YoungMan is offline Associate Member

Diet and eca stack

Guys im doing the Dave palumbo diet for 2 weeks now... heres the diet:

For a 200lb man:

MEAL #1
    5 whole eggs (make sure to buy omega-3 EGGS from the supermarket. They contain virtually NO saturated fat and tons of good omega-3 fats); add another 4 egg whites to this (they don?t need to be the omega-3 ones; you can use liquid egg whites)

MEAL #2
    SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

MEAL #3
    "Lean Protein Meal": 8oz chicken with 1/2-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts)

MEAL #4
    SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

MEAL #5
    "Fatty Protein Meal": 8oz Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

MEAL #6
    SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1 ? tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (omega-3) eggs and 4 extra whites

The diet sais not to consume any caffeine because it could drop sugar levels... How bad will sugar levels drop? and is it a good idea that i dont do the eca stack?

anyone?

Alone is offline New Member
    i am not an expert but:
    meal 2,4,6 u use shake as protein source try to get a real food as well on mean 6 if u do shake get Casein protein or beef
    and sort out your macros
    example :
    mealal 1:
    125/30/12/1 lentil
    90/1 /36/ 7 white eggs
    106/1/24/0 pro shake
    321/32/64/13 total
    i get 5 fish oil pills aswell here
    ================================================== ================================================== ======================================
    meal 2:
    175//30/6/3 oat <50 grm>
    92/1/21/0.4 tuna
    267/31/27/9 total
    i have 3 4 broccoli here aswell just dont counting infos
    5x fish oil pills
    ================================================== ================================================== ======================================
    meal 3:
    231/0/43/5 chiken breast <150grm>
    220/43/8/0 pasta make sure its whole meal pasta or brown rice or bulgur.<100Grm>
    451/43/51/5 total
    meal 4: 106/1/24/ 0 prot shake
    220/40/8/4 ota <50grm>
    326/41/32/4 total
    taking 5 fish oil pills here aswell
    its my pre work out shake well if i have time and no class i would eat a meal here same as meal 2 if no i have to stick with shake and oat
    ================================================== ================================================== =======================================
    + PWO shake 106/1/24/ 0
    110/20/4/2 ota <25 grm>
    216/21/28/2 total
    ================================================== ================================================== =======================================
    meal 5:
    110/0/25/2 chiken <around 100 grm >
    154/17/13/4 low fat yugurt <200grm>
    264/15/38/2 total
    ================================================== ================================================== ========================================
    meal 6:
    240/0/41/5 beef lean cut
    as well as some broccoli
    5x fish oil pills

Totall = CAL/KARB/PRO/fat
    2085/183/281/45
    and try to get real food instead of those shakes

Quote Originally Posted by Alone View Post
    i am not an expert but:
    meal 2,4,6 u use shake as protein source try to get a real food as well on mean 6 if u do shake get Casein protein or beef
    and sort out your macros
    example :
    mealal 1:
    125/30/12/1 lentil
    90/1 /36/ 7 white eggs
    106/1/24/0 pro shake
    321/32/64/13 total
    i get 5 fish oil pills aswell here
    meal 2:
    175//30/6/3 oat <50 grm>
    92/1/21/0.4 tuna
    267/31/27/9 total
    i have 3 4 broccoli here aswell just dont counting infos
    5x fish oil pills
    meal 3:
    231/0/43/5 chiken breast <150grm>
    220/43/8/0 pasta make sure its whole meal pasta or brown rice or bulgur.<100Grm>
    451/43/51/5 total
    meal 4: 106/1/24/ 0 prot shake
    220/40/8/4 ota <50grm>
    326/41/32/4 total
    taking 5 fish oil pills here aswell
    its my pre work out shake well if i have time and no class i would eat a meal here same as meal 2 if no i have to stick with shake and oat
    + PWO shake 106/1/24/ 0
    110/20/4/2 ota <25 grm>
    216/21/28/2 total
    meal 5:
    110/0/25/2 chiken <around 100 grm >
    154/17/13/4 low fat yugurt <200grm>
    264/15/38/2 total
    ================================================== ================================================== ========================================
    meal 6:
    240/0/41/5 beef lean cut
    as well as some broccoli
    5x fish oil pills

