Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb Bronzers Cutting Diet

Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 245lbs
    Bf%: 14
    Goal: 7-8% bf by May/June

This is my first cut ever in my life (I was 265lbs at my biggest, but looked like hell, probably somewhere around 18-19% bf). I am going to be eating slightly above maitenance but going to be really hitting cardio hard. I have been cutting down for 7 weeks now, but starting in March, it's time to get very serious. My cardio consists of 30 minutes of Incline Walking (3MPH/ 15% incline) 5 days a week on an empty stomach. Also, I will be doing two additional 30 minute session PWO a week at the same speed and incline. Essentially, I will be doing cardio 7 times a week (in a five day period). My diet is listed below. Please keep in my that I am a full time student, and bounce 5 nights a week. Due to work, pursuing my education and my funds, this is what I am working with. I know the first complaint I am going to hear is how meal 2 should be some sort of whole food...wellll Like I said, school, work, and funds makes it very difficult. My only liquids will be Water and Crystal Light. I am open to all feedback and costructive criticism. Thanks in advance guys.

Meal 1:
    8 Egg Whites, 1 Whole Egg, 1 Cup Of Oates
    Protein: 48g
    Carbs: 56
    Fat: 9
    Calories: 498
    Meal 2:
    3 Scoops of Whey Powder
    Protein: 51
    Carbs: 9g
    Fat: 2g
    Calories: 270
    Meal 3:
    8 oz London Broil, Sweet Potato, 1 Cup of Cucumbers
    Protein: 60g
    Carbs: 28
    Calories: 567
    Meal 4:
    8 oz Grilled Chicken, 2 Tbsp Light Italian Dressing, 1 Cup of Broccoli
    Carbs: 12
    Fat:8
    Calories: 340
    Meal 5:
    8 oz Tuna, Cup of Cucumbers
    Protein: 53
    Carbs: 5
    Fat: 1.5
    Calories: 265
    Meal 6:
    3 Scoops of Whey, 1.5 Scoops of Waxy Maize (PWO)
    Carbs: 57
    Fat: 2
    Calories: 510
    Meal 7:
    1 Cup of Cottage Cheese, 3 Egg Whites
    Protein: 44g
    Carbs: 6
    Fat: 3
    Calories: 225

Total====
    Protein: 358g
    Carbs: 173g
    Fat: 24.5g
    Calories: 2,675
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 04-24-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Call Me Blood is offline New Member
    Need some replies from people who are good dieters? I'd like to follow something like this with you dude if it's a good set up.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post

This is my first cut ever in my life (I was 265lbs at my biggest, but looked like hell, probably somewhere around 18-19% bf). I am going to be eating slightly above maitenance but going to be really hitting cardio hard. I have been cutting down for 7 weeks now, but starting in March, it's time to get very serious. My cardio consists of 30 minutes of Incline Walking (3MPH/ 15% incline) 5 days a week on an empty stomach. Also, I will be doing two additional 30 minute session PWO a week at the same speed and incline. Essentially, I will be doing cardio 7 times a week (in a five day period). My diet is listed below. Please keep in my that I am a full time student, and bounce 5 nights a week. Due to work, pursuing my education and my funds, this is what I am working with. I know the first complaint I am going to hear is how meal 2 should be some sort of whole food...wellll Like I said, school, work, and funds makes it very difficult. My only liquids will be Water and Crystal Light. I am open to all feedback and costructive criticism. Thanks in advance guys.

Meal 1:
    Meal 2:
    3 Scoops of Whey Powder
    Meal 3:
    Meal 4:
    Meal 5:
    Meal 6:
    Meal 7:

Total====
    This is funny bro, since Ive been here I have asked you hundreds of times for advice and now its my turn to give you some of my tips, lol....

Everything looks good to me.

You might want to up your veggies in meals 4 and 5 cause 1 cup of broccoli/cucombers is not much at all but you be the judge. Also, if the cottage cheese at night starts to get boring, you can switch up with 4-8 oz of ground sirloin or a casein shake...

Good luck brother!!

What workout routine if any should be paired with this to maintain as much muscle mass as possible? (Considering the user of such a diet as this is not/unable to use AAS as an aide in the fat loss?) And after you get to where you want to be, how do you maintain your losses? Sorry if I'm jacking your thread man.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    I don't like all these protein only meals.

POPS- Thank you. I was thinking the same thing about upping the veggies, since their basically no harm in terms of macros. As far as the casein at night goes, I don't wanna have to go there, that would mean I would be having 3 shakes a day. Thats a big no no. Sirloin isn't a bad idea, only problem is when I get off work at 4 am, the LAST thing I am gonna wanna do is cook a steak.

Blood- You could pick a few things from this diet and put them into your own. However, we have different stats. I don't want you to get steered into the wrong direction by following mine precisely. If I were you, I would definitely stick to the substances I am eating, but the amount of each will be a lot different for you.

Damien- I don't see too much of a problem with them. After all, I am cutting...I was trying to knock out all my carbs in the am (for the exception of Waxy PWO). Do you have any different suggestions? Thanks though.
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 02-13-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Thanks for the insight. I'm smaller in general than you, but have tons of Muscle Mass throughout me. Problem is I'm concerning how much less I should eat. Especially taking into consideration I need to keep my strength up as far as possible for my job. So..... I'm in a bit of a pickle. :O

You don't see a problem with only protein-only meals, while taking in only 24g of fat a day? Cutting doesn't mean force your body to convert protein into energy.

