leebo73 is offline Junior Member

Slightly Confused??

I am not sure how to ask this question so I will try not to drag this out. I am 37,6 foot even and am 180lbs. I figured my bmr around 1600 and using the harris equation my maintenance intake to be around 2850 calories. I am trying to bulk up so have put myself at 3600 calories ( sometimes more ) with my ratios pretty close to 40/40/20. I use this app on my droid ( which is awesome ) called fitness pal which has a huge database and does all your math and everything for you. Ok so know for the question ..I will be getting ready to go top bed and my app will tell me where I am like if I reached my goal of 3600 or how much more to go etc. But it also asks for the amount of exercise I have done in the day so at night I have easily reached my goal but then I will put in my workout and since I am a carpenter my time at work and then bam it takes back like 2500 calories and now I owe ..So should I be eating more ? I thought my job and everything was included in the equation ?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Your TDEE (maintenance) is supposed to be your daily calories after all activities are factored in. That includes your workout and everything else you do. TDEE = Total Daily Energy Expenditure. So either the app is screwed up, or you input some information incorrectly.

leebo73 is offline Junior Member
    The app is taking everything I ate then minusing what I do in a day, so if I want to be at 3600 calories and I am burning just say 2000 a day does that mean my intake should be 5600 ? Doesnt sound right to me , by the way I am making steady gains just freaking out a little.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    If ur making steady gains why the fuk r bothered about TDEE

I hate all this TDEE bullshit

Just keep doin what ur doin...

U wana gain more - eat more

U wana loose weight - eat less

Simples...

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    If ur making steady gains why the fuk r bothered about TDEE

I hate all this TDEE bullshit

Just keep doin what ur doin...

U wana gain more - eat more

U wana loose weight - eat less

Simples...
    I think it's important to have an idea of your maintenance calories when starting out as if a number is chosen out of the air, it could be way too high or low and set a person back even further.

However, once you have an idea, it's all about monitoring progress and making small adjustments until you find your sweet spot, at this point I agree with not worrying so much about it.

Thread Information