Thread: Wildgame Meat

army_cobra is offline Associate Member

Wildgame Meat

So i live in the country and i do alot of hunting and fishing. I have done research and from what i have found wildgame meat is better then what you can get at the store. I am planning on adding deer, elk, turkey, and fish to my diet. Does anyone have any opinions on this?

What you have mentioned above IMO are some of the best animal proteins you can eat. All of them tend to be very lean, haven't been given a bunch of unnecessary antibiotics, and have been eating a natural diet which has countless benefits for you.

Eat up and enjoy!

nguadagno is offline Associate Member
    hows pheasant for a good meat? from septemberish til december i go pheasant hunting a lot and if thats a good meat source ill definitely be going hunting a lot more instead of having to buy all this food....thoughts?

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    i love buffalo meat. very lean

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i love wild game! i can't wait to go offshore fishing so i can restock my freezer. damn oil spill hendered my freezer last year. and yes, wild game is very very lean, so you have to add a little bit more fats in your diet when eating it. i usually grind my deer and wild hog meat with a little 80/20 beef, and sometimes pork butt. pheasant, turkey, yard bird, swamp chicken, they all are good and very lean.

Hey thanks guys, i was hoping what i was reading on the internet was true lol. I dont think i could cut wildgame out of my food source.

alright sweet, cant wait for september hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by nguadagno View Post
    hows pheasant for a good meat? from septemberish til december i go pheasant hunting a lot and if thats a good meat source ill definitely be going hunting a lot more instead of having to buy all this food....thoughts?
    I actually did a research on pheasant not to long ago cause i have like 40 some birds in my freezer lol.

http://www.gunnersden.com/index.htm....ion-value.html

Just found it looked pretty good to me

thats legit, i cant wait now haha im going to decimate the pheasant population just to have a great diet :P

Thread Information