Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Daboss is offline New Member

My Massive Weight Loss Adventure. Need help and support from forum members!

Ok so I have decided to lose weight first then build up muscle. I am going to start a blog basically to help aid in my determination and to assist with me sticking to it. I have seen how supportive people are here and how knowledgeable many of you are and I think this is the perfect place to keep me goal orientated.

So lets start by talking about my body and what we are working with:

Age 29
    Sex: Male
    Weight: 305
    LBM: 202.5
    BF%: 33.6
    BMI: 36.6
    Cardio HR :124 BPM
    BMR = 2353.31 TDEE 3235.80

Those are the stats I have gotten reading through the forums. The TDEE and BMR are gotten from the Katch-McArdle Formula as posted it being the most accurate by other posters.

*Notes:

I have had 2 knees surgery's on right knee for meniscus tears, 1 on left about 5 weeks ago and another upcoming right knee surgery 4/13/11 for same issue. I was injured working and have since decided to find a new career path so I stop with the knee issues.

I had a stint of weight lifting and 5 day a week cardio about 5 years ago since then not so much. I would consider myself a beginner with resistence training and proper diet.

DIET:

I have watched the video series posted by members: Milos Sarcev's 6 part secrets to the pro's and have mirrored what I think is a decent diet. I want to do my morning workout empty stomach for best fat burning results. I have read some information and debates written by members including Phate and Eatrainrest about the best empty stomach regime to intake before and directly after workout and I want to insure I am doing it correctly.

8:00 am Morning Drink 1 hour prior to workout

2tsp glutamine, 1 3/4 cup pasturized liquid egg whites 100% (Sometimes I use Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder if I can't stomach the liquid eggs that day) and 1/2 tsp beta alanine. This provides 42g protein 7g carbs 0g fat 210 calories

8:50 am BCAA Drink it ON Essential Amino Energy
    Here is a link to the product so you know what I am using. This provides 0 protein 2g carbs 0 fat 10 calories.

9:00am Workout 124 BPM optimum HR for aerobic fat loss 30 minute resistance 30 minute LIT- I ride the recumbent bike due to sore knee.

10:00 am PWO Whey shake Cytosport Muscle Milk cant find accurate nutritional link. This provides 32g protein 16g carbs 12g fat 300 calories

12:00pm Subway triple meat roasted chicked salad made with spinach instead of lettuce, green pepper, cucumber, onion, jalepeno, vinager and mustard 3 pieces chicken breast. This provides 43g protein 9g carbs 6g fat 250 calories

2:00pm Fish 4oz smoked salmon packaged. This provides 30g protein 0 g carbs 12g fat 240 calories

4:00pm Whey Shake again. This provides 32g protein 16g carbs 12g fat 300 calories

6:00 pm Beef Beef, round, eye of round roast, separable lean only, trimmed to 1/8" fat, select, cooked, roasted 4 oz. This provides 32g protein 0g carbs 4g fat 184 calories

8:00pm Cottage Cheese 1% low fat 12oz or .75 pound. This provides 42g protein 9g carbs 3g fat 245 calories

10:00 pm .5 Turkey Lean Packaged. This provides 36g protein 4g carbs 4g fat 200 calories

*NOTE Also with each meal I will consume two sticks of celery or 1 cup fresh spinach green topped with 1oz apple cider vinegar or 1 fresh red bell pepper or 1 cup raw red cabbage.

So totals for the day without account for the add ons in the notes are:

289g protein 63g carbs 53g fat 1939 calories

Please take it easy on me this is my first time with this and I tried to get the correct information *wink

WORKOUT ROUTINE:

I am going to the gym 5 days a week. I have NO idea what routine I should have still trying to research that but currently I am just going in the morning for 45 minutes riding the recumbent bike keeping my HR at 124 BPM.

Any help here is appreciated.

PICTURE'S:

If you are easily offended or scarred by fat rolls please divert away from this post IMMEDIATELY!!! (have to have humor when you are as big as I am)

So here is what we are working with:

* Let me know if those pictures will do for visuals.

I know I am a big boy and have a long road ahead of me, but I have the determination to get healthy. I am getting married in 28 days and want to start a family within 2 years and I want to be able to run and play with my children with out running out of breathe or falling behind. I want to live longer and enjoy life and right now I cannot do that with me being this way. I know I can do it I just need a little support and guidance along the way and that is why I am here. I am ready to give you guys whatever information you need so I can succeed and I will do whatever needs to be done to achieve my goals.

GOALS:

I weigh 305 Lb right now, I would like to lose weight and get down to 245 before I start building and bulking. I do not think that is over shooting but maybe it is. I do not have a date to reach the goal I just want to do it as intelligently and fast. By fast I mean working my AS* off literally and putting in the effort to see the best results, I am not looking for weight loss quick schemes as we all know those do not work. This is a new plan and hopefully this is my NEW LIFE!

