Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BUTTERYGOODNESS is offline Anabolic Member

Cool BUTTERYGOODNESS Diet and workout log

Ok i was recomended that i should start this thread here being diet is so key so please critique it and my workout please. keep in mind i have a budget and im a college student but i do have an unlimited meal plan.. more infowill be given as needed and requested. thank to all ahead of time for your constructive criticism and insight.

Stats-
    age-18
    weight-237
    bf-estimated 22-26
    workout exp-3 years
    cycle history- none

Monday 2/15/11

Diet for today
    Wake up- BCAAs, 50g whey shake 1c oatmeal
    45 min later- 12 oz chicken breast plain, 1 banana, glass of v8
    2nd meal- 6 oz ham 2 slices whole grain bread 3 straw berries
    pre workout- BCAAs 3 scoops of jack3d
    post-BCAAs 50g whey
    45 min later 12 egg whites, 1 stalk of celery, v8, apple, and handful of dry oats
    vday dinner- 16 oz tbone steak($29) assorted veggies
    bedtime- 50g casein

Workout Chest
    Incline db press 4 sets, 8-8-7-9
    Flat db press 4 sets. 8-7-7-9
    peck deck- 4 sets, 8-8-10-10
    inclin db fly- 4 sets 8-9-10-12

workout was pretty damn awesome it was just confusing getting my weights right shooting for higher reps as to my usuall 6s base, but still felt fvcking awesome.

im not exactly sure about how to go about posting a log so ne input as to the info needed would be most helpful

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Great to see you here Bud!
    GOOD LUCK!

thanks slimmer!!! i can always count on you for support! i cant get on the weekends tho cause i go back home and theres no internet in BFE

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Glad to see this log started. I'll be following for sure. Goodluck.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    glad to see this to i wish i wasnt so lazy and busy id have a log lol. anyways cant wait to see how you turn out bud. you didnt say anythign about cardio, are you going to be hitting that up to??

thanks everyone, i will be doing that starting today, i didnt yesterday because i didnt have time due to vday reservations

Quote Originally Posted by BUTTERYGOODNESS View Post
    thanks everyone, i will be doing that starting today, i didnt yesterday because i didnt have time due to vday reservations
    ah yes vday screws everything up lol

lmao tell me about it, the dinner cost 65 bux!!!!!

lol first time in 3 yearsi didnt have to buy anyone anything. so happy

lol saves alot of money lol.
    BTW ILL B POSTING THE DAILY LOGS AT NIGHT SO IT CAN ALL GO UP IN ONE POST

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Ok i was recomended that i should start this thread here being diet is so key so please critique it and my workout please. keep in mind i have a budget and im a college student but i do have an unlimited meal plan.. more infowill be given as needed and requested. thank to all ahead of time for your constructive criticism and insight.

Stats-
    age-18
    weight-237
    bf-estimated 22-26
    workout exp-3 years
    cycle history- none

Monday 2/15/11

Diet for today
    Wake up- BCAAs, 50g whey shake 1c oatmeal Good
    45 min later- 12 oz chicken breast plain, 1 banana, glass of v8 Why 45 minutes later? Make it 2 hours later. You're cutting, it'll be fine. 6-8 oz. of chicken is plenty, not 12. Remove the banana and V8 as both are sugar which hinders fat burning. Replace with 1/2 cup oatmeal, brown rice, or some other non-processed complexed carb such as lentils, sweet potato, or beans. Go for 30g complex carbs or so.
    2nd meal- 6 oz ham 2 slices whole grain bread 3 straw berries Remove the ham. Filled with sodium and nitrates, heavily processed. Replace with 6 oz. lean chicken, fish, or steak. Replace the whole grain bread for 30g carbs via the sources I mentioned above. You can have more strawberries, they're very low in sugar. I'd have a 1/2 cup with breakfast too.
    pre workout- BCAAs 3 scoops of jack3d
    post-BCAAs 50g whey Whey only PWO is fine provided you can always get your next meal in within 15-45 minutes
    45 min later 12 egg whites, 1 stalk of celery, v8, apple, and handful of dry oats Remove the V8 and the apple. Eat 1/2 cup oats (Hopefully not dry, lol).
    vday dinner- 16 oz tbone steak($29) assorted veggies Start having a small 6 oz. steak every day for this meal! If it's a lean one, like flank, add a teaspoon or two of olive oil to the veggies depending on your caloric needs. If it's a fatty steak like a flat iron or something expensive, the meat alone is a pro/fat meal.
    bedtime- 50g casein Add a tablespoon of natural PB.

