Hempfieldhunter is offline New Member

UPDATED! My New Diet, Stats, Goals, Pix, Questions, and Previous Transformation Info

Quick Background: Been lifting on and off since high school, got serious over this past summer and lost about 70lbs (See Avatar, old pic actually). I did this through eating LESS, Running, and Lifting. Over the past 4 Months it has been about gaining more muscle, and I've hit a fat loss plateau. I've been 220lbs (I was 290) for about 2-3 months and I want to cut more.

My Plan- Follow my diet, and begin doing higher rep weight training (15-20 reps), along with 3-4 days of cardio per week. I would like to do this all for one month and see where I am.

Goal- Keep as much muscle mass, but get weight below 210 consistantly BY END OF MARCH, my lowest since summer was 215, but it went back up. My ultimate goal is just like most people's- visible abs. I'd like to set a timeline for that after march, thinking by my birthday- June 19th... possible?

My Stats-
    22 Years Old
    220 Lbs
    23%ish BF
    NO cycles Ever or anytime soon
    College Student Living at home, working PT
    BMR- 2214 cal
    Maintenance- 3004 cal

My New Meal Plan (Cal/Pro/Carb/Fat)-
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday (Schedule Conflicts)

-Meal 1- 1.5 Cup Egg Whites, 6 Slice Turkey Bacon, 1 Cup Blueberries-415/49/27/9

-Meal 2 AND Meal 3-
    2 Slice Wheat Bread, 1 Can Tuna, 1 tbsp Low Fat Mayo, 1/2 cup of Blueberries 2 Meal Total- 370/33/55/4

-Meal 4 (Post W/O)- Protein Shake- 2 Scoops Whey, Creatine, BCAA's.

-Meal 5- 1/2 Bag Salad, 2 Tbsp +/- Low Cal Dressing, 80/3/15/3

-Meal 6- Lean Meat Source (For Cal Count Purpose, Say 2- 8oz Chix), Bag of Veggies, 695/111/25/13

-Meal 7- 1.5 Cup Egg Whites, 6 Slice Turkey Bacon, (Love This, and needed more cal's without late night carbs) 330/48/6/9

-Anytime Snack During Day- Yogurt and 2x String Cheese- 250/20/17/12

TOTAL- 2490 / 328(little high?) / 153 / 54(little low?)

I'll Save ya on my tuesdays and thursdays, Basicallys same thing only in different order, About Same Totals, Maybe Less Protein.

Supplements-
    Glutamine
    Fish Oil
    Multi
    Whey
    Creatine
    NO XPlode
    BCAA's

Cardio- Thinking about 2-3 times a week doing AM Fasting LIGHT Intensity Cardio. Maybe Tredmill 3.5 Mph, 5% incline for 30 min. Worth it? Should I take a supp before doing this? I've read maybe Glutamine or Bcaa's.
    Then also HITT 2-3 times a week for 30 min, and maybe a mountain bike ride or two, mostly for fun.

Lifting- Back(15 sets) /Bi (10 Sets), Chest (15 sets) / Tri (12 Sets), Legs (Light, 16 sets) / Shoulders (12 sets) , Abs (6-10 sets) and Forearms (6 sets) I Hit every other time I'm in the Gym. Switching to High Rep's, 15-20.

MY Questions-
    AM Cardio?

Diet OK for goals?

Should I add a weight loss supp?

Could CLEN help me along here?

Are my Goals Reasonable?

Once this is finished, if I'm down around 200-210, could I then look forward to a clen cycle?

Finally Pictures! All Current:

I've been looking at other peoples diet questions and I hope I gave you guys all the info you needed, I truely appreciate the help that is offered on this site and I feel like its a different and good group of guys on here. Thank You ahead of time for the time you'll take to look this over.
    Last edited by Hempfieldhunter; 03-06-2011 at 02:41 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    see bold

Quote Originally Posted by Hempfieldhunter View Post
    Quick Background: Been lifting on and off since high school, got serious over this past summer and lost about 70lbs (See Avatar, old pic actually). I did this through eating LESS, Running, and Lifting. Over the past 4 Months it has been about gaining more muscle, and I've hit a fat loss plateau. I've been 220lbs (I was 290) for about 2-3 months and I want to cut more.

Congrats on the loss so far! Avy is small but I can see big changes, respect!

My Plan- Follow my diet, and begin doing higher rep weight training (15-20 reps), along with 3-4 days of cardio per week. I would like to do this all for one month and see where I am.