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am going to use this particular post to track my weekly goals so I can stay motivated. I will update with weekly or bi-weekly picture just so I have an Idea where I am at and I can easily look back to this first post and see the pictures of how I never want to be again.

Food Day 1

12:30 pm Wake up Liquid Egg shake 2 tsp glutamine, 1 3/4 cup egg whites, 1/2 tsp beta alanine
    Provided 42g Protein 7g Carbs 0 Fat 210 Calories

1:30 pm Pre WO BCAA drink Provided 0g Protein 2g Carbs 0g Fat 10 Calories

1:40pm Work out 40 minute recumbent bike hr Avg. 125 yielded -167 Calories totaling 14.5 miles

2:30 pm PWO Whey shake provided 32g Protein 16g Carbs 12g Fat 300 Calories

5:00pm 7oz tuna in water w/1oz mustard yellow and 1oz tabasco sauce mixed in and 1 cup raw spinach w/ 1 oz apple cider vinegar and 2 sticks celery provided: 30g Protein 6.25g Carbs 1.25g Fat 156 calories

7:00 pm 4oz smoked salmon pre packaged provided: 30g Protein 0g Carbs 12g Fat 240 Calories

9:00pm Egg shake powder 1.75 serving 1.5 cup raw red cabbage 1 raw bell pepper provided: 43.25g Protein 31g Carbs 0g Fat 352 Cal

Totals for the day:

First day and woke up late so poor results:

6 meals instead of 8 today

Protein 177.25g Carbs 62.25 (26.25 from greens/veggies) Fat 25.25 Calories 1,268

-167 calories for work out

TDEE 3236 intake for the day 1,101 ....terrible

Food Day 2

Again woke up late really working on a schedule, I will get there.

10:30 am Wake up Liquid Egg shake 2 tsp glutamine, 1/2 tsp beta alanine
    Provided 24g Protein 4g Carbs 0 Fat 120 Calories

12:45 pm whey shake Whey shake provided 32g Protein 16g Carbs 12g Fat 300 Calories

1:50 pm Pre WO BCAA drink Provided 0g Protein 2g Carbs 0g Fat 10 Calories

2:00 pm Workout 40 minute recumbent bike hr Avg. 126 yielded -169 Calories totaling 14.6 miles

2:50 pm PWO Egg Shake Powder 1 stick celery Provided: 24g Protein 6g Carbs 0 Fat 128 Calories

5:00 pm 7oz tuna in water w/1oz mustard yellow and 1oz tabasco sauce mixed in and 1 cup raw spinach w/ 1 oz apple cider vinegar and 2 sticks celery provided: 30g Protein 6.25g Carbs 1.25g Fat 156 calories

7:25 pm 1 cup red cabbage raw 1/2 bell pepper 7oz tuna in water w/1oz mustard yellow and 1oz tabasco sauce provided: 30.5g protein 15g carbs 1.25g fat 207 calories

10:00 pm 4oz smoked salmon 1 cup cottage cheese provided: 56g protein 10g carbs 0g fat 360 calories

Totals for today:

Again only 6 meals instead of 8

Protein 196.5 Carbs 59.25 Fat 14.5 calories 1281

TDEE 3236 intake for the day 1,281 ....really need to get the other two meals in.
    Last edited by Daboss; 03-05-2011 at 02:21 PM. Reason: miscalculation on cottage cheese

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Dude i will come back and have a closer look when i get the time to sit down

Well layed out couple of posts tho

If u have the balls to follow this through untill the end i will be supporting u all the way, if u drop off once so will I, for good

Dont cheat and stick to a plan

That plan needs to be tweaked im sure but I dont have the time ATM

In sure the crew will be all over his thread soon so just hold tight qnd dont do anything stupid

Good luck man, lets get u down to 12% BF

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Any by the way ur cals r way too low

Lets get u at LBM x 15 for now and see how ur weight goes

First of all, props to you bro for making a commitment to change and posting this up so you can be held accountable.

I will let someone else go through your diet in detail, but get your cals up (LBM x 15 like Base said) and for the love of God get your fat up! EFA's (essential fatty acids) are ESSENTIAL for your body to function properly. Only 14g a day for an extended period of time is extremely unhealthy. Not to mention, it's not ideal for fat loss either because with your fats that low your body will store all of your dietary fat as body fat which completely defeats the purpose. I think 40g - 50g minimum would be a better amount.

Also, for the time being don't worry about doing higher intensity cardio or intervals for extended periods of time in regard to burning LBM. IMO you should be doing as much cardio as you can stand as intensely as possible ie. it's okay to get your heart rate up much higher as long as you feel that you are healthy enough to do so. As high as your BF % is (no offense) your body is not going to use the little bit of LBM you have as a fuel source when you have that much BF available to burn.

Good luck man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    First of all, props to you bro for making a commitment to change and posting this up so you can be held accountable.