Totall = CAL/KARB/PRO/fat
    2085/183/281/45
    and try to get real food instead of those shakes
    Hey Man im only following what Mr.Palumbo created for the 200lb man and people who follow it have gotten great results...

by the way im trying to super cut so.... no carbs man just super high fats with my flaxseed oils and fish ooils and vitamins and just folling what he said to do

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    I love eca man, you can use it to really power though training when you are low on energy from lack of carbs fats or whatever. Good luck bro!

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    I see a few problems with the above, but let me address the biggest problem I see with this diet. You basically just copied and pasted an example diet and are expecting it to work for you. Dave Palumbo is very knowledgeable when it comes to dieting, but you have to understand that this is just an example of what his keto diet could look like in order to give the reader a better understanding of what a keto diet is all about. A "200 pound man" can mean many things. Is it a 200lb man at 6'3" and 12%bf, or is it a 200lb man at 5'7" and 22%bf? Let me ask you this: do you know why there is a certain ratio of fat recommended on a keto diet and a certain ratio of protein, and what different effects it will have on the body if you alter those ratios? My guess is you don't know the answer judging by your first post. I'm not trying to be rude, but I would suggest you do some research on dieting before you jump into a diet that may or may not have worked for someone else. Furthermore, if you're new to dieting, I would not suggest keto for reasons I don't have time to get into right now (gotta get back to work). How bout you list your stats (age, weight, bf%, height, TDEE, and goals), then you'll have a better way of assessing what kind of macro-nutrient breakdown would best suit you.

I will follow up on this thread when I get back from work. Good luck, bro.

I see a few problems with the above, but let me address the biggest problem I see with this diet. You basically just copied and pasted an example diet and are expecting it to work for you. Dave Palumbo is very knowledgeable when it comes to dieting, but you have to understand that this is just an example of what his keto diet could look like in order to give the reader a better understanding of what a keto diet is all about. A "200 pound man" can mean many things. Is it a 200lb man at 6'3" and 12%bf, or is it a 200lb man at 5'7" and 22%bf? Let me ask you this: do you know why there is a certain ratio of fat recommended on a keto diet and a certain ratio of protein, and what different effects it will have on the body if you alter those ratios? My guess is you don't know the answer judging by your first post. I'm not trying to be rude, but I would suggest you do some research on dieting before you jump into a diet that may or may not have worked for someone else. Furthermore, if you're new to dieting, I would not suggest keto for reasons I don't have time to get into right now (gotta get back to work). How bout you list your stats (age, weight, bf%, height, TDEE, and goals), then you'll have a better way of assessing what kind of macro-nutrient breakdown would best suit you.

I will follow up on this thread when I get back from work. Good luck, bro.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Okay, several things to address. Alone, what the heck??? The OP told you his diet and didn't ask for a critique or you to trash it and write a new one, plus we would all agree that Palumbo would know better than you, although, as musclestack points out, not everyone may agree about the keto style of dieting and it needs to be specifically tailored to the individual. BJ, again the question wasn't about wether you like the eca stack or not he was asking as specifically pertaining to running it with the above diet since the diet author warned against it, I'm a huge fan of the ECA stack as well, but that doesn't mean that I should recommend running it if it could cause health concerns or issues.

OP, as always without your specific stats, ht/wt/bf%/age including dieting and training experience, along with specific goals, you make it very difficult to answer any question you may have. If the author of the diet says not to do it then don't do it, if you agree with his logic on the diet and believe it will acheive the results you are looking for then why would you ask anyone else what they recommend? Just my $.02, best of luck.

Alone is offline New Member
    tbody i didnt critique his diet i just ask him *sort out your macros* and gave my Diet as the example i didnt wanted to be rude or anything well i am sorry if i u guys feel insulted i it wasnt my intention.

