nguadagno is offline Associate Member

Easy Simple Carbohydrates

hey so im researching diet because im trying to amp mine up better, according to the videos by Milos Sarcev, he said you should have simple carbs after workouts, what would be a quick type of this, especially if im out and about right after my workout (college class for example)

i used to eat a lot of white bread peanut butter and jelly sandwiches afterwards, i figured the white bread is a simple carb and the jelly has a lot of sugar in it, and the protein from the peanut butter and my whey shake would be good, is that good you think?

help me out guys, thanks a bunch

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    What is your goal bud?

A few things:

1) Peanut butter has very little protein compared to many foods and is an incomplete protein source - it is a fat source and should never be combined with carbs, especially simple carbs because the dietary fat will have a high propensity to be stored as excess energy (body fat) in conjunction with the insulin spike.

2) Jelly is just fruit with table sugar, it's not a quality carb source - basically empty calories.

3) Speaking of empty calories - white bread is not a natural food. It's been stripped of all nutrients and heavily processed. If you're going to do simple carbs, look at a PWO product like Waxy Maize or Vitargo. See below as to why you probably shouldn't do simple carbs.

4) The Milos vids have a lot of great info but they're very old. The whole simple carbs PWO thing has been largely debunked. Countless studies have shown that the insulin response via complex carbs is sufficient to increase protein synthesis to the required extent. Also, depleted muscle glycogen is not replenished instantly regardless of what carbs you eat, nor is it likely to be fully depleted in the first place. Some studies even show that fats (Peanut Butter/Whey only shake) have the same effect on protein synthesis as carbs.

5) Even if you did want to do simple carbs PWO despite what I've posted above, your goals should dictate that. If you are trying to cut fat or even just not gain more fat - you should not spike Insulin (eat simple carbs) as this hormone tells your body to stop burning fat and start storing it essentially.

6) Sounds like your diet sucks. I haven't had a PB&J since I was a kid. No offense at all. Read some of the info below and post up a proposed diet. We'll get you sorted out from there.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ead&highlight=

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ead&highlight=

nguadagno is offline Associate Member
    well i mean my diet isnt based around pb and j hahah i just have it maybe once a day maybe once every two days, i eat a lot of eggs, oatmeal, drink a lot of milk, eat a lot of chicken sandwiches and stuff, i mean im in college so its kind of hard to have a strict diet, but thats for the input

by the way my goal is to just put on mass right now, im only like 5 6 for 5 7 and im at 148, i used to be at 120 but ive put on the 28 in like 7 months or so

Thread Information