Also, for the time being don't worry about doing higher intensity cardio or intervals for extended periods of time in regard to burning LBM. IMO you should be doing as much cardio as you can stand as intensely as possible ie. it's okay to get your heart rate up much higher as long as you feel that you are healthy enough to do so. As high as your BF % is (no offense) your body is not going to use the little bit of LBM you have as a fuel source when you have that much BF available to burn.

Good luck man.
    First let me say you cant offend someone with the truth, My BF % is high cause I am tubby.

I was planning on purchasing some UDO's Oil for my EFA's what do you think?

I cant wait until I go to the gym in 30 minutes and do a full hour at a higher heart rate this is great news for me! So no problems getting on the recumbent bike for 1 hour at 135-145 HR

Thank you for taking the time to read this and lend your support I appreciate it.

tom502 is offline New Member
    I'm similar, and also have decided to not bother to much with building, and focus on getting the fat off. I'm 235 at 5'6", and not only do I have a massive gut, I feel like schitt all the time and have zero energy. Plus I have some health concerns with being obese as well. I am 43. I have layed out a diet plan for myself which I plan to start on Monday. I'm a food addict, so my weight issues have been a problem most of my life, but I feel now is the real time I have to succeed. I know it's been said before. Anyway, I don't want to hijack your thread.

Wish you all the best. My advice, is one has to become a fanatic, and never cheat, become obsessed, and have a goal, don't stop till that goal is achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Dude i will come back and have a closer look when i get the time to sit down

Well layed out couple of posts tho

If u have the balls to follow this through untill the end i will be supporting u all the way, if u drop off once so will I, for good

Dont cheat and stick to a plan

That plan needs to be tweaked im sure but I dont have the time ATM

In sure the crew will be all over his thread soon so just hold tight qnd dont do anything stupid

Good luck man, lets get u down to 12% BF

Any by the way ur cals r way too low
    Yeah I know my calories are too low its because I planned for a 8 meal day and trying to get on a completely new schedule is proving difficult, not the diet and exercise part just the going to bed waking up early part. I am really enjoying the diet and exercise part.

I will work on getting those up ASAP.

I am all open for assistance and thank you so much for offering you support, it means a lot.

I eagerly await the diet changes, and to let you know today PWO there will be Oatmeal involved! yay.

I do have a question about "cheating" I read that it is a good idea to once a week eat a normal style meal, not go to McDonalds three times in a day but have dinner out somewhere but make it a healthier choice than the places worst dish.

Also I have cut out Alcohol completely, is there any way if there is a cheat day that I take 5 shots of whiskey or something like that? If there are no cheat days then it doesnt matter no drinks for me. Just wondering because there is a family member in town and that has been our ritual ever since I moved away. But like I said I am very dedicated to this and if it is no it is no problem at all.

Also, I am getting married 4/2/11 and 4/9/11 two different states, I unfortunately will be partaking in drinks and fun for my Bachelor's Party and my wedding I figured I would let everyone know so you do not hold it against me it is pre planned. There will really only be 4 days of festivities I will remain on diet and exercise for the morning half of those days to limit negative results on those days.

Again thanks for the support and taking the time to look over the meal plan.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by Daboss View Post
    First let me say you cant offend someone with the truth, My BF % is high cause I am tubby.

I was planning on purchasing some UDO's Oil for my EFA's what do you think?

I cant wait until I go to the gym in 30 minutes and do a full hour at a higher heart rate this is great news for me! So no problems getting on the recumbent bike for 1 hour at 135-145 HR

Thank you for taking the time to read this and lend your support I appreciate it.
    for your EFA's you can just get a bunch of walnuts or almonds.. they are better than flaxseed oil and will actually fill you up a bit.. you and i have close to the same LBM.. i only started cutting march 1st... subscribing to yours.

you should be getting in at least 2k calories.. a 2k deficit is going to melt away muscle.. also, try and consume at least 50g of fat per day.. from either fish or nuts.. or olive oil or something like that works too..

here is my log.. if i can do it so can you.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...%29&highlight=
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...%29&highlight=

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    It takes a lot to put together a plan (and stick to it) and also post pics of yourself and put yourself out there for the world to see. Don't give up dude, good luck!!!!

Also I have cut out Alcohol completely, is there any way if there is a cheat day that I take 5 shots of whiskey or something like that? If there are no cheat days then it doesnt matter no drinks for me. Just wondering because there is a family member in town and that has been our ritual ever since I moved away. But like I said I am very dedicated to this and if it is no it is no problem at all.

