polarb68111 is offline Junior Member

Workout/Schedule/Diet

Ok, figure its time to get this started. I originally came on here awhile back, doing research to get swoll, but let it slide. So I am back now a few years and pounds later. I need some help with the diet, and thoughts on the workout. Here are the best stats I can come up with.

Age-29
    Height-6'2
    Weight-325
    BF%-26%ish(this was figured using measurements)
    Cycle History-none, yet
    Goals-Lower BF% to something healthy, get rid of gut

I have started 30minutes on a bike in the morning as soon as I wake up, 5 days a week. I figured getting my hr to 133 was the goal per one of the threads on here, to get it to burn fat not muscle.

I am currently not doing anything close to a diet. I have been reading in here about the multiple things involved with certain diets. I just don't have everything down yet. I am looking for a set meal plan that will help me lose my gut/down bf, but not leave me starving all day.

This is what I have gathered from another thread, but I dont know what/how to adjust it to my own size/weight. Also amounts ie when is says lean protein, how much lean protein.

Meal 1:
    Lean Protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal

Meal 2:
    Protein shake/Lean Protein (2 tbsp flax)

Meal 3:
    Veggies, Lean Protein

Workout

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition

Meal 5:
    Veggies, Lean Protein, 1/2 cup rice or oatmeal.

Meal 6:
    Shake with Flax

Any help I could get with this would be very appreciated. I have read alot over the last little while. My original thoughts were to do a tren A, test p, and whinny cutting cycle. But after doing the reading through a lot of this forum, that's not where or how I need to start. I need to diet/train first and foremost. I just need some help in the right direction.
    Thanks

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    bold

Quote Originally Posted by polarb68111 View Post
    Ok, figure its time to get this started. I originally came on here awhile back, doing research to get swoll, but let it slide. So I am back now a few years and pounds later. I need some help with the diet, and thoughts on the workout. Here are the best stats I can come up with.

Age-29
    Height-6'2
    Weight-325
    BF%-26%ish(this was figured using measurements)
    Cycle History-none, yet
    Goals-Lower BF% to something healthy, get rid of gut

I have started 30minutes on a bike in the morning as soon as I wake up, 5 days a week. I figured getting my hr to 133 was the goal per one of the threads on here, to get it to burn fat not muscle.

Good idea. AM fasted cardio at a lower-med intensity will do wonders for burning bodyfat

I am currently not doing anything close to a diet. I have been reading in here about the multiple things involved with certain diets. I just don't have everything down yet. I am looking for a set meal plan that will help me lose my gut/down bf, but not leave me starving all day.

This is what I have gathered from another thread, but I dont know what/how to adjust it to my own size/weight. Also amounts ie when is says lean protein, how much lean protein.

Based on the stats you provided, I have your maintenance calories figured to be somewhere around 2600/day. Other then cardio and your workout, how active are you the rest of your day? What do you do for a living? Do you play any sports, etc?

For now let's assume 2600 is your maintenance. I would drop you down to 2300 for starters and incorporate more cardio then you're currently doing. 45 mins fasted in the am, 5-6 days/week. 30 more mins PWO at a higher intensity (intervals for instance) - can you work that into your schedule? At 2300 calories, i'd start you at a 40/40/20 split (P/C/F):

230g protein - 920 calories
    230g carbs - 920 calories
    50g fat - 450 calories

You can play with the macros a little bit if you think carbs are too high, protein is too low, etc. I would leave fat where it is for now. Assuming you'll leave it exactly as I have it, i'd structure your diet something like:

Meal 1:
    Lean Protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal
    30-40g protein (eggs/whites, whey, etc) and 50g complex carbs (oats, etc)

Meal 2:
    Protein shake/Lean Protein (2 tbsp flax)
    Protein/fat meal is good here. 30-40g lean protein, around 15g healthy fat (avacado, olive oil, nuts, etc)

Meal 3:
    Veggies, Lean Protein
    Complex carbs here instead of veggies, 60-75g to fuel your workout. 50g lean protein (chicken, white fish, etc)

Workout

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition
    Another 50g protein (whey protein shake) and 40-50g carbs

Meal 5:
    Veggies, Lean Protein, 1/2 cup rice or oatmeal.
    Possibly skip complex carbs here. Make this meal pro/fat w/ veggies. 30-40g protein, 15g or so healthy fat, minimal carbs from fiberous veggies

Meal 6:
    Shake with Flax
    30g protein, fish oils better then flax. Get fats to about 15g here to slow protein absorption. serving of nuts plus some fish oil caps should do it

Not exact, but gives you an idea. I structured the diet to have carbs in your first meal of the day (after your fasted cardio), and around your workout window. All other meals are pro/fat with veggies

Any help I could get with this would be very appreciated. I have read alot over the last little while. My original thoughts were to do a tren A, test p, and whinny cutting cycle. But after doing the reading through a lot of this forum, that's not where or how I need to start. I need to diet/train first and foremost. I just need some help in the right direction.
    Thanks

Glad you chose to stay away from the AAS for now. Without the fundamentals in check, all AAS will do is drain your wallet and potentially harm you

First off thanks man. This is exactly what I needed. Heres some answers to the questions you had.

Based on the stats you provided, I have your maintenance calories figured to be somewhere around 2600/day. Other then cardio and your workout, how active are you the rest of your day? What do you do for a living? Do you play any sports, etc?

I work in an office all day or am on the road traveling. I have free time in the morning and a bike in the house. I dont play any sports.

Thanks again, I am going to start this up first thing in the am!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by polarb68111 View Post
    First off thanks man. This is exactly what I needed. Heres some answers to the questions you had.

I work in an office all day or am on the road traveling. I have free time in the morning and a bike in the house. I dont play any sports.

Thanks again, I am going to start this up first thing in the am!
    Ok, good. I wanted to make sure I didn't have you too low. I would start at 2300 as I said, but you need to monitor yourself closely and make adjustments as needed if you're making no progress, OR gaining fat. A combination of the scale, measurements, how clothes fit and how you look in the mirror should all be used as tools to measure progress. I'd measure weekly.

Ok, so week one is done. Extremely sore from biking. Eating this amount of food the first couple of days was hard. But now, a week or so later, not to bad. Actually been finding out that I can eat less. Obviously my energy is down but I can live with that for a few weeks. Havent done any weight measurements, planning on every 2 weeks. Also next week I am traveling all week will not have a chance to follow this plan. So I will be doing my best to bike daily and just try to eat lean/small meals with clients. I take clients out for 3 meals and then drinking at night, so its hard to eat healthy for this next week. Feel good and tired going into week 2, that makes me feel like I am doing something. @ gbrice75, Thanks again for the help.

Thread Information