Workout Chest
    Incline db press 4 sets, 8-8-7-9
    Flat db press 4 sets. 8-7-7-9
    peck deck- 4 sets, 8-8-10-10
    inclin db fly- 4 sets 8-9-10-12

workout was pretty damn awesome it was just confusing getting my weights right shooting for higher reps as to my usuall 6s base, but still felt fvcking awesome.

im not exactly sure about how to go about posting a log so ne input as to the info needed would be most helpful
    That's how I'd like to see you eating every day for 12-weeks. You'd see amazing results.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    That's how I'd like to see you eating every day for 12-weeks. You'd see amazing results.
    sounds good man i rly appreciate the input, ill do my best to stik as close as i can to it but just remember that i have college cafe food to work with but ill try and scrounge up some money for the things i need
    if you would critique as much and as often as u want so i can be fine tuned, ill do watever it takes

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    seriously mate... if you start a proper cardio regime, you will be amazed how that can accellerate your productivity...

i'm not sure what your diet comes out to in terms of macros, but you need to post that so we can take a look at it.... if you are serious, first step is to cut weight down to a lower bf%.... body always responds better that way.... of course, I'm a wee bit older, but before i got "confined to barracks" i'd walk between 3 and 5 miles a day... with a 30 minute walk/jog somewhere in the middle

how tall are you... didn't see that in the stats

and I know exactly what you mean about college cafateria chow.... dinner here is almost pure carbs, not sure really what to do about that yet...?

o my bad bro im 5 10 or 5 11

Bud, Buttery, or Bugs or Bgood......you pick...

What kind of cardio do you have planned? Remember if you are not used to cardio which I think I read somewhere, then make sure you monitor your heart rate to get it in a good zone. Sometimes walking real fast is better than running if you are not used to it and then build up to running........my 02

ps: your game plan is now in motion!

ya i start my cardio today so im waiting to c what that feels like lol. how do i figure up my macros if im not completely sure of the equivalences? do i just look em up?

lol i like buttery lol but nething else will do, ill figure out ur talkin to me
    ill probbaly do a moderate paced walk at an incline on treadmill, running suks for me because i get shin splints, im not sure if its cause im flat footed or not
    o and cardio 30 min sessions ima do em after i work out but im trying to get on a sleep schedule that allows me to do then wen i wake up

ill probbaly do a moderate paced walk at an incline on treadmill, running suks for me because i get shin splints, im not sure if its cause im flat footed or not
    o and cardio 30 min sessions ima do em after i work out but im trying to get on a sleep schedule that allows me to do then wen i wake up
    at this point I would not go up an incline...the goal of you is to walk as fast as you can at a steady pace IMO and the more motion the better plus going up an incline might effect your shins.....I would walk flat and fast....

and try to get up early on an empty stomach.....this is the best

and oh! please for me, it you could type more of your words fully as opposed to text style since that is mainly the format here IMO and it also helps foreigners too...makes it easier for everyone
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 02-15-2011 at 11:57 AM.

a 30 minute walk/jog might be a good way to start

ya i start my cardio today so im waiting to c what that feels like lol. how do i figure up my macros if im not completely sure of the equivalences? do i just look em up?
    if you PM me with your email address, I have a self calculating macro calculator in MS Excel.....