Also, I am getting married 4/2/11 and 4/9/11 two different states, I unfortunately will be partaking in drinks and fun for my Bachelor's Party and my wedding I figured I would let everyone know so you do not hold it against me it is pre planned. There will really only be 4 days of festivities I will remain on diet and exercise for the morning half of those days to limit negative results on those days.
    Most the guys on here are gonig to tel lyou no on the alcohol.. i plan on drinking, as i am Irish.. i used to drink 15-20 pints a night 2 times a week.. and only maintained mass.. obviously that type of drinking can not happpen.. but a few shots of whiskey are not going to kill you...

just keep in mind that a shot is 105 calories.. although it is very debateable on if alcohol turns into fat or not.. i have read that it does and i have read that it doesn't.. so who know really.. if you plan on drinking (as i plan on gonig for a couple whiskeys tonight) just work it into your calorie diet.. i.e. if you plan on having a few shots of whiskey cut out carbs in your last few meals to compensate. as for your wedding, enjoy it, your journey is not going to be completed in just a few weeks nor will it be ruined with just a few days.

here as an article regarding boozing on a diet:
    http://www.formerfatguy.com/weight-l...#axzz1FkdBZvDG
    Last edited by MACHINE5150; 03-05-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Machine thank you for all your info, I am subscribed to your thread also. I was going to purchase Udo's Oil is this a good alternative or is it better to go with the nuts?

Recumbent Bike Seats

So I did it, it is a small accomplishment but nonetheless it is an accomplishment for me...1 hour on the bike at Average hr 136 for 21.60 miles...what I do want to say is I would like to file a complaint against the seat makers of the bike I was on. After about 48 minutes the pain kicked in and I wanted to stop, but then I reminded myself not to quit and to press on because the pain means I am getting healthier and getting that much closer to reaching my goal. But Jesus the seats are horrendous, literally felt like I was butt molested by Ron Jeremy, not something I am looking forward to 5 days a week.

But I digress, good day small achievement in hand and an obstacle overcome!

PS. Did you know fat guys sweat a LOT! @ 50 minutes I was praying for a shower!
    Last edited by Daboss; 03-05-2011 at 02:09 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Daboss,

First, a few congrats are in order. One, for making the commitment to change your lifestyle. It's hard work man, I won't lie, but SOO worth it. When you're finally on that beach and look better then 99% of the people around you, you'll softly smile to yourself because you know you have 'arrived'.

Props also for posting up pics. It takes balls to do, but it's the right way as it will help us follow your journey. You never need to worry about people making fun of you or sh!t talking, it's simply not tolerated here and those people who do are dealt with swiftly. You've joined a great community of knowledgeable supportive people. On to your plan...

I actually don't think you're too far off with your TDEE. K-M has you at 3235, and LBM x 15 puts you right around the 3000 mark. Either way you slice it, you're proposed calories are WAY too low. At a nearly 1000 calorie deficit, you will burn LBM along with the fat, and ultimately slow your metabolism, making it harder to put on clean weight in the future.

My suggestion is to start on a 2500 calorie diet with a 40/40/20 macro split to start with. That works out to:

250g protein / 1000 calories
    250g carbs / 1000 calories
    55g fat / 500 calories

We can tweak it from there. I see that you are trying to keep your carbs low, and I don't disagree (although you had them too low IMO). I would now drop carbs to 175g. That leaves us 300 calories to make up. I'd bump protein to around 300g, and fat up to 65g.

Break this down to 6-8 small meals throughout the day, as it seems you're already doing. Keep the majority of your carbs focused in your first meal of the day and around your workout window (pre/pwo). Make those all starchy carbs - oats, sweet potato, yam, quinoa, brown rice, lentils, beans, high quality whole grain pasta or bread (look into products from 'Food For Life'), etc.

The rest of your carbs should come in the way of fiberous/leafy green veggies - broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, green lettuces, kale, spinach, green beans, brussell sprouts, etc. You're eating some veggies now, but celery doesn't provide much in the way of nutrients.

Make sure you have lean protein in every meal. Boneless skinless chicken breast, turkey breast (not cold cuts), lean beef and cuts of steak, eggs, egg whites, high quality protein powders, fish, etc.

Finally, make sure you're getting your healthy fats in. These can be found in nuts, nut butters, avacado, oily fish (salmon, trout, bluefish, etc), olive oil, macadamia nut oil, cashew oil, and so on....

Try to keep your protein/carb meals separate from your protein/fat meals, with the carb meals eaten at the proper times as I mentioned above, where there is a much larger requirement for energy.

Subway sandwiches are probably a step in the right direction from where you're coming from, but ultimately i'd like to see you eating cleaner.

