does not let air in
    awesome i do my shopping for food every monday. im def. going to be doing this thanks for the info now unfortunately i have to wait......lol

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I eat raw meats quiet a bit, but it is sold for raw consumption. A splash of soy source and G2G.

Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    I eat raw meats quiet a bit, but it is sold for raw consumption. A splash of soy source and G2G.
    where do you buy? (if im talking about food its not consider fishing is it? lol)

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Tokyo, raw meats are big here.....don't think it ships to well.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    The thought of raw chicken sickens me... just thinking of the 'crunch' noise it must make when bitten into.... VOMIT!

Raw steak doesn't sicken me but doesn't do much either. Raw ground beef... now THAT interests me! I just wanna put a mouthful of that sh!t in and chew away!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    The thought of raw chicken sickens me... just thinking of the 'crunch' noise it must make when bitten into.... VOMIT!

Raw steak doesn't sicken me but doesn't do much either. Raw ground beef... now THAT interests me! I just wanna put a mouthful of that sh!t in and chew away!
    hahaha ground beef does look quite well on some days, but like i was saying steak has always been my weakness

Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    Tokyo, raw meats are big here.....don't think it ships to well.
    well damn

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    It's all about the Temperature Danger Zone (TDZ) ~40-140 degrees Fahrenheit. It changes all the time.

Anyway, this is the danger zone the meat has to be in for a period greater than four hours for bacteria to become a problem. Really, with proper refrigeration, that's a long time provided you trust the processing facility didn't have it sitting out for 3 hours already.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    It's all about the Temperature Danger Zone (TDZ) ~40-140 degrees Fahrenheit. It changes all the time.

Anyway, this is the danger zone the meat has to be in for a period greater than four hours for bacteria to become a problem. Really, with proper refrigeration, that's a long time provided you trust the processing facility didn't have it sitting out for 3 hours already.
    does freezing kill bacteria or just prolong it?

Thread Information