Well, I wouldn't restrict myself to 15-20 reps, if anything i'd mix it up. A week of lower rep range/heavier weight, then a week of higher reps with lower weight, something like that. Keep confusing your muscle, keep changing it up. Cardio - 3-4 days a week is not enough if fat loss is your primary goal. You should be doing cardio 6x a week. I was doing it 2x a day, 6 days a week and it showed, fast!

Goal- Keep as much muscle mass, but get weight below 210 consistantly BY END OF MARCH, my lowest since summer was 215, but it went back up. My ultimate goal is just like most people's- visible abs. I'd like to set a timeline for that after march, thinking by my birthday- June 19th... possible?

At 23% bodyfat and basically 3.5 months? Definitely possible, no doubt. If you do this right, 12 weeks can have you sitting somewhere around 15% bodyfat which will definitely show some abs. They won't be well defined, but they should be visible.

My Stats-
    22 Years Old
    220 Lbs
    23%ish BF
    NO cycles Ever or anytime soon
    College Student Living at home, working PT
    BMR- 2214 cal
    Maintenance- 3004 cal

You sure on the maintenance calories? Based on your stats, I have you closer to 2500. Other then the gym, how active are you throughout the day? What do you do for work? Do you play sports? How did you calculate your TDEE?

My New Meal Plan (Cal/Pro/Carb/Fat)-
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday (Schedule Conflicts)

So what are you doing Tuesday and Thursday? Are those your off days (from the gym)?

-Meal 1- 1.5 Cup Egg Whites, 6 Slice Turkey Bacon, 1 Cup Blueberries-415/49/27/9

Drop the turkey bacon and add a whole egg. First meal of the day, get some good complex carbs in there - i'd go with a 1/2 cup oats. Sweeten with splenda and cinnamon. I add blueberries right into mine

-Meal 2 AND Meal 3-
    2 Slice Wheat Bread, 1 Can Tuna, 1 tbsp Low Fat Mayo, 1/2 cup of Blueberries 2 Meal Total- 370/33/55/4

While this isn't horrible, it really isn't a great meal. The tuna is fine, the bread and mayo aren't. Also, the berries have no place here. If possible, go for a better carb source (sweet potato, yam, quinoa, lentils, beans, etc) or drop the carbs here all together, drop the many and start buying tuna in olive oil (tonno in olive oil) - make SURE it's not that crap in the soybean oil with all that other additive garbage. Replace the berries with some green veggies

-Meal 4 (Post W/O)- Protein Shake- 2 Scoops Whey, Creatine, BCAA's.

Ok, I didn't realize meal 3 was pre-workout. Consider taking my advice (dropping carbs and making it a protein/fat meal) for meal 2, but keep meal 3 protein/carb so you can fuel your workout. That said, definitely nix the bread and go with a clean slow burning carb source. Brown rice is another option.

As for this meal, 2 scoops of whey is fine, add carbs here (now that we've dropped carbs in meal 2 there's room for them here) i'd suggest another 1/2 cup oats. Most of us just dump them right into the shake raw, shake, drink, chew, repeat

-Meal 5- 1/2 Bag Salad, 2 Tbsp +/- Low Cal Dressing, 80/3/15/3

This is not a meal, there is no protein source at all. Fine if you want to have this (salad better be good greens, not iceberg lettuce) but add some grilled chicken breast or lean steak. I'd

-Meal 6- Lean Meat Source (For Cal Count Purpose, Say 2- 8oz Chix), Bag of Veggies, 695/111/25/13

2-8oz? that's a huge variation. Make it at least 4oz, no more then 6. Same about the veggies - make sure they're good acceptable fiberious veggies - asparagus, spinach, brussell sprouts, green beans, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, etc

-Meal 7- 1.5 Cup Egg Whites, 6 Slice Turkey Bacon, (Love This, and needed more cal's without late night carbs) 330/48/6/9

This is not a good bedtime meal. Eggs absorb relatively fast and won't do much for you overnight. Better choice would be full fat cottage cheese, even better would be lean steak. For convenience sake, a casein shake would be acceptable here

-Anytime Snack During Day- Yogurt and 2x String Cheese- 250/20/17/12

Do you just snack at will? If you're going to eat yogurt, go with nonfat plain greek yogurt. Sweeten with splenda. The flavored yogurt has a ton of sugar in it. Careful with the string cheese as well

TOTAL- 2490 / 328(little high?) / 153 / 54(little low?)

Here's the good news - if you eat 2500 calories/day (what I think your TDEE is) and have a really dialed in cardio regimen, you stand to lose bodyfat and maintain (if not add some new) LBM. That said, protein is a bit high but not insane. Fats can probably come up just a tad, so maybe drop 25-50g protein and replace with healthy fats

I'll Save ya on my tuesdays and thursdays, Basicallys same thing only in different order, About Same Totals, Maybe Less Protein.

