army_cobra is offline Associate Member

Just Down Right Nasty

Okay so there are a few people in here that know i just started my diet. I have never really Dieted before i just have watched what i have ate. I have a question on how to make cottage cheese and brown rice taste better? Dont get me wrong i have been sucking it up and just eating it plain but that is getting old really fast. The only way i can actually eat the cottage cheese is mix my tuna in with it.

So what can i do to get it down a little easier guys/girls?

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    >>So what can i do to get it down a little easier guys/girls?

swallow don't chew or think for that matter

man the **** up

yes I know cottage cheese on the spoon is shit tier

brown rice is easy money

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    I mix my brown rice with chicken,tuna, and 93/7% chop meat.
    I don't eat cottage cheese I get my fats from nuts, evoo, flax oil and fish caps.
    But I did see a guy say he added cottage cheese to his protien shake.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    white rice and brown rice have nearly the same GI index when eaten with protein such as beef or chicken or fish.. so the best way to make brown rice taste better is to just eat white rice.. GBrice and Damien will argue otherwise, but there is enough info out there for you to make up your own mind..

as for the cottage cheese.. i am assuming this is prior to going to bed??? just get Casein protein shake instead.. problem solved.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    I won't argue otherwise actually because my answer is gonna take it in a whole other direction:

Don't eat brown rice or cottage cheese. In general, it's best to learn how to man up and just do it as someone said above but neither of those foods is worth making yourself miserable over. Lean steak and casein powder are better slow-digesting protein sources than cottage cheese. Lentils, beans (not canned), sweet potatoes, oats, barley, quinoa, and many other carb sources are better than brown rice.

Also, a rice cooker does work wonders but still - go with another carb.

And fine, I'll bite Machine. Even if we take the GI out of it because yes, you're right that some varieties of white rice are similarly close in GI value; we're still talking about a whole grain vs. a carb that provides no nutritional value.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    ^^^^Agreed

I get my fats mainly from peanuts, peanut butter and i take fish oil. So you are saying just screw it and dont eat it? I actually eat the cottage cheese in my second meal. I have casien that i drink while im in bed falling asleep so ya right before bed. I can handle the wheat pasta for carbs. I just add my chicken and some red and green peppers for flavor. I can handle the cottage cheese and brown rice like i said before it just makes me feel like crap. I can post my diet up if needed. I have a thread with my diet on it but i have changed it a little since then

Wheat pasta is a "meh" carb. Most brands are nowhere near as good as a natural, unprocessed carb like the ones I mentioned. Regardless, yeah - just don't eat those foods. ESPECIALLY if the cottage cheese isn't before bed. Just do some chicken/steak/fish - cottage cheese isn't comparable.

I have 1/2 cup of oats in the morning. 8g p, 2g f, 40g c, and 190 cals is what i have for whole wheat pasta 1 cup. I eat alot of chicken, sirlon tip steak, fish, and alot of wild game meat. I mean if i have to suck it up and eat it i will. Im tired of the way my body looks and i will do whatever i have to, to get where i want to be.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by army_cobra View Post
    The only way i can actually eat the cottage cheese is mix my tuna in with it.
    This sounds fvckin disgusting!!

I use sugar free preserves, tastes just like cottage cheese with the fruit added, but without all the sugar.

Personally i'm ok with cottage cheese vs. casein powder (agreed, lean beef is by far the better choice though) - you get a few extra grams of sugar but if you're bulking it's no biggie.

I wouldn't go nuts over brown rice either; rice would be my last choice for a complex carb as compared to the others Damien already mentioned.

You know it tasted actually better then eating it by itself. I just need some carbs in my diet. I have plenty of protien/fats i just need something for my carbs. i have that pasta but i know i will get tired of that. I have my peanuts for carbs/fats. I have the pasta for a carb source along with the rice, onions, whole wheat bread, oatmeal. i been eating my carbs up to lunch so 1st,2nd,and 3rd meal. I also try to get my healthy fats in durning that time to. I do have a protien source during all of my meals. Is this a healthy way of doing it? I have dont alot of research but everything and everyone is different ya know. Also i am cutting, im 5'11 and i wiegh 197 as of last friday. I did a home BF% and i was at 19

Cottage cheese and tuna. I don't even eat for taste much lately but I can't imagine it.

I know right it just dont sound good but it wasnt that bad at all. The taste for cottage cheese isnt what gets me it is the texture oh YUCK. When i mixed it with tuna i didnt even notice it but im just going to cut it out of my diet all together. Tuna is better anyways and some good old meat.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    brown rice and franks hot sauce is money

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    i cook for a living so i get to taste all that buttery, sweet and yummy foods. i look forward every day to eat a bland meal.

one question, how big of an effect would eating brown rice over lets say a sweet potato have on your progress.

i think people blow it out of porportion a little much, but then again im kinda ignorant to the indepth dieting info.

Well I just eat the rice for my daily carbs. I could do sweet potato, but rice is just easier to cook at work. I did some research and im going to add more natural carbs to my diet. I will make a new thread of the diet I have been doing

No major impact from eating brown rice vs. a sweet potato or any other comparable complex carb.

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    thanks

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Basmati rice is the best tasting rice and it also a 'better' choice of white rice

The GI is similar to brown rice but it tastes amazing ( like popcorn)

As far as cottage cheese....

Blend it
    Add vanilla, sweetner and lemon zest and eat like a pudding

If u have a ice cream maker stick it in that ( this is damien's idea and i have not tried it yet)

You'll enjoy this Base - I made rice pudding with Basmati the other day and it was money. Basically cooked 2 cups of it in SO coconut milk beverage (basically just a super low calorie coconut oil drink made to be the texture of milk - no sugar or anything) over medium heat, whisking it every so often. Once the rice became tender, added a mixture of egg yolks, zest, cardamom, cinnamon, stevia, vanilla casein, vanilla Hydro Whey, and whisked that on a simmer until it thickened up just right. Don't have exact measurements because I eyeballed everything but it was great. Didn't make it to be a bodybuilding meal really, was just bored and wanted something sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    You'll enjoy this Base - I made rice pudding with Basmati the other day and it was money. Basically cooked 2 cups of it in SO coconut milk beverage (basically just a super low calorie coconut oil drink made to be the texture of milk - no sugar or anything) over medium heat, whisking it every so often. Once the rice became tender, added a mixture of egg yolks, zest, cardamom, cinnamon, stevia, vanilla casein, vanilla Hydro Whey, and whisked that on a simmer until it thickened up just right. Don't have exact measurements because I eyeballed everything but it was great. Didn't make it to be a bodybuilding meal really, was just bored and wanted something sweet.
    Sounds fvcking awesome! That's why I didn't continue in the business... no creativity. =(

I will have to give this a go when im off this diet

Sounds wkd, still gota do the cottage cheese ice cream tho aswell

I will have to give this a go when im off this diet

Sounds wkd, still gota do the cottage cheese ice cream tho aswell

this sounds really good i will have to give it a try once i get my BF down. Also i found out as long as i cook the night before with a little flavor over the stove i can eat it at work. So im going to stick with rice,whole wheat bread/pasta

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    to OP "plug your nose and pound it back you baby, wanna lose fat or not!!"

Thread Information