biggerisbetter1827 is offline Junior Member

Eating Disorder - Best Way to re-introduce food

So I recently started dating a lovely asian girl....who turns out has an eating disorder. She used to be bulimic but she quit that, now she doesn't eat all minus a meal here or there (Its been like this for about 3-4 months). I actually had no idea until she brought it up to me the other day. Shes not fat or anything but she has wanted to get skinnier because she is getting a boob job at the end of April !

She used to be addicted to training but kind of fell off the wagon due to some family things and she has never followed a strict diet. She has always wanted to strive for the Jamie Eason type look and possibly compete one day but she has just never had the guidance to do so. So to get her eating properly again I'm currently in the works of designing her a diet, and will start getting her back in the gym as well.

My question to you guys is; what would be the best way of introducing food back into her diet?
    Also about training, should I keep her away from it for a while until her body starts getting proper nutrition? Or do some light cardio and weights?

Height: 5'3
    Weight: 119
    Bf: 20-25% roughly

I would get her to make an account here as well but I would rather not have her know all the details of my 'hobby'! Not quite yet anyways.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    -D

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    if she has serious eating dissorder you should ask a head shrink these questions. Its a mental illness and i'm not sure anyone here is qualified to answer your questions

I wouldn't say its a serious problem, its more she just doesn't know how to diet and eat properly. If I can't get her on proper diet and eating properly, yes I will consider a head shrink. She is ready for the change, and just needs guidance in the right direction thats all.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    If she's serious about making the change, just reintroduce foods slowly, don't overwhelm her system. I'd start with lean proteins and fiberous veggies only, then start working in a complex carb meal and some healthy fats to get her back up to speed.

Awesome, ya that is what I was more or less thinking. Thanks Gbrice

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    If she's serious about making the change, just reintroduce foods slowly, don't overwhelm her system. I'd start with lean proteins and fiberous veggies only, then start working in a complex carb meal and some healthy fats to get her back up to speed.
    Excellent advice. Fibrous veggies are a calorie neutral food and even someone with mental issues regarding food can surely understand that protein only, up to 2g per lb. of body weight, will never result in storing fat. Using these food sources, she should be able to get a handle on eating a decent quantity of food. Once you've achieved that, as the man himself has said, we can talk about adding foods that do present a risk of fat gain should they be mishandled.

Right on. Ya I'm thinking of aiming for 2-3 meals a day for the first week and progessing up to about 5-6 over about 3-4 weeks just depending on how her body is handling it and such. I've decided to hold off on training for a couple of weeks and just getting her doing one thing at a time, just so she doesn't get to overwhelmed. I'll post up a future diet for critiquing once I have a bit of break from school. Thanks again.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    Quote Originally Posted by biggerisbetter1827 View Post
    Right on. Ya I'm thinking of aiming for 2-3 meals a day for the first week and progessing up to about 5-6 over about 3-4 weeks just depending on how her body is handling it and such. I've decided to hold off on training for a couple of weeks and just getting her doing one thing at a time, just so she doesn't get to overwhelmed. I'll post up a future diet for critiquing once I have a bit of break from school. Thanks again.
    the body will handle the food better if the 2-3 meals is spread out to 5-6 which you want to progress her to. start with more meals same amount of food

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by l2elapse View Post
    the body will handle the food better if the 2-3 meals is spread out to 5-6 which you want to progress her to. start with more meals same amount of food
    Agreed

Thread Information