Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    south Florida
    Posts
    3,869

    Cooking Asparagus

    cutting right now and don't want to use Olive Oil. How do you guys cook em'? I've always used cucumbers, spinach,and coliflower when it comes to vegetables, so I am confused on the easist/leanest way for asparagus.

    thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,911
    My favorite way is to rub them with salt/pepper/garlic, wrap them in aluminum foil and cook them on the grill. You could do the same thing in the oven though.

    Just don't overcook them. They should remain a little bit brittle/crunchy as many of the nutrients are lost from overcooking.

  3. #3
    MACHINE5150's Avatar
    MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,651
    ^^you can toss them in olive oil if you want and add salt.. you have to use sea salt to make it come out right though. If you don't use olive oil then just toss in water so the salt will stick to em. then throw them on a cookie sheet and broil em for about 8-10 min.. maybe longer, maybe less.. shake the pan mid way through so they get cooked evenly.. then drizzle half a lemon over them.. they are DELICOUS!!!

    also make sure you cut off the bottom inch of all the stocks.

  4. #4
    Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    south Florida
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    My favorite way is to rub them with salt/pepper/garlic, wrap them in aluminum foil and cook them on the grill. You could do the same thing in the oven though.

    Just don't overcook them. They should remain a little bit brittle/crunchy as many of the nutrients are lost from overcooking.
    Do you think this would work okay on a Foreman grill? Also, do I double side wrap them in aluminium foil or do I just let them sit on a sheet of it? Thanks

  5. #5
    MACHINE5150's Avatar
    MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,651
    ^^No need for aluminum foil unless you put on the BBQ.. if you put on foreman then just put directly on the grill.. and roll them over half way through

  6. #6
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    The little lady introduced me to this. We put them on the forman grill ..it is awesome like this....

  7. #7
    Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    south Florida
    Posts
    3,869
    Thanks guys. I don't know any other ways of cooking besides a Foreman grill and a Microwave for my sweet potatos. I need to get a wife or something soon

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,911
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    ^^No need for aluminum foil unless you put on the BBQ.. if you put on foreman then just put directly on the grill.. and roll them over half way through
    /\/\ The aluminum foil is just to keep them moist and from drying out on the grill or in the oven.

    Getting a wife just for cooking purposes is soooo not worth it.

  9. #9
    MACHINE5150's Avatar
    MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    /\/\ The aluminum foil is just to keep them moist and from drying out on the grill or in the oven.

    Getting a wife just for cooking purposes is soooo not worth it.
    ^^^Agreed.. most white american women don't cook anymore anyways.. unless you find a really rare one or one from the south.. all other races know how to take care of their men though.

  10. #10
    kalspic's Avatar
    kalspic is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    1,247
    blanch them. drop them in boiling salted water for about 2-3 minutes and your good to go. or eat them raw.

  11. #11
    dosXX's Avatar
    dosXX is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    504
    i boil them for few minutes and after that i grill them then dip it in olive oil with red balsamic vinegar. later on you get stinky pipi

  12. #12
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,443
    Quote Originally Posted by kalspic View Post
    blanch them. drop them in boiling salted water for about 2-3 minutes and your good to go. or eat them raw.
    This, or you can steam them. Just fill a pot with a little water and bring to a boil. Get a colander or steam basket and put the already cut asparagus in and drop into the pot, making sure the basket/colander doesn't actually sit in the water. Doesn't taste the greatest, but nothing a little salt and pepper can't fix.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •