PowerliftWill is offline Junior Member

critique my diet...simple but effective

hey guys im running tren and test right now and this is my diet, though it's been tough being this consistent with my current financial situation so i havent gotten the full potential that this cycle could give someone. I plan to make more sacrifices in my personal life so I continue this diet and afford it.

9:00am: 1/2 cup brown, 8oz chicken breast

11:00am: 1 cup rolled oats, 6 oz tuna, 1 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) w/ salad

1:00pm: PWO 2 scoop whey, 30g fast digesting carbs, 2 bannanas

2:00pm: 1/2 cup brown rice, 8 oz chicken breast

4:00pm: 1 cup oats, 6 oz tuna, 1 tbsp EVOO w/ salad

6:00pm: 1/2 cup brown rice, 8 oz chicken breast

8:00pm: 1 cup oats, 6 oz tuna, 1 tbsp EVOO w/ salad

10:00-
    10:30 5 eggs, 2 tbsp EVOO, 4 caps fish oil, other supps

Protein: around 360-380
    carbs: around 450g carbs
    fats: around 70g
    cals: around 4000

I'll have to calculate the exact amount but that's a good ballpark number. Im pretty repetitive food choice wise, just to keep things very simple. I hate complicated crap since my life is complicated as it is.
    Last edited by PowerliftWill; 05-07-2011 at 11:20 AM.

come on homies I see all of you viewing it lol....we need more people posting in the diet forum if we're gunna get directed here. Everyone just loves posting in the AAS section.

Bump...

klitch is offline New Member
    Just to be upfront I'm new to dieting but the guys/gals here usually want stats e.g. BW/BF%/Height to determine caloric requirements.

You have no veg in your diet (fibrous veggies for nutrients and keep the bowels working, a diet of chicken rice and egg would leave me "backed up" and you mainly eat chicken and tuna (from what I have read its worth eating different sources of protein because different sources digest faster slower e.g. chicken and beef respectively).

How did you decide to take 4 caps of fish oil? I'm trying to work out the optimal amount, mainly so I don't throw money away.

Klitch

Quote Originally Posted by klitch View Post
    Just to be upfront I'm new to dieting but the guys/gals here usually want stats e.g. BW/BF%/Height to determine caloric requirements.

You have no veg in your diet (fibrous veggies for nutrients and keep the bowels working, a diet of chicken rice and egg would leave me "backed up" and you mainly eat chicken and tuna (from what I have read its worth eating different sources of protein because different sources digest faster slower e.g. chicken and beef respectively).

How did you decide to take 4 caps of fish oil? I'm trying to work out the optimal amount, mainly so I don't throw money away.

Klitch
    You're probably right about the veggies....I just figured since oats and rice have a lot of fiber in them, it would keep me regular but maybe not having veggies has been my problem.

As for different sources of protein, I have 4 different sources (chicken, tuna, egss, whey). I don't see any logical reason to have more than that unless you like alot of variation in your diet.

As for fish oil it, I just take a certain amount that would last me over a month with the bottle I have.

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Ok like Klitch said we need stats.. Along with BMR and TDEE. I hear ya about the money but you just need to shop around for the cheapest deals.
    Aswel we need macros to be put up for a better critique. Also we need GOALS. Where you are no and what you wanna be at in terms of weight and BF level.

Once ya do this we all be in helping ya bro.

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    Ok like Klitch said we need stats.. Along with BMR and TDEE. I hear ya about the money but you just need to shop around for the cheapest deals.
    Aswel we need macros to be put up for a better critique. Also we need GOALS. Where you are no and what you wanna be at in terms of weight and BF level.

Once ya do this we all be in helping ya bro.
    5'7"
    15-16% BF
    Currently unsure of BMR and TDEE, I mostly base my diet around if im gaining weight with little BF ill stay where I am, if im not gaining i up it, etc.

Looking to lean bulk...bf does not need to get higher at all.

Currently running test and tren ...test 375mg/wk...tren 525mg/wk.

Sorry for not posting stats up aha that would definitely help you guys

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerliftWill View Post
    hey guys im running tren and test right now and this is my diet, though it's been tough being this consistent with my current financial situation so i havent gotten the full potential that this cycle could give someone. I plan to make more sacrifices in my personal life so I continue this diet and afford it.

9:00am: 1/2 cup brown, 8oz chicken breast

11:00am: 1 cup rolled oats, 6 oz tuna, 1 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) w/ salad

1:00pm: PWO 2 scoop whey, 30g fast digesting carbs, 2 bannanas

2:00pm: 1/2 cup brown rice, 8 oz chicken breast

4:00pm: 1 cup oats, 6 oz tuna, 1 tbsp EVOO w/ salad

6:00pm: 1/2 cup brown rice, 8 oz chicken breast

8:00pm: 1 cup oats, 6 oz tuna, 1 tbsp EVOO w/ salad

10:00-
    10:30 5 eggs, 2 tbsp EVOO, 4 caps fish oil, other supps

Protein: around 360-380
    carbs: around 450g carbs
    fats: around 70g
    cals: around 4000

I'll have to calculate the exact amount but that's a good ballpark number. Im pretty repetitive food choice wise, just to keep things very simple. I hate complicated crap since my life is complicated as it is.
    I think it looks pretty good...The only thing I would suggest would maybe replace one of your chicken meals with steak...A little bit more calories and a little higher in your grams of fat per day..

I usually float around 100 grams of fat per day on a cycle...What are your goals with this cycle??

BeefyKane is offline New Member
    Multivitamins?

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    The leaness of the bulk is dependant on calories in vs. out and you don't seem to be tracking them closely according to your TDEE. Your food choices are fine but you should be more scientific about the process to ensure you make optimal gains/stay lean.

In terms of food; definitely do a slower digesting protein such as casein or red meat for your last meal and reduce fat overall - what you say is around 70g, I calculate to be 120g. roughly

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyKane View Post
    Multivitamins?
    That's a given, i didn't feel like posting it because EVERYONE needs them in their diet.

Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post
    I usually float around 100 grams of fat per day on a cycle...What are your goals with this cycle??
    bascially i want to lean bulk, and it's work welled but im starting to stall and need to up my calories. I figured just replacing the chicken with steak later in the evening and a few extra tbsp of olive oil would do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by PowerliftWill View Post
    bascially i want to lean bulk, and it's work welled but im starting to stall and need to up my calories. I figured just replacing the chicken with steak later in the evening and a few extra tbsp of olive oil would do the trick
    Yeah test that out and see how that treats you...That should do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post
    Yeah test that out and see how that treats you...That should do the trick
    Thanks for the feedback....will check back in a few weeks and let you guys know how it goes. Started this today though I feel a little constipated and irregular...it might be because of my lack of fluids. I don't think I even drank a 1/2 gallon of water today. Drinking a good amount right now and my stomach already feels better so we'll see how that goes.

Thread Information