You'll see better results pairing your protein-only meals with 10g of quality fat sources. Reduce protein to 300g and carbs to 150g accordingly. I know you're thinking, "what's the point of sparing protein intake if I'm reducing it to allow for the increase in fat?"
    The point is that, it's more efficient to take in an energy source as opposed to forcing the body into the less-efficient process of gluconeogenisis. I don't think I have to get into the benefits of a sufficient fat intake with regard to anti-inflammation, metabolic, cardiac, and digestive health.

^^Okay...so what you are essentially suggesting is to reduce my protein and carb intake and increase my fat intake? What should my fat intake look like---40g or so?

I'd say 50g minimum. 12g of which should be from omega-3 fish oil ideally. Just add some fish oil caps and a few nuts to your protein only meals. I assure you, your results will be better.

Mind justifying the foods and implying the changes to the diet? I'm not really experienced with what you're calling quality carbs quality fats quality proteins etc.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    I'd say 50g minimum. 12g of which should be from omega-3 fish oil ideally. Just add some fish oil caps and a few nuts to your protein only meals. I assure you, your results will be better.
    my bad bro, youre right. Dont know how I over looked that.

Maybe assuming he was intaking enough fish oil to fill that gap because 24.5 is kinda low considering that I intake close to 50-60 myself...

Thanks for the help guys. Maybe Fireguy, Nark, Gbrice, or some other expert will chime in here.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Diet looks okay but like stated before protein only meals are not ideal. You either want protein/carb or protein/fat meals. IMO, you need to time your carb meals a little better. I would do 50g of carbs with breakfast, pre workout (1.5-2 hour before weightlifting), and pwo. These will leave you with around 150g of carbs on the day, which is pretty low for a guy your size. Do 3 low carb (~150g) in a row and then follow this up with a refeed day (~250-300g carbs). This will help keep your body guessing and keep your metabolism churning. Make sure all of your carb meals are low GI carbs. Keep the protein lean and for fats stick w/ fish oil, almonds, evoo, and natural peanut butter. Hope this helps, good luck w/ your cut. Let me know if you have any questions.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    see bold =)

Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post

Very ambitious, and if i'm being honest, unlikely. However, 10% is absolutely possible, maybe even 9.

This is my first cut ever in my life (I was 265lbs at my biggest, but looked like hell, probably somewhere around 18-19% bf). I am going to be eating slightly above maitenance but going to be really hitting cardio hard.

I love this. I think you will see excellent results this way, this is my entire preaching!

I have been cutting down for 7 weeks now, but starting in March, it's time to get very serious. My cardio consists of 30 minutes of Incline Walking (3MPH/ 15% incline) 5 days a week on an empty stomach.

Awesome. I was doing an incline of 13 at 3.5MPH, so very similar, and tough!

Also, I will be doing two additional 30 minute session PWO a week at the same speed and incline.

Why only 2? Why not after every workout? This isn't enough cardio to reach your goals. If you're eating above maintenance and want to trim bodyfat, you've gotta KILL the cardio. Ideally, you want 6 days/week bare minimum, 2x a day if possible. Stick with steady state/lower-mid intensity fasted, and then do some intervals PWO, not this same am cardio.

Essentially, I will be doing cardio 7 times a week (in a five day period).

Do alot more!

My diet is listed below. Please keep in my that I am a full time student, and bounce 5 nights a week. Due to work, pursuing my education and my funds, this is what I am working with. I know the first complaint I am going to hear is how meal 2 should be some sort of whole food...wellll Like I said, school, work, and funds makes it very difficult. My only liquids will be Water and Crystal Light. I am open to all feedback and costructive criticism. Thanks in advance guys.

Meal 1:

Great start to the day

Meal 2:
    3 Scoops of Whey Powder

If you can't get real food here, understood about the whey. Just do your best, real food will go much further for you. Potentially do 2 scoops of whey and add some healthy fat here - serving of nuts, 1/2 avacado, tbsp of oil, about 10g of healthy fat IMO. Protein only meals aren't ideal.

Meal 3:

I scanned the diet and don't see a pre/pwo meal listed. I am assuming Meal 5 is preworkout since meal 6 is a shake + waxy maize. If so, I would move this meal to preworkout - keep carbs at first meal of the day and around your workout window. make the rest pro/fat

Meal 4:

Meal 5:

Lower protein if you have to and add some fat. I like the tuna (tonno) in olive oil, perfect pro/fat meal! However, move this meal to meal 3, and move meal 3 here for pre-workout (assuming this meal IS preworkout). You need the carbs to fuel an intense session

Meal 6:

Nice PWO meal

Meal 7:

Any way you can do some steak here instead? Seeing as it's your last meal of the day and first real meal after a shake PWO, i'd rather seem something of substance. normally cottage cheese is fine before bed, but I would do steak or lean ground beef here instead. If you do the beef, you'll have some built in fats. If you MUST stick with cottage cheese, add about 10g healthy fat - a tbsp of oil should do.

Total====

Protein is too high, fats are too low, carbs are perfect IMO. Double fats AT LEAST. Drop protein as needed to make up the difference in calories so you still wind up around the 2700 mark.

Gbrice- thanks so much buddy. You have helped me out a lot on my first cut. Much appericated. I'm gonna up the cardio PWO like you said. Maybe I'll do some biking or something to switch up the movement and intensity. I'm definitely going to up the fat, probably add in some natty PB, olive oil, and fish oils. You're also right about switching my pre work out meals around, its just so difficult being a full time student and working from 9-4am...but I WILL do it. No excuses

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    You got it bro! Keep us posted with your progress!

Thread Information