Take a look at my current diet below for an idea. I don't want you to copy it, I just want you to see the layout, food choices, timing, etc to get an idea of what i'm talking about:

GB's Current Diet:

PROTEIN/CARBS/FAT/TOTAL CALORIES

MEAL 1 - PRE-WORKOUT
    4:30am

Premier protein shake - 30/5/3/160
    1 cup oats - 10/52/5/280
    1 Extra Large Whole Egg - 7/0/5/90
    1/2 cup liquid egg whites - 12/2/0/60
    1/2 cup blueberries - 0/10/0/40

TOTALS: 60/70/12.5/620

5:30am - WORKOUT, followed by 1 hour cardio

MEAL 2 - POST WORKOUT
    7:30am

1 cup oats - 10/52/5/280
    2 scoops Myofusion - 50/10/6/315

TOTAL: 60/60/11/600

MEAL 3
    10:00am

6oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - 36/0/2.5/165
    7oz Sweet Potato - 3/35/0/150
    1 Cup Green Beans - 1/4/0/20

TOTALS: 40/40/2/350

MEAL 4
    1:00pm

4oz 95/5 Lean Ground Beef - 35/0/7/200
    1/2 cup (a little over) Brown Rice - 5/40/1/180
    1/4 cup tomato sauce - 0/3/0/12
    2 cups baby spinach - 2/2/0/15

TOTALS: 40/45/8/415

MEAL 5
    4:00pm

3/4 cup 1% Milk Fat Cottage Cheese, No Sodium Added: 20/7.5/2.5/135
    1 scoop ON 100% Casein - 24/3/1/120
    2tbsp PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter - 4/6/1/50

TOTALS: 50/15/4/300

MEAL 6
    7:00pm

6oz Broiled Tilapia - 35/0/3/165
    1 cup broccoli - 3/6/0/30
    1tsp EVOO - 0/0/5/45

TOTALS: 40/6/8/235

MEAL 7
    10:00pm

1 cup 1% Milk Fat Cottage Cheese, No Sodium Added: 26/10/3/180

TOTALS: 26/10/3/180 (could add more fats here but happy with totals as is)

DAILY TOTALS: 315/250/50/2700

46% protein, 37% carbs, 17% fat

Best of luck to you man, i'll be watching for updates!

Thats a great work up I had a family event tonight but do not fear I brought food with me! I did have a couple of drinks and 1 95cal 2.5 carb michelob ultra but the rest of the meal plan stayed on target. Only issue I see was my last meal I just had was a egg powder protein shake with milk instead of water, I know I am supposed to have protein/carb to hold me through the night but just too tired to cook so I went with that. I hope that isnt too bad to do every now and again, but if it is I will not do it anymore just let me know. I will post the daily food tomorrow!

Thats a great work up I had a family event tonight but do not fear I brought food with me! I did have a couple of drinks and 1 95cal 2.5 carb michelob ultra but the rest of the meal plan stayed on target. Only issue I see was my last meal I just had was a egg powder protein shake with milk instead of water, I know I am supposed to have protein/carb to hold me through the night but just too tired to cook so I went with that. I hope that isnt too bad to do every now and again, but if it is I will not do it anymore just let me know. I will post the daily food tomorrow!
    ^^This is incorrect.. try to not eat any carbs within 4 hours of bed time.. it will be converted to fat.. the best thing to eat prior to bed is lean red meat as it is slow digesting.. I just drink a casein protein shake as cooking a steak every night does not appeal to me.. another alternative is low fat cottage cheese if you like the stuff.. but i would say that 80% of the guys on here do casein prior to bed.. you need to give yourself protein to carry through the night.

In regards to the bike seat.. go to sporting good store and get a seat cushion for your bike.. i have one on mine.. they get stinky though... so sometimes you need to take em off and wash em.

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    ^^This is incorrect.. try to not eat any carbs within 4 hours of bed time.. it will be converted to fat.. the best thing to eat prior to bed is lean red meat as it is slow digesting.. I just drink a casein protein shake as cooking a steak every night does not appeal to me.. another alternative is low fat cottage cheese if you like the stuff.. but i would say that 80% of the guys on here do casein prior to bed.. you need to give yourself protein to carry through the night.

In regards to the bike seat.. go to sporting good store and get a seat cushion for your bike.. i have one on mine.. they get stinky though... so sometimes you need to take em off and wash em.
    I will go get the casein right now and I am off to check out the bike seats.

Day 3 Food

10:45 Egg shake x2 morning mix 48g protein 8g carb 0g fat 240 cal
    11:40am BCAA Mix 0p 2 c 0f 10 cal
    11:45pm W/O 60 minutes recumbent bike 21.60 miles 305 cal 136 Avg HR
    12:55pm 1 package Oatmeal 1 Whey shake 1/2 cup cottage cheese 53g Protein 50g carb 15 fat 540 cal
    3:00pm .5lb Turkey Lean 1 cup cottage cheese 3 oz carrots 64g protein 20g carbs 4g fat 390 calories
    5:50 pm Egg shake X2 1 Jalepeno 48g protein 9g carbs 0g fat 244 calories
    6:30 pm 1 Michaloeb Ultra 9 oz Scoresby Scotch 0g protein 2.5g Carb 0g fat 509 calories
    7:50pm .5lb Turkey 3oz Annaheim green chilies cooked 1 cup cottage cheese 10 sport peppers 1 medium pickle
    69g protein 31g carbs 4g fat 480 calories
    10:45pm egg powder x2 in 22oz milk 2% 60g protein 27.5g carbs 7.5 fat 435 calories

Totals for the day

I was a little off today

-305 calories for the workout

342g Protein 150g Carbs 30.5g Fat 2848 Calories Intake

after workout 2,543 calories

I am getting there!
    Last edited by Daboss; 03-06-2011 at 02:26 PM.

VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries
    Good luck on staying with it. Let me give you my take I have lost 50 pounds over the last year. For me it easier to do one thieng at a time first I got my apptite in order did a two day fast then did the subway diet for 2 months. Nothing magic about subway but it gives your portion control which was a problem for me. Lost 2o pounds doing this. Added TRT and this gave be the desire to start working out. Did crossfit for a month and started cleaning up my diet. lost 10 pounds that month last two months added weight lifting and last week more cardio. Down the other 20 pounds still have 20 or so to go. Point I am trying to make is at the start you don't have to do it all. good for you if you can but if it becomes ovewhelming go back to the diet and concetrate on that. I do not do cheat days but do a cheat meal every two weeks or so. I adjust the rest of my diet for the day to make room. Also if your portion control is good you will not do yourself to much harm. Keep up the good work. You will make it.

Food Day 4

12:45 Egg shake X2 made with Milk 2% 60g protein 27.5g carbs 7.5 fat 435 calories

3:10pm 2 protein bars 44g protein 35g carbs 20g fat 520 calories

5:10 pm 8 oz seared ahi tuna 1 cup spinach 1 tbsp udo’s oil 4 stick celery 57g protein 9.5g carbs 14g fat 410 calories

7:15 8 oz top round London broil 3oz carrot 4 oz radish 81g protein 13g carbs 8g fat 504 calories

9:15 1 serving casein powder 25g protein 2g carbs 0g fat 110 calories

11:00 cottage cheese 1 cup 28g protein 10g carbs 0g fat 160 calories

Totals for the day:

295g Protein 97g Carbs 49.5g Fat 2,139 Calories

I am getting closer Gbrice!

No gym today but tomorrow there will be gym! Hooray!

Definitely getting better, just be careful with the 2% milk - go for skim if you can, or at least drop down to 1%. Milk has alot of sugar, and coupled with the fat can be dangerous for somebody looking to drop bodyfat.

What are these protein bars? Are you making these yourself, or buying them?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Definitely getting better, just be careful with the 2% milk - go for skim if you can, or at least drop down to 1%. Milk has alot of sugar, and coupled with the fat can be dangerous for somebody looking to drop bodyfat.

What are these protein bars? Are you making these yourself, or buying them?
    I only used that milk because it is what we had, i usually use water, but I will get skim just incase i decide to use milk again.

I was out at Hi-Health shopping for the Casein and Udo's and it was time for me to eat so I grabbed the protein bars, my sister works there and I tried to get the bars that would keep with my plan. I only ate them that day because I was out and didnt have anything on me.

Stick with the water if you can. Just because you have milk in your house doesn't mean you have to consume it - you don't live alone, right?

Bars - they are usually filled with a bunch of nasty crap. Make your own - check out Baseline's 'oat bars' thread in the recipe sub-forum.

New Week Numbers!!!!

Its Monday time for the numbers update, I am fairly impressed due to the late start I got last week and the slow ramp to the current cardio. I cant wait to see what this week will bring at full cardio and full week of correct diet!

Weight 296 total -9
    BF% 33.0 total -.6%
    BMI 36.1 total -.5
    LBM 198.32 total - 4.18

First Day:
    Weight: 305
    LBM: 202.5
    BF%: 33.6
    BMI: 36.6

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Stick with the water if you can. Just because you have milk in your house doesn't mean you have to consume it - you don't live alone, right?

Bars - they are usually filled with a bunch of nasty crap. Make your own - check out Baseline's 'oat bars' thread in the recipe sub-forum.
    10-4 no more milk, got it. I will check out the oat bar thread thanks!

Very nice results man, keep going!

Food Day 5

10:30 wake up Egg shake x2 and morning mix 48g protein 8g carb 0g fat 240 cal

11:20 am BCAA mix 0p 2 c 0f 10 cal

11:30 1 hour workout recumbent bike 21.60 miles 342 calories 135 avg HR

12:45 1 Whey isolate shake 1 oatmeal 9oz baby carrot. 35g protein 56g carb 3g fat 386 calories

3:05 pm 8 oz top round London broil 1/2 cup cooked sauerkraut 1 cup raw sauerkraut

5:45pm 7oz tuna yellowtail 2 tblsp udo’s 3 cerlery sticks 1 red bell pepper.

