little p is offline Junior Member

nothing wrong with whole eggs.. everyone eating whites and wsting so much good nutri

It’s been a couple of months since I arrived back from a five week trip to Asia and the lack of nutritional knowledge astounded me.

I thought we in the western world had a bad understanding of what’s good and what’s bad but nothing compared to what I was up against there.

Again the same old misconception about eggs cropped up. I was on my way to the gym with my friend and We were discussing diet and I happened to ask him what he ate for breakfast that morning. He told me he had a 5 egg “White” omelette.

I asked him “why didn’t you have the yolks of the eggs”? His reply is what I expected and is generally the same misconception about eggs, “because that is where the nasty FAT and CHOLESTEROL is”.

My reply was “NO”, that’s where all of the nutrition is, the “GOOD FATS” and quality protein are in the yolk of the egg! This is a perfect example of the misinformation regarding nutrition surrounding us today. People just don’t know what to believe.

Egg White V Egg Yolk Nutritional Facts
    But believe me when I say the yolk of an egg is the most nutrient dense, mineral and protein filled, vitamin and anti-oxidant rich part of the egg.

By throwing it away and only eating the egg whites you are effectively throwing away the best part! J It contains a multitude of vitamins such as vitamin A and various B vitamins! Cool eh?

Egg whites, well they are almost like a “David” and “Goliath” analogy..

The egg yolk being “Goliath” and the white being “David”.. The egg white’s are almost devoid of nutrition compared to the yolks. The protein in an egg white isn’t nearly as effective without the yolk to level off the amino’s and make the protein even more bio available.

And even cooler are Free Range Eggs, they are jam packed with even better and healthier Omega 3 Fatty acids which help in the metabolising of FAT!.. Now I think that’s pretty cool!!

Not only that, yolks contain a multitude of antioxidants, yet another reason why the “Whole” egg is actually good for you not detrimental to you

I know what you’re thinking… “But what about the cholesterol and calories in eggs?” Well let’s answer that!

Did you know that there are two types of cholesterol?

Some of you may but most don’t!.. There are two types of cholesterol…

HDL Cholesterol and LDL Cholesterol, HDL being the “GOOD” and LDL is the “BAD”

Did you know by eating up to three whole eggs per day over 12 weeks while on a reduced carb, higher fat diet can increase your “HDL” (good) cholesterol by up 20% which in the long run will decrease your chances of heart disease later in life!

Whole eggs are the way forward!!

Calories?

This isn’t really an issue… Let me tell you why…

Yes whole eggs do contain more calories than just eating the egg whites BUT the yolks have such a high micro nutrient density that it actually increases your overall nutrient density for every calorie you consume.

Even most health and fitness pro’s you come across in your average commercial gym wouldn’t actually know this and would be of the same opinion as you had before reading this! J

So the next time one of them or anyone else of the “Fat Phobics” try’s to tell you that the whole egg is bad for you or to just eat one whole egg to 3 or 4 egg whites in your omelette just nod and smile because you know the TRUTH about eggs.

Believe me an omelette tastes so much better with 3 whole eggs to 1 and 4 eggs whites…

A research study I was reading a while ago compared two groups of people, one who ate a high fat egg breakfast and the other a cereal and toast breakfast.

The results didn’t shock me at all.. the people who ate the egg breakfast maintained healthy lean muscle and lost fat while the cereal eaters lost muscle and gained fat.

The egg eaters also took in less calories for the remainder of the day because their appetite was more satisfied compared to the guys who had cereal and toast!

Eggs increase your fat burning metabolism so start eating them.. all of them

Here’s to a healthier and more RIPPED you!

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Heard this before, not real impressed. None of it changes the macro nutrients of egg whites either (which is pure protein). The study you read about also is not relevant as it compares eggs vs cereal and toast, not eggs vs egg whites.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Informative post but you are kinda late to the party. I am pretty sure most here are already in agreement on the value of the yoke.

Little P, I have a question for you being YOU wrote this article. Being it's been "a couple of months since you got back from this trip" by your own account. If you knew this months ago please explain post #6 in this thread from less than two weeks ago?

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t=#post5548582

If I didnt know better I would think you are trying to take credit for someone elses writing.

Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    Heard this before, not real impressed. None of it changes the macro nutrients of egg whites either (which is pure protein). The study you read about also is not relevant as it compares eggs vs cereal and toast, not eggs vs egg whites.
    its eggs v egg whites

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    Little P, I have a question for you being YOU wrote this article. Being it's been "a couple of months since you got back from this trip" by your own account. If you knew this months ago please explain post #6 in this thread from less than two weeks ago?

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t=#post5548582

If I didnt know better I would think you are trying to take credit for someone elses writing.
    no buddy wasnt me that wrote it.. the nutrional table didnt copy and paste

i just found it interesting to read as i no this guy and he is series shape.. ill send you link

My point is if you use someone else writing, especially when it's written in the first person be sure and credit it to them. This totally appears as if you are taking credit for the article.

My point is if you use someone else writing, especially when it's written in the first person be sure and credit it to them. This totally appears as if you are taking credit for the article.
    didnt set out to take credit for it at all.. i just didnt wanna post his name on a steriod forum without his permission and was just letting others have a read..

GoNoles99 is offline Junior Member
    If I'm making scrambled eggs while bulking I like to go with 3-4 whole eggs with an additional 4 egg whites. Cutting I'd go with just 1 yoke with ~7 extra whites. Thoughts?

^^ I am 4 weeks out from a show and still have 4-6 yokes per day. As long as they fit into your alloted fat macros for the day you should be fine.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    I eat a lot of whole eggs as well regardless of the goal just because I find egg whites alone near intolerable. As stated above, I just account for the fat.

Which brings me to my point: no offense to the OP of the article but this isn't revolutionary. We all know egg yolks have a great nutritional value. It's simply a matter of calories - you can't eat only whole eggs for protein without consuming way too many calories from fat. It's like eating Ribeye steaks and salmon skin all day.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    ^^ I am 4 weeks out from a show and still have 4-6 yokes per day. As long as they fit into your alloted fat macros for the day you should be fine.
    This is what it's all about. The fat to protein ratio in eggs is pretty high, nearly 50/50. However, as FG said if you can fit the fat into your daily fat macro goal, eat em' up! The yolks have a ton of nutrition to offer.

Thread Information