Tbody-Not really sure if your comments were directed towards my post, but I feel if the OP doesn't understand, firstly, what I suggested in my post, then the answers to his original questions would be meaningless anyway. After all, we don't know if this laid-out meal plan even suits his stats. He may be consuming way too little or way too many calories. If he's in a major calorie surplus with this diet, then the ECA stack (as far as losing weight goes) will not help him anyway, let alone, worrying about blood sugar levels from the coffee. I just realized a far bigger potential problem that I felt needed to be addressed first. If he goes ahead with the ECA stack but his diet doesn't suit his stats, he will probably feel the ECA stack isn't working for him, when in fact, it could work for him if he just tweaked his diet to suit. Sorry, no offense, just hoping that you understand what I was trying to get across in my post. Upmost respect for ya, bro.

muscle, not directed at you in a negative way at all. Actually I completely agree with you and am simply stating that without a complete picture of where the OP is right now and what he wants to accomplish we can't really help him very much. I would bet that when we find this out we will all recommend something far different for him than what he's wanting to run.

Okay, we're on the same page then. Anxious to see what the OP brings.

me too.

OKay guys hmmm i definiately experienced a keto diet at my life I was 287lb and 32% body fat and i was only 5'9 and was 17 years of age...and prone to bullying... so this is what i did.... I ate meat and meat only... with metamucil for supplementation... this was beyond the atkins diet... this was extreme.... by the time i was 18 and a half i was standing at 6'1 195 lb 10%bf..... I got a scholarship for baseball to play at ball state university...on a full ride... i ended getting up to 225lb 14%body fat.... last year i tore my muniscus completly.. and the stupid fu**cken ball state took my full ride away from me... i had only 1 year left i was going to graduate with a degree in criminology.... anyways i went home had surgery, doctor prescribed me 200 oxy-codeins for pain and i got hooked on those..... and then finnaly woke up again and said wtf am i doing.... now im home for about a year and a half.... started playing baseball again i still fu*ken throw 100 miles and hour from first to third, i still have my bat.... so im getting back to it started lifting again to get the knee strong again... by the way while i was on the pain pills i lost most of my muscle, and was just a tubby person again with.... 215lb 22% body fat.... now after training hard for 8 months (dont forget i had surgury) I got to 204 18% bf.... so since i started this diet almost 2 full weeks have gone by.... i am 196lb 15-16% bf... and beleive it or not it's working really welll i feel stronger, healthier and i feel great to be back on my feet again...... im starting to look great again, and want to be ripped like before.... Iv been through lots in my life, including sever obesity, all the way to getting my dream of playing the mlb taken from me....now im making my comeback...... and muscle stack I do know why you need higher fats and protiens when on a no carb but i dont want to get into that right now because that wasn't my question..... so let me refraise it for you Will eca stack cause any health problems because of the sugar drop, if i took it while on this diet... Thank you have a nice day

It should present you with no additional health concerns over and above the keto diet itself, IMO.

okay thanks buddy

Hey, bro. Sorry for deviating from your original question. I just want to make sure you're getting the appropriae amount of cals in order to preserve the muscle tissue that you have. Given your stats, I would place your TDEE around 2,500; maybe more since you're going to be playing baseball (and I'm sure you'll do some other type of cardio as well). If you want to give the above diet a go, then go for it. If it ends up not giving you the desired results, don't hesitate to come back; I and others will be happy to help you out.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    I love eca man, you can use it to really power though training when you are low on energy from lack of carbs fats or whatever. Good luck bro!
    How often and at what times do you take your ECA? Do you take it with food or on an empty stomach?

I take it after breakfast and again at lunch, I usually don't take a third dose so I can sleep at night. Since I eat every three hours(when I'm on diet/which is when I'll take the stack) I don't worry about with/without food.

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    How often and at what times do you take your ECA? Do you take it with food or on an empty stomach?
    I take mine every 4 hrs starting when I wake up on an empty stomach. Feels like going from 0 to 100mph - I love it.

I feel the effects more when I take it on an empty stomach but I don't know if that makes it more effective in terms of increased metabolism or fat loss.

Edit: 3 times per day.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^thanks guys

Thread Information