Failed attempts at Bulking

Height: 5'11''
    Weight: 140 LBS
    Cycle Exp: None
    PCT Knowledge: none
    Training Exp: 9 months
    Training Time: two hours a day, six days a week, only THREE weeks a month
    Metobol: High
    Diet: spinach 1 bundle . steamed eggs 4 . milk 1 liter . tuna 1 can . fruits 3-4 items . oat 6 tea spoons . fiber-&-vitmin-rich cereal 400 grams . honey/olive oil/dates 200 grams . Protein powder 500 grams.

My Input:
    i have maintained the above diet and *basic* training schedule for 9 months.
    by now i lift decent weights (they are not competitive figures and i don't know how heavy, but i had a steady and expected improvement since i first started)

The Problem:
    1- By today, i am frustrated that i have not gained muscle mass. whatever muscle i have is lean but i am mostly bone and flesh eventhough i -as mentioned- am improving in weightlifting nicely. What is wrong with my Diet? or more so, what is right about it?

2- On many occasions, I shit everything i eat. so right after an expensive meal i would go into toilet and watch it go down the drain, although i haven't eaten anything before that. Is this a common incident in bodybuilding?

Note:
    several nutrition doctors i saw, and GYM mates, want me to eat everything as *high metabolism skinny guys have to put in everything even JUNK*. I'm suspicious, who should i ask for a good nutrition plan?
    Last edited by Rayan B; 03-14-2011 at 05:13 AM.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    You should better describe your diet. List out the all the meals you eat noting how much carbs, protein, and fat the meal yields. Doing so will allow the diet gurus to tell you where you're diet is going wrong. Regarding your training, does this mean you take an entire week off working out? 2 hours is also a lot of time to be training if you're not doing cardio. A sample workout split may also be useful to have critiqued.

Rayan B is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    You should better describe your diet. List out the all the meals you eat noting how much carbs, protein, and fat the meal yields. Doing so will allow the diet gurus to tell you where you're diet is going wrong. Regarding your training, does this mean you take an entire week off working out? 2 hours is also a lot of time to be training if you're not doing cardio. A sample workout split may also be useful to have critiqued.
    yeah, i take one week off each month. and yes i do a 30 minutes cardio before the two hours bodybuilding-exercises.
    i don't know the amounts of carb/prot/fat Rex it is hard for me to measure them, to be honest.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayan B View Post
    yeah, i take one week off each month. and yes i do a 30 minutes cardio before the two hours bodybuilding-exercises.
    i don't know the amounts of carb/prot/fat Rex it is hard for me to measure them, to be honest.
    Well taking a week off every month isn't going to help. You want to give your muscles/joints/tendons/ligaments a break so most people will have something like a de-load week where you use strictly lighter weights and don't go to failure or anything like that. Two hours of lifting is counter productive. Your workout should typically be like 45 mins, an hour tops! It's better to do your cardio after your workout too, that way you have more energy for your lifting and you'll burn more fat with your cardio.

You're gonna have to measure them man. I can just about guarantee you that your problem lies in your diet. If you've never counted your macro nutrients I think you will be surprised how little you've been taking in when you do. Figure out a way to measure them, it may seem like a daunting task initially, but anyone can do it. When you do post it up here and let the board members do their magic.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Definitely post up your diet in a better format. Take a look at mine below for an idea of what we want to see:

GB's Current Diet:

PROTEIN/CARBS/FAT/TOTAL CALORIES

MEAL 1 - PRE-WORKOUT
    4:30am

Premier protein shake - 30/5/3/160
    1 cup oats - 10/52/5/280
    1 Extra Large Whole Egg - 7/0/5/90
    1/2 cup liquid egg whites - 12/2/0/60
    1/2 cup blueberries - 0/10/0/40

TOTALS: 60/70/12.5/620

5:30am - WORKOUT, followed by 1 hour cardio

MEAL 2 - POST WORKOUT
    7:30am

1 cup oats - 10/52/5/280
    2 scoops Myofusion - 50/10/6/315

TOTAL: 60/60/11/600

MEAL 3
    10:00am

6oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - 36/0/2.5/165
    7oz Sweet Potato - 3/35/0/150
    1 Cup Green Beans - 1/4/0/20

TOTALS: 40/40/2/350

MEAL 4
    1:00pm

4oz 95/5 Lean Ground Beef - 35/0/7/200
    1/2 cup (a little over) Brown Rice - 5/40/1/180
    1/4 cup tomato sauce - 0/3/0/12
    2 cups baby spinach - 2/2/0/15

TOTALS: 40/45/8/415

MEAL 5
    4:00pm

3/4 cup 1% Milk Fat Cottage Cheese, No Sodium Added: 20/7.5/2.5/135
    1 scoop ON 100% Casein - 24/3/1/120
    2tbsp PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter - 4/6/1/50

TOTALS: 50/15/4/300

MEAL 6
    7:00pm

6oz Broiled Tilapia - 35/0/3/165
    1 cup broccoli - 3/6/0/30
    1tsp EVOO - 0/0/5/45

TOTALS: 40/6/8/235

MEAL 7
    10:00pm

1 cup 1% Milk Fat Cottage Cheese, No Sodium Added: 26/10/3/180

TOTALS: 26/10/3/180 (could add more fats here but happy with totals as is)

DAILY TOTALS: 315/250/50/2700

46% protein, 37% carbs, 17% fat

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Bulking isn't as easy as people think if you're doing it the right way, Everything you do kinda requires thought about your diet, making sure you can eat what you need to eat when you're suppose to eat it. I schedule my breaks at work around when i need to eat. My social life even involves me planning how i'm going to eat when i'm out the right way.

Along with posting your diet, do you have any diagnosed medical conditions?

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Look at his summarized diet boys! Yes, he needs to post it in detail for optimized help but he's clearly eating like a 6 month old trying to cut.

Also, over-training and taking a week off without proper nutrition to substantiate it thus, negating any progress that may have been made in the three weeks prior. Let's not forget that an occasional de-load or something is fine provided you keep the nutrients coming but otherwise, muscle is "use or lose"

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Look at his summarized diet boys! Yes, he needs to post it in detail for optimized help but he's clearly eating like a 6 month old trying to cut.
    Lmao!!!

Thread Information