Supplements-
    Glutamine
    Fish Oil
    Multi
    Whey
    Creatine
    NO XPlode
    BCAA's

Cardio- Thinking about 2-3 times a week doing AM Fasting LIGHT Intensity Cardio. Maybe Tredmill 3.5 Mph, 5% incline for 30 min. Worth it? Should I take a supp before doing this? I've read maybe Glutamine or Bcaa's.
    Then also HITT 2-3 times a week for 30 min, and maybe a mountain bike ride or two, mostly for fun.

Do fasted cardio everyday, or take 1 day off if you want but 2-3 a week isn't enough, ESPECIALLY if you're eating right around your maintenance (which is better then a huge caloric deficit). Definitely do BCAA's before and after fasted cardio. Save the HIIT for PWO.

Lifting- Back(15 sets) /Bi (10 Sets), Chest (15 sets) / Tri (12 Sets), Legs (Light, 16 sets) / Shoulders (12 sets) , Abs (6-10 sets) and Forearms (6 sets) I Hit every other time I'm in the Gym. Switching to High Rep's, 15-20.

Not enough info here to comment or advise

MY Questions-
    AM Cardio?

Yes, fasted

Diet OK for goals?

It'll be alot better if you implement my changes =)

Should I add a weight loss supp?

Not necessary, but if placebo effect helps you, knock yourself out

Could CLEN help me along here?

I wouldn't bother at this point. Learn how to diet first, introduce other compounds later

Are my Goals Reasonable?

Yes, and attainable

Once this is finished, if I'm down around 200-210, could I then look forward to a clen cycle?

Possibly

Finally Pictures! All Current:

Haven't seen them yet, will look as soon as i'm through commenting

I've been looking at other peoples diet questions and I hope I gave you guys all the info you needed, I truely appreciate the help that is offered on this site and I feel like its a different and good group of guys on here. Thank You ahead of time for the time you'll take to look this over.
    Thanks for all of the info, well written and I didn't have to ask for anything. Nice for a change! Take the time to consider everything i've said above, and if you choose to take my advice I believe you'll be well on your way to reaching your goal!

Just wanted to say I checked out your pics and I think you have a good base to start with. You're not super skinny in terms of LBM, you have something there. Drop the bodyfat, start slowly adding lean mass, and I believe you have great potential to be big!

gbrice, you are the man. I will be working on switching this up slightly over the evening and tomorrow and will repost my new idea. In the mean time, a few questions. Should I go a little lower on calories, I was kinda just squeezing stuff in at the end there. Also, Cardio, every day am LOW intensity, then 20-30 min of hitt post workout? I'm remembering back over the fall I would do hitt some days twice a day! Can't wait for this weather to break, so much more fun to do on the track!

Thanks again man, I'll be back with something that I'm sure will make you proud!

And those comments about potential to be big... might be riding high on those comments for the next few days!

gbrice, you are the man. I will be working on switching this up slightly over the evening and tomorrow and will repost my new idea. In the mean time, a few questions. Should I go a little lower on calories, I was kinda just squeezing stuff in at the end there. Also, Cardio, every day am LOW intensity, then 20-30 min of hitt post workout? I'm remembering back over the fall I would do hitt some days twice a day! Can't wait for this weather to break, so much more fun to do on the track!

Thanks again man, I'll be back with something that I'm sure will make you proud!

And those comments about potential to be big... might be riding high on those comments for the next few days!
    You're welcome man!

I'd start at 2500 and monitor closely. You will have to make minor adjustments along the way until you get really dialed in and find your 'sweet spot'.

Cardio - am fasted is great, but you want to keep intensity relatively low as you risk torching LBM. PWO you can go with higher intensity stuff (I like HIIT type training), but I wouldn't go for more then 20 minutes, 30 TOPS.

Yea man, you seem to have a good frame for bodybuilding IMO, wide lats, etc. I think you have good potential! =)

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Meal 1- 1 ½ Cup Egg Whites, 1 Whole Egg, 6 Slices Turkey Bacon, 1 Cup Blueberries, ½ Cup Oats
    565/54/54/12
    Meal 2- (Post Workout) 2 Scoops Whey, BCAA’s, Creatine, ½ Cup Oats
    370/53/31/5
    Meal 3- 1 Can Tuna, 1 Bag Veggies With Cheese, 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
    475/37/32/22
    Meal 4- 8 Oz Chicken, 1 Sweet Potato, ½ Bag of Salad, 2 Tbsp Low Cal Dressing
    465/61/45/5
    Meal 5- 2 Scoops Casein
    240/48/6/2
    TOTALS- 2115/253/168/46

