MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!

what is the lowest BF% you can get to naturally ?

ok, just wondering what the boards thoughts were on this.

so im cutting in the trainer challenge and todays weigh in and BF% caliper test using fireguys method, yep I weighed in at 190lbs and was 13% Bf, which I am quite happy with, so, 0.13*190 = 175 LBM, to get to 10% BF I WOULD NEED TO LOSE a further 5lbs, right ?

So can i lose this 5lbs of fat in the three weeks left ?

what about taking it further ? 8% 6% ? and can it all be done naturally without juice ? and in what timeframe ?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    It can definitely be done naturally, but there's no general answer with regards to time frame. As your bodyfat gets lower, it obviously gets tougher as your body will start fighting back, trying to hold on to that fat. We haven't evolved to be 200lbs with sub 10% bodyfat; our bodies are very happy to store fat for survival, times of famine, etc.

Some people will be able to do it quicker, some longer, and some may never get there...

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by rossapplecart View Post
    ok, just wondering what the boards thoughts were on this.

so im cutting in the trainer challenge and todays weigh in and BF% caliper test using fireguys method, yep I weighed in at 190lbs and was 13% Bf, which I am quite happy with, so, 0.13*190 = 175 LBM, to get to 10% BF I WOULD NEED TO LOSE a further 5lbs, right ?

So can i lose this 5lbs of fat in the three weeks left ?

what about taking it further ? 8% 6% ? and can it all be done naturally without juice ? and in what timeframe ?
    This comes to 165.3 LBM. If you hold all your lean you would need to get just below 184lbs to hit 10%.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    10-12% is a great place to be. Below about 7 or 8% is not something you wanna sustain for long periods of time. Some pro's can get down to under 5% but its pretty rare from my uderstanding

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Sustainable would be 7-9% I would think anything below would be for stage presence only and something that could not be held for extended periods of time.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    Sustainable would be 7-9% I would think anything below would be for stage presence only and something that could not be held for extended periods of time.
    Er can I ask the obvious, why unsustainable ? is it the extra cardio and dieting ? hypothetically speaking lets just say someone got to below 7% and ate clean maintenance calories at the proper times and macros and all, light cardio, trying to sustain this sub 7%, without too much strain ( i know it aint gonna be a walk in the park ), what would be the likely outcome be ? illness ? lethargy ?

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Er can I ask the obvious, why unsustainable ? is it the extra cardio and dieting ? hypothetically speaking lets just say someone got to below 7% and ate clean maintenance calories at the proper times and macros and all, light cardio, trying to sustain this sub 7%, without too much strain ( i know it aint gonna be a walk in the park ), what would be the likely outcome be ? illness ? lethargy ?
    ok i don't remember the exact reason, maybe fireguy will be around to correct me if i'm wrong . i think it has something to do with the bodies water level. to get to 4-5-6% would reqiure the lose of too much water and therefore could only be sustained for a couple of days. but i could just be making this shi* up in my head..lol

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I would say that if your trying to keep a very low BF all the time your body wants to 'balance' itself out.

Your body doent want lots of muscle, it wants lots of fat

I think you may find that ur body will do a re-composition for the worse. Meaning u will loose LBM and gain fat to create a balance

Gucks is offline Member
    i used 2 be 6% bf natty, but it was because i was essentially anorexic in hospital. im just over 10% atm and it wuld like 2 be at 8. 8 imo is about ideal to sustain, off-season pros wont go above 10. thts a gd target i think, plenty of guys i know sustain bf about 8% tho.

Thread Information