Thread: yogurt+oatmeal

army_cobra is offline Associate Member

yogurt+oatmeal

So I find it hard to eat a 1/2 a cup of oatmeal for breakfast. It is plain and nasty in my opinion. So I tryed something new and added some of my yogurt into it after it was cooked. It was good and made it easier to go down. So I have a question

Is this okay to do? Ya I know dumb question

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by army_cobra View Post
    So I find it hard to eat a 1/2 a cup of oatmeal for breakfast. It is plain and nasty in my opinion. So I tryed something new and added some of my yogurt into it after it was cooked. It was good and made it easier to go down. So I have a question

Is this okay to do? Ya I know dumb question
    That's a loaded question. Does the yogurt fit into your diet? Chances are if it's making your oats taste better, it's the regular sugary yogurt which isn't a good choice.

Try adding splenda and cinnamon to your oats. I eat it like that every day. If you can fit it, try adding a scoop of protein powder which will also help flavor it.

Its low fat yogurt. It is just what I have left in the fridge tell I go buy more food. Yogurt is part of my breakfast along with oats and egg whites. Im not saying it taste good but it tasted better that's for sure.

Just checked it has 11g of fat

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    11g of fat is way too much for a little yogurt IMO, but aside from that it's the sugar I was concerned with...

Ya I never checked to see how much sugar was in it oops. Guess ill go to the store after my workout and shop. So yogurt is fine mixed in as long as it is sugar free?

frank784 is offline Junior Member
    Have you tried blending the dry oats and adding them to your shake? I hate oatmeal cooked but dry ground up in my shakes....actually pretty good.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Id suggest more natural sugars then. Fruits, honey etc

nguadagno is offline Associate Member
    if im trying to bulk up, whether clean or not, would this be a good idea for me? im 19 and my metabolism is sky high and im slightly a hard-gainer, i figure the yogurt is a small protein source along with the eggs and the oats being good carbs, or am i wrong? cause thats VERY similar to what i eat every morning

Quote Originally Posted by frank784 View Post
    Have you tried blending the dry oats and adding them to your shake? I hate oatmeal cooked but dry ground up in my shakes....actually pretty good.
    I dont have a protien shake in the morning. I only have one before workout then my MCAA's during workout and my casien right before bed. Alot of my protien comes from my meals.

I guess i will have to figure something out. Im not a big fan of cinnamon so that is out. I dont know what im going to do. Im going to cut yogurt out my diet do to the sugar part. I cant eat just plain yogurt.

I guess does anyone have any other choices?

The honey might be a good idea i love me some honey lol.

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    I add 2 whole eggs (over easy), 4 whites and four spoons off fat free cottage cheese to my 1/2 cup oats.

Daboss is offline New Member
    I do Oats for my PWO and I also have a ISO Whey shake, I mixed a little of my Iso Whey into the cooked oatmeal and Viola! not so crappy tasting oatmeal anymore. I liked it, kinda like adding milk except its your regular PWO protein shake, win win in my book.

Thread Information