fig
    fig is offline Member

Supersize Me counterpart

Found an interesting documentary the challenges many underlying concepts in Supersize Me. It's a little long, I watched it all and found it very interesting. If you're short on time, watch from minute 53 to 1 hour and 13 minutes.

I'm no diet expert, so I take neither side. I just enjoy hearing two vastly different viewpoints. So, I encourage you to watch at least some of it and have an open debate. BTW, it in no way gets bad after the 1 hour and 13 minute mark, so if you like it, keep watching.

I thought I'd bring this here b/c you all seem to know a hell of a lot more about dieting than many 'professionals' and also b/c some of the concepts brought up by the documentary are ones I've only read on this forum, such as lowering carbs and raising fats.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879/fat-head

Gucks is offline Member
    cant watch stuff on hulu in my country...bs! was really curious after readin this.

fig
    fig is offline Member
    Gotta be somewhere else, I'll see if I can find it for you

bmor is offline New Member
    I watched it today sense I am feeling under the weather. Found it on Netflix streaming, don't know if that helps you anyone. I liked it, a little long and kinda slow in parts, but it does make some interesting points regarding the math of Super Size Me, and diets.

fig
    fig is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmor View Post
    I watched it today sense I am feeling under the weather. Found it on Netflix streaming, don't know if that helps you anyone. I liked it, a little long and kinda slow in parts, but it does make some interesting points regarding the math of Super Size Me, and diets.
    Definitely slow at parts, especially for a documentary over 1.5 hours. But as you said, still found it interesting.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    what is the name of the movie and we could probably find it on a torrent or something.. interesting to see this

fig
    fig is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gucks View Post
    cant watch stuff on hulu in my country...bs! was really curious after readin this.
    Did a little research here...looks like it's only available on Hulu, Netflix and DVD unfortunatly.

You can read a few summaries of major points of the film here if you want.

fig
    fig is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    what is the name of the movie and we could probably find it on a torrent or something.. interesting to see this
    It's called Fat Head. Here's one I found just looking quick.

**Looks like there are actually quite a few more on isohunt.com if you're interested in picture quality
    Last edited by fig; 02-22-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Emperor9 is offline Associate Member
    yes i have seen this doco, the thing is he only eats one burger and no fries and i believe a diet soda. So yes he is eating just enough calories to lose weight. its like this if i eat 6 twinkies a day and nothing else id probably lose weight also. it does not make twinkies healthy or a good weight loss food or not so bad. the fact that his bp and cholesterol went down is due to the fact he dropped Body fat.

Thread Information