7:45 pm Subway SALAD no lettuce (they were out of spinach) onion cucumber pepper vinegar 3 roasted chicken breast 43g protein 9g carbs 6g fat 250 calories

9:45 pm Casein x2 50g protein 4g carbs 0g fat 220 calories

Daily totals:

-305 calories cardio

306g protein 98g carbs 45g fat 2115 calories after workout 1810

Food Day 6

10:00 am Egg shake x2 morning mix 48g protein 8g carbs 0g fat 240 calories

10:50 am BCAA Mix 0g protein 2g carbs 0g fat 10 calories

12:15 pm Oatmeal x2 Iso whey x 2 64g protein 58g carbs 6g fat 532 calories

2:40 pm 8 oz top round London broil 9oz carrot 83g protein 27g carbs 16g fat 568 calories

5:00 pm 1 cup cottage cheese 2 tbsp Udos .25lb turkey breast 46g protein 12g carbs 30g fat 500 calories

7:00 pm 8oz salmon 4 sticks celery 51g protein 8g carbs 8g fat 328 calories

9:00 pm Casein Shake 25g protein 2g carbs 0g fat 110 calories

Total for the day:

317g protein 117g carbs 60g fat 2288 calories

-60 minute recumbent bike total calories burned 345

Net calories 1943

So I have done some research and think I have tendonitis of my achilles tendon. It is pretty painful and you can really feel the creaking of the tendon in the sheath about 1 inch above my heels. The right is way worse than the left, they were both pretty bad on Monday but my fiance massaged them for me, and she also did it tonight, the left one feels much better but it is still noticeable the right one is pretty irritating.

I have some really good anti inflammatory drugs from my knee surgery 1 month back so I am going to use that and ice and massage. I think that should take care of it, still going to the gym tomorrow and getting my hour in.

In case it gets too bad anyone have any ideas of other cardio I can do with a left knee I can not squat or kneel on yet and a sore achilles tendon on the right foot?

This is what I get for being so overweight and lazy for so many years, ain't Karma a BIT*H!

Anyways the diet is going great I am not hungry throughout the day and I have gotten my intake to right around where it needs to be.

Every Monday I will post up the weeks results, I do the weight in and BF% machine same time before workout and on an empty stomach for best consistent results.

Every other Monday I will post new pictures, so once every two weeks.....sound good to everyone? Please let me know of any decent alternative cardio I can do with the bad knee and painful tendon, I am on a great start and I do not want that to waiver.

Thanks everyone!

WTF happened? I have been having some issues falling asleep, it takes around 2.5 - 3 hours. I have been trying to get up at 7am but just cannot seem to do it. Today I finally fell asleep at 3:30am but I slept through my alarms and did not wake up until 3:15pm ! What the hell is that? I never have slept through my alarms, all in all its not terrible today because of my injury I am streching and iceing so 1 day off of the bike is not too bad, I just do not want my sleep schedule to get all messed up.

Anyone have any ideas?

Really ruff day with the weird wake up time, but I got my intake where I needed it also got my sister the massage therapist to work on my tendons, also soaked both in freezing ice water for about 1 minute in 3 minutes out for 30 minutes and the problem has almost disappeared. We will see how it goes tomorrow at the gym.

Food Day 7

Food Day 7
    3:30pm 2 cup egg white 2tbsp organic ketchup 1 cup cottage cheese 1 bar 96g protein 29g carbs 7.5g fat 648 calories

5:45 pm 2x Whey shake 64G Protein 32g carbs 24g fat 600 calories

7:45 8 oz salmon & 2 tbsp Udo’s 51g protein 0g carbs 36g fat 416 calories

11:15pm 2x Casein 50g protein 4g carbs 0g fat 220 calories

12:45 am .25 turkey 1 cup cottage cheese 9oz baby carrot 49g protein 39g carbs 2g fat 380 calories

Totals for the day:

310g protein 104g carbs 69.5g fat 2264 calories

Estimated Base BMR: 2400 Calories.
    Estimated TDEE: 2880 Calories.
    Estimated Daily Caloric Need For Weight Loss: 2380 Calories.

That is little or no exercise which I did none today

1-3 days exercise a week
    Estimated Base BMR: 2400 Calories.
    Estimated TDEE: 3300 Calories.
    Estimated Daily Caloric Need For Weight Loss: 2800 Calories.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    sorry i am late to the party. looks like you came to the right place for advice! it sucks to have bad knees and do cardio all the time, trust me i know. with the sleeping issues, what time do you usually get up in the AM? is it your job that requires you to be up late at night? i too have trouble getting and staying asleep, always been that way. it could be a hormone imbalance. try getting on a normal routine and maybe trying some melatonin. your body naturally releases melatonin as you sleep. just try taking some before bed and try to get on a better schedule. we will be here to support you, just stay the course, its a marathon, not a sprint! and good luck with the injury!

So I have done some research and think I have tendonitis of my achilles tendon. It is pretty painful and you can really feel the creaking of the tendon in the sheath about 1 inch above my heels. The right is way worse than the left, they were both pretty bad on Monday but my fiance massaged them for me, and she also did it tonight, the left one feels much better but it is still noticeable the right one is pretty irritating.

