Thread: casein protein

fishizzle0927 is offline Associate Member

casein protein

what foods are out there that have casein protein in them? im under the impression that casein breaks down faster to supply protein to your muscles faster.....

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishizzle0927 View Post
    what foods are out there that have casein protein in them? im under the impression that casein breaks down faster to supply protein to your muscles faster.....
    exact opposite. It breaks down slower. Casein is mostly used before bed cause it is a slow digestion protein. Cottage cheese is good so is ground sirloin....

fishizzle0927 is offline Associate Member
    just double checked that and you are correct kind sir. thanks for setting me straight!

maxwkw is offline Associate Member
    casein is the main protein source in dairy

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Dairy basically has 2 proteins - whey and casein. Get dairy that isn't high in sugar (like milk is) such as plain yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.

Just to be clear - Pops meant that beef/steak is a good option before bed (best actually, IMO), not that it's a casein protein.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Dairy basically has 2 proteins - whey and casein. Get dairy that isn't high in sugar (like milk is) such as plain yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.

Just to be clear - Pops meant that beef/steak is a good option before bed (best actually, IMO), not that it's a casein protein.
    thanks!!!

sorry bout that, lol...

Gucks is offline Member
    milk is about 80/20 whey to casein ratio for protein which is y they make whey from milk and casein from cheese, cottage cheese is about 60/40 whey to casein. i h8 tht shit tho so i just take a casein shake b4 bed. nuts aswell r slow proteins, only becasue they r hard for stomach 2 break down tho. hope tht helps!

*Flex* is offline New Member
    Steak for dinner and cottage cheese for bed works well for me!

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You think casien is better than whey?I know whey is in and out of your system quick..Probably excrete most mine out on the flip side..Ive always kinda wondered how they stack up..I drink alot of muscle milk and thats a mixed casien and whey..Anyway you slice it I prefer a big chicken breast!!

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Another question Ive been thinking..Isn't the harder something is to digest the harder it makes your heart work to digest..Ive read of men who ate very small multiple meals of easy to digest foods and swear thats there secret to no heart problems..

Thread Information