falco21 is offline Associate Member

Back In The Game But Need Some Help!

Whats going on everyone, it has definitely been a while. With school ending and traveling back home from Texas, it has been rough these past couple months trying to get back in the swing of things. As many of you know, I have succeeded in losing around 45 lbs and went from around 250 lbs to the lowest being 195. Since I have been home I have gained about 15 lbs and need to get back where I was before. I have started running again as of today, but my diet is definitely the issue.

Back when I was in school, I was able to purchase my own food and control my diet to a "T". When I had the urge to splurge, there was nothing to splurge on, since nothing had been bought. Now that I am home and going to school full time again to get my degree, I have to suffice to whatever is bought by my parents at home. Dieting has been real hard now, since my parents do not necessarily follow the proper eating protocol. I was wondering if there was a simple diet or if someone could help in regards to what foods I should be intaking as well. I am going to start running every morning on an empty stomach, but I can not lift weights due to my shoulder injury still in the process of healing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!!
    Glad to be back!!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Obviously you already know what to eat since you've run a successful diet in the past. Do you have any $$$ to buy your own food, at least some bare essentials? If not, list what is available to you. You need to find a way to make it work.

As for splurging/binging, where before you were forced not to due to lack of food to splurge on, you will now have to learn discipline and consistency - no easy feat, and the number one reason why most people fail with dieting. Master those and you will master your diet.

All my money is currently involved in school. Trying to finish my degree. I got to look at what food there is exactly, have not really taken the time to look around. Gbrice you look great in your avatar!! Definitely have come far since when I first signed up here. Congrats man!! What's your diet been like?

Quote Originally Posted by falco21 View Post
    All my money is currently involved in school. Trying to finish my degree. I got to look at what food there is exactly, have not really taken the time to look around. Gbrice you look great in your avatar!! Definitely have come far since when I first signed up here. Congrats man!! What's your diet been like?
    Thanks brotha, appreciate it! Too detailed to post here and I don't want to hijack your thread; feel free to check out my log - http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ess-Log/page51

I was going to do that, but last time I looked when I was on here it was not 51 pages haha Unbelievable though man. Truly an inspiration

Thx again bro!

I am going to do the Palumbo diet for a while again. Its simple and very effective. Nothing to drastic food wise

Just updating a little. Diet has been in check. I entered Keto after a few days, only problem was I had to come out of it =/

It was the GFs birthday and her favorite restaurant is the Melting Pot =X I told her I couldn't eat the Chocolate Fondue, but that's her favorite thing and she didn't want to order it if she was going to be the only one eating it. I felt horrible. Her birthday comes once a year, so I had to. The next morning though I was up and running again at 6 am. Been doing that for about a little over a week now. I feel great. Weighed in on Wednesday at 220, will weigh in every Wednesday.

I know some of you might not care, but this helps me keep going. Plus it might benefit someone looking to try the Palumbo diet as well.

The Melting Pot is dangerous!!!

Luckily, the place annoys me more than I enjoy the food. I don't feel like cooking my own food at a restaurant and watching a damn clock. But the desserts... yea, that's a different story!

Yea I feel you on that one. I was starving but had to wait:

1 Minute for the Tuna
    1 1/2 Minutes for the Steak
    2 Minutes for the Chicken
    and so on..... hahaha

Since then I have been back on track though. Kept moving forward so that's a good thing.

Again...It was my GF's favorite restaurant. Had to go there lol

Again...It was my GF's favorite restaurant. Had to go there lol
    I hear you bro. Put me in a Carrabba's, Longhorn Steakhouse, or The Cheesecake Factory, and i'm screwed!

I have a question. My morning routine goes as follows:

I wake up at 6am and on the treadmill running by about 6:20.
    I am on a keto diet so cardio on an empty stomach is Low Intensity for 45 minutes.
    When I am finished I pound down a protein shake about 30 minutes later.
    1 hour after my shake I have my breakfast which consists of 5 eggs and turkey bacon.

I noticed that when I am about to eat breakfast I am never hungry. I have to force myself to eat it, and even then I feel like throwing it all up. Why is this? Is this common due to the cardio on an empty stomach?

Also, I haven't been working out due to my rotator cuff and labrum repair, but my doctor cleared me this morning to start working out. I am going to start light, but I was wondering if someone has a good split to do geared towards burning fat while building muscle? I know I need high reps, but is there a workout someone has that I could use as a guide to get started?

I have a question. My morning routine goes as follows:

I wake up at 6am and on the treadmill running by about 6:20.
    I am on a keto diet so cardio on an empty stomach is Low Intensity for 45 minutes.
    When I am finished I pound down a protein shake about 30 minutes later.
    1 hour after my shake I have my breakfast which consists of 5 eggs and turkey bacon.

I noticed that when I am about to eat breakfast I am never hungry. I have to force myself to eat it, and even then I feel like throwing it all up. Why is this? Is this common due to the cardio on an empty stomach?
    Do you notice that you're hungry when you wake up, or durning cardio, and/or at the time you take the shake?

Also, I haven't been working out due to my rotator cuff and labrum repair, but my doctor cleared me this morning to start working out. I am going to start light, but I was wondering if someone has a good split to do geared towards burning fat while building muscle? I know I need high reps, but is there a workout someone has that I could use as a guide to get started?
    No specific routine off the top of my head, but definitely keep things light and stay in the 12-20 rep range IMO.

Yea I have to keep things light anyways since this will be the first time lifting after my surgery. Pretty excited!! =)

Also, yes I was hungry when I first woke up but not starving. Even at lunch time today I wasn't hungry at all. It's very strange. I mean I'm not complaining lol Keeps me from eating, but its just strange.

Thread Information