I have some really good anti inflammatory drugs from my knee surgery 1 month back so I am going to use that and ice and massage. I think that should take care of it, still going to the gym tomorrow and getting my hour in.

In case it gets too bad anyone have any ideas of other cardio I can do with a left knee I can not squat or kneel on yet and a sore achilles tendon on the right foot?

This is what I get for being so overweight and lazy for so many years, ain't Karma a BIT*H!

Anyways the diet is going great I am not hungry throughout the day and I have gotten my intake to right around where it needs to be.

Every Monday I will post up the weeks results, I do the weight in and BF% machine same time before workout and on an empty stomach for best consistent results.

Every other Monday I will post new pictures, so once every two weeks.....sound good to everyone? Please let me know of any decent alternative cardio I can do with the bad knee and painful tendon, I am on a great start and I do not want that to waiver.

Thanks everyone!

I had tendonitis in both of mine last summer due to excessive running on pavement. They would creak and groan with every step - sounded like they needed some WD-40.

The problem with achilles tendons is that they are one of the least blood supplied areas in the body - they have almost no blood vessels, which makes it very difficult for them to heal.

I tried rotating between ice and heat at 10 minutes each for 60 to 90 minutes every night and got very little relief. I eventually got them to heal through extensive, painful stretching. Stretch them as many times a day as you can remember to and as strenuously as you can tolerate. Make sure to stretch them with the knee straight and also with the knee bent at a 45deg angle. The difference in how those 2 ways feel is crazy, I felt like mine healed from the bent knee stretch but it was extremely painful while the straight leg didn't bother me at all. I used a hand towel that I would hook on my toes and pull like hell for up to 45 seconds. It will hurt like hell, especially at first, but I swear within 2 weeks of doing this mine were 95% better.

Good luck man and keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    sorry i am late to the party. looks like you came to the right place for advice! it sucks to have bad knees and do cardio all the time, trust me i know. with the sleeping issues, what time do you usually get up in the AM? is it your job that requires you to be up late at night? i too have trouble getting and staying asleep, always been that way. it could be a hormone imbalance. try getting on a normal routine and maybe trying some melatonin. your body naturally releases melatonin as you sleep. just try taking some before bed and try to get on a better schedule. we will be here to support you, just stay the course, its a marathon, not a sprint! and good luck with the injury!

Nothing about the job , I am on leave. Never had an issue sleeping before, I have been trying to get on a schedule I will just keep at it. I will also try some melatonin, Thank you for the advice.

I tried rotating between ice and heat at 10 minutes each for 60 to 90 minutes every night and got very little relief. I eventually got them to heal through extensive, painful stretching. Stretch them as many times a day as you can remember to and as strenuously as you can tolerate. Make sure to stretch them with the knee straight and also with the knee bent at a 45deg angle. The difference in how those 2 ways feel is crazy, I felt like mine healed from the bent knee stretch but it was extremely painful while the straight leg didn't bother me at all. I used a hand towel that I would hook on my toes and pull like hell for up to 45 seconds. It will hurt like hell, especially at first, but I swear within 2 weeks of doing this mine were 95% better.

Good luck man and keep it up![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sgt. Hartman;5560892]I had tendonitis in both of mine last summer due to excessive running on pavement. They would creak and groan with every step - sounded like they needed some WD-40.

The problem with achilles tendons is that they are one of the least blood supplied areas in the body - they have almost no blood vessels, which makes it very difficult for them to heal.

yeah mine are feeling much better I will do those exercises today I am sure they will work, Thank you!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    with the sleeping issue, how late are you working out? are you taking any supplements that may keep you awake, NO or caffeine? glad to hear the injury is healing.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    with the sleeping issue, how late are you working out? are you taking any supplements that may keep you awake, NO or caffeine? glad to hear the injury is healing.
    I have everything posted everyday I go workout 1 hour after I wake up everyday. I tried cutting the stimulants but that did nothing, hopefully I get into a sleeping routine soon!

good stuff so far man.. keep it up

Food Day 8

12:00pm Wake up Morning shake w/ mix 24g protein 4g carbs 0g fat 120 calories

12:50pm Pre workout BCAA 0g protein 2g carbs 0g fat 10 calories

1:15pm 1 hour recumbent bike hr 135 -363 calories

2:20pm PWO iso whey shake 25g protein 0g carb 0g fat 106 calories

4:30pm 8oz top round London broil 6oz baby carrot 2 tbsp UDO’s 82g protein 18g carbs 44g fat 568 cal.

6:30 8oz salmon 1 cup cottage cheese 56g protein 10g carbs 8g fat 360 calories

8:30pm 8oz salmon 6 oz baby carrot 53g protein 18g carbs 8g fat 376 calories

10:00pm Casein shake x2 50g protein 4g carbs 0g fat 220 calories

Totals for day (low carbs forgot PWO oatmeal…boo)

290g protein 56g carbs 60g fat 1760 calories

-363 calorie workout

Little low today I WILL do better tomorrow!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information