azizi123 is offline Banned

When to start eating?

Hi,

I've been on my cut diet for last 6 weeks and plan on starting my bulk cycle on 21st march where il obviously be eating a lot more,

My question is, should I eat like I'm on cycle next week, 1 week prior to my cycle or just start eating loads when the cycle starts.

I'm guessing it doesn't really matter but I thought I'd double check.

Cheers

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I would slowly increase cals when the cycle begins.

If you've been dieting and suddenly start "eating loads", you'll more than likely just end up adding more fat than you'd like.

If you're gonna take a long estered cycle, I would increase by no more than 200 cal per day every week starting from the beginning of the cycle.

For a short estered cycle, do the same thing but start a couple weeks before the cycle begins.

Either way, you want to be eating your gaining type diet by the time your cycle starts to kick in.

The best way is to prime - do some reading and save it for next time........

Thanks guys, yes it's a 12 week test e 500mg and 70mg 8 week anavar cycle...

Guess il up it next week then... Dnt have the weeks to increase by 200 although if I had of asked this earlier I wud definitely take ur advise.

Il just do a tad more cardio :-p

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I will step up here and say that i disagree

I think that afer dieting your body is ready to switch the growth switch on and you can literally bumb the cals up over the course of 1 week or maybe even less

Layne norton follows a program where he gains for 6-8 weeks then cuts for 2-4 weeks... He literally swings calories from 500 below mtnce to 500 above mtnce over night

Thats a 1000 calore bump

Although he does that as a natural athlete ( he has great genetics) i would not do it if gear was not involved

Ur metabolism is going to be slower than normal so when u eat a shit load of calories the body wont know whats hit it and will need to store all of the extra calories

If u can create the right environment ( verry anabolic ( androgens, heavy intense training etc..)) i think u may be able to make the body grow at an exceptional rate ( LBM growth )

This is just me thinking out loud but just thought I would share my views

Its worth mentioning that calories should stay clean if you take this approach
    Last edited by baseline_9; 03-10-2011 at 06:06 PM.

I have read a lot about this and given it a lot of thought but I don't have much personal experience at different protocols.

I would agree with you except for when a longer estered cycle is run. I just don't see the point in eating 1k + excess calories when your cycle takes 4 - 6 weeks to kick in.

As far as timing it so that your increased calorie diet starts at the same time that your cycle becomes effective, I agree 100%.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I'm going with D7M on this one. I completely understand what Base is saying and agree, but the key here, and I mean BIG KEY is -If u can create the right environment ( verry anabolic ( androgens, heavy intense training etc..)) i think u may be able to make the body grow at an exceptional rate ( LBM growth ) - if you aren't really dialed in and REALLY know what you're doing, I think you have much higher chances of storing bodyfat, even if you DO make decent gains. My .02

Exaclty GB

The 'IF' should have been in bold

It would be a gamble and you could 'spill over'...

But IF you get it right the results could be very good

If i was to adopt this method i would defo front load the long ester and load a short ester into the mix and maybe even an oral

As i said im thinking out loud because in planning my next cycle after a cut

I may front load test enth for the first week while also shooting prop for the first 4 weeks and run dbol throughout aswell

IDK but i just wanna take full advantage of being 'Primed'

Thanks for replie guys, dnt know what to say other than I'm gonna increase cals slightly over next 9 days before cycle starts and see how it goes.

I wanted to post so ppl didn't think I was being rude or watever

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Exaclty GB

The 'IF' should have been in bold

It would be a gamble and you could 'spill over'...

But IF you get it right the results could be very good

If i was to adopt this method i would defo front load the long ester and load a short ester into the mix and maybe even an oral

As i said im thinking out loud because in planning my next cycle after a cut

I may front load test enth for the first week while also shooting prop for the first 4 weeks and run dbol throughout aswell

IDK but i just wanna take full advantage of being 'Primed'
    At the risk of being cliche, this is one of those personal things.

I've tried it both ways: Priming hard and slowly increasing cals, and priming hard and increasing cals quickly.

Personally when I increase cals too quick, it doesn't end well for me (even with plenty of AAS).

Either way, Baseline, you will still be getting the full advantage of the prime.

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    At the risk of being cliche, this is one of those personal things.

I've tried it both ways: Priming hard and slowly increasing cals, and priming hard and increasing cals quickly.

Personally when I increase cals too quick, it doesn't end well for me (even with plenty of AAS).

Either way, Baseline, you will still be getting the full advantage of the prime.
    Thanks for the follow up D7

Lots to think about for me but i have untill may to decide what im going to do

The sensible thing would defo be to increase cals slowly and hopefully remain lean while adding LBM and minimal fat

I need to take a back seat and realise that im in this for the long term and good gains over a long period are better than shit gains over a quick period

Hmmmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    I need to take a back seat and realise that im in this for the long term and good gains over a long period are better than shit gains over a quick period

Hmmmmmmm....
    ^ ^ this!!

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I'm going with D7M on this one. I completely understand what Base is saying and agree, but the key here, and I mean BIG KEY is -If u can create the right environment ( verry anabolic ( androgens, heavy intense training etc..)) i think u may be able to make the body grow at an exceptional rate ( LBM growth ) - if you aren't really dialed in and REALLY know what you're doing, I think you have much higher chances of storing bodyfat, even if you DO make decent gains. My .02
    Very responsible advice.

Research "Priming" protocol Azizi.

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post

Glad I'm not alone. I notice the wrong kind of gains right away if I make a jump from one goal to the other. I used to think it was just water from the increased carb intake (usually the vehicle by which said cals increase mainly) but I've come to recognize my body simply needs time to adjust and learn to expend energy less sparingly first.

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Glad I'm not alone. I notice the wrong kind of gains right away if I make a jump from one goal to the other. I used to think it was just water from the increased carb intake (usually the vehicle by which said cals increase mainly) but I've come to recognize my body simply needs time to adjust and learn to expend energy less sparingly first.
    Absolutely!!!

Your body won't know what to do with the overdose of carbs...and the outcome will be a gain...and NOT in a good way. I learned this the hard way dieting for show. Trainers tell you how to eat to whittle down...but never tell you what NOT to do after. (I looked like a friggen Buddha)

Adjusting slowly ...incorporating good, clean carbs is a must. Metobolism, insulin .....they need time to respond.
    Last edited by Kawigirl; 03-11-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Yup, now we're really steering this thread in the right direction regarding the OP's ultimate quality of gains. Calories in vs. out sometimes get lost in the shuffle when we talk about things like carb cycling, keto diets, and such and that's bad but even worse is just bumping them up according the new goal of gaining mass without considering the state of one's metabolism and insulin response.

You can't run your car on the brink of an empty fuel tank for weeks, months on end and then start pumping it full of premium and expect your fuel economy to have maintained consistent. Maybe you can, I'm not a gear-head but it sounded reasonable.

Yup, now we're really steering this thread in the right direction regarding the OP's ultimate quality of gains. Calories in vs. out sometimes get lost in the shuffle when we talk about things like carb cycling, keto diets, and such and that's bad but even worse is just bumping them up according the new goal of gaining mass without considering the state of one's metabolism and insulin response.

You can't run your car on the brink of an empty fuel tank for weeks, months on end and then start pumping it full of premium and expect your fuel economy to have maintained consistent. Maybe you can, I'm not a gear-head but it sounded reasonable.
    Good relation Dam!
    All of us have a different rate of burning fuel; and you won't know yourself well till trial and error. But when doing this...best to error on the slow side.

For metabolism...I use this one. It's like feeding a fire. If you don't keep stoking (eating)...it won't keep burning steadily.

Yours is better, lol.

Yours is better, lol.
    lol..ya...you men like to play with fire a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    lol..ya...you men like to play with fire a lot!
    Then you must be fire KG... just sayin.

Sorry for the hijack, i've been spending too much time in the lounge lately. Gotta keep my professionalism about me here!

POPS is offline Senior Member
    great info here guys!!!

sorry, and girl!! lol!!

this one needs a bump...

Thread Information