Tuesday, Thursday

Meal 1- 2 Scoops Whey, ½ Cup Oats
    370/54/31/5
    Meal 2- 1 Can Tuna, 2 Tbsp Low Fat Mayo, 2 Slices Wheat Bread, 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
    440/39/32/20
    Meal 3- 1 ½ Cup Egg Whites, 1 Whole Egg, 6 Slices Turkey Bacon, 1 Cup Blueberries, ½ Cup Oats
    565/54/54/12
    Meal 4- (Post Workout)2 Scoops Whey, BCAA, Creatine, ½ Cup Oats
    370/53/31/5
    Meal 5- 8 Oz Chicken, ½ Bag Salad, 2 Tbsp Low Cal Dressing
    340/57/15/5
    Meal 6- 2 Scoops Casein
    240/48/6/2
    TOTALS- 2325/305/169/49

Hope I Made ya proud!

Also, I just need to ask- DO you guys REALLY eat the SAME thing every day? I can do it, Ive just never done it before. I like the fact that I really only need like 12 things stocked in my fridge! haha!

I have tons of turkey bacon, so in order not to waste it, its in there. Also with the wheat bread, I'm at school for that meal and just need it to make life easier!

Am Fasted Cardio- 3.5 MPH walking, 5% incline

HITT after Lifting- 1 Min 3.5 Mph, 1 Min 7.5 Mph- For 20 Min
    Last edited by Hempfieldhunter; 03-06-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Shamless Bump for Diet Changes!

bold

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Meal 1- 1 ½ Cup Egg Whites, 1 Whole Egg, 6 Slices Turkey Bacon, 1 Cup Blueberries, ½ Cup Oats
    565/54/54/12

Why?

Meal 2- (Post Workout) 2 Scoops Whey, BCAA’s, Creatine, ½ Cup Oats
    370/53/31/5

Meal 3- 1 Can Tuna, 1 Bag Veggies With Cheese, 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
    475/37/32/22

How about fresh veggies without the cheese? 1tbsp of PB should be plenty, or drop it and do a tbsp of EVOO over your FRESH veggies!

Meal 4- 8 Oz Chicken, 1 Sweet Potato, ½ Bag of Salad, 2 Tbsp Low Cal Dressing
    465/61/45/5

I'd swap this with meal 3 - keep the sweet potato earlier in the day and closer to your workout

Meal 5- 2 Scoops Casein
    240/48/6/2

Add a tbsp of PB.

Can you get another meal in? Totals are still low if you're aiming for 2500. Macro percentages look decent

TOTALS- 2115/253/168/46

Tuesday, Thursday

Meal 1- 2 Scoops Whey, ½ Cup Oats
    370/54/31/5

1 scoop of whey, 1 whole egg, 4 whites

Meal 2- 1 Can Tuna, 2 Tbsp Low Fat Mayo, 2 Slices Wheat Bread, 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
    440/39/32/20

Way too much fat in one sitting. Find a way to drop the mayo, would rather see the PB

Meal 3- 1 ½ Cup Egg Whites, 1 Whole Egg, 6 Slices Turkey Bacon, 1 Cup Blueberries, ½ Cup Oats
    565/54/54/12

I'd go for a cleaner protein than the bacon

Meal 4- (Post Workout)2 Scoops Whey, BCAA, Creatine, ½ Cup Oats
    370/53/31/5

Meal 5- 8 Oz Chicken, ½ Bag Salad, 2 Tbsp Low Cal Dressing
    340/57/15/5

How about EVOO and vinegar instead of the dressing?

Meal 6- 2 Scoops Casein
    240/48/6/2

Add a tbsp of PB or a serving of nuts

TOTALS- 2325/305/169/49

Still low, but better

Hope I Made ya proud!

Also, I just need to ask- DO you guys REALLY eat the SAME thing every day? I can do it, Ive just never done it before. I like the fact that I really only need like 12 things stocked in my fridge! haha!

I do for the most part. I make big batches on Sunday and just portion it all out for the week.

I have tons of turkey bacon, so in order not to waste it, its in there. Also with the wheat bread, I'm at school for that meal and just need it to make life easier!

Ok, understood.

Am Fasted Cardio- 3.5 MPH walking, 5% incline

This is a good start. As you go along, i'd keep it at 3.5 but up the incline, as opposed to upping the speed

HITT after Lifting- 1 Min 3.5 Mph, 1 Min 7.5 Mph- For 20 Min

Try 2-3 mins at the lower speed, and 1 min at the higher speed. Make it 30 mins if possible. You want to try and keep the HR bouncing back and forth, and 1 minute of each will never accomplish that

Thread Information