Okay i will definitely do that to start with and log what it feels like. Also attempt getting up earlier lol. Okay sorry i was just trying to type quicker but I completely understand.
    thanks again slimmer!

to TR
    ya im going to do my cardio that way for now until i can up the intensity.
    I cant PM anyone still or access my profile.

^^^^ need to post on Message Board to let admin know about PM's along with your visitor messages too....
    plus there is a website a lot of members use here for counting macros....starts with "life"...something....

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    I'm same size as you get shin splints easily too.. I prefer the stairmaster because your feet never leave the ground hence no shin splints..

Ive posted on private and open forum already. He responded on the private thread saying to try again but it still doesn't work and ive message again on there. Ill try again with another though. Ok ill try and figure it out-macros that is

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150;552***9
    I'm same size as you get shin splints easily too.. I prefer the stairmaster because your feet never leave the ground hence no shin splints..
    oh ok cool. ya i was thinking that and eliptical

Cardio suggestions? You need to be doing cardio every single day and preferably 2x's a day.....so get going.....hope you have at least one cardio to report today.....tough love coming your way from me already....

lol tough love is fine lol but i will have one for today

Don't let college ruin your diet. You can get a cheap plug-in rice cooker for brown rice and a george foreman for lean meat. Fill in the gaps with tuna, shakes, natural PB, microwavable oats.

to TR
    ya im going to do my cardio that way for now until i can up the intensity.
    I cant PM anyone still or access my profile.
    well, when ya figure it out, i have a super slick spreadsheet that does all the work... about 1500 foods, you just input the weight of what you eat,and it keeps a running total of your macros for the day.... or you can do meal by meal, or food by food... you decide... the third tab is from last year when I was eating about 4k cals / day... real clean diet, balanced macros, but 4k cals / day is a little more than normal for me... I was constantly full

...built it myself

here's a thought... you could sign up for a free email account for this specific purpose, post it here, I can email it to you, and then after, you can just abandon that account.... but don't post your regular email account... that wouldn't be wise

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Don't let college ruin your diet. You can get a cheap plug-in rice cooker for brown rice and a george foreman for lean meat. Fill in the gaps with tuna, shakes, natural PB, microwavable oats.
    were not allowed a rice cooker or foreman in our rooms. but microwaves are all good!!

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    well, when ya figure it out, i have a super slick spreadsheet that does all the work... about 1500 foods, you just input the weight of what you eat,and it keeps a running total of your macros for the day.... or you can do meal by meal, or food by food... you decide... the third tab is from last year when I was eating about 4k cals / day... real clean diet, balanced macros, but 4k cals / day is a little more than normal for me... I was constantly full

...built it myself

here's a thought... you could sign up for a free email account for this specific purpose, post it here, I can email it to you, and then after, you can just abandon that account.... but don't post your regular email account... that wouldn't be wise
    hell ya bro thats impressive!!! i really wanna see it whenever i get it all fixed
    ill just wait bud. thanks for the idea tho. depending on how long it takes for this to get fixed i might end up doing it anyways

were not allowed a rice cooker or foreman in our rooms. but microwaves are all good!!
    Rotisserie chicken breasts, eggs, tuna, and no-bun burgers for pro/fat i guess!

lol i can do those things lol especially eggs they have unlimited boiled eggs

TR wanna share such a thing with me? lol

btw buttface i do 40-60 mins cardio on the stairmaster everyday. some times twice a day just started this on last monday

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    a wise man once told me it is easier to ask for forgiveness than it permission. and open window and no one would know the difference. unless your roommate is a rat.

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    a wise man once told me it is easier to ask for forgiveness than it permission. and open window and no one would know the difference. unless your roommate is a rat.
    calgarian said that. not so wise but yes i agreed i bring one in

lol ill c what i can do
    is roast beef ok?

Don't you go away for the weekend where there is a real kitchen? If so, sounds like a cooking marathon might be in store for you....how ' bout it?

yep!!!!! ill try, my family isnt to health oriented, so ill try to get the money i need

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information