clayton2127 is offline Junior Member

macro suggestions?

Ok.. so i am doing a bulking cycle but not trying to become a blithering fat ass.. what macros would you suggest if I were eating about 4000 colories and my maintenance was 3481. well, somewhere in the 34's.. what I have been doing is about 105-110 g fat/375-400g carbs/375-400g protein and 4000 calories. my weight goes between 196 and 199 right now. before i started this i weighed about 203 or so but was eating crap. i went all the way down to 192 but now im back up to where i just said from raising my cals from the previous 3600-3700 to now 4000k. how do my macros look? im kind of thinking the fat is too high with that many carbs but i dunno.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    How does your body react to carbs? Do you feel you're insulin resistant at all? If no, i'd suggest carbs being a bit higher then protein - i.e. something like 375g protein, 425g carbs, and 85g fat (slightly lower on the fat).

This is roughly 40/45/15 but modified a bit. Man, 4000 calories is alot of food, I sure hope you're right about your maintenance or you will become that blithering fat ass you're worried about being!

Gucks is offline Member
    agree with Gb on the macro ratio, that a gd ratio for bulking. u culd go 40/40/20 if u feel the carbs are to high but at 4k calories i think that will put ur fats to high. are u sure ur MC at 3400? what are ur stats? my MC is about 3100 and im 18, doing plenty of cardio and working out. aim for 600 calories over TDEE for a pretty lean bulk, 500 over for a very lean bulk. good luck!

Also, i dunno if it matters, but im kinda prone to fat. I used to be about 240lbs with no gym time at all, then dropped to about 180. so i still have a lilttle stomach on me that i feel is never going to go away. I worry about lowering my macros too much because i dont want to lose any muscle that i have worked so hard putting on in the first place. and up above, i just realized that the weights i go between are with clothes on.. the others are not. i got alil confused lol.. so ive been balancing out at about 195-196 for the past 2 weeks. Also, maybe my calculation for maintenance was so high because i work landscaping all day then an hr 30 or so at the gym at night. The calculation I used was the more of the " active" number

I dunno if it matters, but by adjusting the protein from what it was in the beginning ( prob about 280-300) to about 400, thats when most of my results kicked in for ther better... What kind of cardio do i need for this type of a bulking diet so i wont get fat as hell. I do cardio now but thats one of the last things i need to fix with my workout. Im a cardio virign so to speak lol. My biggest fear is losing the muscle it has taken me so long to put on. Although, ive been sick as hell the last few days. Hopefully I can get back in monday nightr. I dont think tomorrow is happening.

Thread Information