RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

hydration issues

i am wondering if any of yall have any hydration issues? i try my best to pound water all day long, and yet i still feel dehydrated. it is really bad first thing in the morning and that is when i like to hit the pool or gym. i usually pound a bunch of water right when i awake, but i never feel fully hydrated. my question is, what are some the things that yall do to get/stay hydrated, especially upon waking? thanks

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Well, sufficient carbohydrate intake helps. Ask anyone who's run a keto diet; they'll tell you it's much more taxing on hydration capabilities. Also, it's not so much about "pounding" water but having a consistent intake throughout the day. Try to have a pint before bed - don't worry, you won't keep waking up throughout the night to pee as it will take your body a couple hours to process it anyway. I also like to have a glass on my nightstand in case I do wake up inevitably thirsty or for first thing in the morning. Despite a high water intake, if you're taking any strong thermogenics or even just caffeine, you should drink plenty of water with it and increase intake accordingly throughout the day. Also, this one may seem obvious but if your sodium/electrolyte levels are depleted, you'll be more prone to dehydration. That's all I know.

army_cobra is offline Associate Member
    I never stop drinking water. Even at night i will wake up and drinkin at least 3 glasses of water. I have a huge jug i take to work and my goal is to have it all gone when i get off work. I believe i drink so much due to being in the army and going over seas.

Now for being hydrated when you wake up im not to sure. If you dont wake up in the night to drink water it will be hard. I guess drink more water throughout the day and pound it down in the evening.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i always keep a bottle or two of water by the night stand. it may be an electrolyte thing. i do not take thermogenics, but do drink caffeine. usually have a cup of black coffee/green tea when i get to work, this is usually after i have worked out/cardio already. i have a 32 oz mug that i constantly sip on during the day. it seems as if my mouth/throat are always dry. and i am not a diabetic. thanks for the info guys, i may go get some electrolyte pills or drink or something to that nature.

Thread Information