Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Need help with some macros plz

Getting to the point of starting a cutting diet..have about 2-3 more weeks before i start. Just doing my research now. I have two apps on my iphone to keep track of my daily calorie intake. So with this new diet i was introducing some new foods into the mix. Bulgar wheat and quinoa as my main carbs.

But the problem i am having is both my apps show way different marcos for quinoa for one. I have 1cup giving me 550/22.3/117.1/9.9 (cal/pro/carb/f) and the other one giving me 222/8/39/4. The second one looks right, but now im questioning everything i eat.

i have different answers for something simple as oatmeal too. one has the cals at 300/per cup and the other 180/cup.

Someone help me out here please. I have tried "fitday.com, myfitnesspal, and two others i forgot the name" Right now i stick with myfitnesspal because fitday i couldnt even find a plain sweet potato.

thanks for the help guys.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    livestrong.com is pretty accurate. For the most part i just use the labels on the package. My oats say 280cal per cup

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    simple answer bro.. one is cooked.. one is not cooked.. 280-300 calories is a cup of raw oats.. cook them and they expand about 2x the size.. and you will only be able to fit 180calories worth into one cup.. same with the Quinoa..

Gucks is offline Member
    nutritiondata.self.com is the site i use which has pretty much everything. gives u cooked and uncooked macros.

/\/\ This is my favorite as well. It gives the option of listing serving size and macros/cals in many different forms ie. grams/oz/cups/etc. and many different cooking options like boiled, steamed, grilled.....

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    livestrong.com is pretty accurate. For the most part i just use the labels on the package. My oats say 280cal per cup
    Livestrong is my favorite by far. Otherwise, you can always go the old fashioned route and read the label!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    /\/\ This is my favorite as well. It gives the option of listing serving size and macros/cals in many different forms ie. grams/oz/cups/etc. and many different cooking options like boiled, steamed, grilled.....
    Just realized that I actually agreed with gucks on something

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Lmao!!

Gucks is offline Member
    pretty sure thats a first

Thread Information