nguadagno is offline Associate Member

My Diet, Just Need a TID BIT of tweaking

okay so i got my shit together and i went to the store and bought all the stuff everyone told me too, i got Purdue chicken breast tenderloins, and cooked up two packages as well as 95% lean chop meat which i made into 6 burgers, i also made mashed yams (a little extra sugary cause i was testing out a recipe) and some steamed vegetables as well as quaker oats and greek yogurt, also some skim milk for taste in oatmeal, and tuna for obvious reasons, solid white albacore, now the only thing i need help with, is settling on when i should eat it and and in what combination? cause im still confused on the whole like when i should mix carbs and protein and protein and fats, i understand carbs before workout and in the morning, thats obvious, but if you guys can help me and also maybe give me other good easy examples to fit into all of it, such as i know people have tbsps of peanut butter for good fats

if anyone can help me just set up the times and what not that would be AWESOME, as for breakfast, i know what to eat i have like 6 egg whites and im gonna start with a cup of the oatmeal, with some chopped up fruit and skim milk

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    can you please tell us your stats?

oh, right, sorry

age-19
    height- 5'6"-5'7"
    weight- 147 lbs
    years training- 1 year ish, 7 months of serious training
    BF%-do not know, im gonna put up a picture tommorow so people can be the judge
    overall goal- get big just kidding, just put on some mass and some lean muscle

(used the bulk thread for a outline)
    heres im thinking

Meal One Pro/Carb
    6 egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal (with touch skim milk) 2 cups of milk (2%)
    Calories 642/Protein 51/Carbs 76/Fat 11

Meal Two Pro/Carb
    Three Pieces of Tenderloins, and some steamer veggies (potatoes too)
    Calories 258/ Protein 40/ Carbs 19/ Fat 3

Meal Three Pre WO
    Burger of 95% lean meat and homemade mashed yams
    Calories 474/ Protein 47/ Carbs 32/ Fat 14 (totals a little off because i did not calculate the ingredients i added into the yams i made...i.e...butter, cinnamon, sugar)

Meal Four Post WO
    1 scoop of 100% whey protein in water, 1 pieces of tenderloins 1 cup brown rice
    Calories 502/ Protein 46/ Carbs 49/ Fat 8

Meal Five Pro/Fat
    2 cans of Solid White Albacore, 1 tbsp of Lite Mayo
    Cal 300/ Protein 38/ Carbs 1/ Fat 15

Meal Six Pro/Carb
    Another lean burger, 1 piece of whole wheat toast
    Cal 387/ Protein 49/ Carbs 17/ Fat 14

Meal Seven Pro/Fat
    Solid White Albacore, 2 tbps of peanut butter
    Cal 320/ Protein 26/ Carb 7/ Fat 21

Meal Eight Before Bed
    1 Scoop of Whey Protein
    Calories 120/ Protein 24/ Carbs 3/ Fat 1

Totals
    Calories 3005/ Protein 324/ Carbs 205/ Fat 88
    i feel like the calories are a bit low

does this sound overall like a pretty legit diet to you guys? im really trying for this, i hope this is good
    Last edited by nguadagno; 03-12-2011 at 10:17 AM.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nguadagno View Post
    (used the bulk thread for a outline)
    heres im thinking

Meal One Pro/Carb
    5/6 egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal (probably with skim milk and some fruit of choice) 160z glass of milk You can add a whole egg or two if it fits into your daily fat allotment. Hard saying right now, since you don't have macros listed. I would find an alternative to the fruit, but I don't think it's going to be too big a deal for you.

Meal Two Pro/Fat (some carbs)
    Three Pieces of Tenderloins, some dairy products (probably fat free Greek yogurt), and some steamer veggies (potatoes too) There seems to be a lot of 'probablies' in your diet. Try and make sure you don't constantly change up your macros everyday, this way if something isn't working for you, you'll know where to adjust. I would also make this a pro/carb meal; you need energy for your workout. Drop the yoghurt, and add some complex carbs.

Meal Three PWO
    Burger of 95% lean meat and homemade mashed yams

Meal Four PPWO
    1 scoop of 100% whey protein in water, 2 pieces of tenderloins, 1/2 cup brown rice I would change this meal around with the meal above. Take they whey immediately after your workout. You don't want a burger right after your workout; the fat will slow the rate of absorption down, which you don't want right after a workout. Also, drop the tenderloins; no need for two protein sources in one meal IMO. If you want more protein, just add more whey.

Meal Five Pro/Fat
    Solid White Albacore, 1 tbsp of Lite Mayo, I actually don't know what an albacore is, and I'm feeling a bit too lazy to google it lol. Either way, drop the mayo and replace with a tbsp of EVOO. Much better fat source.

Meal Six Pro/Carb
    Another lean burger, 1 piece of whole wheat toast (butter or jelly) I don't mind the WW bread, although I'm sure you know there's better carb sources out there, but definitely drop the butter/jelly! Useless calories, unless your goal is to be fat. Butter is full of saturated fat, and jelly is all sugar--probably the 2 worst things you can have while dieting.

Meal Seven Pro/Fat
    Solid White Albacore, 2 tbps of peanut butter

Meal Eight Before Bed
    1 Scoop of Whey Protein, Cottage cheese if i can go get some?

does this sound overall like a pretty legit diet to you guys? Don't know...there's no macros listed. im really trying for this, i hope this is good

Overall, it's a lot better than the last diet you posted. Your food choices are getting better, but they still need work, along with your meal placement throughout the day. You're getting there, though. Please list macros in each meal and daily totals, and you'll get much better/more detailed advice.

wait i thought PWO meant pre workout and PPWO meant post, maybe i was mistaken, but i the whey meal is for right after my workout, the burger and yams are before hand

solid white albacore is pretty much tuna haha just a can of tuna
    and what carb source would you recommend instead of the yogurt? the steamed veggies im eating have potatoes in them, do you think thats good enough?
    and another question, how do i find macros out if some stuff is like home made? and i dont know the exact serving size?

Edited with macros
    Last edited by nguadagno; 03-12-2011 at 10:07 AM.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    PWO=post workout
    PPWO=post post workout (meal after your post workout meal)
    Either way, I get it now, so I'm ok with that part of your meal plan.

I would actually throw the potatoes out unless they're sweet potato. White potatoes are much higher on the GI scale than sweet potatoes. If they ARE SP, use this as your carb source. If not, ditch the white, and go with sweet.

If your meals are 'homemade' you must know what you're putting in them. You'll just need to break down each ingredient with macros and go from there. If you're making some kind of casserole or something, I would pre-cook everything and keep it separate. When it's time to eat, mix it all together with the proper portions.

im not sure, there in the steamers bag, they look like red potatoes maybe? (red skin so thats why im guessing) i use sweet potatoes in my pre work out but i can use it in both if thats better, there mashed, they kinda got a lot of sugar in them cause it was my first time making them

does cinnamon have any downfalls or pepper like nutrition wise?

anyone?

Thread Information